Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

ColdPie posted:

Hey, don't joke. You get a lineup of dudes pissing into empties, you call me. I'm serious.

I have used the phrase “he was saying “human being” like old-timey telegrams said “STOP”” to accurately describe more people than I would like to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ryonguy
Jun 27, 2013

Johnny Aztec posted:

He's broke because he drops 150 dollars for a lid

OOOh right. Forgot he's literally always greened up.

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

ryonguy posted:

OOOh right. Forgot he's literally always greened up.

you gotta respect one that's got their priorities straight tho

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Bust Rodd posted:

Teodor asleep at the keyboard with "Meg White c'mon SHOW ME HER NAKED" left in his google search bar is about as close to seeing a man's soul laid bare as you can get in a webcomic
Who among us...

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Everyone in the Onstad House is definitely part of Ray's entourage.

Can someone link me to the thrift store arc?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Ugly In The Morning posted:

I have used the phrase “he was saying “human being” like old-timey telegrams said “STOP”” to accurately describe more people than I would like to.

This describes the people you end up meeting in High School for many, many people

ryonguy
Jun 27, 2013

Halloween Jack posted:

Can someone link me to the thrift store arc?
Here you go. I forgot the reason T went was to get ebay scraps.

http://achewood.com/index.php?date=12062013

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Halloween Jack posted:

I feel like the only two who would even try to say otherwise are Cornelius (who is retired and fairly well-to-do by his airs) and Roast Beef (who totally is, and knows it deep down, but dude does not want to be dependent as a result of Circumstances, and has his pride).

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I'm sure both would reject the term out of pride, but Cornelius pays the bills by hack writing and Roast Beef still lives in Ray's pool house as far as I can remember.

Wasn't there a debate ITT some while back, where someone was disappointed that Cornelius and Teodor were conning Ray?

Meat Beat Agent
Aug 5, 2007

felonious assault with a sproinging boner
https://twitter.com/AchewoodNC/status/1016870944516734977

works every time

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Ray's game is a melted down chili pepper nailed to a board

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Phy posted:

Ray's game is a melted down chili pepper nailed to a board

When his game approaches a dog raises its' hackles

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:
I feel like Ray won't let people straight up mooch, but he's also oblivious enough that somebody could just hang out a lot and crash in spare bedroom #87 and subsist off whatever food Ray orders for everybody for quite some time before he got wise, if ever.

ryonguy
Jun 27, 2013
Ray's thing with Roast Beef is such as I would be with an old friend if I won the lottery. "Dude, you wanna just hang... forever?"

Roast Beef probably pays Ray rent but Ray gives it away to a charity he is pretty sure Beef likes.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

ryonguy posted:

Ray's thing with Roast Beef is such as I would be with an old friend if I won the lottery. "Dude, you wanna just hang... forever?"

Roast Beef probably pays Ray rent but Ray gives it away to a charity he is pretty sure Beef likes.

Dont forget that Beef is actually rich/rich-ish and Ray handles the money for him.
Beef told him to give most of it away, but I am sure Ray stuck it in investments for his buddy.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

I was thinking of that, too, beef pretty much was like "yeah make this all go away" and ray did whatever with it. His accounts with the bank of -=ray=- are quite far in the positive. I assume rent being covered was part of that deal.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Bust Rodd posted:

Teodor asleep at the keyboard with "Meg White c'mon SHOW ME HER NAKED" left in his google search bar is about as close to seeing a man's soul laid bare as you can get in a webcomic

The shot of the sun rising in the first panel just gains this beautiful pathetic quality with the context of the following panels :allears:

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe

El Gallinero Gros posted:

When his game approaches a dog raises its' hackles

If Ray's game touches some eggs the mother bird will kill the eggs

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Javid posted:

the bank of -=ray=-

It looks like you're slipping on money

TenKindsOfCrazy
Aug 11, 2010

Tell me a story with my pudding and tea.

Javid posted:

I feel like Ray won't let people straight up mooch, but he's also oblivious enough that somebody could just hang out a lot and crash in spare bedroom #87 and subsist off whatever food Ray orders for everybody for quite some time before he got wise, if ever.

Ray doesn't care much about money but he knows what's up. "Oh. Hey T. You never call any more." He saw Teodor coming over any time like the place was his playground and pointed it out. Teodor just joked it off but it was there.

Teodor is also all the things a woman waits for a man to grow out of but that's another discussion.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Ray will not get mad at you for taking advantage of his generosity, he will get mad at you for disrespecting yourself that way

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

TenKindsOfCrazy posted:

Teodor is also all the things a woman waits for a man to grow out of but that's another discussion.

Taking care of Phillipe and being a good cook?

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
He's insecure and has poor self-esteem. He has many good qualities and many skills, but the second he approaches the prospect of a romantic partner or a career he immediately begins second-guessing himself, putting himself down, and spinning elaborate fantasies about how everyone secretly regards him with pity and contempt.

TenKindsOfCrazy
Aug 11, 2010

Stringent posted:

Taking care of Phillipe and being a good cook?

The Phillipe thing is his only redeeming quality, and I've said that in this thread before I'm pretty sure. But he's whiny and aimless and pretentious and his whole thing seemed like he was waiting for the world to wake up and appreciate him. You know, as cartoon stuffed bears do.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
We know Onstad's initials are CTO so

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Halloween Jack posted:

He's insecure and has poor self-esteem. He has many good qualities and many skills, but the second he approaches the prospect of a romantic partner or a career he immediately begins second-guessing himself, putting himself down, and spinning elaborate fantasies about how everyone secretly regards him with pity and contempt.

I AM NOT- Oh Teodor. You mean Teodor.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Readers of Achewood sometimes think that they are like Ray, or Lyle, or Beef, or sometimes even Cornelius. But deep down these people know that they are like Teodor.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Bongo Bill posted:

Readers of Achewood sometimes think that they are like Ray, or Lyle, or Beef, or sometimes even Cornelius. But deep down these people know that they are like Teodor.

Same but Todd

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe
im pat

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
I’m roast beef but only the roast beef as he existed when readers found out he was the middle cat: not ray, not pat

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
I'm somebody's Magreaux Dog

ryonguy
Jun 27, 2013
If you don't know which ones of your friends is the Pat in your group, it is you.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

im the inexplicable southern uncle

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here
Just considering the main characters and excluding Philippe, the only one whose poo poo is more together where it counts than Teodore is Cornelius imo.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Stringent posted:

Just considering the main characters and excluding Philippe, the only one whose poo poo is more together where it counts than Teodore is Cornelius imo.

Lyle is multi skilled and makes a decent living from said skills
Andy designs the best barbecue sauce labels too

ryonguy
Jun 27, 2013

Calaveron posted:

He's an rear end in a top hat, but at least he's not a Pat-style rear end in a top hat.

TenKindsOfCrazy
Aug 11, 2010

Calaveron posted:

Lyle's time in Scotland (was it Scotland? I'm no Lyle) was amazing. Easily the best of all of them except for one tiny flaw.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

Scotland. He went to learn to make scotch.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Calaveron posted:

Who the hell is Andy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

ryonguy posted:

He's an rear end in a top hat, but at least he's not a Pat-style rear end in a top hat.

On the other hand, Pat doesn't seem to have had to go door to door to tell his neighbors about it.