Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
I was on a phone call and legit waited the whole hour long queue on PS4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012
I’m enjoying the new updates a lot. Especially the nerf to double shotguns and the buff to shotgun consistency.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

Azran posted:

Good to know it was useful! :)

I'm glad I saw this! I just tried it out in a game, and I got lucky with the storm center. I got right under the tree, and lasted through the first two storm shrinks. Got to 26 people left before I had to move, made it to #10.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
man those go karts are a trap

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
The patch feels great now that I've been able to play! It was giving me the hour long queue too but I just logged out and played something else and then within an hour was able to log in fine, no waiting required. Ingame voice chat seemed to be completely broken (could see the mic icon light up but couldn't hear anything) but PSN party chat worked fine. Still haven't driven a drat golf cart but rifts are a loving awesome map feature and I love them, it seems like they're currently static (although I wouldn't be surprised if they changed week to week ala the hop rocks convoy) and I need to find a map of them real quick because they can give you a big boost when you're running from the storm

Can you drive a golf cart through a rift?😧

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

goferchan posted:

The patch feels great now that I've been able to play! It was giving me the hour long queue too but I just logged out and played something else and then within an hour was able to log in fine, no waiting required. Ingame voice chat seemed to be completely broken (could see the mic icon light up but couldn't hear anything) but PSN party chat worked fine. Still haven't driven a drat golf cart but rifts are a loving awesome map feature and I love them, it seems like they're currently static (although I wouldn't be surprised if they changed week to week ala the hop rocks convoy) and I need to find a map of them real quick because they can give you a big boost when you're running from the storm

Can you drive a golf cart through a rift?😧

Yes you can rift-jump with the kart.

Mongoose
Jul 7, 2005

Philthy posted:

man those go karts are a trap

Yesterday in duos we won 3 carts at the Lazy Links. Decided to leave one for safe keeping, so we build 4 walls and a roof over it. Edited the walls into archways and slapped a trap on underside of the roof and drove off. A few minutes later we're dancing in the loot lake club when a trap kill message pops up out of nowhere. :getin:

Also, clingers + kart enemies = easy explosive weapon kills.

Mongoose fucked around with this message at 05:37 on Jul 13, 2018

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
They just don't go fast enough. Some cross eyed dude can hit those things a mile away.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Philthy posted:

They just don't go fast enough. Some cross eyed dude can hit those things a mile away.

I'm afraid I can not lol. Im glad it's in the game because i'd probably get sniped way more if it wasn't, but god drat I can not deal with the bullet drop

turnways
Jun 22, 2004

I hope they continue tweaking the gyro controls for the Switch version; aiming down a scope makes it jump all over even at low settings, and I'd love to be able to change X and Y independently

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016
holy poop those carts are loud. I was looking around in the supervillain lair and heard one outside from the side where the crater used to be, I thought the missile was coming back or something and went to ground for a hot minute

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ur0WC4n_Lp8

Dusty Divot is now my favourite place.
Visibility is awful.
Lots of traps tend to spawn and have some great placements.
Not toooo many people compete for it but enough to make the early game evil.
Most of the time you are in the circle for midgame.

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

DarkDobe posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ur0WC4n_Lp8

Dusty Divot is now my favourite place.
Visibility is awful.
Lots of traps tend to spawn and have some great placements.
Not toooo many people compete for it but enough to make the early game evil.
Most of the time you are in the circle for midgame.

:laffo: holy poo poo the person above wasn't kidding when saying those karts make a shitload of noise. That's amazing.

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

gently caress these are so good and gonna be a hell of a grind (into next season).

also, Karts own. Get a squad who has a lot of emotes and just roadtrip around the map tapping on people with ARs or doing hilarious drive bys. If you're a decent driver and alright at positioning, the only thing that should really get in your way is teammates building in the kart :argh:

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

I can't wait for the "use a basketball to get hoops at x places" and "get putts on x holes" challenges. Already a top fort golf pro.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Can you punt people to death with the kart? I went after a guy and hit him probably 10 times without killing him before he minigunned me.

Even if you can’t, the knockback from hitting people is cartoonishly hilarious.

Also I will say there is no better feeling than being in the kart, having someone try to take you out and building boost with a sick drift and boosting away from them

Cluncho McChunk
Aug 16, 2010

An informational void capable only of creating noise

AAB posted:

gently caress these are so good and gonna be a hell of a grind (into next season).

also, Karts own. Get a squad who has a lot of emotes and just roadtrip around the map tapping on people with ARs or doing hilarious drive bys. If you're a decent driver and alright at positioning, the only thing that should really get in your way is teammates building in the kart :argh:

I really hope they're gonna let you pick and choose the armour pieces you use this time but I doubt it. I'd really like to be Skullhead McNoShirt but I somehow doubt that's gonna be an option.

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Can you punt people to death with the kart? I went after a guy and hit him probably 10 times without killing him before he minigunned me.

Even if you can’t, the knockback from hitting people is cartoonishly hilarious.
Not directly kill, but:

https://www.reddit.com/r/FortNiteBR/comments/8ydl0u/atking_a_noskin_off_a_cliff/

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

AAB posted:

Them making it accumulated exp and allowing you to still unlock after the season is cool and the right move. They should have retroactive done this with carbide and omega. Hell add a couple of challenges like 50 assualt rifle kills and it would be perfect.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Carts are not quite warthogs but they're still hilarious. Was down to like 20:1 in a 50v50 last night that ended up centering right on Tilted. I don't know if anyone was even trying to find the guy because we were all too busy building sick golf cart ramps.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Carts are not quite warthogs but they're still hilarious. Was down to like 20:1 in a 50v50 last night that ended up centering right on Tilted. I don't know if anyone was even trying to find the guy because we were all too busy building sick golf cart ramps.

With some luck, passenger next to driver can build ramp on the go.

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

I'm pretty confident that the ATKs have a higher top potential speed than the shopping carts. Would have to build some ramps near the (working!!!!) speed checkers in the desert unless there are some other places to check

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

I definitely had a moment last night where I thought "They added ROADS!.....WAIT, there were always roads but now you can drive on them!"

Seymour Buttz
Apr 26, 2006

Dog controls your destiny.

AAB posted:

I'm pretty confident that the ATKs have a higher top potential speed than the shopping carts. Would have to build some ramps near the (working!!!!) speed checkers in the desert unless there are some other places to check

That reminds me, I noticed there are also lap timers over the race track. I gotta assume those are functional as well. There are so many neat little touches in this update.

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

Seymour Buttz posted:

That reminds me, I noticed there are also lap timers over the race track. I gotta assume those are functional as well. There are so many neat little touches in this update.

If you stop at the start line, a countdown automatically starts

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

https://twitter.com/Bootleg_Stuff/status/1017761577704017932

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

santanotreal posted:

If you stop at the start line, a countdown automatically starts

This game is so sick lol. I basically just play with some old IRL friends who live in different cities and we get maybe 2 or 3 elims per game and spent 90% of the time just wandering around chopping down trees and talking poo poo. I'm so glad they're adding more content to make it the ultimate loving Around With Your Boys Simulator

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

goferchan posted:

make it the ultimate loving Around With Your Boys Simulator

See I always play Battlefield and everyone else not only plays call of newbie, but play it on xbox or ps4 and I'm on PC. Or its Dark Souls which no one else I know will touch. I always game by myself as far as IRL people interaction goes. But my buddy down the road was telling me about this a couple weeks ago and I had already tried it and didn't like it, but it seemed like a bunch of them play it so I started playing on gfs Xbone with them and its nice to just not be wound up and focusing on my k/d and winning. Okay I still hate to get gunned down by someone in the last 15-20 but ya know. I don't know, at 30 years old, if I've ever played a game with people I actually know with voice chat and all. So that's probably the best part to me. I cant wait to get back to my house tonight after being away and cross play with them on PC. I wont be out sniped anymore.

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

codo27 posted:

See I always play Battlefield and everyone else not only plays call of newbie, but play it on xbox or ps4 and I'm on PC. Or its Dark Souls which no one else I know will touch. I always game by myself as far as IRL people interaction goes. But my buddy down the road was telling me about this a couple weeks ago and I had already tried it and didn't like it, but it seemed like a bunch of them play it so I started playing on gfs Xbone with them and its nice to just not be wound up and focusing on my k/d and winning. Okay I still hate to get gunned down by someone in the last 15-20 but ya know. I don't know, at 30 years old, if I've ever played a game with people I actually know with voice chat and all. So that's probably the best part to me. I cant wait to get back to my house tonight after being away and cross play with them on PC. I wont be out sniped anymore.

Feel free to jump in the Serious Overchill discord as well! There’s usually at least a couple people on each evening, and everyone enjoys themselves. It’s a good mix between goofing around and trying to actually win.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

So Xbox is not allowing me to buy anything on Fortnight. Is there a reason for this? I've tried three credit cards and a PayPal account and I get virtually the same error message. I've put in a call to Microsoft support but, is this at all something that happens?

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So is PC completely hosed for anyone else right now?

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

bango skank posted:

So is PC completely hosed for anyone else right now?

nah I just got done after playing with several others in all the modes for a few hours. seems fine still.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Can anyone point to any good building tutorials for playing with controllers?

Typing “Fortnite building tutorials” on YouTube is a Pandora’s box that I don’t want to open.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

SeANMcBAY posted:

Can anyone point to any good building tutorials for playing with controllers?

Typing “Fortnite building tutorials” on YouTube is a Pandora’s box that I don’t want to open.

I've seen a couple of this guy's videos and didn't find him annoying.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ZPHJ8KUkMlR8dTzcBsOsg

Edit.. Here's a MASTER BUILDER PRO IN 15 MIN video. I have not watched this..

https://youtu.be/FTEjllPwp2M

Hi. Im Leeroy
Oct 8, 2008

Sandwolf posted:

So Xbox is not allowing me to buy anything on Fortnight. Is there a reason for this? I've tried three credit cards and a PayPal account and I get virtually the same error message. I've put in a call to Microsoft support but, is this at all something that happens?

Try buying something for Fortnite instead, friend.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

I finally stuck a clinger to someone's face. He just stopped moving and stood there until it exploded.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
TWIST IS THE BEST EMOTE GOD BLESS

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Been playing cross platform tonight... PC PLAYERS AIN'T poo poo WITHOUT THE DOUBLE PUMP WOOOOO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

el B posted:

Been playing cross platform tonight... PC PLAYERS AIN'T poo poo WITHOUT THE DOUBLE PUMP WOOOOO

It has changed the game substantially. SMGs reign now. Drum gun is incredible.