Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

SatoshiMiwa posted:

High Speed is a good movie though and i think it's better overall than the first 2 TV series

KyoAni movies are almost always better than their tv shows to the point where they should really just stick to them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Waci posted:

One is tough and the other one is stylish, though.

They're both tough one is just butch

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
Mikochi is incredibly hardworking and resilient and will be respected in this household

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
:agreed:

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Still, need to watch High-Speed movie but S3 looking promising. Hopefully less Rin-related melodrama too. I'm surprised Haru and Makoto didn't attend the same college though

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
angolmois is pretty decently written, good action and character writing, and it feels less edo anachronistic than ghosts of tsushima

i hope it gets enough hype that chapters get translated even after this cour ends

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

StandardVC10 posted:

You didn't actually have to answer him, Wark...
Eh, it's fun.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Alder posted:

Still, need to watch High-Speed movie but S3 looking promising. Hopefully less Rin-related melodrama too. I'm surprised Haru and Makoto didn't attend the same college though
they had to write him out for a bit so you actually think haru might get a new boyfriend

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
on the other hand, maybe now makoto can get a boyfriend who seems to actually like him

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Tensai Bakabon is just an osomatsu rehash but about as funny as the worse episodes of s2. The first episode is the same as osomatsu's first episode with the characters feeling anxious about being old so they think about how they can update themselves. I probably won't be watching any more

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Thanks to angolmois I understand the setting of Ghosts of Tsushima, so thanks for that.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

:worship:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
:twisted:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwVAKrV93N0

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/mobpsycho_anime/status/1017424525821030401

ONE

TWO

THREE

FOUR

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
the wheel of god grinds slowly but it grinds finely

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I am 100% Ready

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

anime is saved

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Expect My Mom posted:

they had to write him out for a bit so you actually think haru might get a new boyfriend

Whose your otp?

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
18 year old me was very much haru x mako, but now 22 year old me thinks that makoto is putting all the work into the relationship and maybe they should break up because haru still seems bad at being outwardly supportive and affectionate

how bout you

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Expect My Mom posted:

18 year old me was very much haru x mako, but now 22 year old me thinks that makoto is putting all the work into the relationship and maybe they should break up because haru still seems bad at being outwardly supportive and affectionate

how bout you

I still like haru x makoto BUT I feel like Haru is overreliant on Mako. I would like to see them become more independent as the show goes on. Also I hope Sousuke gets a better role compared to S2 where he got completely shafted.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

I made the new Free! thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3863089

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
:toot:

quote:

Free! -Dive to the Future-
Kyoto Animation | Eisaku Kawanami | Masahiro Yokotani | Slice of Life, Comedy, Sports, Drama, School | Light Novel | Jul 12, 2018
The next season of Free!
PV
Thread

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

NO MORE.

No more shall we bow to the whims of the tyrant Allarion! A new new day of idols is dawning. The people rise up and cast off the chains of oppression! Yes, we will keep what was good of the old ways, but we shall cast aside the bad, and the creepy, and the horses.

By the will of the people, I have seized control of the idolwatch from that cruel despot. This season we're looking at:

・Pripara (ongoing, two eps per week, from episode 18)
・Aikatsu Friends (ongoing, from episode 12)
・Music Girls (seasonal, new!)
・Revue Starlight (seasonal, new!)
・Idolm@ster Cinderella Girls Theater season 3 (short, filler)
・BanG Dream! Garupa☆Pico (short, filler)

I refer you to the oppressor's fine write-ups for the new stuff.

Same idol time (Saturdays 1 pm pdt/4 pm edt/8 pm utc), new idol channel. I'll have some kind of pregame ~25 minutes before. Maybe something new, maybe something old.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
The mc of angolmois had a line where they mentioned suppressing wokou pirates: that was an important piece of history as this was a request by the Goryeo, and it led to good diplomatic relations with the Kamakura allowing the latter a good vision of Mongol invasion prep and allowed planning of countermeasures

The dark irony is that the Kamakura’s defense of japan indirectly led to their downfall, in the same way Hideyoshi’s invasions of Joseon indirectly led to the fall of the Ming.

One of the things I loved was that the merchant dude’s maps was so old fashioned that it had an opposite orientation.

Has anyone read the manga? Do any Korean characters appear, because they were the ones who built the invasion fleet, hosted the Mongols, and made up a sizable portion of the conscripts.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

The Sakuga crowd sure is in love with Revue Starlight - and the gifs I've seen look very promising. Shame about the streaming delay.

fa-GYO
Mar 7, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
why the gently caress are these pages in the wrong order

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Starlight Revue 1 raw is super good show looks amazing. Bushiroad gonna dominate my summer with this and g1

Edit : The Henshin sequence is very absurd and as expected from Furukawa who worked on Penguindrum

SatoshiMiwa fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Jul 13, 2018

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Come and join us in talking about this fun and awesome show!

quote:

Shoujo☆Kageki Revue Starlight
Kinema Citrus | Tomohiro Furukawa | Tatsugo Higuchi | Music, School | Original | Jul 13, 2018
Starlight is a song and dance revue troupe loved throughout the world. Karen and Hikari make a promise with each other when they're young that one day they'll stand on that stage together. Time passes, and now the girls are 16 years old. Karen is very enthusiastic about the lessons she takes every day, holding her promise close to her heart. Hikari has transferred schools and is now away from Karen. But the cogs of fate turn, and the two are destined to meet again. The girls and other Stage Girls will compete in a mysterious audition process to gain acceptance into the revue.
PV
Thread

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
im too lazy to make funny screencaps rihght now cuz its 4am but i finish GGO and i liked it a lot

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
So I saw Maquia. AMA.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Fangz posted:

So I saw Maquia. AMA.

What color were the feathery dinossurs

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Sharkopath posted:

What color were the feathery dinossurs

White

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Are big oranges or little oranges better for you?

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Also: what is Maquia?

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Sharkopath posted:

Also: what is Maquia?

Maquia is the main character in Maquia: When the Promised Flower Blooms, also known as SayoAsa, a 2018 anime film by Mari Okada

I like both big and small oranges equally

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Fangz posted:

Maquia is the main character in Maquia: When the Promised Flower Blooms, also known as SayoAsa, a 2018 anime film by Mari Okada

I like both big and small oranges equally

Is it cool?

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

e: I keep thinking this is the chat thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
Chio episode 2 was a pretty marked improvement. Felt like the pacing was a lot better, along with less "introducing our story" stuff

• Locked thread