Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
if the market intended people to get to or from bumblefuck rural towns the market would provide a way

maybe if they had something worth selling, people would pay to go there. makes you think

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Dreylad posted:

i wonder if anyone has ever stopped and thought why rural communities have phone line access at all

gross government interventionism

truly the sickest perversion of a market economy

Dinosaurtrain
Mar 7, 2018

by R. Guyovich
but for reals why should my tax dollars pay for rich suburbanites to live on their dream hobby farms, to be helivaced when they server a limb with their John Deere riding lawn mower

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

what percentage of the rural population do you think that describes?

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes
Way more likely to fall off their equine investments.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Poor freckles, thought of ants and killed his ratfuck bourgie owner

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

What’s the urban equivalent of getting your arm sucked up an auger? Getting caught in an escalator?

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

trying to rent a 2-bedroom in 416

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes
Choking on the bone of your fried chicken waffle

Dinosaurtrain
Mar 7, 2018

by R. Guyovich

infernal machines posted:

what percentage of the rural population do you think that describes?

everyone that lives in Vernon or Salmon arm

Brandon Proust
Jun 22, 2006

"Like many intellectuals, he was incapable of scoring a simple goal in a simple way"

glorious hero of the revolution freckles, thought of ants and killed his ratfuck bourgie owner

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Stickarts posted:

What’s the urban equivalent of getting your arm sucked up an auger? Getting caught in an escalator?

salmonella from improperly handled avocado toast

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Postess with the Mostest posted:

Choking on the bone of your fried chicken waffle

this is a serious concern, which is why i only buy boneless waffles

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

chilling stuff

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

actually, realistically it's being maimed or killed by some fuckwad motorist while riding your bike on a marked but un-separated bike lane

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

I donno to me that more has the feel of a family getting killed by a drunk farmer at a rural unmarked intersection

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Stickarts posted:

I donno to me that more has the feel of a hockey team getting killed by a drunk farmer at a rural unmarked intersection

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

a national tragedy?

if only

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Stickarts posted:

slipping while biking across streetcar tracks in winter and flying headfirst into a privatized garbage truck

James Baud
May 24, 2015

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
This morning in "James Baud reads the newspaper" adventures:

"Up in the corporate seats, French President Emmanuel Macron reacted to the goal by shaking the hand of King Philippe of Belgium as FIFA president Gianni Infantino watched on between them."

Lol, Belgium has a king in 2018. What kind of joke country still has kings ... Oh wait.

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

vyelkin posted:

slipping while biking across streetcar tracks in winter and flying headfirst into a privatized garbage truck

that's the one

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

James Baud posted:

This morning in "James Baud reads the newspaper" adventures:

"Up in the corporate seats, French President Emmanuel Macron reacted to the goal by shaking the hand of King Philippe of Belgium as FIFA president Gianni Infantino watched on between them."

Lol, Belgium has a king in 2018. What kind of joke country still has kings ... Oh wait.

Macron views himself as emperor tho

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

Terror Sweat posted:

No.

Not an Emperor...

... a god.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Terror Sweat posted:

he's going to lose the next election so insanely hard and everyone will see it coming except him

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Terror Sweat posted:

emperors are always cooler than kings

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

Ready for Macron to reclaim Quebec for the Third French Empire

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012

Cool ads for a great product!!

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
https://twitter.com/sdbcraig/status/1019039548767027200?s=21

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

these people are getting involved in democracy, and writing their representatives for the first time! isn't that exciting? Well guess what: they're ONLY doing this, because the BC government has delayed Uber until 2019

This one is angry because she had to wait Fifteen Whole Goddamn Minutes for a cab once.

Let's see what her profile says - oh! She's a loving real estate parasite. A landlord basically.

My surprise level is off the charts!

Dinosaurtrain
Mar 7, 2018

by R. Guyovich
former hostess on a cruise line

is that code for whore

cougar cub
Jun 28, 2004

REAL ESTATE PARASITE

get out of your parents basement

cougar cub
Jun 28, 2004

IS THAT CODE FOR WHORE

careful now your woman hatred is showing

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

sounds like someone's a real estate parasite

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

"the only way you could possibly hate landlords is if you don't have one" lmao gtfo

cougar cub
Jun 28, 2004

ouch you got me right in the feels

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

lol get hosed you piece of poo poo

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

a property manager is not necessarily a landlord. they're a person who handles maintenance and rental applications, etc. at a rental property. at the point you have a title like "property manager" the landlord is some large property investment group.

i guess you could stretch that to "parasite", but somebody has to handle organizing maintenance, repairs, and whatnot, and unless you're in a co-op it's going to be the property manager

Dinosaurtrain
Mar 7, 2018

by R. Guyovich
The best ice cream in the Vancouver area is edaleen dairy in Blaine

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
the good times in vancouver are found exclusively outside of vancouver

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

a property manager is not necessarily a landlord. they're a person who handles maintenance and rental applications, etc. at a rental property. at the point you have a title like "property manager" the landlord is some large property investment group.

i guess you could stretch that to "parasite", but somebody has to handle organizing maintenance, repairs, and whatnot, and unless you're in a co-op it's going to be the property manager

So what you're telling me that not only are they a greedy landlord but they're also a greedy corporation