Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Wasn't Sakura Tange already credited as "Mother Harlot" in addition to all of the :umu: voices?

Trihugger posted:

So for the Anime Expo stream, did they show off any cool statistics? That seems to be a common thing a lot of Japanese gacha games like to do. I'm actually curious to see if NA's most popular Grail targets are any different than JP's.

Sadly they didn't.

I'm guessing most popular grail targets in NA are Herc, Cuzilla and JAlter, though. :v:

BlondRobin posted:

This may just be me reading too much into things but imo CCC is limited basically as a poke into action for people who might be slower about the story because FGO is much bigger about story locking than a lot of mobage I've seen.

Basically, CCC is time limited so the answer to "well, what's the worst that could happen if I don't keep up on the story" is "you miss an incredible story, a huge collab worth of rewards, and access to a welfare who is both one of the best characters in the game* and the only member of her class for going on a year and a half."

* - technically, BB is the best character in the game, but I'll allow people to be wrong enough to qualify her as only "one of"

It's probably something to do with it being a crossover.

That reminds me, I find people who can't read ANY Japanese playing the Japanese version of FGO kinda baffling. Like, isn't the story the main point?

That said I'd like to see a breakdown on what people said were their favorite part of FGO in that recent survey (Learning with Manga).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Cuntellectual posted:

That reminds me, I find people who can't read ANY Japanese playing the Japanese version of FGO kinda baffling. Like, isn't the story the main point?

That said I'd like to see a breakdown on what people said were their favorite part of FGO in that recent survey (Learning with Manga).

Well at the time there was no NA. And by the time NA came out I was already locked in.

Plus it's another mound of free quartz for rolls.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I'm playing with servants that I won't see for 1-2 years.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Space Flower posted:

why would you ever quick first card in an arts team
I think someone mathed it out and unless you are going for QQQ chains there is never any reason to start with a Quick card, whether for NP or stars, no matter the character.
Except Orion I think?
Santa Ozy wellfare when.

HGH fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Jul 12, 2018

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Cuntellectual posted:

Ask that of the people who got into this game with 0 exposure to Fate prior to playing this game, because they downloaded it for the reason anyone plays Japanese Mobile games.

The cute girls and the hot dudes and getting angry with other people at how poo poo your luck is.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Our good son. I would probably spend too much money if she popped up on a banner.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

HGH posted:

I think someone mathed it out and unless you are going for QQQ chains there is never any reason to start with a Quick card, whether for NP or stars, no matter the character.
Except Orion I think?

In theory anyone's QAA can be better than AQA or AAQ if you have enough arts effectiveness boosts stacked up, but yes, in general Quick first is bad.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Cuntellectual posted:

Wasn't Sakura Tange already credited as "Mother Harlot" in addition to all of the :umu: voices?

Mother Harlot is probably the long-awaited Nero Alter, so yeah.

:getin:

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

oh come on was that really necessary
all over my fine carpet!!
Won't she be on the London Banner?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Mordred is one of the rateups on the anniversary banners for london yes

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Vengarr posted:

Mother Harlot is probably the long-awaited Nero Alter, so yeah.

:getin:

finally, a chance for Nero to be respected as a real saberface

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Apparently, from what someone here told me and what I've personally witnessed, starting Scathach off with a quick card is good for getting stars, but that's more because Scathach's quick cards minus her NP suck balls. They're really bad at doing anything.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Yes, if you want more stars OR NP you go quick/arts + Buster Buster for the most gain from what I understand

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Go Buster first.

AirborneNinja
Jul 27, 2009

http://fate-go.cirnopedia.org/command_cards.php?servant=070#nav

tl;dr QBB on shishou makes less stars, less NP, and does 20k less damage then BBQ

Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

Are these official? Are we really getting a horse?

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009
I think it's just the old data mine from a year or two ago? So these are all servants that have at one stage been planned out at least to the point of having an artist assigned to them, but it's not a guarantee that they will ever make it into the game.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Gloomy Rube posted:

Are these official? Are we really getting a horse?
'red hare' could just be an alias for rider lu bu or rider guan yu, i doubt it means literally, the horse

Randomzx
Jul 26, 2007

NRVNQSR posted:

In theory anyone's QAA can be better than AQA or AAQ if you have enough arts effectiveness boosts stacked up, but yes, in general Quick first is bad.
Art card performance boost doesn't boost star gen since Art card inherently have no star gen value, so +50% of 0% is still 0%.

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Yes, if you want more stars OR NP you go quick/arts + Buster Buster for the most gain from what I understand

First card Quick bonus is almost never worth it, since most Servants really don't get enough bonus from it to even generate the most stars.
For most Servants, quick cards are better placed as the third card to generate the most stars.

You can check for each Servants.
http://fate-go.cirnopedia.org/command_cards.php

EVEN for Jack, the only time you'll want Quick card first is in a QQQ chain. As BQQ/AQQ still generates the second most possible stars.

EGSunBro
Nov 1, 2012

PEPSI FOR TV-GAME

Endorph posted:

'red hare' could just be an alias for rider lu bu or rider guan yu, i doubt it means literally, the horse

I really hope it's the horse. I mean I also want non-berserker Lu Bu or more 3 Kingdoms reps in general, but I would roll hard for the horse.

We got doggo avenger, anything is possible.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Man it's amazing how Quick cards manage to keep cornering the market on being bad at everything.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

EGSunBro posted:

I really hope it's the horse. I mean I also want non-berserker Lu Bu or more 3 Kingdoms reps in general, but I would roll hard for the horse.

We got doggo avenger, anything is possible.

i really want assassin diao chan

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Pureauthor posted:

Man it's amazing how Quick cards manage to keep cornering the market on being bad at everything.

they used to be worse

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

With the chain thing specifically it's more down on other cards, Buster especially, not having the gen or hitcount to really do anything with the boost.

Splash Attack
Mar 23, 2008

Yeahhh!
I am GHOS!!
Haaaaaa Ha Ha Ha!!

Cuntellectual posted:

i played FGO JP and i really wished i understood japanese because i really wanted to know what was happening. also because i couldn't remember/figure out what the skills were for everyone (without constantly having to look it up) and as the content got harder, i found myself getting my face smashed in to the point where i basically needed two screens if i wanted to use strategy.

when FGO NA came out, i thought i'd use it as an alt, and then i rolled np2 gilgamesh, np2 scat, and np2 kintoki, so i live on NA now. it's funny because all the servants i'd wanted to get but were avoiding me on JP have flocked to me - cuzilla, ozy, bryn, etc. but the servants who wouldn't leave me alone haven't come home to roost in my NA account (arjuna, karna, both laltrias, vlad).

being able to understand the story is really nice, along with realizing that's what x skill does.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I still haven't rolled Angra despite having him on all my JP accounts, including NP4 on my main one.

:shrug:

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
I looked ahead to the summer event to see what Servants I might desire to level for the event, and was pleasantly surprised to see that I already had a well rounded stable for every drop. With the exception of Wood and Metal, I already have 8+ Servants I can bring with me for every drop, and even with those two I have enough to fill a party. I guess not being able to decide who to focus on leveling, and thus leveling everybody, has its benefits.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Got 4 friend slots open, hit me up goonlords.

E: sold out!

Vengarr fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Jul 12, 2018

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!
Was focusing my play time on grinding QP, Embers and Phoenix Plumes for Da Vinci, but now I can finally dive back into Camelot and tackle the mighty Lion King!

Alright, good talk.

(I still regret not rolling for NP2 dai shouri.)

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

BlondRobin posted:

* - technically, BB is the best character in the game, but I'll allow people to be wrong enough to qualify her as only "one of"

Considering I only use the BB cure against Avengers and she hasn't shown up much in other event/main story stuff that wasn't Valentines she can't even really qualify as "one of"

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
summer servants get your summer servants tell me how i'm scum cause i said kiyolancer is okay

https://lpix.org/sslptest/index.php?id=151557

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I have a problem with you saying squirtoria is good, but not op

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Squirtoria is Artoria, but in a bikini. That is EXTREMELY powerful my dude.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
Speaking of Summer, is there any reason to go for a particular servant's suggestions for building other than liking that character? There's no mechanical benefit to going all in for one particular construction method, is there?

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Ashsaber posted:

Speaking of Summer, is there any reason to go for a particular servant's suggestions for building other than liking that character? There's no mechanical benefit to going all in for one particular construction method, is there?

They use different materials. Depending on whether we get the original or rerun version of Summer 1, it can be harder or easier to farm certain materials over others.

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?
not gameplay related, but something neat to note is that most of the characters done by I-IV (Anne & Mary [Summer], Orion, Babbage but not Rider Anne & Mary for whatever reason) actually have noticeably different poses in their third ascension, which is a neat bit of effort that I think would be cool to see more of in general

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Okeanos Caster has a different post on every ascension

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!

TheFireMagi posted:

not gameplay related, but something neat to note is that most of the characters done by I-IV (Anne & Mary [Summer], Orion, Babbage but not Rider Anne & Mary for whatever reason) actually have noticeably different poses in their third ascension, which is a neat bit of effort that I think would be cool to see more of in general

While I appreciate I-IV drawing a different illustration altogether for their characters' 3rd ascension, I'd trade that in a heartbeat for them to go back and double-check their necks aren't twice the expected length.

If I get the Archer version of Anne & Mary, they're forever staying in their 3rd or 2nd ascension.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

Captain Baal posted:

summer servants get your summer servants tell me how i'm scum cause i said kiyolancer is okay

https://lpix.org/sslptest/index.php?id=151557

I wouldn't say Tamalancer has mediocre NP gen - her gains on Quicks are Jack/Okita/Kintoki Rider tier, something dumb like 4.32% IIRC? Just gotta go AQQ to really get her going is all. The rest looks pretty aight tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I actually meant to say she had good NP gen, but I think I didn't catch myself because I used that character for so long I forgot her NP gen pretty decent because her quicks are so good, I need to fix that