Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Istvun
Apr 20, 2007

A better world is just $69.69 away.

Soiled Meat

Go home, India. You're drunk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

https://twitter.com/gretchenwhitmer/status/1017076372945231872?s=21

this is painful to watch

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

a good video will come out soon to counteract that poo poo

https://twitter.com/KanielaIng/status/1017188698205577216

ING!

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

update: lol

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Yinlock posted:

this is why the center and right are scrambling to sabotage her as hard as possible, momentum is A Thing

Also sounds like Our Revolution seems to be fine tuning their tactics.

Previously it was shotgun approach but this time around they are narrowing to breakout candidates which are resonating with voters like Ocasio.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Agean90 posted:

ING!

I'm gay for Ing

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Lawman 0 posted:

I'm gay for Ing

look at that Hollywood jawline :swoon:

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Uncle Wemus posted:

Sunglasses and a cigarette are we sure she's not alt right?

I don't see any novelty toy skulls in the shot?

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

lmao how very predictable

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

Agean90 posted:

ING!

GO ING!

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

LGD posted:

a thing we should be researching heavily, but if we're at all serious about climate change we should probably be embarking on substantial build out of the designs we've already got rather than waiting for a more perfect technology

There's already designs for one and you can even market it as a refinery to make plutonium waste less radioactive. The problem is the end product is unweaponizable aside from being (not as)toxic material.

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

They never stop proving me right.

All their accusations are just literally projections as they cannot fathom how to operate differently than how they currently operate. Justifying self accusingly disruptive activities as methods of justice against an unjust insurgent.

You're a russian bot? They fear they would be accused so they blame you, yet they are the first to be riled at lovely obvious fake memes.

Bernies are a misogyn? Lets vote the white dude who gives tax breaks for businesses because jobs are a symbol of worship and that's how you get jobs. Women have jobs, so it's good.

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

i respect ing as a human being and not as a sexual object

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/drmistercody/status/1016948670162333696

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

https://twitter.com/delawareonline/status/1017198661145583616

:yeshaha: :yeshaha: :yeshaha: :yeshaha: :yeshaha: :yeshaha: :yeshaha: :yeshaha: :yeshaha: :yeshaha: :yeshaha: :yeshaha: :yeshaha: :yeshaha: :yeshaha: :yeshaha: :yeshaha: :yeshaha: :yeshaha:

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

To win?

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Bigly

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Calibanibal posted:

i respect ing as a human being and not as a sexual object
I respect ing as both a human and a sexual object

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
ocasio/ing

its a verb

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
metroid prime 2 is a good game

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/punksandwitch/status/1017198388599652352

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

anime was right posted:

ocasio/ing

its a verb

AYYYY IM OCASIOING OVA HEA

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War
I’m so lost on the whole brunch thing in the Twitter sense and the actual eating sense.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Concerned Citizen posted:

essentially -

superdelegates are barred from participating in the selection of a presidential candidate except in the very rare (i.e. has never happened) scenario that there is a stalemate at the convention and no candidate is able to get 50%+1. they may also participate if one candidate wins over 59% of the pledged delegate vote (ensuring it is impossible for them to overturn it).

you need only a majority of pledged delegates to win, now - superdelegates are effectively eliminated except in a very extreme scenario.

a thing that's notable - in the event of a stalemate, all of the delegates are released. so although supers have influence in the second round, in the event of a 3 or 4 way fragmented convention they probably will never be decisive even if they vote as a bloc.

Oh poo poo, that's better than I was expecting.

Missingnoleader
Mar 10, 2014

theCalamity posted:

I’m so lost on the whole brunch thing in the Twitter sense and the actual eating sense.

I dislike brunch because it gets in the way of actually having lunch items.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

theCalamity posted:

Normal brunch - just breakfast but later

"Brunch" or Twitter Brunch or what have you - a bougie display of class behavior where you pay $$$ for unlimited mimosas and discuss neoliberal solutions to problems loudly and self satisfyingly.

Basically imagine this scene from American Psycho but brunch foods:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUxgPt4k3RY&t=126s

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

lol:

Connolly, like other opponents of the plan, argued that “disenfranchising the elected leadership of the party” would disconnect elected leaders from the party’s presidential ticket, ultimately weakening its prospects in 2020.

as opposed to 2016, in which...

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

WampaLord posted:

Normal brunch - just breakfast but later

"Brunch" or Twitter Brunch or what have you - a bougie display of class behavior where you pay $$$ for unlimited mimosas and discuss neoliberal solutions to problems loudly and self satisfyingly.

Basically imagine this scene from American Psycho but brunch foods:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUxgPt4k3RY&t=126s

goddamn I forgot how excellent the casting is in that movie

Donkwich
Feb 28, 2011

Grimey Drawer

theCalamity posted:

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Matt Zerella posted:

goddamn I forgot how excellent the casting is in that movie

It's a loving fantastic movie and the best takedown of 80s business culture I've seen

Rastor
Jun 2, 2001

theCalamity posted:

Nominally an excuse to continue last night's party by eating greasy food and drinking additional alcohol, brunch is a cultural signifier / touchstone of elitist centrists

Several of the pussy hat donut centrists showed up at protests with signs like "if you had voted for Hillary we'd be at brunch right now"

Left twitter pointed out how stupid that was

Idiot centrist twitter interpreted this as an attack on the idea of eating brunch and got really defensive and angry about the purity bro left's indecorous attacks, and furthermore claimed that brunch is actually not the domain of out of touch liberals but is in fact a way for poor people to eat cheaply and therefore attacks on brunch are racist

The cycle continued

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Rastor posted:

Nominally an excuse to continue last night's party by eating greasy food and drinking additional alcohol, brunch is a cultural signifier / touchstone of elitist centrists

Several of the pussy hat donut centrists showed up at protests with signs like "if you had voted for Hillary we'd be at brunch right now"

Idiot centrist twitter interpreted this as an attack on the idea of eating brunch and got really defensive and angry about the purity bro left's indecorous attacks, and furthermore claimed that brunch is actually not the domain of out of touch liberals but is in fact a way for poor people to eat cheaply and therefore attacks on brunch are racist

The cycle continued
I saw a lot of weaponized IDPOL about the criticism of brunch. nice sexism/homophobia et al.

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
proletarian brunch is going to mcdonalds and getting a mcchicken and mcdouble, unlike bougie brunch which is paying $15 for potatoes fried in imported butter, scrambled eggs, and "pork belly" with a spritz of maple syrup on it

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar
There are three brunch

Brunch, breakfast at/near lunch.
Breakfast all day resolves any brunch dilemma by making any time have items that would be considered 'Brunch'. Brunch specials may surface but french toast at 10am, 10pm, or even 2am is a win for all involved.

Brunch, the sunday mid morning social gathering and treat
Socializing or just relaxing, it's the weekend. Have a drink and a breakfast item. Pretend that you wouldn't do this any other day of the week and curse that you need to drive to work

Brunch, the national state of mind.
Hillary is a humble folk, not requesting much spotlight. She wanted to extend the Breakfast that is Barack Obama to Brunch, before the restaurant switches over to the pre-dinner/post-breakfast menu. Drinks are complimentary and the food healthy. Come join in medicare for less-seniors-but-still-exists-maybe where she enlists Elon Musk to fund the subsidies that pay the insurance agencies to partially cover some of a dying family's medical costs along with tax breaks for the banks that loan Elon the money whom of also own that dying family's house and their interest rate rises to offset the charitable giving and inflation, despite their wages not rising with inflation
Did I also mention drinks are complimentary?

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

CAPS LOCK BROKEN posted:

proletarian brunch is going to mcdonalds and getting a mcchicken and mcdouble, unlike bougie brunch which is paying $15 for potatoes fried in imported butter, scrambled eggs, and "pork belly" with a spritz of maple syrup on it

which patrons get sent to the guillotine first:

dennys
ihop
waffle house
village inn

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

CAPS LOCK BROKEN posted:

:lol: if you think that much effort goes into brunch food

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar
Brunch is plural of Brunch

Deal with it :colbert:

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Matt Zerella posted:

:lol: if you think that much effort goes into brunch food

the most outlandish brunch i went to had some reckless cultural appropriation of chicken and waffles. the waffles were made with bacon, cheddar, and green onion and the chicken itself was coated in an jalapeno and organic corn flake batter

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Al! posted:

which patrons get sent to the guillotine first:

dennys
ihop
waffle house
village inn

The fact that you would even think to include Waffle House on that list puts you at the front of the line, buddy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

CAPS LOCK BROKEN posted:

the most outlandish brunch i went to had some reckless cultural appropriation of chicken and waffles. the waffles were made with bacon, cheddar, and green onion and the chicken itself was coated in an jalapeno and organic corn flake batter
Those waffles sound good

• Locked thread