Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012

chitoryu12 posted:

I'm looking for a good, working mod that disables the "You can't place this here" altogether so I can directly attach wall pieces to buildings.

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/9424

Does what it says, and more. The special selection option, which is off by default, allows you to select, move and, surprise, scrap everything, even stuff that's not in the Scrap Everything recipe list. That includes all NPCs, the workshop workbench and yourself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Berke Negri posted:

sanctuary is absolute hell on my fps though i wonder just what kind of rig these city plans were designed on to think this was fine

An extremely beefy one. You can turn down some of the detail options and it will work okay.

Also with the latest simset you can freely go in and change out plot types in-place, though you'll lose the free city power from city plans.

You can even set advanced industrials to upgrade and stay at anything on your tech tree without your intervention, for if you want to set up multiple breweries and have tons of different beer potions going at once, or, y'know, ultrapure water or mininukes or HATE NEWSPAPERS or whatever.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Wow,... 200 posts. I guest this thread was running a simulation of RPGCodex inside a mutant brain uploaded to a 50's mainframe.

I am gonna read all the 200 post and give a opinion when I finish. Thanks for posting!

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Sensenmann posted:

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/9424

Does what it says, and more. The special selection option, which is off by default, allows you to select, move and, surprise, scrap everything, even stuff that's not in the Scrap Everything recipe list. That includes all NPCs, the workshop workbench and yourself.

Thanks! I had that installed and was wondering why it wasn't working. Turns out I forgot to set NMM to launch F4SE instead of the vanilla game.

Now to figure out how Horizon's resource management works and how I can get purified water from my water purifiers.

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

"The warmth of life has entered my tomb!"
Kind of old news but Tested did an interview with the guy that designed the collector's edition T-51B helmet. Their company is also releasing a bunch of other props you can purchase. Not sure if I'm interested in buying a replica plasma pistol but still cool that they exist.

https://youtu.be/ZYmCqB8ej8Y
The items from Chronicle Collectibles

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

This guy made a firing airsoft pipe rifle:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5pL4Q7r9y4

Riatsala
Nov 20, 2013

All Princesses are Tyrants

chitoryu12 posted:

Thanks! I had that installed and was wondering why it wasn't working. Turns out I forgot to set NMM to launch F4SE instead of the vanilla game.

Now to figure out how Horizon's resource management works and how I can get purified water from my water purifiers.

Haha, good luck

But seriously, you build a resource manager and feed it maintenance kits. All the water accumulates in your resource manager storage. Prepare to be underwhelmed by the output. For some reason the mod author placed a hard cap on purified water production, to the tune of 3 + your number of successful settlements per day. So gently caress you if you wanted to mass produce it for any reason other than sustaining yourself. Mass producing literally anything else is a-ok, though.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Zerilan posted:

I've done multiple full playthroughs of NV.

How?

That game would loving hard crash any time I got anywhere close to the endings. Was a blast up until that point though.

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

Riatsala posted:

Haha, good luck

But seriously, you build a resource manager and feed it maintenance kits. All the water accumulates in your resource manager storage. Prepare to be underwhelmed by the output. For some reason the mod author placed a hard cap on purified water production, to the tune of 3 + your number of successful settlements per day. So gently caress you if you wanted to mass produce it for any reason other than sustaining yourself. Mass producing literally anything else is a-ok, though.

The vanilla game has caps on purified water production too. Anyone know why? Is there some game breaking thing you can do if you can mass produced purified water?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Riatsala posted:

Haha, good luck

Good thing another mod I got allows you to make purified water just by boiling dirty water. I think that'll act as a good simulation of me getting bottles from my extensive water purification system.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

SwitchbladeKult posted:

The vanilla game has caps on purified water production too. Anyone know why? Is there some game breaking thing you can do if you can mass produced purified water?

You can sell it and break the game's economy a little quicker than normal.

Riatsala
Nov 20, 2013

All Princesses are Tyrants

SwitchbladeKult posted:

They're trying to stop you from breaking the economy, which is good because it means there's only about 30 other ways of breaking the economy left.

chitoryu12 posted:

Good thing another mod I got allows you to make purified water just by boiling dirty water. I think that'll act as a good simulation of me getting bottles from my extensive water purification system.

I think I'd like this mod. link pls?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Riatsala posted:

They're trying to stop you from breaking the economy, which is good because it means there's only about 30 other ways of breaking the economy left.

I think I'd like this mod. link pls?

I think it’s from Better Cooking Stations? I added a few mods all at once.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

SwitchbladeKult posted:

Uncapped Settlement Surplus will allow you to turn these caps off, however be warned - you'll come back to Sanctuary with 1500 purified waters waiting for you at like, level 5

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/12430/

From the mod description

quote:

In the vanilla game:
  • Crops stop producing food if total amount of food in the workbench (where food is any item with the ObjectTypeFood keyword, see image) exceeds 10 + settler count.
  • Water pumps and purifiers stop producing surplus purified water if total amount of water (purified water, dirty water and the drugged water from HalluciGen) exceeds 5 + 0.25 * settler count, rounded down.
  • Unassigned settlers, and settlers assigned to a scrapping station stop producing scrap if total scrap exceeds 100 + 5 * settler count. A single unit of scrap is defined as any component, or any item that can be deconstructed into components (all junk). Yes, that means even if you only tear down half a dozen trees and leave the wood in a workbench, your settlers will decide their work is done and never scavenge again.
  • Fertilizer production only works with the first 3 brahmin at a settlement, any more have no effect.
  • Vendors only produce up to 50 caps per day in each settlement.

Annoyingly, this behavior is intentional.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Keeshhound posted:

You can sell it and break the game's economy a little quicker than normal.

"economy" implies there's something useful to purchase

Methylethylaldehyde
Oct 23, 2004

BAKA BAKA

Azhais posted:

"economy" implies there's something useful to purchase

Enough bullets that you can just put them in a box and use the box to crush thing to death.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

SwitchbladeKult posted:

Kind of old news but Tested did an interview with the guy that designed the collector's edition T-51B helmet. Their company is also releasing a bunch of other props you can purchase. Not sure if I'm interested in buying a replica plasma pistol but still cool that they exist.

https://youtu.be/ZYmCqB8ej8Y
The items from Chronicle Collectibles

Yeah I can't afford any of this, but drat it sure does look cool.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

I'm thinking about reinstalling FO4 and starting a new game after having slowly petered out a couple of years ago right around the main quest stage where you commit to a faction. Are there any recommended QOL mods that improve without drastically altering the game?

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Otacon posted:

Uncapped Settlement Surplus will allow you to turn these caps off, however be warned - you'll come back to Sanctuary with 1500 purified waters waiting for you at like, level 5

From the mod description

No wonder all my settlers acted like garbage idiots and were always unhappy. I kept everything that went into recipes in the workstation to make it accessible from all settlements. They get unhappy when they don't have jobs too, don't they?

If I ever do another playthrough, I will probably skip the settlements and just work out of the gas station.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Pyrolocutus posted:

I'm thinking about reinstalling FO4 and starting a new game after having slowly petered out a couple of years ago right around the main quest stage where you commit to a faction. Are there any recommended QOL mods that improve without drastically altering the game?

Boob and butt physics

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Pyrolocutus posted:

DEF_UI and Valdacil's Item Sorting make the inventory much friendlier, skjalert will give you a popup when settlements get raided, Power Armor Airdrop lets you call it in without fast travel, Power Armor Storage lets it show up with a minigun and a missile launcher strapped on, Salvage Beacons let you drop your loot in a random container for settler pickup, Arbitration's combat mod has made that facet a little more interesting, Better Artillery Signal Flares will give them a contact fuse instead of a timer so you can throw them as far as you can.

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

Pyrolocutus posted:

Gives these a try:

Start me up - alternative start mod
No Bethesda and S.P.E.C.I.A.L Intro - removes intro movies
Easy Hacking - removes mini game
Easy lockpicking - removes mini game
Lowered Weapons - lowers weapon when not firing
Full Dialogue Interface - shows compete dialogue options
Faster Terminal Displays - does what it says
Get out of my face - let's you push companions out of the way
Value per weight indicator - does what it says
DEF_UI - makes the Pipboy interface easier to navigate
Valdacil's Item Sorting - helps with inventory management
Improved Map with Visible Roads - makes the map easier to read

Edit: added short descriptions
Edit 2: added one more

SwitchbladeKult fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Jul 9, 2018

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

chitoryu12 posted:

This instead of just doing it via a cooking station in horizon itself?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Chronojam posted:

This instead of just doing it via a cooking station in horizon itself?

Horizon you boil water to boiled water, which is still irradiated just presumably not capable of giving you a disease. Then you need a filter to turn that boiled water into actual purified water that has no rads.

Dirty direct to Purified would be a mod to Horizon

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Azhais posted:

Horizon you boil water to boiled water, which is still irradiated just presumably not capable of giving you a disease. Then you need a filter to turn that boiled water into actual purified water that has no rads.

Dirty direct to Purified would be a mod to Horizon

Yeah, this. You can boil dirty water in Horizon to get sanitized water, which is irradiated but gives no diseases. Straight dirty water can make you sick in addition to irradiating you. One of the things that makes Horizon so difficult is the amount of resources it takes to get a respectable amount of purified water.

Modding it so you can just craft purified water from dirty water better simulates how much water my purifier setup should actually be producing.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Ah, right, sanitized water. I think it's Frost that goes to "boiled" then needs a filter.

Cyberpunkey Monkey
Jun 23, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo
Neat, but in vanilla, I always figured that we were distilling the water at the cooking station since it takes 3 dirty water to make 1 purified water...

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Cyberpunkey Monkey posted:

Neat, but in vanilla, I always figured that we were distilling the water at the cooking station since it takes 3 dirty water to make 1 purified water...

It's all sort of an abstraction (otherwise, where the hell is the still at that spit roasting station?). I just got really annoyed by how hard it was to get purified water with Horizon's confusing settlement interface and strict caps on production. If I've got several big water pumps providing enough water to run the farms for two dozen people, I've got enough water to not be dehydrated every day.

Cyberpunkey Monkey
Jun 23, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo
Totally. I think the modmaker got caught in the trap of making things "more realistic" (and "harder") without having any experience in water purification in a survival situation. There is clearly hella fuel and energy, so much so that generators don't need explicitly refueled... and like a 200 year old fusion core hooked up to a hotplate would probably run for another 200 years. I always figured that the reason PA thrashes the cores is because the suits are badly maintained and even just jogging is drawing a lot more juice than their design specs (esp. after 200 years), burning out the cooling and contacts and whatever rather than draining them like a battery. Fwiw, walking slowly doesn't drain the cores at all from what I can tell. Notice how the BoS walks to conserve their core usage as well...

I don't need the art assets to match perfectly 1 to 1 with gameplay... It's still just a video game and this is all treknobabble.

Cyberpunkey Monkey fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Jul 9, 2018

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Glazius posted:

An extremely beefy one. You can turn down some of the detail options and it will work okay.

Also with the latest simset you can freely go in and change out plot types in-place, though you'll lose the free city power from city plans.

You can even set advanced industrials to upgrade and stay at anything on your tech tree without your intervention, for if you want to set up multiple breweries and have tons of different beer potions going at once, or, y'know, ultrapure water or mininukes or HATE NEWSPAPERS or whatever.

yeah ill try fiddling with settings. I think its also the double whammy of just being in range to load in red rocket because that's the only area of the game where my fps suddenly drops below 60

one nice thing is sanctuary seems to be the only settlement that's actually upgrading on its own (L2 with about 80% scrap collected on its own) but with the default city plan it looks like even with 24 settlers I have...one? shop for the entire settlement and i lost the armor workbench upgrading from L1 to L2

it looks really nice as its nearing fully upgraded but there just doesnt seem to be a ton to do with it

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

Pyrolocutus posted:

Here are some more quality of life improvement mods in addition to my earlier post:

Visual improvements:
Roads Redone - roads look way better
NMC's Texture Bundle - a few nice textures
Less Crap Debris Textures - more texture enhancements
DYNAVISION - gives you control over the dynamic focus effect
Crafting Highlight Fix - removes the cross hatching effect on items you are crafting
Vivid Weathers - makes weather look better
Vivid Fallout - Landscapes - improves land textures
True Storms: Wasteland Edition - better storms
Fallout 4 Seasons - adds seasons
Diamond City Enhanced - visual enhancements for Diamond City

Settlement mods:
Place Everywhere - makes building way easier
Homemaker - Expanded Settlements
Scrap Everything - scrap literally everything from grass to houses
OCDecorator - cool mod that turns items static so you can place them
NSA No Settlement Attacks - I don't want random settlement attacks

Inventory:
Armor and Weapons Keyword Community Resource (AWKCR) - put keywords on items
Vendor caps - give vendors up to 50k caps

Bonus:
Everyone's Best Friend - have dog meat and another companion at the same time (best mod, gamer literally unplayable with this)

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Berke Negri posted:

yeah ill try fiddling with settings. I think its also the double whammy of just being in range to load in red rocket because that's the only area of the game where my fps suddenly drops below 60

one nice thing is sanctuary seems to be the only settlement that's actually upgrading on its own (L2 with about 80% scrap collected on its own) but with the default city plan it looks like even with 24 settlers I have...one? shop for the entire settlement and i lost the armor workbench upgrading from L1 to L2

it looks really nice as its nearing fully upgraded but there just doesnt seem to be a ton to do with it

Huh, that's odd. There should be two 1x2 internal shops across the street from your old house, in the front yard of the yellow house just right of the door, and then three 2x2 shop plots built on top of your old house in varying degrees of recessed and a 1x2 internal shop in the same general area.

There's also a street armor stall, a bar in the yellow house (since it says "bar" outside and all) and a general store in your old front yard - these aren't work plots, but just structures that work like the vendor stalls you'd build ordinarily.

I'll see what I can do to get some shots. I kind of overbuilt work plots so none of my stalls are staffed but everything else should still be there.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Sheen Sheen posted:

Would somebody please tell me the EXACT number of hours I need to play each and every video game before I'm allowed to form an opinion about it?

Just play until people can comment on how you shouldn't of played 200 hours if you didn't like it.

Otacon posted:

From the mod description

This mod is so needed if you wanna build settlements.

SwitchbladeKult posted:

It was capped because they understood how you would become rich beyond what the game could handle. Every settler also collects one piece of scrap per day, unless you have any scrap in your workbench. Why would anyone keep some scrap in the workbench.

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Jul 10, 2018

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Glazius posted:

I'll see what I can do to get some shots.

Right!

Internal shop 1: just outside the yellow house, will feature a blue-colored fuse box. This is a med center.

Internal shop 2: Next to that one. This is a clothing shop.

External shop 1: Misremembered this one. It's actually around the corner from those two internal shops. Walk between the rec plot and the guard post. This is a general store.

External shop 2: On top your old house. This is a food stand.

External shop 3: Right next to it, on top I think your garage? This is an armor store.

Internal shop 3: Right under ext. shop 3. This is a weapon store.

Stand 1: a general store, under ext. shop 2.

Stand 2: an armor stand, right next to int. shop 3.

Stand 3: the bar, inside the yellow house.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

I remember people saying "I wish we could play Skyrim with my friends".

But this was one million of years ago. And we where young. And naive.

It was before Just Cause multiplayer. Before Rust. Before DayZ. The world has changed.

Our old self would be incredible hyped by something like Fallout 76.

TEENAGE WITCH
Jul 20, 2008

NAH LAD
a;ll fallout 76 paid cosmetics will b fallout 3 references and not a single New Vegas skin is available proving Todd and Betedas sore feelings

edit: and cowardice

TEENAGE WITCH fucked around with this message at 12:56 on Jul 10, 2018

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Location wise, fallout 3 is nearby. New Vegas happened pretty far away.

Methylethylaldehyde
Oct 23, 2004

BAKA BAKA

LingcodKilla posted:

Location wise, fallout 3 is nearby. New Vegas happened pretty far away.

Yeah, but I bet a ton of nerds would pay 9.95 for a Sunset Sasparilla Cowboy Hat and lever action BB rifle. Or a NCR/legion armor skin.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

Tei posted:

I remember people saying "I wish we could play Skyrim with my friends".

But this was one million of years ago. And we where young. And naive.

It was before Just Cause multiplayer. Before Rust. Before DayZ. The world has changed.

Our old self would be incredible hyped by something like Fallout 76.

What mental illness is this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

One thing about sim settlements is that the city plans can actually use special shop markers which aren't plots, they're basically just a spot for the NPC to stand. They can be tricky to assign people to.