Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Platystemon)

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

got any sevens posted:

not sure if this is good or bad

this part owns:

quote:

With his new legal victory and the Pandora's box of DIY weapons it opens, Wilson says he's finally fulfilling that mission. “All this Parkland stuff, the students, all these dreams of ‘common sense gun reforms'? No. The internet will serve guns, the gun is downloadable.” Wilson says now. “No amount of petitions or die-ins or anything else can change that."

The Internet Will Serve Guns! All Will Bow Before Guns!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

got any sevens posted:

It means I can download a car.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Trabisnikof posted:

this part owns:

you wouldn't download a car gun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALZZx1xmAzg&t=2s

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

got any sevens posted:

quote:

Under an obscure set of US regulations known as the International Trade in Arms Regulations (ITAR),

lol what? how is ITAR obscure? its literally the law that makes weapons trafficking illegal

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

i hate when people write about wilson and call him an anarchist hes not in the slightest. hes alt right as gently caress

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

Trabisnikof posted:

this part owns:

quote:

With his new legal victory and the Pandora's box of DIY weapons it opens, Wilson says he's finally fulfilling that mission. “All this Parkland stuff, the students, all these dreams of ‘common sense gun reforms'? No. The internet will serve guns, the gun is downloadable.” Wilson says now. “No amount of petitions or die-ins or anything else can change that."

just try and stop psychos from gunning you down now! cloud trigged by 2A rights much?

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Trabisnikof posted:

this part owns:

wow he’s exactly the loving psychopath that should never be allowed near a gun

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

I’m the keming on this tombstone.

Shear Modulus posted:

i hate when people write about wilson and call him an anarchist hes not in the slightest. hes alt right as gently caress

quote:

On that subject, he has something else to show me. Wilson pulls out a small embroidered badge. It depicts a red, dismembered arm on a white background. The arm's hand grips a curved sword, with blood dripping from it. The symbol, Wilson explains, once flew on a flag above the Goliad Fort in South Texas. In Texas' revolution against Mexico in the 1830s, Goliad's fort was taken by the Mexican government and became the site of a massacre of 400 American prisoners of war, one that's far less widely remembered than the Alamo.

Wilson recently ordered a full-size flag with the sword-wielding bloody arm. He wants to make it a new symbol for his group. His interest in the icon, he explains, dates back to the 2016 election, when he was convinced Hillary Clinton was set to become the president and lead a massive crackdown on firearms.

If that happened, as Wilson tells it, he was ready to launch his Defcad repository, regardless of the outcome of his lawsuit, and then defend it in an armed standoff. "I’d call a militia out to defend the server, Bundy-style," Wilson says calmly, in the first overt mention of planned armed violence I've ever heard him make. "Our only option was to build an infrastructure where we had one final suicidal mission, where we dumped everything into the internet," Wilson says. "Goliad became an inspirational thing for me."

This is your reminder that Texans violently seceded from two separate countries in defence of slavery.

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

disrupting gun control laws with this hot new SV startup: fullautolr, now with apps coming to android and iOS!

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

got any sevens posted:

3d printed guns are way overhyped

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
"If that happened, as Wilson tells it, he was ready to launch his Defcad repository, regardless of the outcome of his lawsuit, and then defend it in an armed standoff. "I’d call a militia out to defend the server, Bundy-style," Wilson says calmly, in the first overt mention of planned armed violence I've ever heard him make. "Our only option was to build an infrastructure where we had one final suicidal mission, where we dumped everything into the internet," Wilson says. "Goliad became an inspirational thing for me.""

Goddamn kids these days don't remember Waco. If the US Gov wants your rear end there's not going to be a standoff they're just gonna drive a tank through your loving living room you shitforbrains.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Main Paineframe posted:

3d printed guns are way overhyped

theres not a lot of point to 3d-printing a gun when anyone in america can just go to the gun store and buy one, that works a lot better than one made of plastic, and is also way cheaper than buying a 3d printer

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

Peanut President posted:

"If that happened, as Wilson tells it, he was ready to launch his Defcad repository, regardless of the outcome of his lawsuit, and then defend it in an armed standoff. "I’d call a militia out to defend the server, Bundy-style," Wilson says calmly, in the first overt mention of planned armed violence I've ever heard him make. "Our only option was to build an infrastructure where we had one final suicidal mission, where we dumped everything into the internet," Wilson says. "Goliad became an inspirational thing for me.""

Goddamn kids these days don't remember Waco. If the US Gov wants your rear end there's not going to be a standoff they're just gonna drive a tank through your loving living room you shitforbrains.

"Oh yeah? You wanna become a martyr? Well maybe I'll kill you, raghead ah ha ha ha" --an Troop

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006
i miss the days when i could earnestly ask if folk were so dense that they didn't realize that suicide by Other is a valid tactic that works pretty well, historically

for instance: Waco was so effective in its goal the bundy clan has now, officially, legally, committed no crime.

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

https://twitter.com/HumansOfLate/status/1013828264912179200

Al!
Apr 2, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

at first glance i genuinely thought this was a Shadowrun source book

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

Al! posted:

because they're making 4th world a thing? I've never really seen it used before but I guess it's just "the shitholes" or possibly "the 3rd world shitholes in 1st world countries"

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Al! posted:

Sixth World 🐉

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

I loving hate 90's DOS game copy protection.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Willie Tomg posted:

i miss the days when i could earnestly ask if folk were so dense that they didn't realize that suicide by Other is a valid tactic that works pretty well, historically

for instance: Waco was so effective in its goal the bundy clan has now, officially, legally, committed no crime.

Who?

Al!
Apr 2, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
tell me how you feel about blood magic in 3 emojis or less

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Marzzle posted:

because they're making 4th world a thing? I've never really seen it used before but I guess it's just "the shitholes" or possibly "the 3rd world shitholes in 1st world countries"

Fourth World typically refers to stateless people. People like the Roma, the people of Tibet, the Falun Gong, etc.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade

Al! posted:

tell me how you feel about blood magic in 3 emojis or less
😭🇲🇽👎

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

loving lmao at this one

https://mobile.twitter.com/HumansOfLate/status/1016648478188023809

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade
Nerver forget:

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
https://twitter.com/sally_amaki/status/1016703909140680704?s=21

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
https://twitter.com/penguinrandom/status/1016791420454227968

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

that is an excellent twitter

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

this is how we'll all talk in 30 years

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

kind of my point, really.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Willie Tomg posted:

Literally Streetslang from Cyberpunk 2020 :lol:

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

whoever wrote this book must pay with their blood

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

i skimmed the paper and the 1st, 2nd world etc groups are names they gave to groups of countries that are clustered together in the dataset. the group they call 4th world are some particularly poor and/or war-torn countries in africa like libya and kenya

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Willie Tomg posted:

kaka felota, inyalowda

Water777
Mar 19, 2015
we'll go to the moon.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Platystemon posted:

This is your reminder that Texans violently seceded from two separate countries in defence of slavery.

slavery was not really a major cause of the independence war. It became bigger in tx later.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Also lol at goliad being his inspiration considering they just instantly surrendered and we're all immediately killed

Agnosticnixie
Jan 6, 2015

MeatwadIsGod posted:

Literally Streetslang from Cyberpunk 2020 :lol:

The clown street gangs were also a thing where cyberpunk is going to turn out to be prescient if the clown makeup beats facial recognition thing pans out.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Shear Modulus posted:

i skimmed the paper and the 1st, 2nd world etc groups are names they gave to groups of countries that are clustered together in the dataset. the group they call 4th world are some particularly poor and/or war-torn countries in africa like libya and kenya

So they used the same terminology as an existing framework but arbitrarily and confusingly redefined the terms?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Agnosticnixie posted:

The clown street gangs were also a thing where cyberpunk is going to turn out to be prescient if the clown makeup beats facial recognition thing pans out.

Dunno about clown street gangs, but clown revolutionaries aren't far off.

I;m talking about juggalos