Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Moon Slayer posted:

That has to be an embellishment/urban legend.

It almost definitely was, but at least Martin Random tended to post his stories as their own threads. Also, they weren't focused on making him look cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

.wrong thread

I Said No
May 21, 2007

jesus dude ur gonna kill someone with that av

CannonFodder posted:

Why use the piss for a cologne?

IIRC it was something like the piss and/or jizz has male pheromones in it so if you put it in your armpits, it replaces sweat stink and attracts :females: far more effectively.

no do not actually try this holy gently caress

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Surprised there isn’t more of a movement of mra dudes going around spraying their territory like cats thinking it will lure females to them

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

I Said No posted:

IIRC it was something like the piss and/or jizz has male pheromones in it so if you put it in your armpits, it replaces sweat stink and attracts :females: far more effectively.

Thanks.

Also do not taste your own urine to see if you are sick

There are professionals for that

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

CannonFodder posted:

Thanks.

But definitely shop around. The prices vary depending on which neighborhood you’re in.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
I’m gay and can actually confirm that nothing is more attractive in a man than the scent of stale jizz and piss.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.

CannonFodder posted:

Thanks.

Wasn't that how they tested for diabetes once upon a time? Something about how the urine would taste sweeter. I don't remember what thread I read that in, but it was concluded you had to have a good palate to be a physician back then.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

"Your palate's fine, but you need to work on your observation skills, or else you would have noticed I put my index finger in but licked my middle finger."

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

:)
It’s 🌿Garland🌿!😯😯😯 No…🙅 I am become😤 😈CHAOS👿! MMMMH😋 GHAAA😫

Leavemywife posted:

Wasn't that how they tested for diabetes once upon a time? Something about how the urine would taste sweeter. I don't remember what thread I read that in, but it was concluded you had to have a good palate to be a physician back then.

Yes, it came up in the Sawbones episode on diabetes. Although I think it only works for type 1?

TheHomerTax
Dec 26, 2012

That's a high quality avatar right there.

small bird pudding posted:

Yes, it came up in the Sawbones episode on diabetes. Although I think it only works for type 1?

If type 2 gets bad enough/left untreated long enough it will eventually spill glucose into the urine. Also back when drinking diabetic piss was the only diagnostic tool medicine had, type 2 diabetes wasn’t really a thing.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

I’m gay and can actually confirm that nothing is more attractive in a man than the scent of stale jizz and piss.

Hell pal you don’t need to be gay to confirm that

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

oldpainless posted:

More like oldatractivenessless?

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

oh come on, at least try

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

It is.

Dude went on to write fiction about working in the Bush White House.

I still choose to believe Tom Ridge drinks from a small bottle of peroxide he keeps in his pocket.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

I first read it reposted on WoW forums using the stumbleupon toolbar. Then backtracked to SA and promptly forgot about the forums because "who would pay $10 to post on forums?"

Then like three months later I paid $10 to post on forums.

I Said No
May 21, 2007

jesus dude ur gonna kill someone with that av

Shifty Nipples posted:

More like oldatractivenessless?

more like oldgormless

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

I Said No posted:

Do... do they not know sweat is made of urine?

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

oldpainless posted:

More like oldspicepiss

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

Akett posted:

Do... do they not know sweat is made of urine?

It's not made of urine :wtc: it contains urea.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

It's not made of urine :wtc: it contains urea.

That’s what Big Pheromone *wants* you to believe.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Proteus Jones posted:

That’s what Big Pheromone *wants* you to believe.

I FEEL SO SMALL AND HELPLESS

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

if it's not made of urine then why do I always smell like piss

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug

Ghostlight posted:

How about you try to stop digging in the well?

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Ghostlight posted:

Because you drink a lot of hoppy beer

https://learn.kegerator.com/off-flavors-in-beer/

quote:

11. Catty (p-menthane-8-thiol-3-one)

Perceived As:
Tomcat urine, catty, black currant leaves, tomato plants

Approx. Flavor Threshold:
15ng/l

Importance:
Catty is usually considered an off flavor, but can make up an important part of some ales, — especially IPAs — because the compound p-menthane-8-thiol-3-one is associated with the flavor and is produced by several hop varieties. It is also often present in the early stages of oxidation. If present because of oxidation it is always considered an off-flavor.

Effect of Aging:
Increases with age to a point; than begins to decrease.

Caused By:
It is caused by contamination of raw materials, or raw materials (hops) naturally producing the compounds that bring about this flavor.

How To Avoid/Control:
Brew with different hop varieties that don’t produce the catty compounds.
Ensure your malt is clean.
Minimize oxidation of wort or young beer.
Store beer properly at cool temperatures.
How To Practice:
You could brew a small batch IPA with hop varieties known for their “cattiness;” Citra, Simcoe, and Strisselspalt are a few. You could also dose your basic practice setup with blackcurrant leaf extract or blackcurrant leaf tea. This is another I haven’t personally tried, but it’s worth looking into.

Commercial Example: Odell’s IPA is a commercial example that has a strong catty character as part of its flavor profile.

https://www.aroxa.com/beer/beer-flavour-standard/p-menthane-8-thiol-3-one/

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Diabetics or people on low-carb diets can often excrete more acetones and ammonia in their sweat and quite literally smell like piss!

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Doesn't acetone give off a sort of fruity scent?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Doesn't acetone give off a sort of fruity scent?

Yes, under certain circumstances your breath can smell like alcohol.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Obligatory reminder that piss breath was seen as something to aspire to in the low carb trainwreck thread.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Obligatory reminder that piss breath was seen as something to aspire to in the low carb trainwreck thread.

I still can’t imagine how “I’m literally dying and smell like death” became a cult following in that thread. It’s literally a bunch of people saying “I feel like poo poo and smell this is the best thing ever!”

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Aesop Poprock posted:

I still can’t imagine how “I’m literally dying and smell like death” became a cult following in that thread. It’s literally a bunch of people saying “I feel like poo poo and smell this is the best thing ever!”

It’s still a cult on Reddit.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

People are still using that black tar poo poo to melt out tumors, there's always a few people who stick with this kind of poo poo

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
I mean low carb can be a useful dieting strategy. It’s just that it should mean “lean meat, veggies, nuts, avoid empty filler calories like white bread and potato chips etc” not “fruit, beans, and hummus make you fat, 72oz steaks fried in lard make you thin”

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Yeah. Basically intentionally inducing ketosis by eating shittons of fat is not healthy. Don’t follow diets that ask you to do so unless a doctor tells you to.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I'm trying a low/no carb diet. It's working pretty well and all I really miss is sugar. Haven't noticed any smells though. I've basically just been eating tons of salads with oil and vinegar dressing, roasts with veggies, and lots of breakfasty foods (eggs, sausage, grilled tomatoes).

It's only been a couple of weeks, but it seems to be working. Gonna give it a couple of months, but I guarantee my need for beer or pizza will eventually win out.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Solice Kirsk posted:

I'm trying a low/no carb diet. It's working pretty well and all I really miss is sugar. Haven't noticed any smells though. I've basically just been eating tons of salads with oil and vinegar dressing, roasts with veggies, and lots of breakfasty foods (eggs, sausage, grilled tomatoes).

It's only been a couple of weeks, but it seems to be working. Gonna give it a couple of months, but I guarantee my need for beer or pizza will eventually win out.

Tomtoes are made of carbs my dude. Cut that poo poo out. Try adding some grated cheese in their place.

Also, mix liquor with diet sodas for a simple low carb alcohol fix.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

counterpoint: cutting out carbs entirely will make you sluggish and make working out suck rear end - if you're not eating any grains or starches or whatever, I think you're fine with a couple of tomatoes a day.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Really? The stupid pee strips I'm using are saying I'm OK and the label says 1 cup has like 6 grams of carbs. I already had to say no to my Aunt Susie's manicotti this weekend....this diet is getting worse and worse.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Around 2013 I actually tried low carb bc of some SA thread. The sane kind not the bacon kind. Problem was I was also trying to be vegan and get a lifter’s amount of protein in.

Good thing I like tofu.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

http://www.maximumfun.org/sawbones/sawbones-ketogenic-diet here's a bunch of useful information from a doctor about keto diets

tl;dr: Its a treatment for epilepsy that used to work until medicine was invented, we forgot about it, someone rediscovered it and now its a miracle cure for everything weight.