Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fractalairduct
Sep 26, 2015

I, Giorno Giovanna, have a dream!

remember when zack said they were sure chapter four would be the longest

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

PetraCore posted:

Jesus, this chapter started over 3 years ago!

I mean, I'm not complaining, there's been a lot of plot stuff crammed in that 3 and a half years, it'll just be funny if Chapter 6 is like, 50 pages, after this.

The next fifty chapters will actually just be one page long each.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

fractalairduct posted:

remember when zack said they were sure chapter four would be the longest

And now everytime they make a new update they're like 'oh no'

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

Zack is actually the new Andrew Hussie, sorry guys

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Kazy posted:

The inverse Togashi

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Kazy posted:

not until they gently caress up the story's pacing by being antagonistic toward the shittiest chunk of their fanbase

they have simply abandoned the mortal concept of pacing entirely

EDIT: pronouns

Patware fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Jul 9, 2018

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Patware posted:

not until he fucks up the story's pacing by being antagonistic toward the shittiest chunk of his fanbase

he has simply abandoned the mortal concept of pacing entirely

Also we need a 10,000 word text dump for the lore of a single made-up species.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Chapter 5 will be inspired by Endless 8 and it’ll be the same dozen pages over and over again with slight differences until 5 years from now they all click and the story is revealed.

Filthy Haiku
Oct 22, 2010

i am shattering like glass

but at least
i have

springy ride
Edit: all good!

Filthy Haiku fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Jul 10, 2018

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

fixed

it's just that easy folks

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
People really gotta stop talking when they're fighting.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Rand Brittain posted:

People really gotta stop talking when they're fighting.

i will never

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

New Page!

Oh.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Next page will cut to Zarei and/or Spender then like a month from today they’ll run into a dead or dying Hijack and we’ll never see Cody killing him.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Plot twist - Cody is a spectral but he's spectrally blind. He can't see Hijack but he can hear him. Makes sense cause hijack hasn't spoke since Cody entered this scene.

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

(he's got a good thing going)
that alt text though

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
garcia's going to confiscate the sword

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Kikas posted:

Plot twist - Cody is a spectral but he's spectrally blind. He can't see Hijack but he can hear him. Makes sense cause hijack hasn't spoke since Cody entered this scene.
Yeah, that's my interpretation, too.

I guess we've got confirmation he's a dhampir, though!

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

He's gonna let Hijack go under the technicality called "well if I can't see him then that means he's gone!".

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

Mindblast posted:

He's gonna let Hijack go under the technicality called "well if I can't see him then that means he's gone!".
If he could see Hijack it'd be a lot easier to just lop off a weird brain arm and call it a day. Since he apparently can only hear Hijack, making an honest effort to cut him into two is a bit more... probably fatal.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
We've been waiting years for this brain to get got, he's totally getting got.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Half of cody will be possessed by hijack, giving him the power to make people seriously consider doing what he says.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

Crack theory: Lisa has the exact same hair, eye, and skin color as Cody. That in and of itself isn't too weird, but she's also strong enough to restrain Hijack-juiced Jeff when neither Isabel or the Vice Principal was, and she's got her own weird little lair Cody doesn't mess with. She's absolutely his sister, I think.

limeicebreakers
May 1, 2017

PetraCore posted:

Crack theory: Lisa has the exact same hair, eye, and skin color as Cody. That in and of itself isn't too weird, but she's also strong enough to restrain Hijack-juiced Jeff when neither Isabel or the Vice Principal was, and she's got her own weird little lair Cody doesn't mess with. She's absolutely his sister, I think.

Her eyes glowed when she was restraining Jeffjack, too :thunk:

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Oooh, they're probably both kids of Davy and whoever the witch is. Ties in the Lisa witch foreshadowing too.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

Oooh, they're probably both kids of Davy and whoever the witch is. Ties in the Lisa witch foreshadowing too.
The Witch is almost definitely the vice principal given half the stuff that comes out of her mouth and Mina's reaction to seeing her, so, uh, I sure hope she's not Lisa and Davy's mom.

EDIT: It'd be funny if nobody's mentioned Lisa and Cody are twins because everyone else already knows and nobody cares enough to bring it up to Max. Like this has all just been one really long day, anyway.

Also, I mean, Lisa has a pretty vampiric business model already.

PetraCore fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Jul 10, 2018

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

i want to say there's no way the obvious witch is The Witch but this is zack and they're very good at hiding playing things straight in the middle of comedy

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

One more thing about Cody: check out the middle of the page here.

Look familiar? (Video is timestamped)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9DpZm66NWE&t=376s

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

Anyway I know there's a pretty decent chance my theory is wrong but I'd love if it's right.

limeicebreakers
May 1, 2017

Tbh, there's enough backing it that I'd wager on it being true.

Also it would be really funny if the leaders of the two major opposing factions of the school were siblings

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

One more thing while going through the archives again:

http://www.paranatural.net/comic/chapter-5-page-245

Check out Panel 7. Now that we know Cody is at the least partially clued in on to what's going on in the school, his conspicuous absence from that panel is a clue from Zack that he's out investigating. But if Lisa is Cody's sister, and especially with her nature as secret-keeper, the focus she receives here picks up an extra layer.

Also, likely discussed months ago when this page first went up, but Davy's in the equipment room. Interesting that his first place to check out when he senses that there may be trouble at the school is apparently the equipment room where Max got his baseball bat Tool. I'll bet you that other Tools are in there as well.

Patware posted:

i want to say there's no way the obvious witch is The Witch but this is zack and they're very good at hiding playing things straight in the middle of comedy

The principal also makes stewing and broth references and invites Jeff into her office with an offer of cookies. I don't think we've seen Jeff since then? And when the gang ran into the principal she was in a hurry, claiming to be off to a very important meeting.

It would be very Zack to play this page as a misdirection only for it to be later revealed to be read completely straight.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

It's also explain why Lisa lets Cody into her bar when she has to know he's a member of the student council, if she doesn't already know he's the President. If they're siblings, then they have to at least deal with each other beyond the school power plays, and might actually be sort of working together for a wider goal.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

PetraCore posted:

It's also explain why Lisa lets Cody into her bar when she has to know he's a member of the student council, if she doesn't already know he's the President. If they're siblings, then they have to at least deal with each other beyond the school power plays, and might actually be sort of working together for a wider goal.

Along these lines:

"Wow, you ARE a impostor." and then a couple panels later the blue glowing eyes and a threat.

Showing up besides Cody in panel 3, before he looks at Jeff disgusted and turns away to leave.

"I'd have you give your president a message, but your failure suffices for that." as Cody is sitting right there.

Cody just so happens to query into Max's background, and Lisa is right there to back him up: "We'd all like to know."

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Lisa's dark secret is that her last name is Frank

when she finally unveils her rainbow spectral powers it will be terrifying

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

SKULL.GIF posted:

Along these lines:

"Wow, you ARE a impostor." and then a couple panels later the blue glowing eyes and a threat.

Showing up besides Cody in panel 3, before he looks at Jeff disgusted and turns away to leave.

"I'd have you give your president a message, but your failure suffices for that." as Cody is sitting right there.

Cody just so happens to query into Max's background, and Lisa is right there to back him up: "We'd all like to know."
Also letting your brother into your secret speakeasy despite knowing he's the Student Council president but making him pay the same price for drinks anyway is extremely siblings. As is not using the fact that you can get into your sister's secret speakeasy against her but also not telling your extremely rules-obsessed subordinates to stop trying to get it (even when you know they'll fail).

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

Lisa looks and points at Cody and Cody looks and gestures at Lisa in the big Burnhounds vs Shockodiles double page.

I double checked and everything to make sure my read on their eyeline wasn't off. It wasn't.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Jesus Christ this is some excellent sleuthing.

Raposa
Aug 4, 2007

That post went quite well, I think.
Goddamn you guys catch so much more than I do.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

Raposa posted:

Goddamn you guys catch so much more than I do.
It helps I'm doing a reread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

God drat Zach must have a giant manifesto with every connection planned out to be drawing this poo poo years in advance.