Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

If you want to play the I-didn't-know-this-was-a-hippo-bar game with me, that's fine.

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

It was a ninja test. Boruto failed because he got caught.

Since I haven't really given a poo poo about Naruto since it stopped being Ninja Scroll Babies, I'll allow that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Spanish Matlock posted:

Since I haven't really given a poo poo about Naruto since it stopped being Ninja Scroll Babies, I'll allow that.

This just made me realize I don't think there's even been a single summon in Boruto. I kind of miss them. Naruto summoning the frogs was always fun and I liked that the summons were often creatures you wouldn't normally associate with battle/coolness, like said frogs or slugs. Snakes, sharks and dogs were in too, but the weird ones were better in my opinion.

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

If you want to play the I-didn't-know-this-was-a-hippo-bar game with me, that's fine.
Naruto was kind of cool when it was about ninjas.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

tsob posted:

This just made me realize I don't think there's even been a single summon in Boruto. I kind of miss them. Naruto summoning the frogs was always fun and I liked that the summons were often creatures you wouldn't normally associate with battle/coolness, like said frogs or slugs. Snakes, sharks and dogs were in too, but the weird ones were better in my opinion.

There have been. Class rep's entire thing is a summon.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i'm glad the tournament went as fast as it did, because they really seemed to be struggling with the scheduling and visually it wasn't a great watch. also gotta be honest that shinki steamrolling everything effortlessly made him not so interesting to watch, though mitsuki and chocho still got good character moments by running into him.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Yeah the stakes felt less higher during these Chuunin exams. Bort getting humiliated by his dad was great though.

Captain_duck
Dec 3, 2005

I swear nice bushes!
They pulled out the big fancy animation team for that last episode, wow. I don't think that was just lifted from the movie either.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
I take it the show is on break this week? Hopefully they can use it to animate some cool magic fightmans.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
i saw some recently uploaded clips and it looks like they're doing the boruto getting caught during the chunin exam storyline again? hasn't this happened like a few times already?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

tbp posted:

i saw some recently uploaded clips and it looks like they're doing the boruto getting caught during the chunin exam storyline again? hasn't this happened like a few times already?

They've done it once, and it's completely different in the anime than the movie or the Manga.

Naruto is dead :rip:

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Dexo posted:

They've done it once, and it's completely different in the anime than the movie or the Manga.

Naruto is dead :rip:

Is it? It's been a while since I watched the movie, but it happened pretty much exactly like I remembered it, just at the end of a different fight.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Mymla posted:

Is it? It's been a while since I watched the movie, but it happened pretty much exactly like I remembered it, just at the end of a different fight.

No you're right, the reveal itself was exactly the same as the movie. Only difference is there it happened during the Boruto Vs. Shikadai fight.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
Sasuke I swear to god bring a loving adult, and leave the children at home. This is the dumbest part of the movie, and time has not sweetened it.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
I think Sasuke is just humoring a lot of people. Like, one the fight actually starts it's kinda obvious that Sasuke and Naruto don't really need anyones help, even from the other Kage. He probably just sees this as a teachable moment against what is, to him, a pretty simple opponent.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Reminder that Sasuke isnt in jail bc the only being in existence who could stop him just wants to hang out with him. These two are literally gods amongst men and comically lovely dads.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Reminder that Sasuke isnt in jail bc the only being in existence who could stop him just wants to hang out with him. These two are literally gods amongst men and comically lovely dads.

Sasuke is turning out to be a pretty cool uncle though.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Are the ninja storm games any fun? Playstation has a sale to get all 4 for like $35 and im wondering if there's enough single player content for the price. Figure it might be a fun way to relive the series.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

Kingtheninja posted:

Are the ninja storm games any fun? Playstation has a sale to get all 4 for like $35 and im wondering if there's enough single player content for the price. Figure it might be a fun way to relive the series.

It's fun enough for what it is. Honestly it's probably the best telling of the Naruto story, cutting out all the chaff and improving a lot of bits. Just, uh, don't get them if you're looking for a super technical fighter. Online you either pick Diedera/Madara, or you lose, and that's it.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Flytrap posted:

It's fun enough for what it is. Honestly it's probably the best telling of the Naruto story, cutting out all the chaff and improving a lot of bits. Just, uh, don't get them if you're looking for a super technical fighter. Online you either pick Diedera/Madara, or you lose, and that's it.

If I remember right the first one has barely any story at all, but yeah from the second game onward it's probably the best way to experience the overall plot.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
I've only played UNS2 (it goes up to the Invasion of Pain) and already the balance was hosed without introducing Madara and 10 more Naruto and Sasuke forms.

DanZX
May 5, 2015

Kingtheninja posted:

It's a greay way to experience the story because some cutscenes and fights are really pretty. The multiplayer is an unbalanced mess but it was a fun way to rewatch the whole storyline

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

So no episode this week I'm assuming?

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
Really? drat, I was enjoying Boruto actually getting to bond with his dad a bit and hoping to see them kick some rear end together (even if Boruto is only participating in a token way) this week. I'm kind of assuming the next episode or two will shed some light on his Borutogan too, though I've no idea if it's true or not since the villain seemed to recognize Boruto had some potential last episode that I'd assume refers to his eye powers.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Yeah nothing is up on Hulu yet so I guess no episode. New chapter hit a day or two ago however.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
There's a Pokemon movie going on in its time slot, so it got skipped this week.

Captain_duck
Dec 3, 2005

I swear nice bushes!
New episode is out, and wow, again they brought out the big guns animation team. I guess they were like gently caress the movie animation team, we can do it better.

Anyway nearly done with the movie arc. I wonder if were going back to quality filler after this or terrible manga canon.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

While I'm glad we're (just about) finally done with the Boruto movie forever (though this version was vastly preferable to the manga or the actual film to be fair), I'm worried that now they might actually have to start adapting the manga. But this series has been decent so far so maybe they'll find a way to rewrite the story to make it good.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 15:02 on Jul 19, 2018

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme

Larryb posted:

While I'm glad we're (just about) finally done with the Boruto movie forever (though this version was vastly preferable to the manga or the actual film to be fair), I'm worried that now they might actually have to start adapting the manga. But this series has been decent so far so maybe they'll find a way to rewrite the story to make it good.

Meh, I liked the Manga version of this fight better personally, at least the ending of it.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Also they have laid the steps for another Ōtsutsuki arc. Urashiki survived and will likely report back to the main family about this.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

I think one of the reasons I really enjoy this show is how good it looks. They use a good animation team fairly often it seems, and while there's still some rough spots overall I enjoy watching the battles.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Kingtheninja posted:

I think one of the reasons I really enjoy this show is how good it looks. They use a good animation team fairly often it seems, and while there's still some rough spots overall I enjoy watching the battles.

It also helps that they've decided to keep things in Kishimoto's art style rather than switch over to how the current manga looks.

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Larryb posted:

The emphasis Mitsuki gets in the new ED makes me think we might be getting a focus arc for him coming up next. Which is fine by me, his backstory aside he hasn't got much development beyond "BROMANCE WITH BORUTO sarada can come too if she wants".

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Hamelekim posted:

Meh, I liked the Manga version of this fight better personally, at least the ending of it.

I like the Boruto manga too.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Hypocrisy posted:

I like the Boruto manga too.

It's gotten a little better recently I'll give it that, I still prefer the anime though.

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

From twitter is seems the animation team on #65 is from all over the place. Spencer Wan (animation director on Castelvania and The Owl House) did a couple shots, a character designer from Indonesia did a few shots, freelancers from the Philippines and Indonesia participated, it was from all over. The storyboard is by a guy from China who also contributed some animation.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I don't remember the movie at all but that was insanely good.

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

So I have paid exactly zero attention to Naruto since the Sasuke retrieval arc. On a whim I decided to watch the latest Boruto episode, mostly expecting to confirm I was right on quitting. I know nothing but this episode and what I've read online afterwards to explain everyone's magic bullshit powers.

SSJ Naruto and Magic-Eye Bullshit Sasuke make a good team. Albino drug addicts with more magic-eye bullshit make hilarious bad guys. Nice anime fight, I liked it. Boruto is Naruto 2.0 with his own special magic-eye bullshit? Is there a Naruto Shippuden abridged so I can catch up without watching... ugh, 500 episodes? Really? I can handle 65 Boruto episodes, but five loving hundred episodes of Shippuden... I was right to drop this series, wasn't I?

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme

rndmnmbr posted:

So I have paid exactly zero attention to Naruto since the Sasuke retrieval arc. On a whim I decided to watch the latest Boruto episode, mostly expecting to confirm I was right on quitting. I know nothing but this episode and what I've read online afterwards to explain everyone's magic bullshit powers.

SSJ Naruto and Magic-Eye Bullshit Sasuke make a good team. Albino drug addicts with more magic-eye bullshit make hilarious bad guys. Nice anime fight, I liked it. Boruto is Naruto 2.0 with his own special magic-eye bullshit? Is there a Naruto Shippuden abridged so I can catch up without watching... ugh, 500 episodes? Really? I can handle 65 Boruto episodes, but five loving hundred episodes of Shippuden... I was right to drop this series, wasn't I?

The last 50 are good. See everyone go all out.

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

Yeah, after wiki-binging a bit, I think I'll just skip Shippuden. Except I was promised a bit where Naruto beats the stupid out of Sasuke, that I'll watch. I hope it lives up to expectations.

e. Oh my god they're out of chakra and just relentlessly beating the absolute poo poo out of each other. I could not be happier.

e2. They're so punch-drunk they can't stand. I'm going to die of joy.

e3. aww, they spoiled it. Another Ninja Nuke. gently caress, and I was hoping it would end with Naruto beating Sasuke until he couldn't crawl or see or cry.

e4. I may be projecting what I want to do to Sasuke a bit. It was a tiny nuke using the very last chakra they could possibly scrape together. I hope it leaves Sasuke beat to absolute poo poo. Next episode.

e5. Huh. They dead. Both of them.

e6. Nah, dream sequence. Itachi shows up and things get weirdly homoerotic.

e7. Sasuke finally admits he's been suicidal all along. News at 11.

e8. I have to give them a hand, that's a disarming way to resolve things. High five.

e9. Wait, holy poo poo. I thought Naruto's mummy-wrapped hand in the Boruto episode was just one more example of this series' weird fetish for bandages, but no, it's a prosthetic. And I didn't even notice Sasuke is doing everything one-handed because he's still missing an arm. Holy poo poo, nice!

rndmnmbr fucked around with this message at 10:06 on Jul 20, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

rndmnmbr posted:

Yeah, after wiki-binging a bit, I think I'll just skip Shippuden. Except I was promised a bit where Naruto beats the stupid out of Sasuke, that I'll watch. I hope it lives up to expectations.

Oh it goes from celestial style beat down to straight up Robert De Niro kicks to the face. That last fight between Naruto and Sasuke is pretty awesome.

Same with the episode of Guy Sensei going full 8 gates vs Madara, Guy Sensei vs Shark Man, Guy Sensei and the Last Crusade, Guy Sensei shopping for Naruto's wedding, Naruto vs Pain (all of it even the Looney tunes poo poo), Naruto vs Obito vs Madara before and after meeting Ninja Great Grandpa.