Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

That's a fun fact and I like fun facts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
That's really cool, I wonder what the mechanics behind it are. Maybe the weight of the structure compacted the earth so that it doesn't retain water as well? That's probably stupidly and hilariously wrong but I know nothing about these things

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
It's aliens

hope this helps

pram
Jun 10, 2001

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

That's really cool, I wonder what the mechanics behind it are. Maybe the weight of the structure compacted the earth so that it doesn't retain water as well? That's probably stupidly and hilariously wrong but I know nothing about these things

the materials are most likely still there, just buried. the area around stonehenge for example has a ton of underground structures

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

pram posted:

the materials are most likely still there, just buried. the area around stonehenge for example has a ton of underground structures

Yea its this. The buried walls of the circular fort make it so the soil level is effectively lower than its surroundings.

E: iirc they used to bury the places they left, we've found lots of dwellings that were turned into a kind of grave site for the structures

Former DILF fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Jul 9, 2018

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
That's pretty fuckin cool, I never knew that. Thanks!

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

panorama gone wrong

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

That's pretty fuckin cool, I never knew that. Thanks!

That big patch above the ring is probably the settlement's barn for livestock and the smaller jellybean looking spots were homes, you'll notice they outline what appears to be a courtyard

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

Mr. Apollo posted:

panorama gone wrong

Or right.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Felix Colgrave is always blessed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b26iN-j8RaQ

me your dad
Jul 25, 2006

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
I recently discovered the Grandpa Kitchen channel and it's supremely blessed. Basically it's a dude cooking big-rear end meals for a bunch of orphans. He asks them what foods they've never tried before, and then makes them in huge batches, and they all look fuckin amazing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Y2a9HCo0Q4

The first :30-1:00 or so of every video is zoomed shots of sad-looking big-eyed orphans FYI

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Bring back Time Team

lol but
Feb 24, 2007

body is a dinosaur
Slippery Tilde

spaceblancmange posted:

Bring back Time Team

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
still dying at that futbol pic. i sent it to everybody i knew, and the reactions i got were well worth it.

lmfao

mds2
Apr 8, 2004

Australia: 131114
Canada: 18662773553
Germany: 08001810771
India: 8888817666
Japan: 810352869090
Russia: 0078202577577
UK: 08457909090
US: 1-800-273-8255

I recently discovered the Grandpa Kitchen channel and it's supremely blessed. Basically it's a dude cooking big-rear end meals for a bunch of orphans. He asks them what foods they've never tried before, and then makes them in huge batches, and they all look fuckin amazing:

The first :30-1:00 or so of every video is zoomed shots of sad-looking big-eyed orphans FYI

I’ve been watching this dude for a while. Extremely blessed.

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."
grandpa kitchen is an absurdly strong blessing

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Look out here comes Garfield, rear end in a top hat.

Section 9
Mar 24, 2003

Hair Elf

mds2 posted:

I’ve been watching this dude for a while. Extremely blessed.

This channel is great and it is making me super hungry.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Section 9 posted:

If you kill your parents you, too, may summon the Kitchen Grandpa

Section 9
Mar 24, 2003

Hair Elf

Screaming Idiot posted:

Are we going to cook and eat them after? I mean, I am super hungry right now.

Jeremy_X
Jul 27, 2006

Section 9 posted:

Are we going to cook and eat them after? I mean, I am super hungry right now.

It would be wasteful not to and there are starving children in Ethiopia that would love to have parents to cannibalize.

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av

Pondex
Jul 8, 2014

The Virgin High Plains/The Chad River Basin

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

Screaming Idiot posted:

heh

i need a stronger guarantee than "may" forums poster Screaming Idiot

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

It's incredible that this man can cook things over an open flame outdoors and it looks better than 90% of what you see in any restaurant.

It's nice to be reminded once in a while that good people do exist.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
https://twitter.com/JimKilbane/status/1016404836584222721?s=19

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

I see Scott Pruitt purchased a bulletproof diaper now.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Section 9 posted:

It provides Bob Ross levels of relaxation for me. I love coming home after work, having a light snack and just unwind with a video or two.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

:hai:

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

You realize this kills the pig?

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Literally A Person posted:

You realize this kills the pig?

W-what?!

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
now you know the horrible truth behind those delicious creamed pigs you've been eating

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

I'm googling to learn more about this and it does indeed seem that ice cream is not recommended for micropiggies. Also on the list of things not to give your micropiglet: Bacon.

Solid advice IMHO

I learned something today thank you Literally A Person.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
:tipshat: