Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

If you are reheating takeout or something, sure, but if not you'd still need to clean whatever you heated the food in. With the oven you can just line the pan with foil.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Subnautica is supposed to be good right, I just saw it's coming to PS4

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

an actual dog posted:

oh lol I hated Shadow Warrior 2's progen. It's a pretty good game but the first one is way better.
Yeah, I liked 1 better too.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

chumbler posted:

If you are reheating takeout or something, sure, but if not you'd still need to clean whatever you heated the food in. With the oven you can just line the pan with foil.

you can do that in the microwave too. try it immediately

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008

raditts posted:

What do you think of Issei Noodle? It's hit or miss for me but I don't know of any better ramen / Japanese places.

This is the first time I'm hearing about this place.

I don't know much about Japanese food, but after looking at Issei's location on a map I'd wager a bet you're better off walking a block and a half to Sprout and getting their S1 soup with egg noodles and tofu. A huge bowl full of delicious broth, veggies, and tofu. It's my wife and I's go-to food if we're not feeling well and don't have time to make chicken noodle at home.

Sprout rules. :allears:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

chumbler posted:

Not if all my meals come prepackaged with neat microwave heating times on them

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

What's the green liquid?

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

an actual dog posted:

I'm tired of progen too but 20XX is an exception it's good. I think the roguelike stuff just fits the structure of this kind of game really well, cause you get to choose which type of level and boss you're going to and therefore which upgrades you get. The devs have also spent a long time getting things just right and it shows.

I like the way it moves and sounds too. The art is kinda rough but it's also kinda charming, and there's cool details that make it more fun. I'm glad I took a chance on it.

imo, 20xx does a really good job copying the core mechanical fundamentals of mega man zero right down to the movement, but after like ten hours the procgen wears really thin and the lack of interesting level flow or variety and weak boss design makes it a lot less fulfilling to replay than the mega man games it takes influence from. i really wish it was like an off-brand mega man zero maker thing instead of a procgen game

it's not a bad game but mega man zero 2-4 are such perfect games when it comes to level design and comparing how it feels to blaze through the super deliberate, twisting stages in those games, 20xx being kind of the same thing with a bit more x influence and much flatter levels than even the best x games sucks out so much of what's interesting about those games to me

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Jul 11, 2018

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Heartcatch posted:

What's the green liquid?

Future Juice.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

dang now i'm thinking about how the megaman zero series came out when you were between the ages of 4 and 9

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

The Colonel posted:

imo, 20xx does a really good job copying the core mechanical fundamentals of mega man zero right down to the movement, but after like ten hours the procgen wears really thin and the lack of interesting level flow or variety and weak boss design makes it a lot less fulfilling to replay than the mega man games it takes influence from. i really wish it was like an off-brand mega man zero maker thing instead of a procgen game

I might get tired of it eventually but I still think 20XX rules. You're totally right tho a maker game would kick rear end.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Heartcatch posted:

What's the green liquid?

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Cowcaster posted:

dang now i'm thinking about how the megaman zero series came out when you were between the ages of 4 and 9

the first mega man game i played was x5 and that's probably why i hate it less than some people

dunno why my family bought mega man 64 instead of legends

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!

an actual dog posted:

I got the progen Mega Man X clone 20XX cause Tim Rogers was raving about it. It's not something I'd ever get normally but I'm glad I did, it's way more fun than it looks.

The game itself looks fine but I can't get past the character's arm in the main art!

Which is hypocritical because I've beaten Mega Man 1.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Cowcaster posted:

last week I had to humor a kid that wistfully reflected on his favorite retro game system, thats right its the wii u. only 2010 kids will remember

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
the girl x in 20XX looks fine but the zero stand-in is probably the ugliest thing in the entire game

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

homeless snail posted:

last week I had to humor a kid that wistfully reflected on his favorite retro game system, thats right its the wii u. only 2010 kids will remember

WiiU has the biggest virtual console selection. Checks out.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i know that my brother and one of my friends played through 20xx through co-op multiplayer so it has that going for it, i think they were pretty lukewarm on it as a game on its own though

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
The first mega man game I played was X. I started up the opening level while at a relative's house while I was 2, then the relative came in and started yelling at me for playing the game, saying he didn't tell me I was allowed to play it and he kept yelling til he made me cry and then he turned off the game console

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

loev 2 yell at 2 year olds until they cry like an well adjusted adult human

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Mak0rz posted:

WiiU has the biggest virtual console selection. Checks out.

:yeah:
With enough effort, the Wii U can emulate or natively run almost every preceding Nintendo console.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

First one I played was 3 or 4, at about the time when they came out. First one I saw was 2 after my brother rented it from Videotrend. For some reason I still remember getting one of those dumb cheap dollar store "laser swords" where it's just a clear piece of plastic with a battery operated light in the hilt when he rented it.

Mainly the reason why I liked them was at that time all games were hard to me, but Megaman games were cool enough to let me see most of the stages anyway.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Gonna shout my lungs out at some game-playing babies, that'll learn em

al-azad
May 28, 2009

My first Mega Man was 5 but I played Little Samson fist so Mega Man always felt slow and clunky to me.

Aside from X I don't think I've finished a numbered MM game.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I played Mega Man 2 a ton when I was a kid, and I was vaguely aware of the ones that came out after it up to 6 I think, because I rented a ton of games from a local game rental place. When Mega Man X came out I was very confused because I didn't know why they skipped all the way to 10 :v:

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

I remember Megaman 1 being like the 4th or 5th NES game we ever got way back in 198X. Being able to use boss powers after defeating them blew my little mind, and the instruction book was no help because not only did it not tell you about this, but it had instructions for things you couldn't actually do in the game, like crouching or simultaneous 2-player.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I wanna try Gran Turismo Sport but there's a 30GB patch rip

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

You know how someone inadvertently posted earlier a Twitter thread about two people hooking up on an airplane after switching seats?

Just read today that the woman who tweeted all that just issued an apology after the tweet led a bunch of people to dig up the other woman's identity and started harassing her.

Surprisingly that's not even the biggest thing this week that has me questioning why I even use social media

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

was that after she posted a weird video suggesting that her followers get "permish" for the womans personal info

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

You know how someone inadvertently posted earlier a Twitter thread about two people hooking up on an airplane after switching seats?

Just read today that the woman who tweeted all that just issued an apology after the tweet led a bunch of people to dig up the other woman's identity and started harassing her.

Surprisingly that's not even the biggest thing this week that has me questioning why I even use social media

https://lifehacker.com/stop-posting-pictures-of-strangers-on-social-media-1827447268

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

that person's brain has been severely poisoned by social media lol

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
turning someone's plane trip into a long twitter thread hyperfocusing on every slight movement they make being a clear sign of romantic feelings towards a person they just met while tweeting video footage of random people eating popcorn as they follow your entire thread of hyperfocusing on a perceived relationship between two strangers who had known each other for all of an hour is bad and it's insane that this is a thing that happened and then took several days for a number of people to realize it's weird and hosed up

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Don't use social media beyond staying in touch with friends you already knew IRL

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I couldn't even read the creepy original thread because it was mostly just pictures of her own face with words overlaid?? thats not how twitter works

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

homeless snail posted:

I couldn't even read the creepy original thread because it was mostly just pictures of her own face with words overlaid?? thats not how twitter works

I think it was originally an instagram story

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

social media companies keep inventing new ways for people to do horrible things with cell phones

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

an actual dog posted:

I think it was originally an instagram story
that still doesnt help me, the person that doesnt want to see her face

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

the Something Awful Internet Forum is a form of social media

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011