Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

If Reigen was my husband IRL, I'd die happy.
ONE deserves a knighthood for creating the most perfect boy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

http://carchacroq.tumblr.com/post/172002081907

Reigen chapter 1 raws.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

A perfect boy

Jeremiah Flintwick
Jan 14, 2010

King of Kings Ozysandwich am I. If any want to know how great I am and where I lie, let him outdo me in my work.

Gruckles posted:

The Reigen OVA is up on Crunchyroll, but not displaying on their homepage yet.
http://www.crunchyroll.com/mob-psycho-100/mob-psycho-100-reigen-unknown-766705

Leave it to Reigen to make the only compilation episode worth watching. Really you could just watch this instead of the show, it's such a well-structured and accurate retelling of the story.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Translation is out - https://mangadex.org/chapter/179801/1

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Looks like we're getting a lot of Tome in this one. Seems she could have a fun dynamic with Reigen, even this early.

Also seems like it's probably going to have stuff getting exploded with psychic powers as more of a sometimes thing, assuming Tome's going to be sidekick this time.

But, you know. First chapter. Early to judge.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

It's already a known fact that 99% of Reigen's cases are extremely mundane, it wouldn't be weird to focus on them in a more Reigen-focused manga.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
All this Reigen stuff, I feel utterly spoiled, I am so giddy.

I still feel it was really rude of them to ruin Reigen's book like that. The fact that it was fictional would have protected their identities better.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I wonder if Mob will stay out of the manga for the whole time or if he'll still show up and this ends up turning into just more Mob Psycho.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
The last page is an omake which straight up says Mob isn't in it. So, I'm just guessing here but I think Mob isn't gonna be in it much.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Dragonatrix posted:

The last page is an omake which straight up says Mob isn't in it. So, I'm just guessing here but I think Mob isn't gonna be in it much.

right but I'm just wondering if he'll end up throwing mob in there anyway

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

I'd be surprised if Mob doesn't make a cameo appearance or two but personally I am ready for the Tome Power Hour.

Given how male-centric Mob Psycho 100 and One Punch Man have been it's kinda interesting to see ONE put a girl in the leading role, too.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

Just put mob in every omake

Mob studies for a test

Mob gets a B minus

Mob buys a green shirt

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Billzasilver posted:

Just put mob in every omake

Mob studies for a test

Mob gets a B minus

Mob buys a green shirt

I would be ok with this

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
oh no, nobody told mob

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Tollymain posted:

oh no, nobody told mob

18% betrayal.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Reigen looks to carry on the extremely high quality omakes of MP100.

ONE is the perfectest boy even beyond Reigen.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
I really want gifs of the various Reigen scenes where he was super-imposed.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Tome Ftw.

SITB
Nov 3, 2012
Where is Serizawa though?

I hope that ONE will show how Serizawa intergrated with normal society as a one off panel at least.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I'm hyped for the Tome manga.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I'm hyped for the Tome manga.

Hell yeah

Llab
Dec 28, 2011

PEPSI FOR VG BABE
Tome is a good character. Glad to see more of her.

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Male....Female...what does it matter? Power is beautiful, and I've got the power!
Grimey Drawer
Tome is going to end up running with the Mind Improvement Club, who will all be the best boys. But not as best boy as Reigen

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The entirety of the live action thing is gonna be on netflix from 22nd may. They have a trailer up for it too.

Looks pretty faithful to the source except Reigen is not the sexiest being of all time so it's actually just a piece of poo poo adaptation.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

This is quite cute.
Mob and Tome are well cast. As are my perfect body buildy boys

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

I'm sad that most of the Telepathy Club got cut.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

I can’t say I’m a fan of the direction of this adaptation. Tome and Tsubomi seem way more annoying in this version for some reason and I did not care for interspersing the Awakening lab guys throughout the show from the word go. Reigen was p solid though, but on the topic of him, I definitely did not like how they rearranged his first meeting with Mob so that he sees Mob’s power before hearing out the sad and lost child.

Jeremiah Flintwick
Jan 14, 2010

King of Kings Ozysandwich am I. If any want to know how great I am and where I lie, let him outdo me in my work.

Man, I'd heard bad things but nothing prepared me for how dire that first episode was. On the other hand I did :lol: pretty hard at Mob just fuckin' wasting that dude on the bike with no hesitation at the beginning of episode 2, so keeping with it for now.

Jeremiah Flintwick
Jan 14, 2010

This is so bad but I can't stop watching. Did Reigen make this???

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Zartosht posted:

This is so bad but I can't stop watching. Did Reigen make this???

Reigen is good at things, though.

Also, man. It's been a long time since we got a Reigen manga update. That just stop, or what?

I mean, we're still getting ONE from One Punch Man, and finally getting around to Hinamatsuri means my psychic nonsense needs are being fulfilled, but it feels odd to only get one chapter, right?

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

The Tome manga has 2 chapters out I’m pretty sure.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Seems to be monthly...ish... so it might be at 3, by now. Was only 2 when I last checked, though.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Dragonatrix posted:

Seems to be monthly...ish... so it might be at 3, by now. Was only 2 when I last checked, though.

I only saw two when I checked a couple hours ago. Might be another that hasn't been translated, though. Not betting on it, but it's possible.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

https://twitter.com/mobpsycho_anime/status/1017424525821030401

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

The next chapter of Reigen is up and I liked it a lot.

Also, the panel when the teacher realises his stalker spirit isn't who he thought it was managed to creep me out a little.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

CrashScreen posted:

Also, the panel when the teacher realises his stalker spirit isn't who he thought it was managed to creep me out a little.

It's good, but the most important thing we learned?

Tome's classmates have terrible taste.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

CrashScreen posted:

Yeah that was a good chapter

also lmao dimple

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

When is One going to get around to changing the manga's name to Tome?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

:allears: