Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Venom Snake posted:

The french are far, far more interested in dumb nationalist land grabs than the Germans are lol

The fact that the French are currently not a militarily belligerent country is just a brief historical anomaly. When Nato and the EU collapse, they'll return to form, guaranteed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Guy Goodbody posted:

The fact that the French are currently not a militarily belligerent country is just a brief historical anomaly. When Nato and the EU collapse, they'll return to form, guaranteed.

what's the american leftist's view on the french intervention in mali again?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Whorelord posted:

I don't know what that is

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

lol

Serf
May 5, 2011

bring the troops home

all of them

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

steinrokkan posted:

You would fit right in.

The entirety of my dad's side of the family sans his parents was wiped out in the Lithuanian pogroms in the 30's so no, I don't think I would

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

Whorelord posted:

Guy Goodbody posted:

correct

Serf
May 5, 2011

Guy Goodbody posted:

unironically the right position

Iridium
Apr 4, 2002

Wretched Harp
https://twitter.com/TheOnion/status/1016768591478382592

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

https://twitter.com/FeministApparel/status/988130426710618112

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.
Europe made it's bed when it collectively decided to outsource it's defence to a foreign power. Crying foul when that power proves erratic is a bit silly

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

steinrokkan posted:

You would fit right in.

Surprisingly many self described progressives from the US have talked themselves into classifying entire nations as literally subhuman to justify their reflexive dismissal of any form of American foreign policy with a military component, even if it's consensual. You will notice the same thing in Chapo whenever anything east of the Elbe comes up.

Poor widdle European

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
there are still plenty of european military contractors, exporting their stuff to the middle east or whatever, so it's not going to be that difficult for them to begin rearmament.

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
e.g. the newly unveiled south korean fighter jet (an f-22 copycat) uses european missiles: https://www.defensenews.com/air/2018/06/29/south-korea-unveils-first-images-of-kf-x-design-with-european-missiles/

Your Parents
Jul 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich

israel is literally arming these guys btw

Your Parents
Jul 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

They don't need skinheads when it's the Polish government doing its own Holocaust denial.

saying "polish holocaust" and acting as if the poles are uniquely complicit and responsible is holocaust denial.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
lmao overnight in this thread 'American imperialism is bad but Russian imperialism? Russian imperialism is really good."

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

fool_of_sound posted:

lmao overnight in this thread 'American imperialism is bad but Russian imperialism? Russian imperialism is really good."

america has never given a gently caress about eastern europe, sorry you're learning this now

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
literally the only reason the baltics are in nato is to be a buffer state in case Soviet Union 2 fires up so they can't get our actual allies

Serf
May 5, 2011

what if you're just as opposed to russian imperialism but you can only influence (and not even really then) american imperialism

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Get this: both American and Russian imperialism are bad.

Serf posted:

what if you're just as opposed to russian imperialism but you can only influence (and not even really then) american imperialism

then do not post at length about how Latvians are alcoholic antisemites who deserve to be dominated by Russia. (i know you weren't the poster saying that)

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Serf
May 5, 2011

fool_of_sound posted:

i would perhaps go so far as to say imperialism is bad

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Peanut President posted:

literally the only reason the baltics are in nato is to be a buffer state in case Soviet Union 2 fires up so they can't get our actual allies

messed up that NATO drafts unwilling members into NATO as buffers.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

mlmp08 posted:

messed up that NATO drafts unwilling members into NATO as buffers.

i think the term is "tricked" but yes

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

Peanut President posted:

i think the term is "tricked" but yes

those Baltics and their lack of agency

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I mean everybody's getten tricked agency or no

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch

fool_of_sound posted:

then do not post at length about how Latvians are alcoholic antisemites who deserve to be dominated by Russia. (i know you weren't the poster saying that)

this is a post that definitely happened and also this statement is extremely true and who doesn't want to be dommed by a russian bear anyways so what's the big deal :confused:

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

agency is a superpower that means things always work out for you and no bad things happen

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

did the red panels guy rebrand after getting Dragged On Line too much

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Guy Goodbody posted:

The fact that the French are currently not a militarily belligerent country

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

420 Gank Mid posted:

agency is a superpower that means things always work out for you and no bad things happen

Let's protect the savages of the world from their own silly mistakes and flawed agency by dividing them between global empires, that sounds like a splendid idea the anti-imperialists itt are currently rallying around.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

SpaceGoku posted:

did the red panels guy rebrand after getting Dragged On Line too much

Yes, that's literally what happened

They look even more like klurfs now

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Not sure what this weirdo is complaining about but the Polish and Ukrainian governments are Neo-Nazi organizations currently giving antisemetic speeches and carrying out literal pogroms

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

dont post nazi smorky unironically shithead

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

Darkman Fanpage posted:

he’s like the scorpion on the tale of the scorpion and the frog. cannot help it.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Darkman Fanpage posted:

It came from another thread. I'm happy that I don't know who shmorky is though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

that cartoon could just as easily come from a leftist site