Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Vivi would be doing water damage for that fight, presumably.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Yeah, Fire Magicite as in that's the element he uses to murder you with and the element he absorbs.

I used Vivi Trance/USB with Chain Waterja against Belias. He was my primary DPS despite not having a single SB which deals water damage.

I actually got a neat use out of Vivi's Attach Fire from the USB as well -- a little known/used factor of Attach Element is that it gives you stacking resistance to the attached element, and Belias has a brutal slot 1+5 attack that deals 5 hits of about 2.2k damage through normal moderate resistance. Vivi getting his Attach up prior to that move allowed him to survive with just enough HP to trance. Onion was in the top slot and just defended it.

Zurai fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Jul 11, 2018

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

saltylopez posted:

He's fire element so he would be weak to water.

I'm presuming he gets Vivi to trance then spams Vortex.

oh yeah okay, that makes sense. i actually even sometimes use Vivi USB on stuff that resists fire just to get that sweet black triple cast going.

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."

DaddyBigBucks posted:

Current Ultra SB:
Zell - Burning Duel - Fantastic Fire DPS. I think he's dive-worthy with this by itself
Josef - Heroic Soul Really good buff. A good core to any PHY team
Relm - Divine Portrait Was the best healer USB in the game, now only "not quite the best healer USB in the game, but still pretty much the best."
Aerith - Hidden Bloom Fine, but not great. You have Relm.
Shantotto - A Thousand Suns Great Magic DPS, but you have the makings of a great PHY team. Keep this in mind
Wakka - Aurochs Spirit barf

Current Overstrike SB:
TG Cid - Thunder God One of the original USB0s. Fantastic to this date
Maria - Kerplode XXXII Really good for a great mage, but not good on its own
Onion Knight - Sword and Spell terrible
Kain - Kain's Lance Good, but only in conjunction with other tech.

I got about 20 Burst SB's - I can list them if it helps but most notable include:
Couldn't hurt. Some bursts are still great. A good rule of thumb for now is that any healer burst is fine if not great and anything that "Attaches [X Element]" is perfectly fine

Yshotla - Asylum Great and still the only real Medica in the realm
PCecil - Paladin Force eh
Beatrix - Knight Protector fine
Luneth - Eternal Wind fine
Krile - Tomorrow's Promise fine
Meliadoul - Crush Helm Pretty good when you need to break Attack

SSB
Ramza - Shout staple, but you have Josef
Arc - Renewing Rains / Word of Kindness Good
Luneth - Swordshower meh
Onion Knight - Onion Slice bad
Krile - Sheepsong Your only MAG buff here, so great
Ovelia - Divine Ward meh
Tyro - Sentinel Shield (it took until now to get this) Good if you have nothing else for him
Minfilia - Blessing of Light Really good, but you have Josef
Celes - Indomitable Blade Good

I realize some of this stuff seems incredibly dated but I can definitely go nuts on a few banners. Some realm synergy's are really poor, FF4 and FF12 I think is where I lack the most.

With your 400 mythril, I'd heavily recommend the upcoming Bartz banner 1. It'll debut his ASB, USB2, and Glint and turn him into an even bigger quad-element powerhouse. It'll be coming in two weeks or so.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
I'm still a sucker for Lucky Banners.

3/11 - Sephiroth USB, Tifa OSB, Shelke BSB (dupe)

I might have to look into whether Sephiroth's USB1 is any better with the upgraded Enelement stacking (I have his LMR to start with Endark), or just stick to his BSB2.

Tifa's not bad to kick off the 5* Magicite since I have her BSB1. My physical earth team is technically bad, but Ingus BSB2 is an amazing workhorse that got me my Ixion clear as my only earth relic.

And another lightning+ spear. It's my third Shelke BSB, so I might consider combining them instead of keeping them separate for element boosting.

I was really hoping for Type-0 stuff though, especially now that it's confirmed they have a Torment coming.

pichupal fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Jul 11, 2018

Philouza
Jul 20, 2005

pichupal posted:

I'm still a sucker for Lucky Banners.

Same here...I went 4/11

Yuffie USB1 (dupe)
Cloud OSB (dupe)
Zack BSB (dupe)
Tifa LMR2

Cloud and Zack's relics go into the vault but I'm happy to combine Yuffie's for a better throw relic. Tifa's LMR2 is a pretty good get; I have her USB1, OSB and both BSBs. Not only is it a badly needed +Earth amor, but I also have her LMR1, which means I have my first character with two Legend Materia without touching any 5* motes (even though her LMR1 is mediocre)

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

so the old torments are going away today, what are their replacements going to be like? is their purpose still going to be for getting job and 5* motes?

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
Does witch ever get any more elements? I’m finding Shantotto to be pretty good DPS with her USB and Sudden Thunder/Freeze, but I want to be able to hit more elements.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

I now have both Yuffie's BSBs and USBs. Im not trying to do this!

DaddyBigBucks
Sep 28, 2003

ceaselessfuture posted:

With your 400 mythril, I'd heavily recommend the upcoming Bartz banner 1. It'll debut his ASB, USB2, and Glint and turn him into an even bigger quad-element powerhouse. It'll be coming in two weeks or so.

Awesome. Thank you.

EDIT: Should I stop diving with Onion Knight, seems like he is not worthy of the motes right now.

DaddyBigBucks fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Jul 11, 2018

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

DaddyBigBucks posted:

Awesome. Thank you.

EDIT: Should I stop diving with Onion Knight, seems like he is not worthy of the motes right now.

his dive is essential to make him usable, depends what you have for him. I think I saw you have his OSB+SSB? probably not worth with just that, his good stuff is the buffs like BSB + USBs

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
Yeah onion kid is a staple of my teams and i don't regret diving him but I have his BSBs and both USBs.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Went 3/11, with Machina's OSB, Tifa's BSB1, and Nine's SSB.

Machina OSB is sorta interesting I guess, in that dark / earth is an odd combo, but it scales off of spellblade casts, which makes the dark half pretty irrelevant, and I already have better earth spellblade options.

Nine's SSB will maybe be useful torment kit some day? I dunno.

Tifa's BSB has the nice crit-fix and an imperil, and I already have both of her LMRs, so I have an en-earth for her too. I also have her glint. I'm honestly not sure if that combo makes her worth using though? En-earth, imperil earth, crit-fix, and a shitload of delay reduction sounds solid on paper, but it's hard to imagine it beating out my current physical earth DPS combo of Dorgann with USB, Bartz with USB + earth BSB, and a double-casting ninja.

a computer ghost
May 30, 2011

an unhackable cat???

:stwoon: yeah I think that was worth my last 25 mythril

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Cloud USB, Papalymo OSB, Aphinaud SSB.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

DU Lucky: 2/11 Cloud Glint, Cloud BSB2

Well uh... sure I'll take that wind package of a draw I suppose. I also have his OSB so I guess he's my 2nd best Physical Wind character after Zidane.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

2/11

Ysayle BSB and yuffie lmr.

Have yuffies old sb/SSB and her aosb.

Had nothing for ysayle.

Not sure the draw was a game changer. Just...nice stuff? More incentive to finish yuffie's dive?

Virulence
Jun 14, 2012

3/11

Tifa AOSB, Rufus BSB, Queen SSB

All I have for Tifa is her en-earth BSB but hey, I'll take it.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

1st AD posted:

Does witch ever get any more elements? I’m finding Shantotto to be pretty good DPS with her USB and Sudden Thunder/Freeze, but I want to be able to hit more elements.

It's going to get some 6* versions from Nu Torments in awhile, and they just announced there will be new Witch abilities with the VIII event coming to JP at the end of the month. No details yet but predictions are it'll be a Wind one for Ultimecia.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Virulence posted:

3/11

Tifa AOSB, Rufus BSB, Queen SSB

All I have for Tifa is her en-earth BSB but hey, I'll take it.

Uh that's all you need for tifa.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I finally pulled it off. All 4* magicites sub-30.

Ramza has Shout++
Raines has BSB
Larsa has BSB and USB
Agrias has enholy SSB and OSB
Orlandeau has OSB

That's right, no damaging USBs. It all relied on having just enough dps to skip each scripted Black Cauldron so that Larsa's astra would block the interrupt at the start of the next phase. Then I needed Ramza to recast his BSB as soon after the dispel as possible. That was probably the hardest part, I had a lot of failed attempts where he finished casting a little too soon, or way too late.

And then just having enough dps hinged entirely on Raines and Agrias getting their procs off, so I'm pretty much never going to be able to replicate this. But that's OK because magicite crystals are going away next week.

Really, I'm just glad I won't have to rage pull on the FFT banners now.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

LornMarkus posted:

It's going to get some 6* versions from Nu Torments in awhile, and they just announced there will be new Witch abilities with the VIII event coming to JP at the end of the month. No details yet but predictions are it'll be a Wind one for Ultimecia.

I'm thinking either Wind for Ultimecia (considering she has to be getting a USB in that event a Witch focused one could be likely), or an upgraded 5* version of Sudden Thunder/Freeze to pair with the 6* Witch abilities. Something like how Dragoons upgraded Blood of the Wyvern to Cyclone Bolt.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Avalerion posted:

There really should be some holy samurais.

Gosh, it's not like we have any characters who have desperately begging for that niche to fill.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

KataraniSword posted:

Gosh, it's not like we have any characters who have desperately begging for that niche to fill.

Come on now, we all know Saga characters are non-canon so of course they're going to get hosed. :v:

Ripley
Jan 21, 2007

RagnarokAngel posted:

I now have both Yuffie's BSBs and USBs. Im not trying to do this!

I've been chasing her USB2 wherever it turns up, saw this and thought 'maybe I could be that lucky too!'. Now I have Clearest Tranquil. Very funny, thanks game.

Ripley fucked around with this message at 06:58 on Jul 11, 2018

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

1/11 thancred ssb :unsmigghh:

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

It's in the garbage. Where it belongs.

Zurai posted:

You are greatly underestimating the variety of options which will be available to you.

I was talking about stuff that exists now since it was in response to a 4* magicite fight. Guess it was easy to misinterpret since the rest of the post was about JP stuff.

Fister Roboto posted:

I finally pulled it off. All 4* magicites sub-30.

Ramza has Shout++
Raines has BSB
Larsa has BSB and USB
Agrias has enholy SSB and OSB
Orlandeau has OSB

That's right, no damaging USBs. It all relied on having just enough dps to skip each scripted Black Cauldron so that Larsa's astra would block the interrupt at the start of the next phase. Then I needed Ramza to recast his BSB as soon after the dispel as possible. That was probably the hardest part, I had a lot of failed attempts where he finished casting a little too soon, or way too late.

And then just having enough dps hinged entirely on Raines and Agrias getting their procs off, so I'm pretty much never going to be able to replicate this. But that's OK because magicite crystals are going away next week.

Really, I'm just glad I won't have to rage pull on the FFT banners now.

Well done. Not easy to sub 30 with that relic list especially since there's no OK for critfix.

eelmonger
Jun 20, 2008

rabidsquid posted:

1/11 thancred ssb :unsmigghh:

Which one? One of his is a rare +wind on a physically oriented weapon.

Meanwhile, I was hoping for some XIV or 0 synergy and got Aerith BSB1 (dupe)/11. I need to stop pulling on these. Although, in theory, the pools are only going to get better now that we're done with new SSBs.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

So JP's new daily draw rates... 3% for 6* (up from 0,001%) and 11,2% for 5* (up from 0.010%). That seems pretty high, might actually get stuff from that fairly regularly.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Avalerion posted:

So JP's new daily draw rates... 3% for 6* (up from 0,001%) and 11,2% for 5* (up from 0.010%). That seems pretty high, might actually get stuff from that fairly regularly.

Wow that's huge. That's basically a free 5* every 9 days and a free 6* roughly each month on average.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

I said earlier than Cloud is probably my 2nd best physical wind character now with his BSB2/Glint/OSB but after looking at his ability access and the multipliers on his BSB2 commands it's uh... a bit dire looking. I know he gets Doublecast Combat as an LM2 and I do also happen to have an LMR for him as well (Chance to gain quickcast when using wind abilities) but does that all offset his lack of real wind options and a bad multiplier on his burst commands?

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

we've got the wind quadstrike now, but yeah cloud has really lovely ability access for his element and LM

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Yea the bsb2 is nothing impressive nowadays but they did just gave us a wind quadstrike tailor made for him, you'd probably power up with glint then use that the osb rather than his burst.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Am I missing something here? I know we got a wind quadstrike but Cloud only has 4* Spellblade access.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

His regular dive unlocks 5* spellblade.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
I feel like Cloud is very underpowered as a wind dude. Celes USB + Snowspell Strike seems way more powerful than anything Cloud can do with his BSB2.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

FWIW, the CMD1 is half the potency of Omega Drive, so it will do more damage than OD on a 50% wind weak boss. It's also classified as a combat ability, so it will trigger his LM2. Presumably you can triple cast it if you you both his LM2 and wind w-cast LMR equipped, though I don't think that's better than Roaring Quadstrike with LM1 and wind LMR.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

And Cloud with his usb1/2 breaks the game, so that's not a fair comparison. Without either though - yea he's just pretty decent.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

it's been a long time since ultra cross-slash broke much of anything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Avalerion posted:

His regular dive unlocks 5* spellblade.

:doh:

From the sounds of it, it's worth diving him for the Spellblade upgrade but maybe not so much the full legend dive. Glint into Quadstrike spam into OSB is probably the way to go for what I have. I don't have his super cool LMR but a quickcast cycler will still probably be neat to have around on him.

Thanks for the input. I basically never pull for Cloud because he's overrated trash so having the game dump two of his relics in my lap is certainly something.