Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Better snarky reply was "Well it was the only bump he would take all night"

well, there's bumps and then there's bumps

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

MysticalMachineGun posted:

well, there's bumps and then there's bumps

*Mick Foley nods sagely, then has to take minute because nodding made him dizzy*

saffi faildotter
Mar 2, 2007

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Better snarky reply was "Well it was the only bump he would take all night"

hogan did plenty of bumps but most of them were in the back

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

loving hate r/SquaredCircle so much

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

I knew that overwrought match would bring out the fedora-capped film critics of the wrestling world.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

4.25 is at least a whole point too high.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Charles Gnarwin posted:

I knew that overwrought match would bring out the fedora-capped film critics of the wrestling world.
bullet club : wrestling :: rick and morty : tv comedy

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
They might be half a star too high, what loving morons.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

As someone who loves bullet club, Kenny, Cody, BTE, and this storyline, that match was a 3 at best until the post match poo poo.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

yeah, I had that as 3 - 3.5 depending on if you counted the firing squad.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
People complaining about star ratings at all, especially anything over a 4, mystifies me. Do certain movie fans get this worked up over movie reviews?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

triplexpac posted:

People complaining about star ratings at all, especially anything over a 4, mystifies me. Do certain movie fans get this worked up over movie reviews?

DC fans had a big hissy fit throughout the theatrical runs of both BvS and Justice League because they legit thought the reviews on Rotten Tomatoes were really unfair and it was having a noticeable effect on how much people wanted to see it

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

triplexpac posted:

...Don't look at Rotten Tomatoes or Metacritic for any of the Marvel or DC movies.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Chris James 2 posted:

DC fans had a big hissy fit throughout the theatrical runs of both BvS and Justice League because they legit thought the reviews on Rotten Tomatoes were really unfair and it was having a noticeable effect on how much people wanted to see it
They were both really bad movies so Rotten Tomatoes were right. Wonder Woman was good though.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Yeah, "Disney pays critics to give Marvel good reviews" is the movie version of "New Japan pays off Dave for star ratings"

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Disney absolutely woos critics for good reviews. But so does everyone else.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Disney doesn't really need to for Marvel movies since they're such a phenomenon but most would probably rate them all 5 or 6 out of 10's because they take themselves very seriously and don't want to be seen as enjoying anything low-brow like a fun, summer popcorn flick.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Benne posted:

Yeah, "Disney pays critics to give Marvel good reviews" is the movie version of "New Japan pays off Dave for star ratings"

Not only "Disney pays critics to give Marvel good reviews" but the second half of the conspiracy, "Disney pays critics to say they didn't like DC movies even though they're better because they're FOR ADULTS."

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

"Disney assassinated Zack Snyder's daughter to get him off the DC movies because they saw him as a threat" is a real conspiracy theory that exists

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I twitter stumbled across a rather vicious screaming match about Zack Snyder and so had to check if he had a cagematch dB entry yet.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Alaois posted:

"Disney assassinated Zack Snyder's daughter to get him off the DC movies because they saw him as a threat" is a real conspiracy theory that exists

I would find it more plausible DC did it themselves to save the movie

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
I should have known that comic fans would be as annoying as wrestling fans

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

triplexpac posted:

bro you should see what happens when a zelda game doesn't get 10/10

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

triplexpac posted:

Given that for the last almost 15 years wrestling fans who hate a top babyface call their booking 'Superman booking' you really should have.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Mel Mudkiper posted:

bro you should see what happens when a zelda game doesn't get 10/10

8.8 is engrained into my brain. It's the only video game review I remember.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

8.8 is engrained into my brain. It's the only video game review I remember.

If you think that's bad you should see what happens when a woman does literally anything even video game adjacent.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

*steps up to podium*

In conclusion, media that attracts anti social white dudes is full of hilariously toxic bullshit.

Thank you

Qoey
Jun 2, 2014

Mel Mudkiper posted:

*steps up to podium*

In conclusion, media that attracts anti social white dudes is full of hilariously toxic bullshit.

Thank you

And it's almost all of my hobbies... Sometimes I'm legitimately embarrassed by enjoying things that attract such lovely fanbases.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Vince MechMahon posted:

If you think that's bad you should see what happens when a woman does literally anything even video game adjacent.

We've seen what happens and it is the best ban me in punchsport history

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Qoey posted:

And it's almost all of my hobbies... Sometimes I'm legitimately embarrassed by enjoying things that attract such lovely fanbases.

Hell same.

Charles Gnarwin posted:

We've seen what happens and it is the best ban me in punchsport history

Someone post it!

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

BY GAWD THAT'S RARE MAGIC CARD L00K'S MUSIC

It starts here: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3688311&pagenumber=23&perpage=40#post439211830

Don't worry, it goes from 0 to Eight Billion in a hurry.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Anyone who wants the climax without the foreplay

quote:

I request to being banned please, i don't have to deal with people who got fooled by the media.

There's no problem with the gaming industry and related stuff? Fools.

I hate SA and wish i never wasted money to join a bunch of people like, i'm not replying to anything anymore.

"Fools." gets me every time

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012
The best ban-me's are always the ones that read like poorly translated anime dialogue

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Was he the "i must warn you, it is not wise to troll me" guy or was that another wacko we had here

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

projecthalaxy posted:

Was he the "i must warn you, it is not wise to troll me" guy

Wasn't that EugeneJ?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Rarity posted:

Wasn't that EugeneJ?

That sounds right yeah. I just wish i were cool enough to post something like that on the dying wrestling forum.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
A wrestlers mom arguing with a promoter over her son losing 200K followers he'd bought following the big twitter purge. Too much to screen shot, so just click for the thread.

https://twitter.com/BosticMissyLand/status/1017592787779424257

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
This is weird, I’m now getting nostalgic for old Wrestlehut posts

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

triplexpac posted:

This is weird, I’m now getting nostalgic for old Wrestlehut posts

I wish in hindsight I had gone out with something more dramatic than "u mad"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

A wrestlers mom arguing with a promoter over her son losing 200K followers he'd bought following the big twitter purge. Too much to screen shot, so just click for the thread.

https://twitter.com/BosticMissyLand/status/1017592787779424257

Bostic has followed and unfollowed me about three times in an attempt to get me to follow him and I'm just a random nobody. Why is he so obsessed with this poo poo?