Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

pentyne posted:

The western with Worf and Alexander when Data's program infects the program and takes over all the characters.

A Fistful of Datas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Big Mean Jerk posted:

That’s bizarre, I never would have guessed anything less than 50 or 60 :eyepop:

It's really conspicuous if you do a Garak Watch.

That's a run where you only watch the episodes where he features prominently.

ramenpower
May 6, 2007

Society must take every means at its disposal to defend itself against the emergence of a parallel power which defies the elected power
Owns:
Avery Brooks' acting.
Everything Dukat did before demonic possession. Including the bajoran occupation.
Garak.
Kai Winns political ambitions.
Damar.
O'Brien's and Bashirs bromance.
Quark.
Jhadzia Dax.
Tony Todd (as both Kurn and old Jake)
The Defiant.
Cardassian architecture.
Space war.
Kang, Kor and Koloth.
Odo before he discovered sex.
The wormhole.
Major Kira being a major hotty, mirror universe or not.
Ben and Jake's father/son thing.
Martok.
Worf living sequestered on the nearest warship by choice.
Main theme.
Every joke made at O'Brien's expense.
Nog taking one for the team.
'in the pale moonlight'.

Does not own:
Cassidy Yates.
Killing off Gowron. (I understand it was necessary but Gowron was a good character once.)
Section 31.
Ezri Dax.
Eddington.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I don't think Ezri sucks, I just think they tried too hard to ingratiate her too fast with too many Ezri-centric plots. She's actually one of the most credible characters whenever she isn't pushed into some bizarre romance plot that doesn't make sense.

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler
Ezri had the same problem as Commander Lochley in Babylon 5. Just should have left the post empty or promoted a secondary character.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

LongDarkNight posted:

Ezri had the same problem as Commander Lochley in Babylon 5. Just should have left the post empty or promoted a secondary character.

I think it would have worked if she'd stuck around but been made a secondary or better yet very tertiary character, suddenly going about her own new life the way that Trill are supposed to. I think it would have been poignant.

Pick fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Jul 11, 2018

ramenpower
May 6, 2007

Society must take every means at its disposal to defend itself against the emergence of a parallel power which defies the elected power
Or simply a mention a few episodes after Jhadzia dies, that the new Dax sent sisko a communication saying to let everyone know she remembers the best of each of them, but can't come back cause that's a taboo among trills. The Dax worm gets a happily ever after and there is a flavour of closure if not closure itself.

Also, Worf refusing to acknowledge that the Dax worm is itself a separate entity from the woman he loved was pretty bad. It's like hating the person who got your organ donating partners heart after they died.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Well, it can't be a taboo to be friend, because Curzon, but generally that her new host/role doesn't put her in a place where being on DS9 is good for her or probably anyone else, she's got a new life going forward, and then do that. the new science officer lady can be a Gorn.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
that's practically a 7 of 9 move too, cuz gorn have got like the galaxy's shortest skirts

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Have Ezri show up to DS9 to get the symbiote, but it's died a few minutes too soon. Ezri resumes the counselor post as an unjoined Trill

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

A.I. Borgland Corp posted:

Have Ezri show up to DS9 to get the symbiote, but it's died a few minutes too soon. Ezri resumes the counselor post as an unjoined Trill

Yes, but the only reason it makes sense that she's such a neurotic basket-case is because she was joined without the proper preparation and training.

Flutieflakes017
Feb 16, 2012

only if you've been in the deepest valley can you ever know how magnificent it is to be on the highest mountain

Pick posted:

he also killed a man over a scrap of food (which the nice man was saving for him). it wasn't read but he thought it was. also they probably had sex.

That episode. I remember watching it when it first and feeling troubled by it. It wasn’t violent or gory but it was disturbing and relatable.

When I think of Ds9 it’s one of the first things I think of.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!

LongDarkNight posted:

Miles thinks this might be his big chance. He's walking through a corridor talking to his wife...

"We're in crazy time, Keiko! I have years of experience, I think they're going to give me special promotion to an ACTUAL officer rank and make me the science officer! God, Jadzia dying might be the best thing that's ever happened to my career!"

*turns corner, entire senior staff is standing there, stunned...*

*cut to opening credits*

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

JediTalentAgent posted:

*turns corner, entire senior staff is standing there, in the middle of Rom's science officer promotion ceremony*

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I like how Ezri Dax was in Cube.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

I kinda like how Ezri was assigned to DS9. It speaks to a wartime expediency.

"Listen I know it's a Trill faux-pax to integrate a new host back where the old one lived and worked but you people desperately need therapy and well there's a war on have you SEEN how many Miranda-class ships we've lost?"

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Next Star Trek is a musical on a Lin Manuel Miranda class Starship

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

Next Star Trek is a musical on a Lin Manuel Miranda class Starship

the orville is already a thing.

FabioClone
Oct 3, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

This is why you shouldn't smoke even one marijuana.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

MA-Horus posted:

the orville is already a thing.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

MA-Horus posted:

I kinda like how Ezri was assigned to DS9. It speaks to a wartime expediency.

"Listen I know it's a Trill faux-pax to integrate a new host back where the old one lived and worked but you people desperately need therapy and well there's a war on have you SEEN how many Miranda-class ships we've lost?"

Deep Space Nine's therapist is Vic, and its assistant counselor is Quark. Ezri needs to be seeing a therapist.

ramenpower
May 6, 2007

Pick posted:

Well, it can't be a taboo to be friend, because Curzon, but generally that her new host/role doesn't put her in a place where being on DS9 is good for her or probably anyone else, she's got a new life going forward, and then do that. the new science officer lady can be a Gorn.

I'd argue against the Curzon point due to there had been a lot of time between Curzon mentoring Sisko and Sisko taking command of DS9. Also Curzon wasn't married to anyone. So Jhadzia, even with Curzon memories would likely see him on a totally platonic scale.

And we don't know how the trill worms balance host memories and their own personalities. Does it have its own?

TyrsHTML
May 13, 2004

Ezri was fine but I think the best way to do her is the "find the orb of the profits" plot, then she goes back to her ship. There. We see her, we see Dax is fine, and then we move on because we haven't needed a science officer since season 2 anyway.

God that loving Vulcan sniper episode was so loving bad. HE HATES SMILES!

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

That wasn't the point of that episode. It was more that even outwardly emotionless Vulcans can suffer deep emotional trauma from watching friends get vacuum locked or killed horribly in an awful war against a remorseless foe.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
i bet riker and guinan banged at least once. you think they were just making eyes to tease wesley? hell no, he's an enlightened federation man and she's a centuries-old space wanderer, they got no compunction against having a little fun.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

MA-Horus posted:

That wasn't the point of that episode. It was more that even outwardly emotionless Vulcans can suffer deep emotional trauma from watching friends get vacuum locked or killed horribly in an awful war against a remorseless foe.

That's what the episode's writers said was the intent, showing that the Dominion War was bad enough that even a Vulcan was driven to a psychotic break.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

ezri was best as bobby terrence's girlfriend on kids in the hall

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Bob Quixote posted:

What is the best holodeck episode?

Any series is acceptable.

It's none of them. In TOS if you wanted the crew to have a gangster adventure you went to to the gangster planet and that's how it should be goddamnit.

Actually its the one where Bashir and Garak are trapped in a super campy James Bond sim and O'Brien is like an assassin with a dumb looking eagle eye patch and it rules.

The one where the Voyager crew does Flash Gordon and befriend Satan's Robot is real good

e: Bride of Chaotica

corn in the bible fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Jul 11, 2018

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

So the reason the people interviewing about Bashir's life never even thought to talk to Garak? Obviously the obsidian order hacked and deleted any references to Garak in any log entries Bashir may have recorded.

Telarra
Oct 9, 2012

So the reason the people interviewing about Bashir's life never even thought to talk to Garak? Obviously the obsidian order hacked and deleted any references to Garak in any log entries Bashir may have recorded.

Accomplished by their very self-motivated agent on DS9 who operates under the guise of a tailor.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Actually, it is because in the future middle easterners are still considered more suspicious than Cardassians

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Moddington posted:

Accomplished by their very self-motivated agent on DS9 who operates under the guise of a tailor.

The only Cardassian tailor I know if on DS9 is Garak, so you must be mistaken, as he definitely isn't a spy. Maybe Quark could have done it, he still has Cardassian override codes to a lot of the station.

naem
May 29, 2011

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
I like to think that Ezri's entire purpose in season 7 was to get epically owned by Garak in that one episode. A worthy purpose.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

counterfeitsaint posted:

I like to think that Ezri's entire purpose in season 7 was to get epically owned by Garak in that one episode. A worthy purpose.

She drops the hammer just as hard on Worf. "The Klingon Empire is dying, and I think it deserves to die."

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Cythereal posted:

She drops the hammer just as hard on Worf. "The Klingon Empire is dying, and I think it deserves to die."

I liked that :perfect:

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Cythereal posted:

Yeah that's true. So that's two reasons to exist. Did Jadzia have that many in 6 seasons previously? She facilitated making Kurzon-Odo.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Curzodo is either a suspect ship or a delicious Latin American condiment

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

https://twitter.com/HaskellBlurry/status/1017161332557262850
https://twitter.com/HaskellBlurry/status/1017164382697074688