Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

Philthy posted:

The amount of people who simply ignore ammo bins is amazing.

Streamers ignore them all the time (because they can farm players) so every little kid wrongly thinks they should ignore them too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Philthy posted:

The amount of people who simply ignore ammo bins is amazing.

I loving love this, generally if the box is in the open it's 50/50 if someone grabs it, but there are boxes under the first floor stairs of 2 story houses and no one ever grabs those.

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

MF_James posted:

I loving love this, generally if the box is in the open it's 50/50 if someone grabs it, but there are boxes under the first floor stairs of 2 story houses and no one ever grabs those.

Also any ammo boxes on the top of shelves get completely ignored by most players.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Kiranamos posted:

Streamers ignore them all the time (because they can farm players) so every little kid wrongly thinks they should ignore them too

I wonder how much better of a gamer am I because I never watch streamers. I always grab this ammo.

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

He damned me for a eunuch,
and my mother for a whore.

Fun Shoe

Super Rad posted:

Fun fact: you can't be the worst teammate imaginable if you have the battlepass because at the very least you're giving everyone bonus xp.

This is a good point that didn't get enough attention last page. Thanks for your teamwork!

(resumes buffing that solid 1:3175 k/d ratio)

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I logged into the game on my PC last night and I discovered its not recording stats. 0 play time, 0 kills, etc. It says stats last updated never. That explains why stats sites say my username is not found I guess

Uh, is there a fix for this?

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
I can't find out any way to take off back bling!

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!

Carecat posted:

Lots of reports about this elsewhere. Same with switching back to the default skins if you have any non-default skins at all. It's unclear if this is a bug or not, but it'd shock me if it wasn't.

Is the Discord in the OP still the best place to look for goons to team up with?

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat
You can drive karts in solo mode. I found a few in the new desert town :)

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

codo27 posted:

Was about to look down on you and then I remembered when I took a week off work when Diablo 3 came out. MY CONTRACT WAS ALMOST UP AND I HAD TO USE THE HOLIDAYS SHUT UP

It's not the sole reason I moved work around, but it was a contributing factor :colbert: haha.

I dig a lot of the added stuff, can't wait to get the basketball to see what's good with the new sports items.

interpunct
Aug 2, 2006

Bad girls think that you're being a boob punch

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

I logged into the game on my PC last night and I discovered its not recording stats. 0 play time, 0 kills, etc. It says stats last updated never. That explains why stats sites say my username is not found I guess

Uh, is there a fix for this?

If you're playing on Switch or mobile, stats still aren't being tracked for either platform.

By the way, I love how the storm circles work at the endgame. I just got my first solo win of the season by killing one dude who was running in an open field while the tower camper got lost in the storm.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

interpunct posted:

If you're playing on Switch or mobile, stats still aren't being tracked for either platform.

By the way, I love how the storm circles work at the endgame. I just got my first solo win of the season by killing one dude who was running in an open field while the tower camper got lost in the storm.

I agree. The end game should be less "this person got there early and poo poo out a fortress" and more "you assholes need to think on the fly."

Beastie fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Jul 12, 2018

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

I need something stronger.

McGlockenshire posted:

Is the Discord in the OP still the best place to look for goons to team up with?

The Overchill one is pretty active. The others not so much.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Seditiar posted:

Fix what TP problem? The lag is not as bad, but still horrible (at least hover turrets don't make it laggy anymore).

The Outlander (and to a lesser extent Ninja) abilities damage output didn't scale well against enemies found in TP, even with a high Tech stat.

That said, I tried the new Phase-Shift on TEDD-Shot Jess this morning and it is a game changer. The faster cooldown, longer distance, upping the reserves to 3, and the speed boost after use made it feel like I was using an entirely different class. The synergy of being able to fly over a point, plonk down a turret, and zip back behind cover feels great.

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

codo27 posted:

Was about to look down on you and then I remembered when I took a week off work when Diablo 3 came out. MY CONTRACT WAS ALMOST UP AND I HAD TO USE THE HOLIDAYS SHUT UP

So? Got in after 1 hour in EU. :smuggo:

Father Wendigo posted:

The Outlander (and to a lesser extent Ninja) abilities damage output didn't scale well against enemies found in TP, even with a high Tech stat.

That said, I tried the new Phase-Shift on TEDD-Shot Jess this morning and it is a game changer. The faster cooldown, longer distance, upping the reserves to 3, and the speed boost after use made it feel like I was using an entirely different class. The synergy of being able to fly over a point, plonk down a turret, and zip back behind cover feels great.

Ah that, yeah we'll have to see what the ability buffs do for balance. And even if it isn't, it's good to hear Outlanders play a lot better at least.

Edit: The 76 Horde Bash seems to scale somewhat endlessly. I've personally done challenge 18 (power level 115 iirc), but a streamer is at 21 already, which has power level 127 husks. This is awesome.

Seditiar fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Jul 12, 2018

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

drat this patch is so good.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
It rules that ps4 services had a meltdown today

Mongoose
Jul 7, 2005
So much fun with the karts and the rifts. I love dropping at the moai statue just northwest of dusty, looting it and the nearby houses then taking the rift there and popping over to the lazy links to kill someone and claim an ATK. Got my season 5 victory umbrella!

I tried the gyro for a bit, but it seems really shakey and laggy compared to splatoon's version. In mid-range I found the sticks a lot easier to use because sticks get crazy lock-on effect of auto-aim, but gyro doesn't. I might try enabling gyro for snipers only, since there's no auto aim there and sniping flicks would be really useful.

Retro42
Jun 27, 2011

Horde mode is exactly what I was craving. Fast paced battles with pre made forts. Scratches the itch when I want to shoot zombies but not spend 10-20 prepping a fort.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

There's a 12 minute queue time to get into the main screen on xbone. Is this a rampant problem?

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
everyone i was playing with just got immediately disconnevted a couple minutes ago, maybe that happened to everyone ingame and that's why there's a queue? there was no wait when we first logged in like an hour ago

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

Sandwolf posted:

There's a 12 minute queue time to get into the main screen on xbone. Is this a rampant problem?

nah. the servers have been good all day up until about 10-15 mins ago. Something got hung up on the load balancer side of things probably.

status.epicgames.com

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Mr Hootington posted:

It rules that ps4 services had a meltdown today

It's like a play in two acts.

Father Wendigo fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Jul 13, 2018

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Yeah I'm in queue too. 16 minutes

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Lmao now epic has meltdown. How hard is this?

A Typical Goon
Feb 25, 2011
I just waited 12 minutes and nothing happened, the queue is a lie

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

A Typical Goon posted:

I just waited 12 minutes and nothing happened, the queue is a lie

This

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I got a victory royale when it crashed. It rules.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Cant wait to see that it disnt count.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Me too then I managed to log back in and it told me 30 lol. Oh well

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Countdown ended and it's just telling me to reconnect controller.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Mr Hootington posted:

Lmao now epic has meltdown. How hard is this?

It’s a pretty popular game. I’m surprised it runs as well as it does.

marathon Stairmaster sesh
Apr 28, 2009

ALL HAIL CEO NUGGET
1988-PRESENT

Things just I learned in Horde Bash 2018: Unsummoning a defender right when the final wave end causes the game to trap me in limbo and refuses to give me the results screen.

Golashes
Aug 8, 2006

team starslay3r!!!!!!
I see the servers as flat out offline on PC.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Only a paltry 46 minutes to wait in the queue this time before nothing happens again. I want my money back!

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

https://twitter.com/fortnitegame/status/1017573261801123840?s=21

Golashes
Aug 8, 2006

team starslay3r!!!!!!
I am personally outraged that my ten dollars I spent ten months ago didn't put me in a "Super Gamer Queue" personally

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Golashes posted:

I am personally outraged that my ten dollars I spent ten months ago didn't put me in a "Super Gamer Queue" personally

Ill be mad for you this month since i spent $10 for the pass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!

Carecat posted:

According to this post on reddit, it looks like the "nothing" slot can be selected after you pick the "random" slot.

Neon Belly posted:

The Overchill one is pretty active. The others not so much.

Thanks, I'll be joining there ... eventually. It's been fifteen years since I played a multiplayer FPS. Getting used to a never-ending stream of randos is really proving to be difficult for me.