Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

That's good. Roll with the punches. That's the first step of change.
You're putting an awful lot of energy into defending a weirdo comic book loving manchild. :thunk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Pope Corky the IX posted:

I’m sorry I’m saying mean things about the guy that made the movies you loved in middle school.

Except that's not what you did, say mean things all you like (Kevin Smith movies didn't exist until I was in college, kiddo, so I've never been particularly impressed with him)

What you did is project your weird hate fantasies into a complicated relationship between an addict and his friend, and totally ignored the fact that the guy got clean with his friend's help and made a video thanking him.

The fact that you don't get how incredibly offensive this is to anyone who struggles with addiction issues - and the fact that you're now moving the goalposts and pretending that I'm disgusted on behalf of an imaginary Kevin Smith audience and not because you're a gross maladjusted piece of poo poo - is really Not A Good Look.

That's all I'll say about it, this is going slapfight. Get your dumb reply in and let's move on.

Casimir Radon posted:

You're putting an awful lot of energy into defending a weirdo comic book loving manchild. :thunk:

I don't think someone should be called a moral degenerate who abused a drug addict without proof, and as anyone whose seen me in the comic book thread knows this is not "an awful lot of energy" to any topic I choose to post about. But I'm done now because we're moving into the part where a couple of posters tag-team me into a slapfight. No thank you.

Megaman's Jockstrap fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Jul 10, 2018

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

Casimir Radon posted:

I’m sorry I’m saying mean things about the guy that made the movies you loved in middle school.

And the only thing I’m rolling with is that beautiful bean footage.

gotta love that epic GBS "U must be the Everest Climber if u dont think its epic that the Everest Climber dies" type logic

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Two people disagree with me. That right there is a tag team slapfight, my Daddy always used to say.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
no actually it is you who cares quite a lot

Barudak
May 7, 2007

muscles like this! posted:

The next Indiana Jones movie has had its release date pushed back to 2021. This would make Harrison Ford 79 goddamn years old at release.

Harrison Ford has been saving up his give a gently caress for this role so itll be like hes 40 years younger.

Seriously just hire a new Indiana Jones

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

I would be... unsurprised if the next Indiana Jones is a prequel set during like, World War I, and treats Young Indiana Jones Chronicles like how Star Wars has been treating the EU.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Barudak posted:

Harrison Ford has been saving up his give a gently caress for this role so itll be like hes 40 years younger.

Seriously just hire a new Indiana Jones
No, because they'd probably give it to Chris Pratt, and he couldn't pull it off.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Spin-off featuring Indiana Jones's teenage grandson, Fred, as he and his friends (and their Great Dane) travel the country solving mysteries.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Just give Indiana Jones to Jack Black already.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010
Ironically, the guy who couldn't quite play Han Solo could probably have done a pretty good job playing Indy

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
Shia Lebeouf is ready for his comeback!

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Harime Nui posted:

Shia Lebeouf is ready for his comeback!
Please no. Replace him with John Boyega, never say anything about it.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

Imagine liking Kevin Smith after the age of like 17 lmao.

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

Indiana Jones 5 is pushed to 2021 now, I have no confidence it will ever come out, plus Ford would 78 when that hits theaters. Unless he starts playing the one-eyed Old Indy like has been suggested here a few times

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Tars Tarkas posted:

Indiana Jones 5 is pushed to 2021 now, I have no confidence it will ever come out, plus Ford would 78 when that hits theaters. Unless he starts playing the one-eyed Old Indy like has been suggested here a few times

We're aware, yes.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Barudak posted:

Each subsequent delay on Indy 5 feels like somebody at Disney/Lucasfilm playing chicken with Ford. "Oh, we're still gonna do it...next year, maybe year after that. And you still want in on it? Okay. Super. Super. Actually it might be another year off. Still in? Really? poo poo."

Casimir Radon posted:

"There was an artifact, some mystical energy, a trial...listen, it's a long story." [does cool whip poo poo, stops a bad guy without even looking] "But it's me."

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
man some double post bull poo poo

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Retcon Last Crusade so that Indy drinks from the wrong cup, but doesn’t die. Then set Indiana Jones 5 like six months later.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Just make Indy a series of animated films

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Fart City posted:

Retcon Last Crusade so that Indy drinks from the wrong cup, but doesn’t die. Then set Indiana Jones 5 like six months later.

Thank God I only took a tiny sip!

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Davros1 posted:

Just make Indy a series of animated films

Indy/tintin crossover

AdmiralViscen
Nov 2, 2011

Jockstrap is right

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Casimir Radon posted:

or alicia vikander

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

The Joaquin Phoenix Joker movie has won the race to be the first Joker movie and starts filming in September with only $55 million as a budget. The Hangover director Todd Phillips is directing and cowrote the script with Scott Silver

quote:

which the studio describes as being an “exploration of a man disregarded by society [that] is not only a gritty character study, but also a broader cautionary tale.” .

Also autoplay videos that jump to the bottom of the screen when you scroll are the worst

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/joaquin-phoenixs-joker-origin-movie-officially-a-go-1126127

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Tars Tarkas posted:

The Joaquin Phoenix Joker movie has won the race to be the first Joker movie and starts filming in September with only $55 million as a budget. The Hangover director Todd Phillips is directing and cowrote the script with Scott Silver

Also autoplay videos that jump to the bottom of the screen when you scroll are the worst

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/joaquin-phoenixs-joker-origin-movie-officially-a-go-1126127

This sounds like a mad lib

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

And the only thing I’m rolling with is that beautiful bean footage.

Your Kevin Smith fanfic sucks

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Tars Tarkas posted:

Heck, it can’t be worse than Suicide Squad… but “gritty” and “Todd Phillips” don’t add up.

[Edit: In Kevin Smith news, I rewatched Dogma the other day. It still got some chuckles out of me but christ if they took all of the Bartleby and Loki scenes out besides the train and the ending it would be a significantly better film, like 99% of their screentime is them being chatty edgelords and it’s too much for a two hour goddamn film. Also my wife pointed out that Linda Fiorentino’s career ended pretty quickly after Dogma and, given that Weinstein produced the film, well…]

asecondduck fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Jul 11, 2018

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Joaquin Phoenix is Jared Leto if Jared Leto was actually good so I'm down

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Well let's be honest. The r rated comedy of the hangover is just suicide squad without the nasty green tint

I assume Joaquin Phoenix raped fewer people too so

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
Let's be even more honest. Nobody gives a poo poo about The Joker if Batman isn't involved.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

The Joker without Batman is just Taxi Driver, which is already lacking in Batman enough.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Casimir Radon posted:

It was pretty inconsistent with the rest of the movie. I imagine it might have been a bit of a mindfuck for kids getting their first exposure to Tom and Jerry through this.

How well do these pumped out Tom and Jerry movies do anyway?

Most kids are probably more familiar with Itchy and Scratchy than Tom and Jerry.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Most kids are probably more familiar with Itchy and Scratchy than Tom and Jerry.

Tom and Jerry are source material for memes, so I'm sure that's how most are going to be exposed to now.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
It's probably for the best that Tom and Jerry Kids is only remembered by me.

The Itchy and Scratchyland episode of The Simpsons had a bit where the gift shops are filled out with merchandise of secondary characters from an Itchy and Scratchy and Friends block from a few years earlier, I have to wonder if that was a reference to/jab at Tom and Jerry Kids. Or just miscellaneous cartoon variety blocks that introduce poorly received/remembered secondary characters. (Unrelated to the additional characters brought up in the episode where the original creator of Itchy sues the company for plagiarism)

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Basebf555 posted:

Let's be even more honest. Nobody gives a poo poo about The Joker if Batman isn't involved.

For real, even in the peak 90s people are buying comics edgy grimdark age, there was a point where DC launched a Joker solo comic series and even in at that place in time it totally flopped.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
I hope the Tom & Jerry brand lives on as long as Warner Brothers can find classic movies in their back catalogue to awkwardly shove them into.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

The Saddest Rhino posted:

or alicia vikander

She was a good Lara Croft and deserved to be in a better Tomb Raider movie.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

https://twitter.com/pixelatedboat/status/1016901738450731008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

lelandjs posted:

[Edit: In Kevin Smith news, I rewatched Dogma the other day. It still got some chuckles out of me but christ if they took all of the Bartleby and Loki scenes out besides the train and the ending it would be a significantly better film, like 99% of their screentime is them being chatty edgelords and it’s too much for a two hour goddamn film. Also my wife pointed out that Linda Fiorentino’s career ended pretty quickly after Dogma and, given that Weinstein produced the film, well…]

I think Smith himself said that he regretted casting Fiorentino because nobody got on with her on the set and in retrospect he would have cast Janeane Garofalo in her role instead.

I realise that saying women in Hollywood are "difficult to work with" and variations thereupon is a bit of a canard (for whatever it may be worth, I've heard she was not asked to return for the Men In Black sequel for the same reason) so maybe take it with a fairly large pinch of salt.