Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best In The South
This poll is closed.
Atlanta Falcons 33 16.92%
Carolina Panthers 42 21.54%
New Orleans Saints 42 21.54%
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 17 8.72%
You All Suck 61 31.28%
Total: 195 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Joey Freshwater posted:

idgi

Who are they?

Black actresses...but idgi either...but but I also laughed because screw the Saint

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

weird Asian candy posted:

Black actresses...but idgi either...but but I also laughed because screw the Saint

This was pretty much it for me.

My team is the division joke so I have to get shots in when available.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Pretty sure we've posted this but it's throwback Thursday.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
Is there a statute of limitations for the "rings" rebuttal? Asking for a friend.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Is there a statute of limitations for the "rings" rebuttal? Asking for a friend.

When you win one!

Edit: Or 2803, whichever comes first.

Silly Burrito fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Jul 12, 2018

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
We also need to amend that picture to say Undefeated in Super Bowls at the top.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Silly Burrito posted:

When you win one!

Edit: Or 2803, whichever comes first.

drat. I am sad face.

I feel like the Falcon's should at least get 75% of a ring...

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
I don't even care about that superbowl loss anymore

*hurriedly shuffles obfuscatory objects over blueprints labelled "plans to get even with Tom Brady"*

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Chilichimp posted:

I don't even care about that superbowl loss anymore

*hurriedly shuffles obfuscatory objects over blueprints labelled "plans to get even with Tom Brady"*

What happened to the plans to get even with Kyle Shanahan?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

What happened to the plans to get even with Kyle Shanahan?

There were no plans!

*hurriedly shuffles obfuscatory objects over erased text on the brady plans that says "plans to get even with Kyle Shanahan"*

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

lol

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Who's winning a Super Bowl first, the Panthers or the Falcons?

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Silly Burrito posted:

This is what sucks about what happened in SBLI...you just never know. Everything has to line up.

As objective as I can be, I think Atlanta has the better roster, with lottsa young talent so I would say them but again...you just never know.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Silly Burrito posted:

The London Panthers.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Silly Burrito posted:

Falcons.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Silly Burrito posted:

Tough call, because both cam and matt could retire before ever sniffing another SB.

If the premise of the question is "say Cam and Matt both win a superbowl, which one does it first", I'd say The Falcons, because they've just got a more complete roster.

Comedy option, Ryan is traded to the Panthers and Julio signs his "gently caress the Falcons deal" after sitting for 3 years and they win back to back appearances.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Chilichimp posted:

Comedy option, Ryan is traded to the Panthers and they win back to back appearances.

This is just wrong and makes me feel really uncomfortable to think about.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

That Works posted:

This is just wrong and makes me feel really uncomfortable to think about.

Same fam

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

Falcons. But I think the Panthers make it to the super bowl again at least once first.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
It's a brutal NFL. I mean if you think about it on average, if parity was nearly perfect you'd GO to the super bowl every 16 years and WIN the super bowl every 32 years. 32 years is a long loving time and then you factor in things like "not being the patriots or the broncos" and you've got a long wait ahead of you.

The good news is I do believe the super bowl is gonna open up a little with Brady gone. The bad news is he's not gone yet and the NFC is as competitive as it ever has been. If the Falcons moved to the AFC I'd give them a 25% chance to win the super bowl straight up

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Silly Burrito posted:

Falcons

Not that the Panthers couldn't though

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
lotta people forgetting atlanta and sports championships when picking the falcons

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

sword_man.gif posted:

lotta people forgetting atlanta and sports championships when picking the falcons

Shut the gently caress up, JERRY.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
It's kind of amazing Jameis only threw 11 INT's last year.

https://twitter.com/PFF/status/1018869633879863297

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

wandler20 posted:

It's kind of amazing Jameis only threw 11 INT's last year.

https://twitter.com/PFF/status/1018869633879863297

Not really.

He's throwing a lot of balls that only his mutant WRs can catch.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
I am a dumb and went to the Pewter report board and there's at least 3 posts that are defending Winston and I can't wrap my head around it

quote:

Stop all the Winston hate!

Ayron54
Jul 10, 18 at 6:18 am #1093038
Let’s not forget that all of this happened with Jameis and this Uber driver 2 years ago!! Everyone is acting like he did these things recently. Yeah it’s a shame that he was too intoxicated to remember it but it’s gotta be a good thing that the young man has removed liquor from his life 2 years ago because of it and since the incident has not had any issues and I feel has shown lots of maturation.
It’s just becoming daunting hearing everyone bad mouth the kid like he just did it when we all have known these allegations existed.
Still strikes me as odd that no legal complaint was ever filed and that he is just now getting reprimanded for an incident that took place 2 years ago.

FYI sexual assault has a statue of limitations. If he did this today it would be a problem but 2 years ago???? nbd

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Fans are dumb

Play
Apr 25, 2006

I watch Winston's first game against Mariota the other day. What a loving travesty. I can't believe people have kept on believing he's just about to turn the corner for three years now

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Play posted:

I watch Winston's first game against Mariota the other day. What a loving travesty. I can't believe people have kept on believing he's just about to turn the corner for three years now

Um.

One guy has improved every year despite having the worst (arguably) rushing game in the league. One guy took a massive step back last year while having one of the best rushing games in the league.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
*unsheathes sword* I cant believe the QB with the worst playcaller and designer in the league has bad stats

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Metapod posted:

*unsheathes sword* I cant believe the QB with the worst playcaller and designer in the league has bad stats

Counterpoint, Dirk Koetter.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
*playaction with two guys running routes and both running to the same area* WOW THIS QB JUST CANT MAKE PLAYS

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
*runs injured hb on first down every single time and then sometimes again on 2nd down resulting in 3rd and long* WOW THIS QB JUST CANT MOVE THE BALL

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Metapod posted:

*runs injured hb on first down every single time and then sometimes again on 2nd down resulting in 3rd and long* WOW THIS QB JUST CANT MOVE THE BALL

I'm very familiar with the Dirk Koetter Experience.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
https://twitter.com/TampaBayTre/status/1019690359775989764

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
lol this sad franchise

https://twitter.com/gregauman/status/1019331735178399745

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Stop fighting guys, you both had really bad playcallers.

Anyways I wasn't trying to start an argument. It was just a really funny game between two guys who will forever be linked. This coming season should show once and for all who's the better QB. My money is still on Mariota but hey you never know. In THAT GAME (and only that game, no commentary on the future) it was amazing how much better prepared Mariota was, how much quicker he was, how much more accurate. Faster release. More athletic. Everything basically. Winston looked totally lost. I agree with you that he has improved though and I think they both have a chance to be decent to good QBs.

Quick question though, why the hell didn't Dirk Koetter get let go after last season??

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Play posted:

Stop fighting guys, you both had really bad playcallers.

Anyways I wasn't trying to start an argument. It was just a really funny game between two guys who will forever be linked. This coming season should show once and for all who's the better QB. My money is still on Mariota but hey you never know. In THAT GAME (and only that game, no commentary on the future) it was amazing how much better prepared Mariota was, how much quicker he was, how much more accurate. Faster release. More athletic. Everything basically. Winston looked totally lost. I agree with you that he has improved though and I think they both have a chance to be decent to good QBs.

Quick question though, why the hell didn't Dirk Koetter get let go after last season??

Yeah, Mariota destroyed that defense that Lovie put on the field. It was ugly. For whatever reason, when Jameis plays Mariota he turns into complete poo poo. That NCAA playoff game was a disaster.

Koetter most likely got another year because the Winston injury sort of derailed the season. Also, the fact that they had been going through coaches every couple years so maybe having the same coach for more than 2 years will result in some wins.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
*Team starts doing no huddle which means Mariota is calling the plays and not robeski* HOLY poo poo THE BALL IS MOVING

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Go home Metapod, yer drunk

• Locked thread