Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Sounds like it might have been an admin gimmick thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Adminbus, probably.

ghost sex
May 19, 2013

yeah the cars/tanks/trucks that gently caress absolutely everything up are some silly in-testing feature and only spawned when admins are goofing around

ghost sex fucked around with this message at 06:16 on Jul 10, 2018

S w a y z e
Mar 19, 2007

f l a p

Aahh that's what I was wondering about, thanks.

Also thanks to everyone who attended my Pathology class today, I'm sorry class got interrupted by us all vomiting bees everywhere and snapping our fingers off, at least we didn't instagib

OH and I think I realized how diseases keep getting out of containment: when something farts or sneezes, I don't think it's handled by the atmospheric engine, I think it just creates a 4x4 "contagious zone" that can go through walls. So if you're standing by the Pathology machine and a monkey gets close to the isolation door and sneezes, you catch it (I don't even think internals are a sure thing). So the isolation room fix would just be moving the cell at least 3 cells away from any walkable area, and to add another airlock containing that area.

S w a y z e fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Jul 11, 2018

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
deja vu I just been in this place before higher on the streets and*SCREAMING

Erev
Jun 9, 2013

Its windows. Windows don't block diseases. We got it fixed once upon a time but the fix looks to have been overriden.

Thanks for running classes. I've been out of game for probably over a year and I'm glad the knowledge continues.

Edit: And remember full internals will also block diseases if you want to be safe. (I typically don't.) Remember that this includes gloves. I once got someone in space, wearing a spacesuit sick through the Path window cause he wasn't wearing gloves.

Erev fucked around with this message at 07:32 on Jul 11, 2018

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Is it acceptablr to drink the pathogen samples if you're a clown/staff assistant/captain

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Isaac posted:

Is it acceptablr to drink the pathogen samples if you're a clown/staff assistant/captain

Yes/Yes/Yes

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Ill add it to my odd cigarette and ??? Pill route

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Isaac posted:

yes

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Is it ever not okay to gently caress yourself up for no good reason?

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
If you gently caress yourself up in a way that is hurting others you start to walk the line a bit

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
I dunno nobody ever got mad at me for setting myself on fire so long as the fire was nearish a fire extinguisher.

Then again I always ended up blowing up toxins. Aside from the one time i smoked a cigarette and somehow blew up the entirety of botany. I'm pretty sure I adminhelped saying "er, so in advance i'm sorry, but what the gently caress"

Quicksilver6
Mar 21, 2008

dogstile posted:

I dunno nobody ever got mad at me for setting myself on fire so long as the fire was nearish a fire extinguisher.

Then again I always ended up blowing up toxins. Aside from the one time i smoked a cigarette and somehow blew up the entirety of botany. I'm pretty sure I adminhelped saying "er, so in advance i'm sorry, but what the gently caress"

Didn't you know smoking kills?!

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

I like the new-ish fire timer. It lets me know when I have to reapply fire to myself.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Sometimes i hook myself up to an IV of george melonium and see if medbay is willing to diagnose my constant explosions

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
Drinking all the pathogen samples won't do much as the baseline samples don't seem potent enough to actually cause you to catch anything. Might need to wait for someone to whip up something rude.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
You can learn a janky method to make a basic superbug by basically splicing all of your symptoms from the samples, but even that would be considered very advanced by other department's standards.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
I just realized that this month's Asse Daye is Friday the 13th.

I expect glorious stories.

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012

Isaac posted:

Sometimes i hook myself up to an IV of george melonium and see if medbay is willing to diagnose my constant explosions

fill it from mystery pill bottles for extra fun

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Mystery pill bottles is my go to for "i don't really know what to do this round" so I just eat a bunch and wait for the inevitable screaming

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Are ??? Pills completely random? They seem skewed toward poisons in my experience

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
More chems are bad to ingest than are good to ingest, and a mixture of random chems will often cause a bunch of weird or bad effects simultaneously, making things seem even worse than they are.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
The other night i got the royal flush of a werewolf serum cigarette during a traitor round and the crew just owned me cause im not very robust

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Isaac posted:

The other night i got the royal flush of a werewolf serum cigarette during a traitor round and the crew just owned me cause im not very robust

Pubby Mc Pubby Farts on werewolf's face!
Jay Wolff Farts on werewolf's face!
HalpIvebeenturnedintomonkey Farts on werewolf's face!
IBM Computer Farts on werewolf's face!
werewolf screams!

ghost sex
May 19, 2013

Isaac posted:

Are ??? Pills completely random? They seem skewed toward poisons in my experience

unlike oddcigs/centcomm ice creams, yeah, there's a finite list the designer drugs pull from and they're like 90% chemicals what'll do bad poo poo to your space mans

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Pro Puffs and ??? pills pull from a whitelist. Oddcigs have a blacklist of game-breaking chems. The ice cream at Centcom can be any chem.

I ate QGP ice cream and disappeared.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Luigi Thirty posted:

Pro Puffs and ??? pills pull from a whitelist. Oddcigs have a blacklist of game-breaking chems. The ice cream at Centcom can be any chem.

I ate QGP ice cream and disappeared.

You think you're safe, then an admin replaces the ??? pills with george melonium

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
The worst secret random chem is getting nitro in a cigarette and getting gibbed when you drop it

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

If you put embalming fluid into the deep fryer, can you pickle-fry yourself and anyone who eats you get poisoned?

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

Heartcatch posted:

If you put embalming fluid into the deep fryer, can you pickle-fry yourself and anyone who eats you get poisoned?

Ill meet you in the kitchen in 5 minutes

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."

Heartcatch posted:

That gives me a wonderfully stupid idea for something to do as a traitor chef with the "die a glorious death" objective and a high-profile assassination target. Get a bunch of Syndicate Sauce, mindslave someone, the deep fry yourself after leaving orders with your mindslave to use all the Syndie Sauce on you and feed you to your target. Seems like the most SS13 way to assassinate someone.

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Isaac posted:

Ill meet you in the kitchen in 5 minutes

Round is about to end. I'll be ready next set.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Archenteron posted:

I just realized that this month's Asse Daye is Friday the 13th.

I expect glorious stories.

Space was turned into an ocean of spiders. Obviously, everyone did their best to open every pod bay door and break every window to let the spiders in! By the end, nearly everyone either drowned or beat themselves to death trying to shake the spiders off.

And then space was turned into an ocean of pepperoni.

I succumbed to a deluge of pepperoni and spiders, cursing the day I decided to come back as a private investigator.

(NOTE: You can and WILL yell as you move through a tile of spiders. Not many had medical access, so they were the first to go. I did, however, so my screams were heard non-stop between OH GOD SPIDERS and YEOWCH THIS STYPTIC POWDER)

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
After holding a dude hostage in science and making four canister bombs, I walked by in plain sight with a can bomb while security was dealing with a non violent vampire. As they decided to start a trial for the vampire to determine his fate, all four bombs went off. I was caught trying to flee the station, but was finally captured on the shuttle, and knocked down.

Emma Yorkshire says, “Any last words?”

Hank Hill says, “HEY HEY HEY, ITS FAT ALBERT”

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
Two machomen grabbed a guy at the same time and tore him in half so hard he had two ghosts

:stonk:

PopeCrunch
Feb 13, 2004

internets

Yyyeah. After watching that go down, I think it's time to retire the 'die a glorious death' objective. Ain't nobody topping getting your immortal soul rent in twain.

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011

Pathology happened. Pathology gave us bees. Pathology gave us gibs.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

PopeCrunch posted:

Yyyeah. After watching that go down, I think it's time to retire the 'die a glorious death' objective. Ain't nobody topping getting your immortal soul rent in twain.

This is a coward's answer. Seeing a man get his soul torn in half is merely the benchmark for further glory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
What if you got gibbed and all your pieces landed in basketball hoops