Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

inthesto posted:

Anyways, this is video is now canon Baston:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMcnpXZIFmA (warning: contains a lot of edan rear end)

this is extremely good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

:stare: I can't believe it took me so long to realize.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Nuebot posted:

Lies, I don't see Dobson Bugnutt on that list.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Nuebot posted:

keanu reeves voice woah

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Bogan Krkic posted:

keanu reeves voice woah

Can someone fill in a clueless person as to what we're looking at, what the original context is, and what the context is to Dragon Friends?

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Hughlander posted:

Can someone fill in a clueless person as to what we're looking at, what the original context is, and what the context is to Dragon Friends?

It’s from an old Japanese baseball game where they tried their best to come up with a list of generic American names but didn’t quite get it right: http://www.pressthebuttons.com/2017/03/meet-bobson-dugnutt-and-the-other-players-of-fighting-baseball.html

The dragon friends have been using it as inspiration for their NPC names occasionally; bobson dugnutt featured heavily in season 3 iirc.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
Bobson Dugnutt and Raul Chamgerlain were in it for sure, and I think maybe 1 or 2 others.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
The other two were Mike Truk, the surgeon who restored Bobby's ear, and Dichael Carmichael (definitely in the same vein as Sleve McDichael) who's the idiot junior executive that gets murdered in the drunk episode.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
precious bonathan is an australian twitter thing

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!
Woof, I'm gonna have to use earphones if I listen to bigsofttitty.png anywhere except my car, huh?

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Not Operator posted:

Woof, I'm gonna have to use earphones if I listen to bigsofttitty.png anywhere except my car, huh?

Yes. I always describe it as a hard R rating.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
I was gonna give props to Dungeon Dave for remembering what the Giff were, only to discover that they had been recently reintroduced to 5e.

Also, I missed how quick-witted Alex is. :allears:

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

I thought he was saying Gith and I was misremembering how they looked.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Freezo is a legal genius of unparalleled proportions

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

I am shocked that Ben remembered the Leonard Swiftfeatures voice.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

Testekill posted:

I am shocked that Ben remembered the Leonard Swiftfeatures voice.

My theory is that Leonard is just a younger version of Ben

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

tom's reveal of how he designed the wizard dave told him he'd play was fantastic

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

This week's Dragon Friends and Free to a Good Home are very chongus-heavy, which is now my new favorite euphemism for penis that I'll be shoehorning into every conversation I can.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
I love how easily Tom Walker threw everyone else off-kilter with his sex wizard joke.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Free To A Good Home updated yesterday.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Freezo needs to get over his crook penis.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Chongus is incredible slang for dick holy poo poo Australia

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Rodyle posted:

Chongus is incredible slang for dick holy poo poo Australia

I'm nearing the end of tomb of annihilation, and it's awfully chongus-heavy as well.

Also, I cannot get over how unnaturally unlucky Edan seems to be with his dice rolls. It's to the point where I'm getting suspicious that he's like, using a d12 instead of a d20 and nobody's had the heart to tell him, or that he still doesn't know you're supposed to add an attack bonus to attack rolls (which I may or may not have gone full sessions without remembering in my early days).

But it's very on-brand and funny for him so I'm glad it's happening.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Edan is one of the few who actually knows how to play d&d so I'd be surprised if he was loving it up that badly, but I guess anything is possible in the name of comedy

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

It's also possible that he's not any unluckier than anyone else, it's just that he hams up his failures enough (a good thing) that I notice them more than the rest. I'm not keeping a spreadsheet or anything

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
He's also pretty often doing things that he's not proficient in, so probably doesn't add much to his rolls. I'm pretty sure he only very recently started using his sword instead of trying to fly kick everything.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Oh yeah, they had someone write a Handsome Man martial archetype for Baston and I think he later takes a level in monk because he kept refusing to do normal fighter things like 'use sword' and 'not fly-kick'

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Bogan Krkic posted:

Oh yeah, they had someone write a Handsome Man martial archetype for Baston and I think he later takes a level in monk because he kept refusing to do normal fighter things like 'use sword' and 'not fly-kick'

In one of the earlier episodes I think they mention that Dave tried to convince Edan to take a level in monk because he insists on using unarmed attacks instead of any of his weapons, but his response was "no, I have to earn it!" I believe this was the same episode where Philge learns "spell 1" and "spell 2."

I guess at some point Edan either decided he earned it, or that whiffing fly kicks is only so funny for so long (I still think it's funny) so he took the level.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
Not only has Edan played D&D prior to Dragon Friends, but he also gets limited DM notes from Dave, and plays the monsters from time to time. I'd bet that Baston's build and playstyle are intentionally sub-optimal so the show doesn't accidentally become Baston & Pals.

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003

inthesto posted:

Not only has Edan played D&D prior to Dragon Friends, but he also gets limited DM notes from Dave, and plays the monsters from time to time. I'd bet that Baston's build and playstyle are intentionally sub-optimal so the show doesn't accidentally become Baston & Pals.

This seems likely, since Dave and occasionally Ben tend to get frustrated any time the party weasels out of something and it becomes NPCs battling or conversing with each other. Baston's legs and feet are going to have serious arthritis from all the times he's botched kicking doors and levers that were never even locked.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I finished the Tomb of Annihilation stream: It is kind of funny how instantly they all started dying off as soon as they encountered not-softball challenges in a real dungeon that the crafters expect you to take seriously. I've never DM'ed a game, but I suspect that there's some validity to the claims that Dave is going easy on the gang in their normal adventures

On the whole I enjoyed it, though it was kind of a fizzle of a last episode; I wish that Ben or Benny could have been there, or that Alex didn't leave the room when Philge died so early in the episode (I assume she had a reason and that it wasn't just ragequitting). The guy who replaced Ben seemed perfectly nice, but he was no Ben Jenkins (and he also didn't have the literal years' worth of group mind to support him)

I hope they get invited to do more stuff, and that they'll be allowed to put the audio on their podcast feed next time

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

I just started listening to bigsofttitty.png and it's terrible in a good way.

Also they don't even get through the first episode without dunking on Hing which is honestly great

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Go RV! posted:

I just started listening to bigsofttitty.png and it's terrible in a good way.

Also they don't even get through the first episode without dunking on Hing which is honestly great

bigsofttitty.png Challenge Mode: see how long you can go without googling what Demi Lardner looks like because they keep calling her an eight year old boy and a living goblin.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

Not Operator posted:

bigsofttitty.png Challenge Mode: see how long you can go without googling what Demi Lardner looks like because they keep calling her an eight year old boy and a living goblin.

I already failed this because I looked her up after her first Dragon Friends appearance, because she was one of the funniest people I've ever heard. I should probably give that podcast a try.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Is bigsoftitty.png on iTunes? My gut says no

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

SpacePig posted:

I already failed this because I looked her up after her first Dragon Friends appearance, because she was one of the funniest people I've ever heard. I should probably give that podcast a try.

It's incredibly funny, but keep it in your earphones at all times.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Cum Egg still haunts my dreams.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Are you suggesting that dragon friends is a podcast that holds back on the cum jokes

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Oh buddy.

You don't even know cum yet.

The Dragon Friends merely adopted the cumjoke. Tom and Demi were born in it, molded by it.

Not Operator fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Aug 1, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

caligulamprey posted:

Cum Egg still haunts my dreams.

Not Operator posted:

Oh buddy.

You don't even know cum yet.

This is the most unsettling pair of posts I've ever read, I think.