Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Jerusalem posted:

For the benefit of those of us without Facebook, what is this about?

The dude apparently spread around compromising photos of multiple victims including Toni.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

For the benefit of those of us without Facebook, what is this about?

I logged in to c and p it for you and it's been removed

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

SamuraiFoochs posted:

The dude apparently spread around compromising photos of multiple victims including Toni.

Oh right, yeah gently caress that dude then. What a piece of poo poo.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

So is the belief at the moment that they sent him the photos initially and then he leaked them or that he somehow got the photos through more nefarious means? Either way is obviously terrible, but one is on another level.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
There was a rumour that photos of Toni and Bea Priestly were like hours away from being leaked around Wrestlemania time or so but that went nowhere.

The trade of finding, trading of nudes and leaking them publicly on the dark web is so strange.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Irvine Welsh also wrote a short story about a Savile analog in one of his anthologies

And I think before that Jerry Sadowitz told numerous jokes about Saville. Hell as a kid I remember other kids telling jokes about not being left alone with Saville.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

DrVenkman posted:

And I think before that Jerry Sadowitz told numerous jokes about Saville. Hell as a kid I remember other kids telling jokes about not being left alone with Saville.

Yeah. The thread about the Savile case in GBS was rife with all kinds of red flags, including the Louis Theroux clip where Louis spends a weekend with Savile, and it was also a fascinating read in a sociological sort of way. Charlie Brooker's coverage in his 2012 Year in Review was really good.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Phenix Rising posted:

So is the belief at the moment that they sent him the photos initially and then he leaked them or that he somehow got the photos through more nefarious means? Either way is obviously terrible, but one is on another level.

I got the impression that he was sent them voluntarily because I think the original Facebook rant mentioned Toni was an ex of his? I think that's almost worse though because there's a level of intimacy and trust there.

Qoey
Jun 2, 2014

DrVenkman posted:

AFAIK isn't there a general belief that Saville was basically being protectedby some BBC higher ups? I remember reading about it, and I fell into a rabbit hole of conspiracy theories about the entire British Nobility being kiddy diddlers, so I don't have a lot of solid knowledge about the situation.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Qoey posted:

AFAIK isn't there a general belief that Saville was basically being protectedby some BBC higher ups? I remember reading about it, and I fell into a rabbit hole of conspiracy theories about the entire British Nobility being kiddy diddlers, so I don't have a lot of solid knowledge about the situation.

He was friends with Margaret Thatcher and there were rumours when Yewtree was at its peak that never came to fruition that a bunch of major political dignitaries including a former Prime Minister would be implicated so it's likely the cover up went even higher than just the BBC.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/THETOMMYDREAMER/status/1017536810224766976

https://twitter.com/theraveneffect/status/1017458688368566277

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
How long until Rusev gets Ryder'd for being over without McMahon's consent

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

RealFoxy posted:

How long until Rusev gets Ryder'd for being over without McMahon's consent

Sunday when he gets pinned with the Styles Clash in 5 minutes

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Not the first person to point it out but the AJ feud and how it has been booked seems just like a way to cool down the Rusev Day thing and how popular it was say 6-8 weeks ago.

rovert fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Jul 13, 2018

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Well he certainly knows how to get votes!

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

rovert posted:

Not the first person to point it out but the AJ feud and how it has been booked seems just like a way to cool day the Rusev Day thing and how popular it was say 6-8 weeks ago.

If there's one thing WWE knows how to do, it's book someone to make them LESS over.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/SarahSpain/status/1017222510939660288

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
Sports journalists not bothering to do even the most basic of research?? You don’t say?! :monocle:

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
https://twitter.com/JimmyHavoc/status/1017587526675173377

:staredog:

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

dsriggs posted:

Sports journalists not bothering to do even the most basic of research?? You don’t say?! :monocle:

If you have to put a descriptor in front of your job title, you're probably a lovely version of it, like "child actor" or "video game writer."

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

So it was Charlotte with her own title I assume, which makes it even funnier

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

dsriggs posted:

I definitely take the time to research people as I walk up to them on the red carpet.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

as if ric flair wouldn't be dating a woman his daughter's age

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

MassRafTer posted:

I definitely take the time to research people as I walk up to them on the red carpet.

I mean, you’d presumably have a list ahead of time of who’s going to be there and the bare basics of their relationships if you’re going to be talking to them on tv or for a paper or any sort of media

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Lone Goat posted:

as if ric flair wouldn't be dating a woman his daughter's age

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/RealKevinNash/status/1017550727261179907

https://twitter.com/RealKevinNash/status/1017622165167001600

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

He wants what we all want: to jack Kevin Nash's cock in his twilight

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Bizarre response from flair, doesn't even make sense. Also, Havoc is a dork

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

ICHIBAHN posted:

Bizarre response from flair, doesn't even make sense. Also, Havoc is a dork

Like IcePhoenix said, I assume he meant it was Charlottes belt and not his and just misunderstood the question

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Goddamn if the current thread title wasn't already beautifully perfect, I'd strongly consider "I just want to be able to jack my cock in my twilight" as a replacement.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Jerusalem posted:

Goddamn if the current thread title wasn't already beautifully perfect, I'd strongly consider "I just want to be able to jack my cock and get bench" as a replacement.

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 11:14 on Jul 13, 2018

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
Big Sexy rules.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Aesop Poprock posted:

Like IcePhoenix said, I assume he meant it was Charlottes belt and not his and just misunderstood the question

He probably was trying to put Charlotte over. He seems very invested in making sure the spotlight is on her when she's there.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

If you've got an audio connection there's usually a truck nerd who can tell you who people are so you know their name and at least the opening sentence of their Wikipedia page type information.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
You guys vastly overestimate on-the-scene coverage of events and how well they're organized.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I've done on the scene coverage of events, for much smaller outlets than ESPN.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Have you aye?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

ICHIBAHN posted:

Have you aye?

He has 2 actually

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Aesop Poprock posted:

I mean, you’d presumably have a list ahead of time of who’s going to be there and the bare basics of their relationships if you’re going to be talking to them on tv or for a paper or any sort of media

And she knew who he was, got a response that might confuse the average person and then made an oopsie. She then posted it on Twitter because it's funny.