Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Scruffpuff posted:

Remember how Sandi stuffed her face full of food in front of the camera after the thread criticized her for eating donuts in front of people trying to keep on a diet? Kind of a nice "gently caress you" for people who might be watching?

Chris has other kids than the ones you saw on that show. I'll let you connect the dots.

:sandance: What a treasure! :sandance:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TacticalNecromancy
May 25, 2015

It's weird. I've spent some money and have felt an increase in personal fidelity via generous donations.

Is this how Chris feels all the time?

Morphix
May 21, 2003

by Reene

Hobold posted:

Maybe we're just looking at this all wrong.

Maybe CIG isn't making a product, but a service.

All of CIG exists to give us spectrum and :reddit: to watch and poke.

People were right when they said there is no game, because this is it.

:suspense:

I mean, you may be right, in a way this game has probably opened up these dudes imaginations in a bigger way than they've done since their childhoods. maybe that's why so many of them defend it, there is nothing rational about what roberts has tapped into, it's something more.

G0RF posted:

$10 to $20. But I’m not sure CIG is really cutting half the content. ATVs are shorter and clearly now aimed at making the game seem cool and good for new viewers. I bet Ship Shape gets rolled out as a weekly show aimed at collectors, some variation on LoreMakers gets served up for Theorycrafters, and Lando gets a live hangout show for the reality show junkies.

Wait the support is tiered as well? gently caress me these assholes won't try to insert zealotry into every pay mechanism. What do you get at the $20 dollar vs the $10 pledge?

eitherway it seems like if you took the main show they produced (atv was it right?) and cut its' length from 30 minutes to 5-8 minutes, that's quite a lot of content lost.

Morphix fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Jul 12, 2018

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
how is moma still being all :smug:

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Hey TB!

As to the question, :iiam:

I can’t imagine he’s still deluded about the state of the game in mid 2018. Maybe he’s just trolling because it’s more fun than playing the $189 million 6 year old game he used to believe in?

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

The options are insane, brainwashed or trolling and he doesn't come off as insane like the reddit all-stars shrieking STRUTS STRUTS STRUTS

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

6m08s in - future "Utilitarian Habs" sale upcoming hype! In time for Citizen Con 2018?

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

The current iteration of MoMA is a reasonably skilled troll, which I respect better than "deluded believer backer"

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

:gary: :yarg:

G0RF posted:

Dude, I don't know how to break this to you but the brand is burnt. “Scam Citizen” is the new “No Man’s Lie”.

The PC gaming public doesn’t want the game made — they want it to crash, burn and go away.

Watch the reaction at the PC Gaming Show. Educate yourself.

Read the Twitch chat. I'll even make it easy for you.

Listen to the crowd reaction after their latest misleading trailer comes to an end. "Polite clap" would be the polite way to phrase it. Those viewers? They're the PC Gaming public that you think wants to see the game get made.

--

Listen to the daily streamers — the whales who have a vested interested in the success of the game that presumably exceeds your own. The most popular streamers struggle to get over 100 viewers. They're all adding other games to their rotation, and talking about how hard it is to make streaming work when Star Citizen isn't a game.

https://clips.twitch.tv/NurturingTriumphantAnacondaSoonerLater

--

Watch what happens when a popular streamer gets paid to stream the game for 4 hours, get handed guided tours by SC streamers.

These are the actual highlights:

https://clips.twitch.tv/FunExquisiteTermiteDxAbomb
https://clips.twitch.tv/HonorableAggressiveSpindleMrDestructoid
https://clips.twitch.tv/JoyousHelplessAlfalfaOSsloth
https://clips.twitch.tv/UnusualElegantClintmullinsBloodTrail
https://clips.twitch.tv/NastyJoyousPresidentOptimizePrime

Seriously. Mitauchi was as good a hand-holder as anybody could've asked for, but the guided tour was for a high-fidelity bugfest with so little to do that it became a LARPathon. There was nothing else to do.

--

This is Chris in 2016 describing coordinated team efforts to board a ship, hack security, overcome AI, and win the objective. (steal the loot.)

This is an excerpt from an upcoming real, free to play gameplay expansion, where players have boarded a ship and are coordinating efforts to overcome secure, defeat AI, and win the object (blow up the ship.)

--

Are you starting to get it yet?

The brand is trashed from years upon years of lies that you somehow convinced yourself were entirely acceptable and cool and good.

I hope it's not a shock for you to learn that most gamers don't actually have such impossibly low standards for what game development or customer treatment is actually supposed to look like. The majority actually think that this kind of treatment is not cool, not good, and that $189 million and six years are far more than any studio, even a brand new one, would need to make two games that could have, and should have, and would have taken less time had Chris Roberts not decided to constantly try to one up every competitor and treat people like you like some perpetual ATM that he inserted IOUs into while you threw money back at him over and over and over again, pausing only to show up here and strike :smuggo: poses while owning yourself for years upon end.

Dude, you know I love you but for real, you need a new schtick. Like a firmware update. It's not 2015 anymore.

but Gorf CR absolved himself of all wrongdoing. There all fixed up. Please pledge more.

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

:gary: :yarg:

Cameroon_TLPC posted:

We are an adult game for adult gamers. No compromises.

will steam allow it? They dont like nude anime titties do they?

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

intardnation posted:

everyone likes nude anime titties, especially gaben

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

intardnation posted:

You can sell games then go get nood patch elsewhere is how people get around it. (I assume this is love pledge's plan)

Recently there was some bruhaha because purist groups got Huniepop delisted for inappropriate content.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

always remember that you are talking about a man that kickstarted a belt.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

intardnation posted:

but Gorf CR absolved himself of all wrongdoing. There all fixed up. Please pledge more.

I stand corrected!

As you were, MoMA —> :smuggo:

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

ManofManyAliases posted:

Not true. I wanted the space game of my dreams. If it was about the money, I'd either have donated more or have gotten a refund. No for me (at this point), it's about principle. I want people in this thread to be proven wrong. Which, won't happen because the shifting narrative will be "well poo poo, they did it. We'll just buy in now and grief your 27k ships you spergs. We still win." But not really, because there's only like 15 of you who actually give enough of a poo poo to post the dissonance here and somehow, you think that's going to make the difference to the overall public who want the game made. Keep at it though?

The public perception of Store Citizen is already in the toilet, it can't really go much lower. If you give CIG enough time it will always dig its own hole further and further with lies and incompetence. Personally, I don't care about changing a single remaining backer's mind, CIG and them deserve each other. I see whales like Clifford who is 50K and counting deep in this mess and I want them to pledge even more. Store Citizen is a shambling money-stuffed animate corpse of a video game project lurching into its seventh year of development hell, I just get some laughs from poking it with a stick once in a while and seeing what comes out. The more money the whales keep throwing at it, the longer its darkly comedic death agonies will go on.

Really though, if by some miracle Store Citizen launched tomorrow in all its promised glory, I would be ecstatic. It's a project that I always really wanted to succeed, but over these almost 7 years, CIG has never once shown me that they are in any way capable of delivering it. All there is a basket of promises and dreams surrounding a broken tech demo that encompasses less than 1% of the hundred star systems they have promised. There is no rational argument for Store Citizen at this point, there is only blind faith rooted in willful ignorance and cognitive dissonance.

colonelwest fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Jul 13, 2018

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Scruffpuff posted:

There's also a fine line between "dumbing down" and "streamlining." One man's depth is another man's unnecessary complexity. It's a tough balance to strike when no two people agree. That said, it's amazing how often games err too far in either direction since a reasonable middle ground generally makes for pretty good games overall.

I'm all for Progress Quest until the last patch where I had to click twice or something stupid to make it start. Like how am I supposed to focus my ADHD self long enough to

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

ZekeNY posted:

Wait, so Store Citizer can't be a ruthless free-for-all and a zero-risk carebear paradise at the same time? I'm shocked, shocked to hear this.

:allears:

This is FUD. Star Citizen is everything you want.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Quavers posted:

They can't be Starbuck because Star Citizen doesn't have :females: (either to play as one or to womanize)

e: catte taxxe

I no joke liked the Starbuck character in BSG. She had such cute hair too I loved it. :j:

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Bofast posted:

Perhaps you could tell us a little about boat biology, instead? I'm going on a mini-cruise in two weeks and could use some pointers.

Sure.

Important facts to know about boats, Volume 1:

In which the boat moves.

Engines.

Hull.

Don't hit icebergs. This kills the boat. :sureboat:

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

You should have backed Transverse!

Blue On Blue posted:

For a company where the VP had to go into hiding because of being harassed, you would think they would keep their kids as far from it as possible

And yet here we are
What's the most hosed up reason you can think of for the Robert's putting his kids into the videos? Anyone have any desire to crawl iMDB? If I had to bet a dollar it would be Sandi has realized she is a washed up hag with no acting skills and her light is fading. But not her kids!! Wouldn't surprised to learn Sandi's masterplan is to pimp the kids out on Star Citizen shows to pad their iMDB/acting resume before dragging them to any casting call that will have them. But hey--that is just the most hosed up reason I can think of... Certainly the kids are appearing for a reason less hosed up than that...

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Saints, can we please not obsess over their children. It is simply not a good look. We all know it's a scam, you don't need to go into cunning detective mode just because there's children on screen.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

:toot: CitizenCon Tickets Wave 2 :toot:

Remember how they had 1200 pleb tickets still available? Well....

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/citizencon/tickets

:laffo: :roflolmao:

monkeytek
Jun 8, 2010

It wasn't an ELE that wiped out the backer funds. It was Tristan Timothy Taylor.

HycoCam posted:

What's the most hosed up reason you can think of for the Robert's putting his kids into the videos? Anyone have any desire to crawl iMDB? If I had to bet a dollar it would be Sandi has realized she is a washed up hag with no acting skills and her light is fading. But not her kids!! Wouldn't surprised to learn Sandi's masterplan is to pimp the kids out on Star Citizen shows to pad their iMDB/acting resume before dragging them to any casting call that will have them. But hey--that is just the most hosed up reason I can think of... Certainly the kids are appearing for a reason less hosed up than that...

Happens every day, called stage moms, momagers, etc. Just look at the kiddy pageants adults selling their children to the devil to live out their failed dreams.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Spiderdrake posted:

Saints, can we please not obsess over their children. It is simply not a good look. We all know it's a scam, you don't need to go into cunning detective mode just because there's children on screen.

It's much better than the previous reason certain citizens would go into detective mode when kids are on screen ..... ps is he in jail yet ?

Strangler 42
Jan 8, 2007

SHAVE IT ALL OFF
ALL OF IT

Quavers posted:

:toot: CitizenCon Tickets Wave 2 :toot:

Remember how they had 1200 pleb tickets still available? Well....

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/citizencon/tickets

:laffo: :roflolmao:

Sure, just invite that friend that you've been evangelizing to for the past 7 years, you know, the one that rolls their eyes when you gush about Store Citizen for an hour straight.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

hot balls man no homo posted:

Sure, just invite that friend that you've been evangelizing to for the past 7 years, you know, the one that rolls their eyes when you gush about Store Citizen for an hour straight.

"My hot cousin? What a great idea, thanks!" - a Citizen, probably

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

ManofManyAliases posted:

I want people in this thread to be proven wrong. Which, won't happen because the shifting narrative will be "well poo poo, they did it. We'll just buy in now and grief your 27k ships you spergs. We still win."

Wait. So you think it won't happen because the narrative will shift, not because it… well… won't actually happen. That's loving retarded. :roflolmao:

Grubby Hobo
Feb 13, 2018

There's something else about bears not many people know. If a bear gets hooked on the taste of crowdfunding, it becomes a man-killer. He'll go on a rampage and has to be destroyed. And that's why you should never hug a bear.
The pleb tickets did not sell because all the Commandos who still believe in The Dream consider themselves elite.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

Tippis posted:

Wait. So you think it won't happen because the narrative will shift, not because it… well… won't actually happen. That's loving retarded. :roflolmao:

Not only that, but he's calling our modus operandi from day loving 1 a "shift in the narrative." I think he forgets how many people here originally pledged for the same reason he did. We just smelled the scam sooner. And then continued to see the scam when it was so goddamned obvious you could see it from space. (The only space you can't see the scam from is inside Star Citizen.)

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

hot balls man no homo posted:

Somehow seeing a coked-up bear present a hopelessly divorced from reality sizzle reel of dreams is always more convincing in person.

What are they really going to show for themselves this year though, aside from Space Real Estate sales? Sandworm riding to recruit desert nomads for a holy war? A giant vertically oriented space bomber that doesn't even make sense in the universe it was ripped off from?

colonelwest fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Jul 13, 2018

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Scruffpuff fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Jul 13, 2018

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

Spiderdrake posted:

Yes. There is so much that is funnier and wronger about SC.

Like, STRUTS! are a million times funnier than Sandi actress tropes fan fic.

Earlier this week, we were making fun of Citizens obsessed wIth Derek’s dick and then the thread spent a page or so riffing on Roberts’. And people keep talking about the upcoming Warframe features in the present tense which is an extremely Star Citizen move.

Hi Vertices. This is my “We’re not so different you and I” speech. :justpost:

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

This is fantastic.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

ManofManyAliases posted:

Not true. I wanted the space game of my dreams. If it was about the money, I'd either have donated more or have gotten a refund. No for me (at this point), it's about principle. I want people in this thread to be proven wrong. Which, won't happen because the shifting narrative will be "well poo poo, they did it. We'll just buy in now and grief your 27k ships you spergs. We still win." But not really, because there's only like 15 of you who actually give enough of a poo poo to post the dissonance here and somehow, you think that's going to make the difference to the overall public who want the game made. Keep at it though?

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

You gotta stop posting those, I can't breathe anymore.

Experimental Skin
Apr 16, 2016

A German Court posted:

German Court Bans Vague Dates like "Coming Soon" in Marketing and Sales

Vague dates like "coming soon" or "shipping soon" to lure pre-orders is outlawed in Germany, after a Munich Regional High Court ruling, in which a litigant took reseller MediaMarkt to court over excessive delivery delays. For any retailer to sell a pre-order for a commodity or a digital software license (i.e. take payment before product launch date), the reseller must specify the exact date of on which the product will be delivered. In other words, the onus is on the reseller to specify when a buyer will have the product or digital license in their possession, before making the sale, and ensure that the product reaches the consumer on or before the specified date.

Resellers that are unable to specify a delivery date would be breaking the law by soliciting pre-orders. The new ruling bolsters Germany's consumer rights laws, which are among the strictest in the world. German consumers are already within their rights to return a product they don't like for no reason, within a finite amount of time after the sale. If a retailer delivers later than the specified delivery date, the consumer can refuse the product and become eligible for a full refund. Perhaps the biggest impact of this ruling will fall on the real-estate industry. Real-estate developers taking payments from home-buyers before the completion of the development (i.e. transfer of possession) of a property, must be ready to cough up a full-refund (adjusted by inflation), if the buyer doesn't get possession on the agreed delivery date.

https://www.techpowerup.com/245920/german-court-bans-vague-dates-like-coming-soon-in-marketing-and-sales

Good for Store Citizer this is.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

why does a belt need to be crowdfunded

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Awesome! posted:

why does a belt need to be crowdfunded
Cuz big belt is strapping down the little guys, keeping belts stuck in the early 00s, refusing to dream big. Refusing to progress belting into the future.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

ManofManyAliases posted:

No for me (at this point), it's about principle. I want people in this thread to be proven wrong.

Protip: Be right about something.