Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

I always thought Grimes was a reference to Frank Grimes somehow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

I think my 20 years as hurricane chaser might be a little relevant ive been through more hurricanws than moat shiitty newscasters
If the cia came to musk to raise a sub off the sea floor hed make an underwater helicopter.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Fleetwood Crack posted:

What's the public masturbation story? I missed that.

Literally every story about Elon Musk is about public masturbation

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Thank You,
Lord JESUS
FOR
ELON MUSK

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Donovan Trip posted:

in this thread people that don't understand the value of rockets capable of re-entry

But he apparently isn't fond of unions, and that's a Whammy.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

They are like 6000 pounds dude. That's a lot of mass to slow down.

That's like half the weight of a light truck but I guess you can't use truck brakes on a sedan for some reason

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Donovan Trip posted:

He's a good man I don't see the problem

He's a billionaire which automatically makes him not a good man, but he's also demonstrably not a good man for other reasons

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

Can people plz stop giving him credit for the space stuff? It’s not like he’s in there designing rockets or welding things.

In short, Elon sucks but his mom is hot

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

QuarkJets posted:

That's like half the weight of a light truck but I guess you can't use truck brakes on a sedan for some reason

Are you saying that a light truck weighs 12,000 pounds? I mean, you did say that. But do you think that?

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

QuarkJets posted:

Lol

Anyways don’t Tesla’s get up and go real quick? Like 0 to 60. Bad brakes if so.

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

I think my 20 years as hurricane chaser might be a little relevant ive been through more hurricanws than moat shiitty newscasters
They have an issue thats being ignored im guessing till somebody dies but braking distance is all over the place in tests and it gets worse with each stop. It will absolutely kill somebody. It makes absolutely no sense and i have no idea how they hosed up brakes that bad. It does dramatically worse than it should on paper.

E: and lol teslas claims its 20ft shorter than anyone has ever managed to do in a test. They are full of poo poo. He wants to sell this future poo poo but like cant get braking right with 50+ year old technology.

DogonCrook fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Jul 11, 2018

Doctor Dogballs
Apr 1, 2007

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

GORDON posted:

Are you saying that a light truck weighs 12,000 pounds? I mean, you did say that. But do you think that?

lol. he also said

QuarkJets posted:

He's a billionaire which automatically makes him not a good man

:jerkbag:

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Elon has a cunning solution to those brake tests that aren't going so well:

quote:

Tesla CEO Elon Musk appears to have asked engineers at Tesla's factory in Fremont, California, to remove a standard brake test, called the brake-and-roll test, from the tasks Model 3 cars must complete to move through production, according to internal documents seen by Business Insider.

http://uk.businessinsider.com/tesla-elon-musk-orders-engineers-to-stop-brake-and-roll-testing-2018-6?r=US&IR=T

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

what the hell kind of billionaire do you think is a good person

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe

DogonCrook posted:

They have an issue thats being ignored im guessing till somebody dies but braking distance is all over the place in tests and it gets worse with each stop. It will absolutely kill somebody. It makes absolutely no sense and i have no idea how they hosed up brakes that bad. It does dramatically worse than it should on paper.

E: and lol teslas claims its 20ft shorter than anyone has ever managed to do in a test. They are full of poo poo. He wants to sell this future poo poo but like cant get braking right with 50+ year old technology.

6000lbs on standard-size brake rotors with whatever caliper was cheapest. They're probably pushing those brakes to the absolute limit and that's why there's brake fade going on. Can't wait till someone aggressively corners after a long ride and misses a turn entirely.

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

"Elon added more color to the update in a second tweet, noting that the braking and user interface (UI) updates were for all Model 3’s, not just the new ones it was building moving forward. He also noted two hardware updates that Tesla had identified to address other concerns raised by Consumer Reports — a quieter windshield"

This motherfucker calls a windshield loving hardware ive never been so goddamned triggered by a nerd. gently caress.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Tetracube posted:

what the hell kind of billionaire do you think is a good person

Jesus Christ has billions of souls in his portfolio, the Book of Life, and he's the original "angel investor"

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Jul 11, 2018

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

hey op check it out: Elon Sucks

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Pawn 17 posted:

I always thought Grimes was a reference to Frank Grimes somehow.

:same:

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HePVTmr_CDM

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

This billionaire businessman has one trick to solve safety check failures! Consumer protection advocates hate him!

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
I like how he made a bunch of noise about sending a submarine to let the kids get out but it was going to take 17 hours for the sub to get there and 8 kids were already out before the shipping started

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
maybe that sub was never actually relevant

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

let it mellow posted:

I like how he made a bunch of noise about sending a submarine to let the kids get out but it was going to take 17 hours for the sub to get there and 8 kids were already out before the shipping started

He actually dropped it off on the way to shanghai to announce a new factory he cant afford. True story.

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

let it mellow posted:

Elon Musk queries expertise of Thai cave rescue officials

quote:

Entrepreneur turns on mission leader who rejected his offer of a submarine

while Narongsak Osatanakorn, the head of the joint command centre co-ordinating the operation, acknowledged Musk’s offer he said that the mini submarine would not have been practical for the cave rescue.

“Even though their equipment is technologically sophisticated, it doesn’t fit with our mission to go in the cave,” Osatanakorn told reporters.

quote:

In response, Musk said Osatanakorn was “AKSHULLY not the subject matter expert”, adding that he believed he had been “inaccurately described as rescue chief”, and should be more accurately referred to as the “former Thai provincial governor”.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Elon Musk hasn't been this excited to deliver his miniature sub to boys in Pattaya since his Paypal days.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
Can't do poo poo for trapped kids on earth. Robocars be crashing. What happens when the most minor of technical snafus occurs on a short space flight?

Death. Death, for sure.

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician
greetings fellow gbs poors i too unflinchingly believe every hit piece about musk with my literally broken brain and crippling amount of debt. at least hating him brightens my day, no matter how terrifyingly futile such pointless babyrage actually is i just don't think about it

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Nice meltdown

Crypto Cobain
Jun 17, 2018

by Reene

tetsuo posted:

greetings fellow gbs poors i too unflinchingly believe every hit piece about musk with my literally broken brain and crippling amount of debt. at least hating him brightens my day, no matter how terrifyingly futile such pointless babyrage actually is i just don't think about it
lol I'm a successful attorney, doesn't mean i can't hate on idiot egomaniac billionaires.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Musk needs to get on with research into stasis for interstellar travel and then test it on himself for at least 50 years.

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

https://twitter.com/johnlevenstein/status/1016330339805888512?s=21

And then he was swarmed by Elon Musk’s fans

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
Elon Musk, billionaire genius, has to move his space-age cars across a parking lot with an internal combustion forklift to get them to the assembly tent

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Roadster only weighs 2700 pounds. Fyi.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Not a single fucking olive in sight
I do almost want to give Musk some credit for taking some literally off the shelf machine vision technology:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXpiyLUEOOY

Like you could buy it on store shelves and add it to any shitbox you wanted and everyone else was already integrating as in a "Hey, this might stop you from mowing down pedestrians" technology and said gently caress it, this can drive a car on it's own as the manufacturer was screaming No! No! Stop! You are going to kill somebody!"

Then it actually killed some people and he is still like "Hey, give me thousands of dollars right now and your car will drive itself soon!" like somewhere legally speaking between now and never and people are still lining up for it.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

I heard that we've got three men stranded in space on Apollo 13. I have collected rubber bands to bring our boys home safe and sound.

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
LOL how the gently caress do you gently caress up braking on it then?

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

:discourse:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crypto Cobain
Jun 17, 2018

by Reene