Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

Grey Hunter posted:

but then, what would be my next stupid LP idea?

Well, you’ve done war in the pacific and war in the east, how about war in the west?

I hear the air campaign management is amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

Infinitely many points, but zero length.
Go back to Paradox games, play HOI4 without automation and accidentally nuke Paris or something.

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
http://www.matrixgames.com/products/587/details/The.Operational.Art.of.War.IV

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
SHOOT ME IN THE GODDAMNED FACE
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!
May I politely suggest some form of Goons vs. AI game to head off the recriminations that seem to come from Goons vs. Goons games? Or at least Group of Goons vs. Single Goon games?

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
Grey Hunter, you must continue so my son is old enough to read your history.

My son is 01. As an alternate plan, you son must continue it for you.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

Yeah "Let's All Play a CM campaign" sounds cool, plus iirc unit attrition is carried over and new ones get rotated in and out so there's a reason not to BANZAI DEATH CHARGE MAXIMUM ELAN while also meaning we don't get hosed because we had one crap mission

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.
Are they still doing Goon newbie Dominions games? I want to know what pretender chases would make a good Croctopus.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets

Take that you bugger.

Whoo, can be blow something up now?

KABOOM! That's going to be a big repair bill!

We sink some ships on the way out.

We lose some patrol boats.

We hit a destroyer.

Then smash them.

We continue to level the place.

We're doing some dice damage at the moment.

They are losing so many ships.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Mooseontheloose posted:

OPM EUIV challenge?

OPM HOI IV challenge, given its latest dev diary?

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Jesus, that bombardment at Port Moresby. :staredog:

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013
... How many planes are there at Port Moresby?! That's like over two hundred damaged.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Cm campaigns are fun.

Apart from the ones you can just end mission straight away and progress the campaign.

Magni
Apr 29, 2009

Night10194 posted:

Jesus, that bombardment at Port Moresby. :staredog:

Packed airfield. And the boondoggle anti-air incendiary canister shells the IJN had for their battleship guns? Those actually turned out pretty loving devastating when airbursting them over a relatively soft target like an airfield.

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

111 of them alone were Liberators of some stripe

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013

Magni posted:

Packed airfield. And the boondoggle anti-air incendiary canister shells the IJN had for their battleship guns? Those actually turned out pretty loving devastating when airbursting them over a relatively soft target like an airfield.

So it will take them what, 2-3 days to fix them?

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
I just want to send wave after wave of goon-driven Shermans into the jaws of death again, is that too much to ask?

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

Hey grey want to do a joint LP once I wrap mine up?

Grey would smoke my rear end so badly I wouldn’t know which way is up and down

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

I doub t that, I don't own TOAWIII. though I have thought about picking it up.

A MP LP of something would be interesting though, so people can see I'm only good a trouncing poor dumb AI's....

any challengers and games? I should be able to commit to one game, as long as its accepted my turns will be random if the kid does another month of 4am wakes.....

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

Commander: the Great War is nice and simple, that could definitely work as a PBM

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011
:norway:

:iiam:

Do a gofundme or something, I'm sure people would contribute.

acidia
Oct 31, 2012
Chunking is finally getting smashed but I noticed:
No strategic points from bombing?
The more we damage it the more it has be to repaired to be worth points to us, right?

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

I'd kick in a buck a month for regular GH content

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

acidia posted:

Chunking is finally getting smashed but I noticed:
No strategic points from bombing?
The more we damage it the more it has be to repaired to be worth points to us, right?

Pretty sure you only get strategic points from bombing Japan or the US, or something like that. The rule is intended to stop Japan farming VP by city bombing in China.

Velius
Feb 27, 2001

Bold Robot posted:

Pretty sure you only get strategic points from bombing Japan or the US, or something like that. The rule is intended to stop Japan farming VP by city bombing in China.

The US get strategic VP from bombing Japan, the Japanese get them from bombing Australia, the US or (maybe) India. Australia starts with very few fighters, so one PBEM tactic is to take some of the islands off the east coast of Australia and bomb the cities and resources in the first couple months, you can usually get a lot of VP for little risk.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Yeah, it would be free points otherwise.

Also, something of a poll.

V for Vegas
Sep 1, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER
I'd like to see a World in Flames game - at least you don't have to worry about crappy AI in that!

Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

Infinitely many points, but zero length.

Grey Hunter posted:

Yeah, it would be free points otherwise.

Also, something of a poll.

I loled at the option of a Paradox mega-LP. The thought of you bumbling your way through centuries of history sounds hilarious to me.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Cantorsdust posted:

I loled at the option of a Paradox mega-LP. The thought of you bumbling your way through centuries of history sounds hilarious to me.

He did a pretty good Ghana one a few years ago.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Cantorsdust posted:

https://lparchive.org/Distant-Worlds-(by-Grey-Hunter)/

So many innuendoes....

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

I'd like to see a new PDX mega campaign with Stellaris as the space part and maybe HoI4 if it works. What happened in the last LP that Hoi3 was unusuable?

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

Yeah, I voted Stellaris but a 'victor of WW 2 takes to the stars" sounds neat.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Dreamsicle posted:

Hoi3 was unusuable

HOI3 was an unplayable shitfire, so maybe that

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Drone posted:

HOI3 was an unplayable shitfire, so maybe that

If all you did was allow the AI to control your amphibious attacks and did nothing else, I agree.

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.

lenoon posted:

Commander: the Great War is nice and simple, that could definitely work as a PBM

Needs a lot of house rules though

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Is the damaged/kill ratio supposed to be like that on that airfield bombardment? Or is it just fog of war? I guess planes on the ground aren't in motion and not fueled so that would help survivability. Actually that would make a lot of sense. End up with a bunch of shrapnel holes but in the end it's nbd.

Gnoman
Feb 12, 2014

Come, all you fair and tender maids
Who flourish in your pri-ime
Beware, take care, keep your garden fair
Let Gnoman steal your thy-y-me
Le-et Gnoman steal your thyme

Grey Hunter posted:

any challengers and games? I should be able to commit to one game, as long as its accepted my turns will be random if the kid does another month of 4am wakes.....

I'd like to see a LP of Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich. If you wanted, I'd play whatever side you didn't.

Kodos666
Dec 17, 2013
drat, the John Tiller Campaigns sound like fun to read. please do the WWI Eastern Front great campaign.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

aphid_licker posted:

Is the damaged/kill ratio supposed to be like that on that airfield bombardment? Or is it just fog of war? I guess planes on the ground aren't in motion and not fueled so that would help survivability. Actually that would make a lot of sense. End up with a bunch of shrapnel holes but in the end it's nbd.

Yup. Most air-to-air or flak kills represent crippled planes crashing rather than planes being outright destroyed midair. Planes that make it to base get repaired, so planes that are shot up on the ground might be unairworthy, but reparable.

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.
Whatever game is played, a part of me wants to see game mechanics/strategy exploited in interesting ways- loved hearing about how Japanese invasions of the US could go, and that strategy of the US coming in from the north on Japan rather than island hopping.

*edit*

\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

:hai::hai::hai:

\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

DesperateDan fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Jul 12, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whitewhale
Feb 21, 2013
Start preparations for a massive Pearl December raid, all BB's, all CV's, all subs. Just one final moment of IJN glory!