Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Knormal posted:

"...and in conclusion, Iron Fist is definitely not Danny Rand. Thank you for reading my article. Love Peter."

Robbie: Great job Peter, we're going to put you on the medical plan. Now you and your immediate relatives can enjoy robust healthcare, leaving them fit and healthy to pursue whatever they love."
Peter: I quit!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Daily Bugle posted:

IRONFIST
by Peter Parker

A masked man brought another man to a hospital last night. The other man was an FBI agent. The masked man had saved him from an attack by some other other men. These other men were bad men, according to sources. The masked man did not attack the agent and then bring him to the hospital, as initially suspected by some sources.

The masked man is called IronFist, because he has a fist that is really hard (reports say it also glows and cuts up webs somehow so those are useless against it so don't even try that). Anonymous sources say you should not punch him in the fist if you are punching him, which you shouldn't be because he was not one of the bad men who attacked the FBI agent. You might think at first he is a bad man and then you will start to fight him, and perhaps he will think the same thing about you and will start to fight you, but eventually you both will realize you are both not bad men and stop fighting, according to sources. But if you punch him really hard directly in the fist it will really hurt your hand a lot is the point sources are making.

That case of mistaken identity thing described above is exactly what happened between IronFist and Spider-Man! They fought for a minute, but then realized they were both on the same side--the good one. They then saved the FBI agent from another attack by some other bad people (this time one was a woman), who then disappeared somehow and so did we, sources revealed.

After that, they considered teaming up, but then IronFist revealed his identity (he was NOT Danny Rand of the Wall Street Journal) to Spider-Man and said to team up Spider-Man had to reveal his, sources say.

As of this printing, Spider-Man refused to reveal himself because I had to protect my secret identity, according to sources I talked to as a reporter to get these facts.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

I want to see Peter write for the Bugle more often.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
I'm surprised he didn't accidentally claim it was Spider-man.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

:five: all the fives

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

oops

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

DID SOMEONE SAY CLOWN NINE oh wait he said cloud :(

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
I'm impressed that Peter managed to keep the fact that he is Spider-Man in his thoughts instead of having a spoken monologue in the middle of the street

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

Samuringa posted:

I'm impressed that Peter managed to keep the fact that he is Spider-Man in his thoughts instead of having a spoken monologue in the middle of the street

Clearly you're the victim of another troll-edit.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Synthbuttrange posted:

I can understand your angst, Peter. Because a man in a mask with a glowing fist who does Kung Fu in public typically flies under the radar on any normal day.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Escobarbarian posted:

Great headline, Pete.

Reporters don't do headlines. That one was a Robbie original.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!
Even in his private monologue Peter's making GBS threads on Danny. :allears:

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Proteus Jones posted:

I can understand your angst, Peter. Because a man in a mask with a glowing fist who does Kung Fu in public typically flies under the radar on any normal day.

one that literally appeared on tv that same day

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

Is Peter now going to sabotage his own paper?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I thought that giant MYSELF had to be another edit but I obviously overestimated this comic strip

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Synthbuttrange posted:

This so called “Ironfist.”
Peter, you just met the guy. His existence isn’t a mystery or a legend.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

First photo! *ignores the footage on tv*

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

He better punch Iron Fist's punch a second time, just to make sure!

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
Maybe he's not really Iron Fist. Maybe he's really Lead Foot or Copper Bottom in a cunning disguise.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

gleebster posted:

Maybe he's not really Iron Fist. Maybe he's really Lead Foot or Copper Bottom in a cunning disguise.
Could very well be Brass Balls 'cuz he's nuts to put that beard on his chin.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

The amazing MJ

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

the perspective on that bed :wow:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

thats not a bed its clearly a speedboat

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I thought it was a taxi. :stare:

brainSnakes
Jul 11, 2011

come back here
Wait Mj is supposed to be in a bed? I thought she was flying an interdimensional helicopter with her eyes closed.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

(I'm sorry)

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Same.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Synthbuttrange posted:

The amazing MJ

Pete. He was on the TV news. You didn't expose poo poo, and she knows it.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Just found out newspaper spidey is authentic to issue 1

https://twitter.com/ryanqnorth/status/1017358625478758400

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

He's just telling it to the Lou Ferrigno Hulk, it's cool.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I want a story where Bruce Banner knows the secret identity of all his Avengers friends, and then he shouts them out loud in public as The Hulk.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it turns out that iron fist is danny rand. it's not really a secret because he has unmasked on camera many, many times.

ecavalli
Nov 18, 2012

I'm calling it now: Peter's guilt will drive him to buy an Iron Fist mask and unmask himself as Iron Fist on TV as a mea culpa.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

ecavalli posted:

I'm calling it now: Peter's guilt will drive him to buy an Iron Fist mask and unmask himself as Iron Fist on TV as a mea culpa.

Nah, he'll just apologize:

"I'm sorry I alerted the world to your existence."

"I'm the CEO of a major--

" I know nothing you've done has ever garnered even a moment's attention, and that you had no reason to believe that would ever change."

"I was already on TV--"

"But thanks entirely to our chance encounter, through no fault of your own, you have been dragged briefly from your hopeless obscurity."

"Why is this happening."

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

ecavalli posted:

He'll make a deal with the devil to turn back time.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

"Mutant Junkie Lizards Rampage Through Miami. Source traced back to "Gamma Meth" created by Infamous Scientists Kurt Conner and Bruce Banner."

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

David D. Davidson posted:

"Mutant Junkie Lizards Rampage Through Miami. Source traced back to "Gamma Meth" created by Infamous Scientists Kurt Conner and Bruce Banner."

Bruce, wearing sunglasses and a hat:
"Come on, Conner. Let's cook."

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

"I can't possibly sleep MJ" immediately falls asleep.

Holy poo poo he really does have the brain of a toddler.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ecavalli
Nov 18, 2012

nimby posted:

He'll make a deal with the devil to turn back time.

The build up to that would take no less than 17 real-time years. God, I hope that's where it goes. :allears: