Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

EvilBeard posted:

It's not that bad. If you have questions, just ask. Protip, don't put any of the armor plating on it until you've painted everything.

Thankfully I watched Duncan's knight video and got tipped off to that from multiple sources. Coming along okay and the engineering seems a lot better than the Land Raider which is the next biggest model I've done.

So related, I really like the paint scheme of the Renegade Knight in the Renegade box set, but there's no paint scheme for the Litany of Destruction like there is for the Taranis knight.

Did they release a guide for this guy on the community site or anything so I don't have to eyeball and reverse engineer?

EDIT: They did! https://www.warhammer-community.com/2016/10/30/paint-splatter-litany-of-destruction/

mango sentinel fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Jul 12, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Big Q's House of Pancakes

Fun Shoe

mango sentinel posted:

Thankfully I watched Duncan's knight video and got tipped off to that from multiple sources. Coming along okay and the engineering seems a lot better than the Land Raider which is the next biggest model I've done.

So related, I really like the paint scheme of the Renegade Knight in the Renegade box set, but there's no paint scheme for the Litany of Destruction like there is for the Taranis knight.

Did they release a guide for this guy on the community site or anything so I don't have to eyeball and reverse engineer?

I haven't done any digging on that, as I did Raven and Tanaris before doing one just willy nilly. Another thing I'd recommend is magnetizing it to the base. I makes transporting and storing it much easier.

The Sex Cannon
Nov 22, 2004

Eh. I'm pretty content with my current logo.
Astraeus painting update:
I have completed the repulsor plates, thrusters, void shield generators, and the base. I have begun basecoats on the turrets, sponsons, and engine cowling. I have to paint it separately like this because the main body of the tank takes up my whole workspace! Looking to get this thing done by the end of the month, Emperor help me.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

BigRed0427 posted:

So me and my girl are talking about this. Should we get Necromunda over Killteam?
They're going to be fairly different games. At their core, they'll be warband skirmish games with alternating activation and some form of progression. Kill Team is likely going to be simpler than Necromunda, but it will have more factions and more options for models. Necromunda is honestly kind of a hot mess right now with how the rules are split up, but that's easily remedied by finding the compiled pdf of them floating around online. It's going to be stronger narratively as your gangers can rank up, take permanent injuries, work a day job to fund the gang, and way more. It can also get crazy as hell with a ton of fun scenarios.

If you're looking for a gateway into 40k, I'd say Kill Team. Especially if it's just the two of you and you're starting out. It would be easy to start there with a box or two and grow your forces (if you wanted to). If you're looking for more of an expanded narrative, Necromunda. Necromunda can be played really simply, but it can also require a lot of terrain, extra models, etc. depending on the scenario. It's going to be more involved and would benefit from a larger group though a two-person Underhive campaign is definitely doable.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

The Sex Cannon posted:

I have completed the repulsor plates, thrusters, void shield generators, and the base. I have begun basecoats on the turrets, sponsons, and engine cowling. I have to paint it separately like this because the main body of the tank takes up my whole workspace! Looking to get this thing done by the end of the month, Emperor help me.

I’ll finish my Valiant by the end of the month too and at NOVA we can make them kiss

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

The Sex Cannon posted:

How heavy is it, once it’s all together?

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

To boldly be eaten where no grot has been eaten before!
Poxwalkers are in, you have the option of playing zombie mode where you have to fight off hordes of poxwalkers.

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

To boldly be eaten where no grot has been eaten before!

BigRed0427 posted:

So me and my girl are talking about this. Should we get Necromunda over Killteam?

I'd wait two weeks and get Kill Team. It's going to be the new intro product.

Necro's great, but I'd wait for the last plasic gangs to come out and for them to do a book collecting all the rules together.

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

I wish they'd give us a rough idea of how many dudes you're expected to use.

I already have roughly 12 Cadians from my Shadow War Armageddon team, but if Tyranids can have multiple Lictors, I might need eleventy billion of the fuckers.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Endman posted:

I already have roughly 12 Cadians from my Shadow War Armageddon team, but if Tyranids can have multiple Lictors, I might need eleventy billion of the fuckers.

They have said 5-10

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

im going to make an ork kommando killteam

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
Have any of you tried putting Anvil Industries heads onto Cadian torsos? How well do they fit?

Revelation 2-13
May 13, 2010

Pillbug

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

Have any of you tried putting Anvil Industries heads onto Cadian torsos? How well do they fit?

Yep, the neck is a little different so you sorta have to finagle/file/cut it a little.

Sorry about using an etch-a-sketch to take the picture. Also, check out those mold lines, uhmmm, that's the stuff.

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

mango sentinel posted:

They have said 5-10

Ah, good times.

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

SRM posted:

I dig mine a bunch, it’s a solid product. I got $25 for ordering it at NOVA IIRC.

I’m going to make spring loaded bolt locks to secure it when opening. It’ll remove the pinch threat significantly.

Dr Hemulen
Jan 25, 2003

The Sex Cannon posted:

Emperor help me.

He really won't.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Endman posted:

mango sentinel posted:

They have said 5-10

But very little about the economic mechanism (credits or requisition or whatever you spend to get mans).

The Sex Cannon
Nov 22, 2004

Eh. I'm pretty content with my current logo.

Sanford posted:

How heavy is it, once it’s all together?

Almost 7 pounds.

Proletariat Beowulf
Jan 7, 2007
I wish meat screamed as I ate it.

Schadenboner posted:

I guess I still don't see why Ogryns are out and 'Nid Warriors are in (although I 100% get why Genestealers and Lictors are).

:stoked:

Ogryns are enormous murdertrains with no brakes to which Warriors are mewling newborn pups. I think SM don't get terminators for similar reasons, regardless of how mediocre they are on the larger battlefield. I don't think any faction will land 2+ saves.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Kill Team preview: Space Dark Elves

Kabalites and Wyches (but no Wracks), 1 CP shoot-and-scoot tactics, Power from Pain and Wyches get stitches Combat Drugs.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

Revelation 2-13 posted:

Yep, the neck is a little different so you sorta have to finagle/file/cut it a little.

Sorry about using an etch-a-sketch to take the picture. Also, check out those mold lines, uhmmm, that's the stuff.

Thanks.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Technowolf posted:

Kabalites and Wyches (but no Wracks), 1 CP shoot-and-scoot tactics, Power from Pain and Wyches get stitches Combat Drugs.

snore

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

They get two whole units, huh?

And neither of them are Mandrakes, because who would send beings of shadow on a stealth mission?

Miles O'Brian
May 22, 2006

All we have to lose is our chains
Mandrakes were never on the table, just like every kit that isn't plastic. Sucks thematically but that's the stated caveat.

Shame that there's no Wracks or at least a Hellion or something to mix it up, though.

Ultimately it's no different to the basic formula of generic troops that get character through their wargear and weaponry I guess

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Technowolf posted:

Boy that sucks.

Guess I'm going Tyranid.

GreenMarine
Apr 25, 2009

Switchblade Switcharoo

Maneck posted:

Considering he had never heard of the badcast, the lengths dude went to to correct it are touching:chud:

That's no pimp, that's Mayor Humdinger from Foggy Bottom! Someone call the Paw Patrol!

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord

Miles O'Brian posted:

Mandrakes were never on the table, just like every kit that isn't plastic. Sucks thematically but that's the stated caveat.

Shame that there's no Wracks or at least a Hellion or something to mix it up, though.

Ultimately it's no different to the basic formula of generic troops that get character through their wargear and weaponry I guess

I keep hearing this, but Lictors are Finecast just the same as Mandrakes. Unless they’re releasing a Lictor kit then I’ll take that.

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Big Q's House of Pancakes

Fun Shoe
Stopped by Harbor Freight to grab a cheap creeper for the garage. Picked up a hard foam case. It fits two burly boys nicely.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
They're both the Good Resin afaik, but yeah they're both webstore exclusive resin kits. I've got a kabal focused DE army and was hoping for a reason to buy some Wracks so this is a bit of a disappointment.

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]
I wonder if this is a matter of weapon option numbers -- like, armies where the individual units tend to get more options tend to get fewer allowed units -- or a matter of page signatures, where they ran up against a limit of how many datasheets they can put in the book before they have to boost the book size by twenty more pages, and made some cuts.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Miles O'Brian posted:

Given the scale of Kill Team and the importance they're placing on lots of complicated terrain, there's no way they'll let anyone bring anything that can Fly. No Assault Marines, no Gargoyles, no Jetbikes, and no Hellions.

Nichol
May 18, 2004

Sly Dog

jng2058 posted:

Given the scale of Kill Team and the importance they're placing on lots of complicated terrain, there's no way they'll let anyone bring anything that can Fly. No Assault Marines, no Gargoyles, no Jetbikes, and no Hellions.

Interesting, considering how much Fly there is in 40k now.

E: Reddit rumor mill tells me Stealth Suits are in so we are at an impasse.

Nichol fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Jul 12, 2018

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Nichol posted:

Interesting, considering how much Fly there is in 40k now.

E: Reddit rumor mill tells me Stealth Suits are in so we are at an impasse.

Hope the rumor mill is wrong this time, then. Guess we'll find out in a week or two. :shrug:

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
This is a general question, but what is the minimum range you find to be "good" for weapons? I think 24" seems like a decent cutoff because it can shoot over 2 turns against stuff coming to charge it. Plus 24" can reach decently across the table against other shooty units.

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

This is a general question, but what is the minimum range you find to be "good" for weapons? I think 24" seems like a decent cutoff because it can shoot over 2 turns against stuff coming to charge it. Plus 24" can reach decently across the table against other shooty units.

12" so I can then charge you. Works both ways.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

jng2058 posted:

Hope the rumor mill is wrong this time, then. Guess we'll find out in a week or two. :shrug:

stealth suits make too much sense to leave out

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer

TheChirurgeon posted:

Ghostkeel confirmed.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Pendent posted:

Ghostkeel confirmed.

Ghostkeelin Kill Team but it's just paying a Command Point for a Cyclic Ion Raker shot from off-table.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

TheChirurgeon posted:

But terminators? I mean, they're not even good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Maneck posted:

But terminators? I mean, they're not even good.

The rules are wholly different so I wouldn't try to base any assumptions on anything but 40k fluff.