Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan

Party Plane Jones posted:

The QBZ is so good on Sanhok with a vert/comp that it's all but guaranteed to be nerfed into oblivion in the next major patch. Thing is better than the old 416 was.

I'm curious what, if anything, will happen with the QBZ.

I like it better than the current M4 and WackyJacky has a good video that goes into a detailed comparison between the two guns. Too lazy to link it, but basically the QBZ shoots slower and does less damage, but has less damage dropoff and slightly better recoil than the M4, so it's better throwing a scope on and single firing, but worse at full auto spraying at close range. Or something like that.

But some of the big PUBG streamers like Shroud and Choco seem to hate it and think it's trash compared to the M4 for whatever reason, so maybe it won't get nerfed if the "influencers" aren't all on board with it being the hands down best AR in all situations like the old M4 was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

BCRock posted:

I'm curious what, if anything, will happen with the QBZ.

I like it better than the current M4 and WackyJacky has a good video that goes into a detailed comparison between the two guns. Too lazy to link it, but basically the QBZ shoots slower and does less damage, but has less damage dropoff and slightly better recoil than the M4, so it's better throwing a scope on and single firing, but worse at full auto spraying at close range. Or something like that.

But some of the big PUBG streamers like Shroud and Choco seem to hate it and think it's trash compared to the M4 for whatever reason, so maybe it won't get nerfed if the "influencers" aren't all on board with it being the hands down best AR in all situations like the old M4 was.

ChocoTaco specifically has had several instances where you can see the enemy takes 7+ hits from the QBZ and somehow doesn't die, which is almost certainly due to the servers making GBS threads themselves basically all of last week, and it is probably just a coincidence that the gun he was using was the QBZ more often than other guns. The one I remember is Choco managed to flank some dudes sniping at him and Shroud, sprayed one of them in the side with the QBZ, said he knocked one and realized, wait he's alive? Okay spray him again, get four more hits, alright knocked one -- wait nope they're still alive and then the enemy managed to turn on Choco and kill him. It was really stupid and under no circumstances should the enemy have been alive but PUBG is a quality program.

Recoil control is also substantially less important when you're absurdly good at controlling recoil.

Actually I guess he was using the QBZ more often when the servers poo poo themselves because the QBZ is only on Savage, and that small map is gonna have more server issues due to everyone being clumped together.

Slim Mat
Oct 3, 2015
That summary is at least 50% correct, which is all you need for a degree.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUZCid87Rto

Slim Mat
Oct 3, 2015
New map, new content created:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6-B3Yo5Cg4

Wiping the floor with amateur squads and I even played with some goons without abusing them or leaving them behind to ~blacklist~ me this time :v:
Unfortunately I suck and haven't had a win in Thailand yet, sorry for the plot spoilers. I did however channel my inner Shroud and get back on the AKM for some slick shooting.

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

I'm the greatest thing since World War III.

Soiled Meat
Speaking of Shroud, here he is not giving a flying car gently caress.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukssb3m4_oo

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
The AK is still my go to gun unless I am playing battle royale and find a scar/angled. I have 5 duo wins and a squad win on Sanhok... no solo wins yet :(

These were my closest solos... all in a row

pr0zac
Jan 18, 2004

~*lukecagefan69*~

Pillbug

Canuckistan posted:

Ahahaha Shroud is so over this game.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
That shroud video owns.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Saw the Shroud thing live. Wadu being in the passenger seat just amplified the entire experience.

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

wadu is the best thing about this garbage game that i play a whole lot

Destro
Dec 29, 2003

time to wake up
That's the best PUBG video I've ever seen

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Then you have a responsibility that no man has ever faced. You have your fear which could become reality, and you have Godzilla, which is reality.

Canuckistan posted:

this game is so bad

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
Huh, I won a solo game.

B-Mac
Apr 21, 2003
I'll never catch "the gay"!

Canuckistan posted:

The only thing that could make this better is if the cheater somehow managed to change the Dacia to a helicopter some how.

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Then you have a responsibility that no man has ever faced. You have your fear which could become reality, and you have Godzilla, which is reality.

Bluehole actually banned shroud for it too. Man, Bluehole's really incompetent.

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all

Beamed posted:

Bluehole actually banned shroud for it too. Man, Bluehole's really incompetent.

After being chased/killed for days by a hacker he just gives in this one game and plays along and he got banned for it? What's he going to do, shoot the hacker? Leave the game every time?

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Voxx posted:

After being chased/killed for days by a hacker he just gives in this one game and plays along and he got banned for it? What's he going to do, shoot the hacker? Leave the game every time?

continue not giving a crap because he's shroud and there's no such thing as bad publicity?

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

He probably did it hoping he'd get banned anyway, dude clearly doesn't want to play the game anymore

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Red Red Blue posted:

He probably did it hoping he'd get banned anyway, dude clearly doesn't want to play the game anymore

Even better: He was told he can continue playing on another account while banned.

Just..

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Woulda been funny if he had gotten banned while they were selling his weapon skins.

Well, more funny, I guess.

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Beamed posted:

Even better: He was told he can continue playing on another account while banned.

Just..

That's what he did last time he got banned but now he's probably just gonna use it as an excuse to play other poo poo for a month or however long it is

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Accretionist posted:

Huh, I won a solo game.

Congrats!

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
How did they ban him, they're flying him out to Berlin for the invitational and star of the game snorting coke off hookers asses for five days straight.

He has been bored of it, and playing a lot of Rainbow SixCorner Peek: The Game. But PUBG is still his bread and butter. It's a fun game to watch. Nothing else really is.

Philthy fucked around with this message at 08:05 on Jul 10, 2018

drowningidiot
Sep 27, 2014
I loving suck at this poo poo and barely manage a kill for every 10 games played. Nothing hits, nothing works.

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

drowningidiot posted:

I loving suck at this poo poo and barely manage a kill for every 10 games played. Nothing hits, nothing works.

I went months before getting a win or getting decent at the game. Then all of a sudden it just clicked for me and now I'm not terrible.

I wish I could give you some more constructive help. :(

nervana
Dec 9, 2010

drowningidiot posted:

I just kept jumping into school so I can practice and not waste 30 minutes every match looting then dying.

drowningidiot
Sep 27, 2014

nervana posted:

I just kept jumping into school so I can practice and not waste 30 minutes every match looting then dying.

I've tried this about 20 times but I've never managed to get a weapon or survive more than 30 seconds. I guess i haven 't figured out the right time to jump because there's 20 people there by the time I land.

John DiFool
Aug 28, 2013

Dropping hot is dumb as gently caress. Early game lag/desync is real, weapons still don't spawn before you land, and even if they do it's generally a crap-shoot as to finding a decent gun before the closest enemy.

This is the worst game to practice general FPS mechanics in since if you die you have to wait at least 2 minutes before hitting the ground again.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Canuckistan posted:

I flipped my poo poo when I saw that last month or so my friends and I encountered Wadu on Erangel, sniping people with a loving Saiga, and just watching the car he was driving glitching around the map in the air. We were pinned down due to his loving hacking, eventually we just said gently caress it and tried to kill him since we knew we were going to die by him anyway. Needless to say we all died but the entire time he was trying his poo poo sales pitch on us, and one of my friends was squished like a bug smashing the car ON TOP of him. That was pretty hilarious. But gently caress that guy.

Appoda
Oct 30, 2013

I do love the bit where the cheater tries to hawk his poo poo on stream, but Shroud very authoritatively shuts him down. woh woh woah woah woah DON'T SAY A WORD.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
i dunno how this worked out so well but it did

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ht7qQ0dD3bE

i immediately came under fire from two different teams and was promptly killed like 30 seconds later

but the part that really gets me is the bastard with the m24 stealing my kill :argh:

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

Jiro posted:

I flipped my poo poo when I saw that last month or so my friends and I encountered Wadu on Erangel, sniping people with a loving Saiga, and just watching the car he was driving glitching around the map in the air. We were pinned down due to his loving hacking, eventually we just said gently caress it and tried to kill him since we knew we were going to die by him anyway. Needless to say we all died but the entire time he was trying his poo poo sales pitch on us, and one of my friends was squished like a bug smashing the car ON TOP of him. That was pretty hilarious. But gently caress that guy.

I am not comprehending this story. Are you saying you ran into Wadu hacking? He isn't the one hacking.

drowningidiot posted:

I've tried this about 20 times but I've never managed to get a weapon or survive more than 30 seconds. I guess i haven 't figured out the right time to jump because there's 20 people there by the time I land.

Drop into places that are going to have maybe 2-3 people (and guns). This is a lot easier on Sanhok since guns are plentiful and people drop at smaller complexes. Also if you hot drop, it's a must to know how to get down with the first group of people (snake drop).

I had these two nice kills yesterday

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H18EeIycjPA

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

drowningidiot posted:

so I think a good middle-ground strategy is picking a hot spot and then dropping at a location near it, grabbing an AR, helmet and vest ASAP, and then moving into the hotspot to secure kills. You have to be proactive about moving in quickly, which gives you the advantage of catching people unaware while looting. If you're too late, you'll end up facing down the last person/squad standing. And they'll definitely have better gear than you.

school can't really be done this way, since the apts and rozhok are both pretty hot too. I would say the small village to the SW, is your best bet. but pochinki has a sweet offshoot village to the sw of the church, and you usually only have to contend with one or two people, and sometimes none.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
My go to medium drops on Erangel where you can usually get a gun and armor before you die: Stalber, Mansion, and Gatka (kind of boring and bad when you don't get anyone there with you). If you get a plane path where you can stretch a bit to Rozhok, it shouldn't be too hot and will be fun. Same goes for Primorsk.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

why do you still use green blood?

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
I just haven't ever changed it since they reduced the larger and brighter effect :shrug:

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

why do you still use green blood?

Alien goo is rad, friend

RobotsLoveSpectres
Dec 29, 2008
im afraid of red blood and skeletons

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

*enables PUBG skeleton mode*

Adbot