Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bistromatic
Oct 3, 2004

And turn the inner eye
To see its path...

enigmahfc posted:

I'm guessing it has something to do with the little marks on the side of the base used for barrel rolls. Fortify uses those, I think.
I think it came up in one of the videos and iirc if you are completely on one side of those marks you count as in front/behind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

EnjoiThePureTrip posted:

So, when are you “behind” another ship?

E: Also, it sort of annoys me that things are now “bonus attacks” as it seems like t has the same unnecessary wordiness as “free action”

We don't have the full rules, but presumably "in front of" and "behind" are relative to the horizontal, centerline marks on every ship.

"Bonus Attack" is super useful wording. Every ship gets a standard attack in the engagement phase. Any other attack is a bonus attack. Ships can only have one bonus attack per round, period.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Gonna echo everyone else and also point out the Wookie ship with Reinforce. Not sure if a ship will have to fully behind or in front of the line; Reinforce works as long as even the smallest part of the ship is behind that line.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Gonna echo everyone else and also point out the Wookie ship with Reinforce. Not sure if a ship will have to fully behind or in front of the line; Reinforce works as long as even the smallest part of the ship is behind that line.

IIRC from reading the rules at Euros, behind is defined as 'no part of the relevant ship prootruding past the centre line.

Reinforce also now doesn't work if the ship concerned crosses the centre line IIRC.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

That's good, and much easier now that every cardboard has the lines.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT
Not a fan of the Genius astromech that allows you to drop or launch bombs after executing a maneuver. While yes, it is unique, and only works if you fully execute (can't bump), not a fan that it'll have ships bombing outside of a phase used for bombing.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Ringo Star Get posted:

Not a fan of the Genius astromech that allows you to drop or launch bombs after executing a maneuver. While yes, it is unique, and only works if you fully execute (can't bump), not a fan that it'll have ships bombing outside of a phase used for bombing.

Yeah, Genius is pretty nasty - but do bear in mind that there is exactly one ship in the game that can use it without risking hitting itself with any bomb other than Seismic Charge - Captain Nym. Even Sol Sixxa can't any more, as he can't roll far enough forward.

Bistromatic
Oct 3, 2004

And turn the inner eye
To see its path...
Throwing Genius and a Skilled Bombardier on a Y-Wing looks like it might work.

Edit: No wait, throwing out a thing at Speed 2 is 80mm which still puts you in the 100mm Range 1

Bistromatic fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Jul 4, 2018

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

Bistromatic posted:

Throwing Genius and a Skilled Bombardier on a Y-Wing looks like it might work.

Edit: No wait, throwing out a thing at Speed 2 is 80mm which still puts you in the 100mm Range 1
Ah but y-wings have barrel roll now. Could it theoretically be possible if you barrel roll forwards?

Cobbsprite
May 6, 2012

Threatening stuffed animals for fun and profit.

bunnyofdoom posted:

Ah but y-wings have barrel roll now. Could it theoretically be possible if you barrel roll forwards?

Unless I misread the rules, all barrel rolls are now horizontal-only movement. No forward or back, just side to side.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Yes and no. You can still do three movemwnts i think. Not as much tho

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

For reference:

Bistromatic
Oct 3, 2004

And turn the inner eye
To see its path...

bunnyofdoom posted:

Some internet component list gave me bomb width of 32mm. If this is accurste a Y-Wing can juuust make it.

And just for fun here's Sol Sixaa with a Skilled Bombardier. (Assuming this is how you roll medium ships)

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006
Do we even know if YWings and Scurggs have a gunner slot?

Bistromatic
Oct 3, 2004

And turn the inner eye
To see its path...
No clue, i just assumed they'd have one because they have turrets.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
I believe the Y-wing at least is confirmed with a gunner slot.

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy
Since ships have all their upgrade slots tracked via the app now, it seems incredibly dumb that the M-3A still has the ship-specific "you may equip a missile, torpedo, or cannon" wording printed on the card itself.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

overdesigned posted:

Since ships have all their upgrade slots tracked via the app now, it seems incredibly dumb that the M-3A still has the ship-specific "you may equip a missile, torpedo, or cannon" wording printed on the card itself.

Maybe because it's both 1) all of those slots are mutually exclusive with each other and 2) literally the ships entire gimmick and not going to change.

Bistromatic
Oct 3, 2004

And turn the inner eye
To see its path...
Yeah, they have to explain somewhere that you can only use one of those slots at a time, might as well put it on the card.

I mean technically they could have the app disable the other two slots as soon as you use one and leave you to figure it out for yourself but that doesn't seem like a great idea.

Arvid
Oct 9, 2005
Has anything been said about how epic ships will be handled in 2.0 ? Are they just gone from the game ?

uncle blog
Nov 18, 2012

They’re coming later they said, probably in a separate conversion kit.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Don't you just love it when you pick a list for someone and teach them how to fly it and over time show them how to beat your list and then you get matched up with them in a tournament........

A mixture of pride and hatred I tell you.

I really hope 5 X-wings isn't possible in 2.0. Flown well they are insane.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

this seems fun

Wedge Antilles (29)
Swarm Tactics (2)
Renegade Refit (-2)
Flight-Assist Astromech (1)
Integrated Astromech (0)
Servomotor S-Foils (0)

Wes Janson (29)
Swarm Tactics (2)
Renegade Refit (-2)
Integrated Astromech (0)
Servomotor S-Foils (0)

Airen Cracken (19)
Swarm Tactics (2)
Harpoon Missiles (4)
Guidance Chips (0)

Bandit Squadron Pilot (12)
Harpoon Missiles (4)
Guidance Chips (0)

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Raged posted:

I really hope 5 X-wings isn't possible in 2.0. Flown well they are insane.

A pox on you and your household for hating fun.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Strobe posted:

8 Z-95s is more fun.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

banned from Starbucks posted:

this seems fun

Wedge Antilles (29)
Swarm Tactics (2)
Renegade Refit (-2)
Integrated Astromech (0)
Servomotor S-Foils (0)

Wes Janson (29)
Swarm Tactics (2)
Renegade Refit (-2)
Integrated Astromech (0)
Servomotor S-Foils (0)

Airen Cracken (19)
Swarm Tactics (2)
Harpoon Missiles (4)
Guidance Chips (0)

Bandit Squadron Pilot (12)
Harpoon Missiles (4)
Guidance Chips (0)

That looks gnarly and fun. Get the Bandit firing harpoons at PS8 with focus/TL? Sweet.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

canyoneer posted:

That looks gnarly and fun. Get the Bandit firing harpoons at PS8 with focus/TL? Sweet.

With the swarm chain they all shoot at PS9!

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
We should be a month out from the app being released

On a scale of 1-7 on the Bristol stool chart, how bad is it going to be

Strobe posted:

Don't get me wrong I love flying it, but 5 T-65s is OP. The only big threat is harpoon lists. Spreading out enough for the first engagement and then jamming them up in a furball counters harpoon really well.

Cobbsprite
May 6, 2012

Raged posted:

We should be a month out from the app being released

On a scale of 1-7 on the Bristol stool chart, how bad is it going to be

Don't get me wrong I love flying it, but 5 T-65s is OP. The only big threat is harpoon lists. Spreading out enough for the first engagement and then jamming them up in a furball counters harpoon really well.

I have to reluctantly agree. 3 red dice with 2 green dice is pretty solid, and if you use flight-assist astromech on a rookie pilot with integrated astromech and s-foils, you have a lot of reposition options and a combined six health. That's a heavy weight of firepower, and solid resilience behind it.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Cobbsprite posted:

I have to reluctantly agree. 3 red dice with 2 green dice is pretty solid, and if you use flight-assist astromech on a rookie pilot with integrated astromech and s-foils, you have a lot of reposition options and a combined six health. That's a heavy weight of firepower, and solid resilience behind it.

I think it's the FAA + S-Foils, not necessarily the dice count itself.

It's a LOT harder to arc-dodge 5 T-65s with FAA and S-Foils than it sounds. Palp Aces/Triple Aces would eat this list for lunch (a long lunch) if they weren't so squirrely.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
The Fang Fighter preview has a really interesting diagram of a Tallon Roll in 2.0. I'm intrigued.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Strobe posted:

The Fang Fighter preview has a really interesting diagram of a Tallon Roll in 2.0. I'm intrigued.

If I recall correctly from the dev preview videos, the tallon roll is unchanged and you can still get that forward/backwards/inbetween slop, unlike the barrel roll

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

Strobe posted:

Never mind, I think I'm reading the drat thing backwards.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

canyoneer posted:

If I recall correctly from the dev preview videos, the tallon roll is unchanged and you can still get that forward/backwards/inbetween slop, unlike the barrel roll

That's definitely not what's in the Fang Fighter preview.

EDIT: it doesn't change a drat thing about where you end up. But it very much changes what obstacles you might overlap when you pull one off.

EDIT 2: no my eyes are just bad. :v:

Strobe fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Jul 9, 2018

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

Strobe posted:

That's definitely not what's in the Fang Fighter preview.

I first thought that it now it works like this:
1) place hard turn template on side of model, lined up on the middle line of the ship base
2) pick up model
3) place model such that the other end of the template is centered between the two forward nubs of the ship base

But I think that's backwards, and that in the diagram, the ship is starting behind and to the right of the target ship, and t-rolls into place in front of it, meaning t-rolls work the same as they always did.

Cobbsprite
May 6, 2012

ConfusedUs posted:

I think it's the FAA + S-Foils, not necessarily the dice count itself.

It's a LOT harder to arc-dodge 5 T-65s with FAA and S-Foils than it sounds. Palp Aces/Triple Aces would eat this list for lunch (a long lunch) if they weren't so squirrely.

Honestly, I think this list would break Palp Aces or Trip Aces. Yes, the FAA and S-Foils makes an enormous difference, because it allows the X-Wings to respond to dodge attempts and set up overlapping fields of fire. But the dice those X-Wings are rolling is what takes this from solid to deadly. The glut of red dice means that they'll be able to run out a defender's tokens and push through with the hits that will take the aces off the board. And that much health backed up by two red dice means that they can survive long enough to deal out the serious punishment.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
It would take a long time, but competently flown Triple Aces won't be facing multiple (3+) shots each turn unless they're loving it up and eventually probability mitigation will start to win out over swingy greens with no access to multiple modifications and "merely" a big chunk of health.

Palp Aces might well get hosed hard, because that shuttle is not maneuverable enough to stay out from under five sets of guns and after that it's a pretty significant hole to dig out of.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
It's just that 5 X-Wings with FAA that move first can make planning a move drat near impossible once things get in close. With Poonapple to win I need to kill 2 X-Wings with the first engagement. If any two X-wings are in r1 of each other and in arc I can do it easily. However, I trained my buddy to spread his stuff out a crazy amount and it has ended up 100-80 every drat time. He can just surround me and squeeze.

Reaper lists are the same. If I gently caress the first engagement and can't kill the Reaper first engagement its game over. ISB slicers letting ships get double jammed is crazy powerful. I will be very happy when ships can only get 1 jam token in 2.0. However, 5 X-wings eats Reaper lists for lunch.

Still no word on Australian nationals for this year. One of the big tournament organisers who everyone expects to get it this year has not heard anything from the Aussie distributor Let's Play Games. That either means we won't get one or that they are giving to one of the chain of shops that they own that they in no way show favouritism to.

Completely unrelated Good Games shops have been receiving up to 6 of the quarterly kits, while a bunch of non GG shops who have ordered them have received none.......... We haven't seen a new kit in 6 months

Raged fucked around with this message at 09:47 on Jul 10, 2018

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
I feel dirty, but I might give this a shot against Reaper and 5X lists.

Wullffwarro (30)
Lightning Reflexes (1) or selflessness
Saw Gerrera (1)
Hull Upgrade (3)

Lowhhrick (28)
Expertise (4)
C-3PO (3)

Wookiee Liberator (26)
Expertise (4)

Total: 100

View in Yet Another Squad Builder

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uncle blog
Nov 18, 2012

Sicne both Saw and Wullf refer to the window «when attacking», are you allowed first roll your dice, take damage with Saw and then roll an additional dice?