Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Really disappointed in Mr Hayden. Would definitely remove any retweets of his comic from my timeline if it wasn't so much effort.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

avshalemon
Jun 28, 2018

alethia is my new favourite robot webcomic!

avshalemon
Jun 28, 2018

the robots are much sexier than dresden cock and the art and writing are better. everybody wins!

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
This comic feels like a long, extended koan and I don't know if I understand it but I also don't feel like I have to? It makes me feel dumb but in a good way.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

avshalemon posted:

To anyone else who starts reading this: Keep reading past the ovipositor, it gets less avshalommy.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

avshalemon posted:

I'm intrigued. Though it might be difficult to keep up with when a new comic is posted. I'll be following it nonetheless.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Archenteron posted:

To anyone else who starts reading this: Stop reading past the ovipositor, it gets less avshalommy.

avshalemon
Jun 28, 2018

prudes

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012
prunes?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

RIP SFP thread. Died as it lived, covered in pasta.

avshalemon
Jun 28, 2018

Synthbuttrange posted:

but there's still one more volume to go!

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

avshalemon posted:

but there's still one more volume to go!

I hope neither the artist or writer remember their lovely comic exists and just leave their stupid fanbase hanging for the rest of eternity.

avshalemon
Jun 28, 2018

i'm pumped for it tbh, the way the comic started out almost promising and then just kept getting exponentially stupider and stupider with every single update has been magical and the fact that it's ending so abruptly (without just getting dropped) makes me hope for a fiasco like the end of ctrl alt delete 1.0

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

Doesn't the SFP thread OP know that this means all the Clevin memes and terrible posts will come here now? As will the mediocre posts, like mine.

That or they'll flood the K6BD thread which would be a tragedy.

...also does this mean the OP finally admits it's not getting better?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

avshalemon posted:

i'm pumped for it tbh, the way the comic started out almost promising and then just kept getting exponentially stupider and stupider with every single update has been magical and the fact that it's ending so abruptly (without just getting dropped) makes me hope for a fiasco like the end of ctrl alt delete 1.0

It kinda makes me wonder what the actual artist of SFP thinks of the whole thing, because I've read other stuff that was either written by her herself or not at all tied to the writer of SFP and found it to actually be pretty solid, yet that comic seems universally reviled around these parts.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Her solo stuff suffers from the same issues as her work on SFP, it's just become so soft and formless. It doesnt suffer from SFP's awful writing though.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Maybe it'll open up again when SFP comes back

Galvanik
Feb 28, 2013

Joe Slowboat posted:

Doesn't the SFP thread OP know that this means all the Clevin memes and terrible posts will come here now?
Summary bans for anyone who does this imo.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Galvanik posted:

Alternative option; mandatory clevins in every post.

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

Galvanik posted:

Nuebot posted:

Alternative option; mandatory clevins in every post.

As a local Clevin expert, please, do the first one. It's the only way to save the K6BD thread, which deserves life.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Synthbuttrange posted:

Her solo stuff suffers from the same issues as her work on SFP, it's just become so soft and formless. It doesnt suffer from SFP's awful writing though.

Yeah, her art's decline is just as at fault as the writing, it really illustrates the shift from a gritty, tough look at the modern world and the limitations of superheroes in a theoretical real world setting to cartoonish, soft and non-confrontational. It's become just like Clevin (pasta be unto him).

anti-magic
Sep 9, 2012

We've come up in the ram-raiding business, Owl.
It's all high class now.
No more baby seats.

Synthbuttrange posted:

*pours out a 40 of pasta*

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
idonotlikepasta

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
No clevins in this thread please.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
Welcome to the Scary Go Round/Poppy/Strong Female Protagonist Muti Megathread Extravaganza

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Wait what happened with SFP? I put up a mental block about it years ago.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

PMush Perfect posted:

Wait what happened with SFP? I put up a mental block about it years ago.

Not sure where you left off, but it all started to go down hill around when one of Alison's former teammates decided to be a serial killer (who killed people who had raped).

- Alison fought against her, but, like, really half-heartedly, and the narrative sort of implied that the serial killing wasn't the problem, it was the chance that she'd mistakenly go after someone falsely accused of rape.
- The guy with fire powers was also there, and he died, and literally no one cared. Also a dam blew up up and it didn't hurt anyone so there were no consequences.
- Alison got kicked out of her college dorm by her roommate, so she went to live temporarily with Paladin, the ersatz Iron Man. Together the two of them brainstormed a new business that was basically "what if we got a bunch female superheroes and women could hire them to be bodyguards when they felt unsafe" which... makes absolutely no sense, but whatever.
- Alison attended one (1) college class, and got really mad when people didn't behave rationally during an example of the Prisoner's Dilemma. She meets with her professor who tells her that sometimes, forcing people to do things your way is the right way to do things. Then he disappears and we find out he wasn't actually the professor and is maybe a time-traveler or something. Whatever.
- Alison found out about a guy who could boost superpowers, so she wanted him to boost the powers of her regenerating friend who was sacrificing her life to constantly donate organs. The guy refused, so Alison forced him to do it with physical violence and threats of murder. Regenerating friend started regenerating so quickly that she literally maxed out the organ donation market, so now she gets days off.
- Alison met a completely meek and personality-less person named Clevin, whom she instantly and bizarrely fell in love with. They started dating. Later, Clevin continues to show no redeeming qualities whatsoever, like when Alison gives a speech and thanks her superhero friends whom she's known for years, but neglects to mention the new boyfriend who cooked her pasta. Clevin is incredibly emotionally hurt by this.
- Patrick the mind-reader shows back up, and he's all emotionally hosed up, so Alison goes on a MIND ADVENTURE to fix him. Fixing him is done by having her mental construct punch other mental constructs inside his brain and basically burning the place to the ground. Afterwards, he thanks her for forcibly altering his personality, and then hits on her.

So the status quo, as of now, is that the comic about a super-strong/tough person realizing that you can't solve the big picture problems with punches and trying to find another way, has solved all her problems with punches and isn't doing anything other than sorta making uber-with-supers in the background. And Clevin continues to exist.

In summary:

Bobulus fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Jul 13, 2018

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

This thread continues to be a zone where we don't talk about Clevin.

If you want to talk about Clevin please make a new WE NEED TO TALK ABOUT CLEVIN thread.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges
Clevin and Clell

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Also the scene of the strong female protagonist forcing the guy able to improve people's superpower to comply was written and illustrated like a sexual assault scene and neither the writer or artist were aware of it

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
god drat, how did it fall so fuckin far

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Don't forget the support group scene that seriously read like a right wing parody of social justice politics.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

SO ANYWAY

Currently in Stand Still, Stay Silent, our heroes have finally got out of each other's heads, but Lalli continues not to be back in his own. Meanwhile, all Emil has to do is absolutely nothing. Can he succeed?

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
they literally had her punch away somebodys deeply entrenched emotional issues stemming from living a fundamentally different existence like thats a level i couldnt even dream of

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i fell off ssss when the slur thing came up and if i understand correctly my favorite character died and is gone for good so i just dont think im ever going to come back to it lmao

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Tollymain posted:

god drat, how did it fall so fuckin far

More than likely it's the same thing that happens with a lot of stories that start out with a strong high concept and get lost along the way: not really planning enough of the overarching plot out.

Also it turns out that writing a deconstruction of superheroes that's got takes fresher than 1985 requires some controversial stances that would be sure to upset some part of the political spectrum, and are hard to articulate in any medium.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
better to take a stance that upsets people then to just go to utter poo poo imo

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

I am going to continue talking about other poo poo until people shut up about SFP or I close this thread for a day.

How about that Dangerously Chloe? It looks like it managed to quit talking about how much the protagonist wants to perform oral sex on high school boys for like two whole strips!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
a modern deconstruction of superheroes is easy. they dont matter in the big picture. all they can do is engage in the slow, grinding, painful process of clawing some small progress to basic human decency and respect from society along with everybody else who gives enough of a poo poo

the most allison could ever do with her power is what she did in the beginning where she basically neutralized the power imbalance of the protest by existing there, and im really surprised that they missed that lmao