Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Corbyn has no chance of winning an election. That's why the Tories are pissing and making GBS threads themselves in fear at the prospect of an election.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Brussels beating England in soccer would be pretty good in the context of current events.

I still say Croatia deserves it since they knocked out Russia and they're a Pluckly Little Country.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
So hey is the government collapsing or what

looks like it to me

Anyways

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
this is some good rear end Politics mother country, well done, keep it up

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

death to perfidious albion, vive la france in the world cup

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

HerraS posted:

death to perfidious albion, vive la france in the world cup

I can get behind france winning too since they are england's hereditary foe.

Yoshi Wins
Jul 14, 2013

what's all this? what the gently caress are you all talking about?

it's coming home

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer
I like it when british politics becomes a big thing, because then I get to see all the grotesque mockeries of god your country has birthed and watch them try to get revenge on the world that did them the great cruelty of giving them life.

Like they all look like drawings from a book designed to frighten children into making safe and moral choices.

Like Jacob Rees-Mogg imprisons you in a cage of iron beneath the earth if disrespect your mother.

Michael Gove turns you into a doll if you stray from your path in the woods

Boris Johnson swallows whole children who dirty their sunday clothes

Agnosticnixie
Jan 6, 2015
Is this the part of british politics where people start turning up dead or is this not a thing anymore

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

hakimashou posted:

I can get behind france winning too since they are england's hereditary foe.

actually all the teams left in the world cup have committed war crimes so supporting any of them is problematic

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
France will win

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
time to try this puppy out

Agnosticnixie posted:

Is this the part of british politics where people start turning up dead or is this not a thing anymore

that just sort of happens every now and then

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

it’s actually coming home ya cretins

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
allons enfants de la patrie

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
In your heart of hearts, would you rather win the world cup or have May's government collapse?

Preston Waters
May 21, 2010

by VideoGames
been a long time since I dropped in on you "blokes" aka "wankers"

lol is Theresa May's shithole government collapsing?

when does corbyn take over

can it please happen the day trump visits

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

hakimashou posted:

In your heart of hearts, would you rather win the world cup or have May's government collapse?

win the world cup without a doubt. who cares about mays lovely government going under when an equally poo poo one will just come in to replace it when it does

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

Maybe this post will get me on your ignore list!

who's gonna be the pm when football comes home?

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

its coming home and there's nothing these johnny foreigner types can do to stop it

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Americans mocking Brits about it not coming home when Panama stopped them qualifying lol

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
time to try this puppy out

Jose posted:

Americans mocking Brits about it not coming home when Panama stopped them qualifying lol

its not embarrassing to fail at something you dont give a poo poo about

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Jose posted:

And when y'all let the Rees-Mogg regime make the Khmer Rouge look like a humanist government, I hope that second Cup is of some comfort.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

not caring about football to own the libs

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

This is a silly post with little news value.

fridge corn posted:

actually all the teams left in the world cup have committed war crimes so supporting any of them is problematic

Where do they find the time between all the training and recording ads for the sponsors?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Jose posted:

https://twitter.com/chetfaliszek/status/1016395822873837568

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

reminder that americans call their national baseball championship "the world series"

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
You claim to be the home of football but when was the last time one of your teams won the super bowl?

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

fridge corn posted:

reminder that americans call their national baseball championship "the world series"

In 1992 and 1993 a foreign team won it

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Jose posted:

brits making jokes about it not coming home but then actually getting mad about it lol

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

Feel like this might have flown under the radar for brits/yanks but they are chanting "Tiocfaidh ár lá" (chucky air law). Which is an IRA slogan meaning "our day will come".

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
Jesus

Don't forget that Trump is visiting in 2 days, lol

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Yoshi Wins posted:

what's all this? what the gently caress are you all talking about?

it's coming home

To Croatia,yes.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

fridge corn posted:

Only one of them is still a monarchy, so it's every free man's duty to root against them.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Relevant Tangent posted:

Only one of them is still a monarchy, so it's every free man's duty to root against them.

yeah gently caress belgium

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Relevant Tangent posted:

To Croatia,yes.

If this was the Dalmatian world cup perhaps.

quote:

Only one of them is still a monarchy, so it's every free man's duty to root against them

AmericanLeftist.txt

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

fridge corn posted:

Chad USA: call the baseball championships "the World Series" because they don't give a gently caress what other countries think

Virgin England: got owned so hard at cricket by Australia they still call it "the Ashes"

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

i say swears online posted:

yeah gently caress belgium
There is no king of belgium only a king of the belgians!!!!

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

An English victory will embolden violent racists so I hope it doesn't happen tbh.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
lol gently caress off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Southpaugh posted:

Feel like this might have flown under the radar for brits/yanks but they are chanting "Tiocfaidh ár lá" (chucky air law). Which is an IRA slogan meaning "our day will come".

I was wondering what was going on. :tipshat: