Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I hope I can give Pikachu or Eevee a pompadour.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Blaze Dragon posted:

New English trailer for Let's Go

MEET YOUR FRIENDLY RIVAL! Also do all that stuff you did before anyways.

It's impressive how much of a hype killer this game is.

Says YOU, buddy. :colbert:

This thing looks so extremely my jam it is not even funny. You can give your buddy haircuts! They ride around on your head! RIDEABLE POKEMON, FOLLOWING POKEMON! CO-OP! All of it rules so much! Going to play this thing with my husband and we are going to stomp all over the Kanto nerds. I'm even catching some extra Eeveelutions and such in Go so I can use them in Let's Go.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

The lack of integration with Bank as of yet, and the lack of anything overly new are somewhat killing the hype for me.

Map wise, the only things new are a Volcano at Cinnabar and a T structure of some form to the right of the S.S. Anne.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
This looks fun and adorable.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Yo the crystal clear romhack by Shockslayer is super cool

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

Crawfish posted:

The lack of integration with Bank as of yet, and the lack of anything overly new are somewhat killing the hype for me.

Map wise, the only things new are a Volcano at Cinnabar and a T structure of some form to the right of the S.S. Anne.

Thats where the truck appears post-game that you can use Strength on to find Mew.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

New art for everyone is what I'm hyped for

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Crawfish posted:

It's based on Pokemon go so idk why it would have bank intergration. Does go have ivs and evs?

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

mandatory lesbian posted:

It's based on Pokemon go so idk why it would have bank intergration. Does go have ivs and evs?

IVs, yes. EVs, no. IVs are also heavily simplified, there's only three, though they're completely invisible without third-party tools.

Vinylshadow posted:

New art for everyone is what I'm hyped for

Ugh, the proportions are terrible.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

its something that looks very different. or at least more different than usual. eevee is cute so gently caress it

r: also I like new bean pikachu

https://twitter.com/Pokemon/status/1017418519070191626

McDragon fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Jul 12, 2018

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Blaze Dragon posted:

Ugh, the proportions are terrible.

Wouldn't be Sugimori without broken legs and awkward angles everywhere

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

I know Pikachu still can't evolve but now has stats that make it stronger than a Raichu but do we know if they gave any extra boost to Eevee since it apparently can't be evolved either?

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

laser eyes

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

The games are introducing a new pokemon, so it's going to be really dumb if it's locked to these games and Pokemon Go.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Crawfish posted:

The games are introducing a new pokemon, so it's going to be really dumb if it's locked to these games and Pokemon Go.

I thought it was just a cameo of a Gen VIII mon like Munchlax/Bonsly got in Colloseum/XD

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Being unable to evolve Pikachu or Eevee is incredibly dumb

Wanna ride that Onix

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Being unable to evolve Pikachu or Eevee is incredibly dumb

Wanna ride that Onix

Especially Eevee since that's literally the entire point of that particular Pokemon (without it you're basically left with an average Normal type that doesn't really get any decent moves). Though unlike Pikachu it could actually be usable against Brock so there is that at least.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Larryb posted:

Especially Eevee since that's literally the entire point of that particular Pokemon (without it you're basically left with an average Normal type that doesn't really get any decent moves). Though unlike Pikachu it could actually be usable against Brock so there is that at least.

Pikachu gets Double Kick now, Eevee has nothing super effective on Rock and in fact takes until level 17 to even get Bite in SM. It'll likely get something to face Brock too, but that puts them on equal level, and that level is pointless because you're forced to get a Water or Grass Pokemon to face Brock anyways.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

I saw this and I'm taking you all down with me
https://twitter.com/RPGSite/status/1017449848419708928

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

:wtc:

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

that’s freaking awful come on

use 👏 the 👏 girl 👏 pikachu 👏

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Is that what looking in a Shedinja's back like?

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

God I love everything about Let's Go except for the actual gameplay.

I have been wanting to ride your own pokemon since the beginning, and I love having your pokemon follow you around. I love customizing characters, and bonding with your partner pokemon looks adorable and I love it.

But...no wild battles? And trainer battles are heavily simplified? Eesh.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Hellioning posted:

God I love everything about Let's Go except for the actual gameplay.

I have been wanting to ride your own pokemon since the beginning, and I love having your pokemon follow you around. I love customizing characters, and bonding with your partner pokemon looks adorable and I love it.

But...no wild battles? And trainer battles are heavily simplified? Eesh.

Wait, no wild battles? How exactly do you catch Pokemon then (and this can be played without needing Pokemon Go right)?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Larryb posted:

Wait, no wild battles? How exactly do you catch Pokemon then (and this can be played without needing Pokemon Go right)?

Exactly as you catch things in go. Just throw poke balls at it until it gives up. I’ll going to end up getting it because I’m ready for Pokemon on the Switch since I never had a 3DS and missed on the last couple of generations.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

i’m pretty sure there’s wild encounters and they’re the earthbound/chrono trigger style where you see them on the overworld

e: oh yeah there’s no fighting wild pokémon i guess

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

oddium posted:

i’m pretty sure there’s wild encounters and they’re the earthbound/chrono trigger style where you see them on the overworld

e: oh yeah there’s no fighting wild pokémon i guess

You see them on the overworld, but they're not really "battles". You just throw balls at it repeatedly, and your pokemon get experience from catching other pokemon, despite not being used in battle. Like in Go, you're encouraged to catch a million Caterpies to level up your pokemon.

I think the game will be fun for small children to play with their parents, but it's not for me. I love the following pokemon and stuff, but I'll wait until they add that stuff to a mainline game.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Catch a million bugs
Turn them into EV candies
Boost your pokemon's stats
Sweep through the game

Let's Go isn't meant to be deep or challenging

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
catch me gladly giving up random battles if it means I can give my pikachu a lil haircut

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I mean, it's a pokemon game where you fight and catch, bank integration would be a huge selling point for anyone who only cares about the Gen 8 game, and a selling point for the gen 8 game for anyone getting this. (Bring your collection forward!) It would also let people daisy chain pokemon from GO, which again could get a whole bunch of people engaged and spending on Pokemon.

As for IVs/EVs and anything else not covered, it could just be a one-way transfer where they RNG any missing bits. Apparently the GO->Let's GO transfer is already one way, so I imagine this game is already storing extra data on the pokemon?

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

McDragon posted:

I saw this and I'm taking you all down with me
https://twitter.com/RPGSite/status/1017449848419708928

It's amazing how Funko can take something that already has round black eyes and STILL turn it into a soulless-looking toy.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

How are trainer battles simplified? They look exactly the same.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Nodosaur posted:

How are trainer battles simplified? They look exactly the same.

2 vs 1 means that you have a gigantic advantage. Of course, it's optional, but it's a ridiculous easy mode button, even worse than Mega Evolution in XY.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Larger Kanto map to go over with a fine-toothed comb

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
laffo I never realized how dumb it is that Vermillion city is the big port city.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

laffo I never realized how dumb it is that Vermillion city is the big port city.

I thin it's supposed to sail underneath the bike path because the bike path is a bridge.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Vinylshadow posted:

Larger Kanto map to go over with a fine-toothed comb

I'm sorry but is that the pier with the truck on it next to Vermilion?

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

As far as I could tell, the map is pretty much identical to FRLG, no new areas as far as I can see, which is a shame, since Kanto's general route design of have a maze with 20 trainers in it to inflate the level curve is, well, poo poo.

Some new additions are the Cinnabar volcano to the left of the city instead of the right like in Gen 2 and will most likely not be a new dungeon you can explore to find Moltres. This is the first time they've included the secret pier by the SS Anne you can only reach by Surfing, which is a bit tricky to do when the ship leaves after you get Cut. Shame Mew is in the Pokeball Plus and not under the truck. And then the "Cycling Road" has grass preventing you from going straight down on either side. That's it, I can't see anything else that's new.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9KY2tM7cCw

Jessie and James confirmed

Crosspeice fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Jul 13, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/DogasusBackpack/status/1017585189105463297

https://twitter.com/DogasusBackpack/status/1017588540509573120