Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Sam Faust posted:

If you got a game like Smash Bros and somebodies on different level, you should just do what me and my friends would and play 1v3. It'll be great no matter who wins.

This is what my roommates and I did with Goldeneye in college

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://mobile.twitter.com/ThatKevinSmith/status/2554608773

Happy Birthday to an absolute lege

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

well, gross

MageMage
Feb 11, 2007

I SUCK AND LOVE TO YELL PERFORMATIVE HOT TAKES AND NONSENSE LIES WHEN I GET WORKED UP. SOMETIMES AUTOBANNED IS BETTER. MAYBE ONE DAY WHEN I STORM OFF I'LL ACTUALLY STOP SHITTING UP THE SITE FOR REAL

The cross of St. Peter? Yeah, so?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Maybe they just like Black Sabath?

Also Kingdom of Amalur was kind of crap.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

I think he’s currently thin, so it’s OK.

nashona
May 8, 2014

Though she be but little, she is fierce

Sam Faust posted:

If you got a game like Smash Bros and somebodies on different level, you should just do what me and my friends would and play 1v3. It'll be great no matter who wins.

I've seen people set up all 4 on autoplay and just watch.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

In cases of imbalanced player skill set up a situation where you get to gang up on a common enemy, which is of course a CPU controlled Ganondorf with his level and handicap set to 9.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

codo27 posted:

This guy isn't the only one. I dunno how many controllers I've made my buddy smash playing Mortal Kombat. Loses his poo poo when he loses at anything. Poker? 2 or 3 ipods smashed because of that. Hats torn in half. Self inflicted bruises. He just should stop engaging in any sort of competitive activity. Its gotten the way that when we are playing darts, people are trying to talk him down like a loving child. I only wish I had some of it on video cause that poo poo would be so viral. I was beating him at MK once, and he twisted the controller apart, got up, grabbed this child sized plastic patio chair and balled it up somehow, spit at the door. He cant help himself. He doesn't even know he is doing it once he gets mad.
Why do you still play games with him? Like, the first time you might assume he was just having a bad day, but by the third time there's a pretty clear pattern there.

Skwirl posted:

I can't play board games that last more than an hour or two because you can figure out who's likely to win within the first hour I hate being there if I'm not on that list.
Even if you can't tell who's going to win, games that take that long are just tedious. Like Trivial Pursuit or Talisman.

Turtlicious posted:

When playing board games, it's assumed you're trying your hardest to win as quickly as possible, if you don't play that way the game breaks down and effects enjoyment of the games.
It's fine to not play your best if you're playing against someone who's not as good as you. If there's too much difference in skill then the game isn't fun, but the better player handicapping themself (either with an explicit rule or just by not taking every opportunity to gain an advantage) can allow any two players to have fun together.

The obvious example being playing games with children. You don't necessarily have to let them win every time, but you don't play your best because then neither of you will have a good time.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Tiggum posted:

The obvious example being playing games with children. You don't necessarily have to let them win every time, but you don't play your best because then neither of you will have a good time.

No, you need to crush your child at every opportunity.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Skwirl posted:

I mean, that's how my brother in law treated me, and I'm a perfectly normal, happy person.

Don't fact check that.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Skwirl posted:

My dad did that with us at checkers and then eventually we started to win and he'd get grumpy.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

MageMage posted:

The cross of St. Peter? Yeah, so?

It was completely lost on the man

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

I always hated the dudes who got super competitive when sparring. I once knocked a guy down, he agreed we were done, and when I took off my gloves he punched me in the face when I was turning away from him. It made my nose slightly off-center. It was great though because those guys generally weren't allowed to participate anymore.

Lord Psychodin
Jun 16, 2007
Lord of the fools

:dukedog:
College Slice

Bobby Digital posted:

This is what my roommates and I did with Goldeneye in college

This is me with my friends a decade ago. I still beatem. Goldeneye was a hell of a broken game.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Just adjust the Oddjob:Jaws ratio accordingly to balance your Goldeneye matches.

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level
A guy I know posted today "I've thought long and hard and I've decided that I will no longer vote."

I was going to say something but then I remembered his previous top hits like "Taxation is theft"

Wilkins Micawber
Jan 27, 2005

as we leave this existence
looking for another
Fallen Rib
This is more of a comment rather than true social media but I saw it and since I couldn't find an "old people on the Internet" thread I'll post it here.

I was catching up on broad city and googled to see what the creators had to say about bleeping out every instance of the president's name in season 4 and found a random rear end Variety article. Anyway, "Michael" chimed in:

Michael posted:

Broads ahoy! Nice work.

I am a serial watcher even tho I don’t understand half of what the hell you guys are talking about on the show. But but you’re so effin’ sexy,I don’t care. Hmm, does that make me a harasser? If so, I hope in a good way. And, anyways, at my age, “harasser” is a compliment. Oops, sorry! And drat it all to hel!l. Age is not an excuse anymore now that GHWB has tarnished it forever. From his effin’ wheelchair, no less..

Maybe can’t we have degrees for harassers. Where admiration for smart, not to say brilliant, women can also be referred to as sexy. I mean, Ilana, that outfit you wore a few episodes ago has left me (for better or worse) with a permanent h***d-on. Intellectually speaking. (At my age the distinction is redundant).

I think that an app to delete part of that PITWH’s (Pig in the White House) name is a step in the right direction. Now, if you can just manage to delete T**mp in ITS entirety, you will have done an even greater service to humanity. Or start calling him Drumpf, a name which is, to American ears anyway, ever so more descriptive of the PITWH

MoreLikeTen
Oct 21, 2012

The farmer's mistake was believing he had any control over his life.

oh boy this is frustrating

RedSnapper
Nov 22, 2016
My fondest Battlestar Galactica memory is outing another player as a Cylon and talking the rest of the group into venting him out of the airlock. Which we did (to his protests of "I'm not a Cylon, you assholes! He is!") after which the guy turned out to have been human all along, I revealed myself as a Cylon, blew up the drive, sent a super crisis their way, and got called 'an absolute fucker' by everybody at the table after they lost. Laughs were had all around, because we're not terrible babies.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

MoreLikeTen posted:

oh boy this is frustrating

you WOULD think so, you imperial bastard

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

cash crab posted:

you WOULD think so, you imperial bastard

death to the stormcloaks!!!

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
Kill the emperor, but complete the civil war in the empire's favor. Then tullius takes over and we can kill all elves.

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

death to the stormcloaks!!!

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

My ancestors are smiling at me imperial. Can you say the same?

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Untrustable posted:

My ancestors are smiling at me imperial. Can you say the same?

Send Ulfric my regards!

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Stop 🚫🚫🚫 posting bullshit 💩 You 👉can pet dogs 🐕at Chernobyl ⚰and there are plenty💾. Plus a fox🦊 called Simone🛂 will come to eat food🍆 from your hand.👋🏻 She🍄 crossed🛵 the river🏞 last week as 🕔soon as she saw humans.🦆

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Someone I follow liked or retweeted this girl saying she did the best thing for her well being and finally quit her job. Person's pinned tweet is a GoFundMe offering tarot readings in exchange for donations.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

RedSnapper posted:

My fondest Battlestar Galactica memory is outing another player as a Cylon and talking the rest of the group into venting him out of the airlock. Which we did (to his protests of "I'm not a Cylon, you assholes! He is!") after which the guy turned out to have been human all along, I revealed myself as a Cylon, blew up the drive, sent a super crisis their way, and got called 'an absolute fucker' by everybody at the table after they lost. Laughs were had all around, because we're not terrible babies.

I keep meaning to pick up the game by Plaid Hat that's supposed to be BSG only it has a The Thing skin and apparently plays in under an hour.

We love playing BSG but between setup and gameplay it just takes forever

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
https://twitter.com/hotcistakes/status/1016474010048221185

Graham Linehan getting dunked in the same way Plato did three thousand years ago is hilarious.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

TinTower posted:

Graham Linehan getting dunked in the same way Plato did three thousand years ago is hilarious.

This is fuckin beautiful

This however is not:

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

Dormammu is circumsized?

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

lemonadesweetheart posted:

Dormammu is circumsized?

Probably/definitely.

I wonder what that dude's thoughts on Silent Hill are.

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan
Dormammu
Aliases
The Dread One, Eater of Souls, Lord of Chaos, Lord of Darkness, the Great Enigma, Flyx, 9" cut

MoreLikeTen
Oct 21, 2012

The farmer's mistake was believing he had any control over his life.

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

This is fuckin beautiful

This however is not:

the ultimate trap sprung

AndreTheGiantBoned
Oct 28, 2010

TinTower posted:

https://twitter.com/hotcistakes/status/1016474010048221185

He was owned, but saying that no definition of woman is possible is an extremely post-modern thing to say. As with everything biological, there is a minority of people which are difficult to fit into the categories of men/women and have categories of their own, but let's not be disingenuous and pretend that there aren't definitions of man/woman that cover 99% of the cases.

Edit: literally 99%, only 0.3% of the American population identifies as non-binary according to recent surveys.

AndreTheGiantBoned has a new favorite as of 14:14 on Jul 10, 2018

Serf
May 5, 2011

AndreTheGiantBoned posted:

He was owned, but saying that no definition of woman is possible is an extremely post-modern thing to say. As with everything biological, there is a minority of people which are difficult to fit into the categories of men/women and have categories of their own, but let's not be disingenuous and pretend that there aren't definitions of man/woman that cover 99% of the cases.

the last time i checked 99% is not 100%

AndreTheGiantBoned
Oct 28, 2010
Edit: nvm

AndreTheGiantBoned has a new favorite as of 14:41 on Jul 10, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

SENSUAL DAD KISS posted:

Dormammu
Aliases
The Dread One, Eater of Souls, Lord of Chaos, Lord of Darkness, the Great Enigma, Flyx, 9" cut

Who would have done it?