Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
What I tend todo with pulled pork that's left over, or even on the first reheat is spread it out thinly over a bigass baking sheet and broil it in the oven. I might do that again with this batch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

I was at a pub trivia a few weeks back and one question was to name the 5 grades of beef. I got Prime/Choice/Select right, but didn't know that there's also Standard and Commercial (below Select).

Just did some Googling, and learned there's even three more below those two: Utility, Cutter, Canner.

There is actually a grade even lower. Don't know what it's called but I'm pretty sure it's what they sent us on the ship on deployments. 😁

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
It's commercial and canner. That's the poo poo they put in processed food and pet food.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Time to smoke a canner grade brisket. Hopefully the jockey marks hold the rub.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Tezcatlipoca posted:

It's commercial and canner. That's the poo poo they put in processed food and pet food.

There's one grade lower. It's called horse

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Whooping Crabs posted:

Applebees has cornered that market.

qutius
Apr 2, 2003
NO PARTIES
I've got a chuck roast that's been cooking away at 145 in the sous vide that I'm going to try and turn into some tasty burnt ends on the smoker later today. Hoping for the best! 24 hours at 145 has worked well in the past, and they'll get some time under smoke before dinner as well.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Whooping Crabs posted:

I bet horse brisket is delicious. Horse sirloin and tenderloin are. (I’m having horse tomorrow!)

ada shatan
Oct 20, 2004

that'll do pig, that'll do

Subjunctive posted:

I bet horse brisket is delicious. Horse sirloin and tenderloin are. (I’m having horse tomorrow!)

So true. I wish the US would move past the stigma around horse, it's one of my favorite dishes when I visit Quebec.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

ada shatan posted:

So true. I wish the US would move past the stigma around horse, it's one of my favorite dishes when I visit Quebec.

Yeah, it is a weird stigma.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

ada shatan posted:

You can get it in Toronto too, if you’re ever here.

ada shatan
Oct 20, 2004

Subjunctive posted:

You can get it in Toronto too, if you’re ever here.

No kidding? I grew up just outside of Toronto and never encountered it until I went to Montreal. I know this isn't a recommendation thread, but if you have any particular restaurants you could recommend I'd appreciate it.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

ada shatan posted:

No kidding? I grew up just outside of Toronto and never encountered it until I went to Montreal. I know this isn't a recommendation thread, but if you have any particular restaurants you could recommend I'd appreciate it.

La Palette on Queen W is the only one I know of with it on their regular menu, and it’s maybe my favourite restaurant in all of Toronto.

ada shatan
Oct 20, 2004

Subjunctive posted:

La Palette on Queen W is the only one I know of with it on their regular menu, and it’s maybe my favourite restaurant in all of Toronto.

Thank you. May the meat gods be forever in your favor.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Now I want a fuckin’ horse brisket.

VERTiG0
Jul 11, 2001

go move over bro
Searching my rural area intensively for a horse brisket.

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here
I've only had it a few times, but donkey is waaayyy better than horse. I bet a donkey brisket would be incredible.

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
Horse seems like it'd be tough and very lean.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

I know the Dutch and Japanese smoke horse meat, so let’s

:yikes:

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Subjunctive posted:

I know the Dutch and Japanese smoke horse meat, so let’s

:yikes:

New thread title?

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Whooping Crabs posted:

New thread title?

Yes please

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

It's like you people have never been on the internet before.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FO0kRE5OTZI

I'm so loving old.

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]
:thejoke:

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I did a pork shoulder over a campfire pit during Canada Day weekend and it turned out really good considering I had no thermometer and no way to tell exactly how hot the area was over the fire.

And LOL at women who think it's their place to give cooking advice such as "why are you cooking it 7 hours it will be a lump of coal you only need to cook it to medium"

And then act all pissy when you politely explain that I know what I'm doing.

I almost got the impression that they're used to being the cooks and maybe weren't used to a male knowing more than them about cooking and couldn't handle it.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Congrats, now you know how women feel the other 99.9% of the time.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Whooping Crabs posted:

New thread title?

:getin:

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Internet Explorer posted:

Congrats, now you know how women feel the other 99.9% of the time.

They feel wrong 99% of the time ? I don't get it.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

jonathan posted:

I don't get it.

You really don’t, do you?

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Nah I think women are right a lot of times. Law of averages man.

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

jonathan posted:

I did a pork shoulder over a campfire pit during Canada Day weekend and it turned out really good considering I had no thermometer and no way to tell exactly how hot the area was over the fire.

And LOL at women who think it's their place to give cooking advice such as "why are you cooking it 7 hours it will be a lump of coal you only need to cook it to medium"

I almost got the impression that they're used to being the cooks and maybe weren't used to a male knowing more than them about cooking and couldn't handle it.

Cool misogyny in the smoking thread, gently caress off.

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

jonathan posted:

If the women around you generally think you are incompetent at common tasks it's probably something about you.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

jonathan posted:

They're right.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

DiggityDoink posted:

Cool misogyny in the smoking thread, gently caress off.

Pretty please.

VERTiG0
Jul 11, 2001

go move over bro
Shut the gently caress up please lets talk about meats

I'm doing Chef John's Turkish chicken kebabs later today, grilled.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
does smoking a chuck roast for use in chili make any sense or am I just being silly

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

bewbies posted:

does smoking a chuck roast for use in chili make any sense or am I just being silly

I do it all the time and you should too.

VERTiG0
Jul 11, 2001

go move over bro

bewbies posted:

This is an excellent idea. Do it and take pics and report back.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe

Tezcatlipoca posted:

I do it all the time and you should too.

deets?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.
I usually save a hunk of brisket to make chili with. Just cube it up and add it in.

If you search my posts in the thread I know I have posted once or twice of my chili with brisket in it.