Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Yes I'm sure Chuck schumer will put up a valiant fight indeed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

can’t wait for him to fold as soon as he can

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Hmm... how's it gonna go?

"Gee willikers, I tried to whip those red state dems into shape, but gosh darn it, they just have to seem moderate to get the vote!"

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

even if schumer actually holds to that position and threat, the problem is this is eighteen loving months too late and the Democrats are already going to pay a price in November

Real talk even if we get a wave in 2018 and a victory in 2020 I think the party is going to end up splitting

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

SKULL.GIF posted:

even if schumer actually holds to that position and threat, the problem is this is eighteen loving months too late and the Democrats are already going to pay a price in November

Real talk even if we get a wave in 2018 and a victory in 2020 I think the party is going to end up splitting

:yeshaha:

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

i dont see any way 2019 isnt a nightmare for the dems. maybe i'm wrong who knows

navyjack
Jul 15, 2006

https://twitter.com/dabstoriches/status/1016527241340055552?s=21

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

loquacius posted:

can someone name me a compelling tale with no genuine conflict

Catcher in the Rye didn't have genuine conflict but even its most die-hard proponents would probably classify it more as a character study than an archetypal "tale" and also it's not compelling

Laid-Back Camp

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Zas posted:

i dont see any way 2019 isnt a nightmare for the dems. maybe i'm wrong who knows

Yeah pelosi has thourouly discredited herself so the first thing we're gonna get if the Dems win the house back is a whole lot of infighting

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

personal observation: allowing debbie stabenow to go unchallenged in the MI primary is a huge loving mistake. she is going to lose, as is gretchen whitmer, who will probably get the Dem nomination for governor thanks to shri thanedar.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

SKULL.GIF posted:

Zas posted:

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

ThndrShk2k posted:

beRNiE PanDErS, wHOmSTeDED Be nOT A dEMocRaT, AlWAys HaS To StrOKe hIS EGgo. #gOAWay #NEverBERN

bernie shamders is responsible for trump he is a fraud! shame on the despicable "bernie bros" they couldnt stand a strong woman maybe this time they won't be so stupid! vote in november!! #resist

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

really queer Christmas posted:

can’t wait for him to fold as soon as he can

hes been the chair of a whole bunch of poo poo

no wonder he loves folding

:sad:

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

SKULL.GIF posted:

This would be the best case scenario. In actuality the dems are going to lose bigly in 2018, and 2020, and the dems will just cease to exist as a party, but will exist as a PAC loving over progressive challengers to republicans in formerly blue strongholds.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Bernie knows that you don’t fold a chair, you raise it up!

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

i mean at this point i dont know what the gently caress will, but could losing roe be the straw that breaks the camels back? i mean that causes dems and a lot of good dems to take over in 2020?

im trying to be positive

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
the contradictions just got ten feet higher

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Gio posted:

i mean at this point i dont know what the gently caress will, but could losing roe be the straw that breaks the camels back? i mean that causes dems and a lot of good dems to take over in 2020?

im trying to be positive

losing roe would accelerate the party split, because by that point it's between destroy the chuds salt the earth, and reform conservatism. I know I'm the former.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/swilkinsonbc/status/1016402135603404801?s=19

running in KEITH!!!!'s district to replace him

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/hunterschwarz/status/1016387539387772929

pelosi gay so what

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

pelosi has actually been solid on lgbtq+ stuff

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
pelosi, you're gay

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJbmB9k2Y88

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE

Oh chucky who do you think youre fooling

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Awww chucky ducky!

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
so long, gay pelosi

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
nancy chooses to celebrate life as a gay man

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Joementum posted:

the contradictions just got ten feet higher

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
according to a vox article i just read, if every dem senator abstains from roll call votes the whole chamber grinds to a halt because republicans dont have enough votes to provide a quorum. idk whether convincing 2 gop senators to vote no on kavanaugh is easier than convincing every dem senator to play procedural hardball tho

https://www.vox.com/mischiefs-of-faction/2018/6/20/17480304/how-democrats-can-shut-down-senate

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat
Happened in Wisconsin. The governor sent goons to find and forcibly transport representatives to the floor to get quorum and vote.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Literally the easiest loving layup Schumer could make and I’m still not sold that Hes gonna land it

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)

Finicums Wake posted:

according to a vox article i just read, if every dem senator abstains from roll call votes the whole chamber grinds to a halt because republicans dont have enough votes to provide a quorum. idk whether convincing 2 gop senators to vote no on kavanaugh is easier than convincing every dem senator to play procedural hardball tho

https://www.vox.com/mischiefs-of-faction/2018/6/20/17480304/how-democrats-can-shut-down-senate

As if democrats had the spine to do this

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Democrats are gonna vote for Kavanaugh and blame Susan Sarandon.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

"unless they don't have enough votes to confirm, or we get a fat bribe"

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

"So if you just roll over on this one we can have this whole capitulation thing wrapped up by lunchtime. Half day, folks!"

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

chcuck schumer at the alamo: this is it! im drawing a line in the sand. who will stand with us?? for your sacred hono-

*he suddenly "trips" across the line*

ah poo poo well folks looks like we got to surrender

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Democrats are gonna vote for Kavanaugh and blame Susan Sarandon.

https://twitter.com/FrankConniff/status/1016513676067725313

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

jesus christ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

Goddammit TV's Frank.

• Locked thread