Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Is this show
Gay?
Sad?
Sad and Gay?
What the hell is wrong with you people?
View Results

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

MikeJF posted:

I wonder if Blue could've taken a quad laser light cannon blast to the face.

She certainly couldn't have dodged it. Not even by jumping.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

So Math posted:

Maybe it was a part of that whole "who I am" laser, I think they were using she during the trial. That is, he didn't just tell them he's Pink Diamond, he got across that he's Pink Diamond's son.

Life would be so much easier if I could just psychically beam my pronouns into people's heads.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
So are Blue and Yellow Gregg's in-laws?

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

No. Unfortunately, common-law marriage is not recognized by Homeworld. Also, all other kinds of marriage.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
It's a shame Alexandrite couldn't get a chance to fight.

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.

MikeJF posted:

I wonder if Blue could've taken a quad laser light cannon blast to the face.

It might be able to poof her but I doubt anything short of a breaking point could shatter them.

So Math
Jan 8, 2013

Ghostly Clothier

Otherkinsey Scale posted:

Life would be so much easier if I could just psychically beam my pronouns into people's heads.

:same:

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Ohtsam posted:

It might be able to poof her but I doubt anything short of a breaking point could shatter them.

I know, I'm just thinking they really should keep those by the house.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
I'm fairly certain Greg could have broken their hearts.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I think my favorite thing about the development of Blue and Yellow Diamond is that to me at least, it really shows them in a new light as people who were consumed by grief for a dead sister they don't feel like they didn't show enough appreciation for in life.

I really hope they don't go ahead and backpedal them to being villains again.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord
All of rose's rose themed items are really funny and theatrical now that we know rose was a fake persona.

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Giant robots shouldn't fight!

I think blue will be more chill about things, but yellow will kinda still be villainous, just in a different way where she either is antagonistic about being duped, or becasue she expects steven to take up pinks duties, which include harvesting the earth.

Also, in random future episode specualtion, I think think Peri and Lapis are gonna fuse soon-ish, I also think there will be an episode about getting Dewey to move on from being mayor, its getting enough screentime that something has to happen and "he's sad so should have his job back" would be a bad message, esp considering the whole male-entitlement-in-nerd-culture thats an issue everywhere right now

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

It wouldn't be backpedaling to show them as villains because they haven't stopped being villains (yet).

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Bongo Bill posted:

It wouldn't be backpedaling to show them as villains because they haven't stopped being villains (yet).

Well, if you want to be technical, I think it would be lame if they don't follow through with what the previews seem to be suggesting.

Mostly because I want episodes of the Diamonds interacting with Greg and the townies.

Satchel and Trunk
Nov 4, 2008

Pocky In My Pocket posted:

I also think there will be an episode about getting Dewey to move on from being mayor, its getting enough screentime that something has to happen and "he's sad so should have his job back" would be a bad message, esp considering the whole male-entitlement-in-nerd-culture thats an issue everywhere right now

Did you miss Letters to Lars? Dewey is the donut man now, he’s already got a new job. Let the man pine over being rejected by Pearl with his new sadsack BFF, Jamie.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Roth posted:

Well, if you want to be technical, I think it would be lame if they don't follow through with what the previews seem to be suggesting.

Mostly because I want episodes of the Diamonds interacting with Greg and the townies.

Same, but instead of townies, the US National Guard.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
It would be fun to have a moment with Blue Diamond and Greg catching up, totally ignoring Yellow who is desperately trying to join the conversation. Just "All this time we were mourning the same Gem... who would have thought!" "Hey, I was mourning her too you know, Blue!" "Yes, but this human listened to me instead of trying to steamroll over me."

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

BioEnchanted posted:

It would be fun to have a moment with Blue Diamond and Greg catching up, totally ignoring Yellow who is desperately trying to join the conversation. Just "All this time we were mourning the same Gem... who would have thought!" "Hey, I was mourning her too you know, Blue!" "Yes, but this human listened to me instead of trying to steamroll over me."

It would be interesting if Greg ends up being the real key to bridging human/gem relations by showing Blue Diamond that humans are just like them instead of animals to be culled.

And the final title card has the show renamed to "Greg Universe".

AmiYumi
Oct 10, 2005

I FORGOT TO HAIL KING TORG

If no one else is gonna edit Greg into this, I guess I’ll have to.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
He really IS the party bard.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Pocky In My Pocket posted:

I think blue will be more chill about things, but yellow will kinda still be villainous, just in a different way where she either is antagonistic about being duped, or becasue she expects steven to take up pinks duties, which include harvesting the earth.

Also, in random future episode specualtion, I think think Peri and Lapis are gonna fuse soon-ish, I also think there will be an episode about getting Dewey to move on from being mayor, its getting enough screentime that something has to happen and "he's sad so should have his job back" would be a bad message, esp considering the whole male-entitlement-in-nerd-culture thats an issue everywhere right now

I think she'll start with "Pink get your gem outside of that human child right now. You are a diamond you cannot look like that. I don't want to hear your excuses about memories any more, you're coming out now to face to what you have done!"

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I'm picturing something more like "That is Pink's diamond. Give it back, you're a human. It doesn't even fit!"

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.
It's possible that the ending of the show is Steven willingly giving up the gem and managing to separate from it without dying, pink diamond reforming and going home with her sisters.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Everyone looks shocked except Pearl, who smiles beyond the drawn limit of her cheeks.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Ohtsam posted:

It's possible that the ending of the show is Steven willingly giving up the gem and managing to separate from it without dying, pink diamond reforming and going home with her sisters.

I'm gonna say no. That would totally eliminate any lessons the show has been teaching about appropriate ways to deal with grief and move on from death, along with removing any ability Steven has to keep helping Earth with the powers he's spent an entire show slowly developing.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

There’s no way Rose/Pink will be back at the end of the show. If she is, I’d be really bad due to the show not living up to its themes.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
I'm thinking at some point Blue and Yellow will let Steven be and just wait for the organic part to grow old and die, leaving behind the gem. The Diamonds already lived for 5750 years thinking Pink was dead, what's another 100 years give or take?

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord
The show is definitely going to end with everyone in town fusing or sending their energy to steven no matter what else happens

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Mraagvpeine posted:

I'm thinking at some point Blue and Yellow will let Steven be and just wait for the organic part to grow old and die, leaving behind the gem. The Diamonds already lived for 5750 years thinking Pink was dead, what's another 100 years give or take?

Yeah, what does happen after Steven dies? Does Rose just come back and be like “So, what did I miss? ...Why are you all looking at me like that?”

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
We don't actually know that Steven will ever die.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Steven's aging is messed up. It can be accelerated but also seems to have ground to a halt. It's more likely that Steven dies tearing the gem out of himself, and then Pink/Rose comes out and cries about it, restoring Steven to life with extradimensional pink hair.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Rand Brittain posted:

Steven will die impregnating connie in like 15 years to have 1/4th gem baby.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
Diamonds get what they want, exactly when they want it. If they want pink back I'm sure they'll try to get her back. Some enthusiasm and fondness for Pink might be lost learning that she was Rose Quartz and started her own rebellion.

I can't help but think that telling Blue and Yellow everything might not get the results they want. The gems were corrupted instead of destroyed? Maybe they'll try to finish the job.

Remember, Aquamarine is still out there and show remembers, there was a shot of Steven with one tear on his cheek like hers when he was singing about the wedding.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Incidentally, Steven's pink aura can be added to the list of weapons that can beat Aquamarine's wand.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Rand Brittain posted:

Yeah, if he ever masters shapeshifting he can remain immortal. The only issue is that none of his human friends and family will, so he gets the choice of watching his whole world age and die one person after another or joining them in death.

Satchel and Trunk
Nov 4, 2008
Is it just me or is it a very “mom” thing to do where Blue Diamond specifically rounds up her time spent grieving to 6000 years even though it was established the time since Pink was shattered was more like 5750 years? Always exaggerate by rounding up to lay on the guilt trip thicker perhaps?

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Satchel and Trunk posted:

Did you miss Letters to Lars? Dewey is the donut man now, he’s already got a new job. Let the man pine over being rejected by Pearl with his new sadsack BFF, Jamie.

BFF? No. I want a gay dude couple to go along with my lesbian kiss, and also for at least three different kinds of trans character. And a unicorn.

(the unicorn needs to be bisexual)

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

chitoryu12 posted:

Yeah, if he ever masters shapeshifting he can remain immortal. The only issue is that none of his human friends and family will, so he gets the choice of watching his whole world age and die one person after another or joining them in death.

My guess is if the show were to do one of those distant future epilogues we would see that Steven and Connie have become Stevonnie permanently

Also I have the feeling Lars won't be the last human in the cast to end up Pink before the show ends

Satchel and Trunk
Nov 4, 2008

T-man posted:

BFF? No. I want a gay dude couple to go along with my lesbian kiss, and also for at least three different kinds of trans character. And a unicorn.

(the unicorn needs to be bisexual)

That’s cool, I was just giving them a chance to get to know each other.

And Im pretty sure Bismuth is already our bisexual unicorn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

nine-gear crow posted:

Yeah, what does happen after Steven dies? Does Rose just come back and be like “So, what did I miss? ...Why are you all looking at me like that?”

There's a fan comic with that but it's really bad just like every other drawing and/or theory revolving around a dead child on a kids show.

Azza Bamboo posted:

Steven's aging is messed up. It can be accelerated but also seems to have ground to a halt. It's more likely that Steven dies tearing the gem out of himself, and then Pink/Rose comes out and cries about it, restoring Steven to life with extradimensional pink hair.

I don't know why people keep saying he's stopped aging after Steven's Birthday explicitly showed he was aging by having him grow a beard hair at the end (he even shaved said hair at the start of the most recent episode to remind folks!*) The boy is just a late bloomer.

*which I thought was hilarious because it totally reminded me of doing the same thing as an early teen

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Jul 11, 2018