Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
mods knew

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

I check the kia subreddit every few months out of curiosity, and the last time I looked they instituted rules to ban anyone with a low post count who start arguments with the regulars. I'm not surprised the owner wanted to shut it down, they've pretty much become the thing that they hate.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Tokamak posted:

they've pretty much become the thing that they hate.

Uh, no.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
lol

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

I mean they're probably not women yet

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Reddit also has this terrible mod system that is completely based on seniority. If you have a real lovely mod that became a mod the day before you there’s no way to get rid of them and conversely they can remove any mod whatsoever who joined after them.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

TheKingslayer posted:

Ok, digging a bit further back but I hit up a good bit of cons and yet to run into this. If I happen to, what's the best way to shame these people?

Get swole, cosplay as either Kenshiro, one of the less reactionary JoJo's or any of the Pillar Men and challenge them to a fight.

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

a logical debate where fists serve as a proxy for rhetoric

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 24 days!)

KiteAuraan posted:

Get swole, cosplay as either Kenshiro, one of the less reactionary JoJo's or any of the Pillar Men and challenge them to a fight.

Getting your rear end beat down to the Pillar Men theme would be the worst day of an anime nazi's life.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Curious to know who the more reactionary Jojos are

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

https://twitter.com/JABinjail/status/988037202088251392

Serf
May 5, 2011

proud boys in savannah is the funniest poo poo. they're lucky nobody knows who the gently caress they are i guess

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

:discourse:

Neon Noodle
Nov 11, 2016

there's nothing wrong here in montana
these are the statistics of a race that is no longer in a position to oppress the rest of the world :ohdear:

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

https://twitter.com/areyoutoo/status/988646019993812992?s=19

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Neon Noodle posted:

these are the statistics of a race that is no longer in a position to oppress the rest of the world :ohdear:

*points to a Chinese man in a limousine*
"White."

*points to a Saudi prince*
"White."

*points to a Japanese otaku*
"White."

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

multijoe posted:

Curious to know who the more reactionary Jojos are

Joseph, for not beating the poo poo out of Caesar (Italian fash) and Stroheim (literal SS Nazi). Also, for staying racist against Japanese people, even in the 80s.

Points in his favor: Friends with Smokey and Abdul, never racist or lovely to anyone on his boy's road trip to Egypt.

KiteAuraan has issued a correction as of 12:58 on Jul 13, 2018

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

KiteAuraan posted:

Joseph, for not beating the poo poo out of Caesar (Italian fash) and Stroheim (literal SS Nazi).

Oh my gahd

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Josephs position was similar to that of the british capitalist imperialist government of the day.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

Kurtofan posted:

Josephs position was similar to that of the british capitalist imperialist government of the day.

Indy would have punched Stroheim. And fought the Pillar Men.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

"White."

"White."

"White."

Who are Japanese otaku oppressing?

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Themselves

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

KiteAuraan posted:

Indy would have punched Stroheim. And fought the Pillar Men.

Indy was freedom loving american :911:

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Agean90 posted:

Themselves

Last I heard, some sociologists or something are pretty sure that a lot of Japan's NEET epidemic is due to brutal parental abuse that used to be acceptable parenting.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Ghost Leviathan posted:

anyone they can get their hands on

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Yinlock posted:

remember when reddit was forced to remove the pedo subreddits and then apologized to the pedophile mod

Flip the order, they apologized to him first

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Their dicks

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

Kurtofan posted:

Indy was freedom loving american :911:

Joseph had just become an American, he just decided to join those guys Dr. Seuss was always poo poo talking. Not the Japanese, the other ones, the America First blokes.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

If Joseph had prematurely beaten up Stroheim we might have not gotten the squirrel scene.

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tokamak posted:

rules to ban anyone with a low post count who start arguments with the regulars.

Lol

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

I mean that's literally their issue

The main reason they're terrified about demographics is because they treat minorities like poo poo and assume that if they become a minority people will treat them the same way

Neon Noodle
Nov 11, 2016

there's nothing wrong here in montana
It's kind of like how straight dudes are afraid of gay dudes pursuing them. No straight man wants to be "the woman" of the relationship, and they seem to think that's what that would involve.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

Neon Noodle posted:

It's kind of like how straight dudes are afraid of gay dudes pursuing them. No straight man wants to be "the woman" of the relationship, and they seem to think that's what that would involve.

Ah yes, the classic Roman's Dilemma.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

"White."

"White."

"White."

*points to leader of Golden Dawn*
"Turk"

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

Epic High Five posted:

*points to leader of Golden Dawn*
"Turk"

You are going to get banned from Greece.

Edit: gently caress it, probably Cyprus, Turkey and Macedonia too.

pookel
Oct 27, 2011

Ultra Carp
If the KotakuInAction dude had been smart, he'd have just banned all the assholes, shitcanned all the mods, and invited some social-justice-minded Extremely Online folks to become moderators. AFAIK, while Reddit doesn't let people shut down their own subreddits, they don't do a drat thing about people completely changing the tone, content, and rules within them.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/Julian_Epp/status/1017627223564668928

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Business Gorillas posted:

lmao they're turning into regular rear end republicans

Let’s be real, the Republican party was going to die without a fresh infusion of new-generation racist idiots.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

pookel posted:

If the KotakuInAction dude had been smart, he'd have just banned all the assholes, shitcanned all the mods, and invited some social-justice-minded Extremely Online folks to become moderators. AFAIK, while Reddit doesn't let people shut down their own subreddits, they don't do a drat thing about people completely changing the tone, content, and rules within them.

they should have modded me that would rule so much

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

people are mad on reddit again 2014 is back awooooo!!!!!!!!!