Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Better
This poll is closed.
John Zandig 107 75.35%
DJ Hyde 35 24.65%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Manic_Misanthrope posted:

Wasn't he Nigel McGuinness' partner for a time as well?

London Brawling, yeah, but that only lasted like 2 or 3 episodes of XPlosion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Never forget the glory days of Desmond Wolfe winning TNA fan polls for title shots until they buried him and/or changed the rules of The Championship Ranking System.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

drat..He should have been so much more as Desmond Wolfe.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/IronFistProOCE/status/1017327222263169024

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Fully hard for Hideki Suzuki to get american Australian bookings

Suplex Liberace fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Jul 12, 2018

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/ThisIs_Progress/status/1017527806161498114

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
gently caress yes

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

gently caress

https://twitter.com/ThisIs_Progress/status/1017537864207421441

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
So I was watching Ego's Amigos on Highspots...and Eddie Kingston referred to doing something unprofessional in Impact Wrestling that resulted in them pulling the DCC apart and letting him go for a while before they brought him back. What'd he do?

Troxartas
Jan 13, 2007

The Old Warhorse

El Gallinero Gros posted:

So I was watching Ego's Amigos on Highspots...and Eddie Kingston referred to doing something unprofessional in Impact Wrestling that resulted in them pulling the DCC apart and letting him go for a while before they brought him back. What'd he do?

Well it was Impact so I'm guessing it's a tree falling in a forest situation and no one will ever know

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

El Gallinero Gros posted:

This is probably the least shocking thing I’ve ever read

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
https://twitter.com/MLW/status/1017594430172418049

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
why would you put your world title on low ki in 2018

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Who is he cutting a promo to? He seems to be reading off a cue card or something.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

oatgan he's coming for you ni

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

has the MLW title been defended over borders yet?

And lol at Low Ki losing his stage voice and starting to talk like a normal person.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

coconono posted:

has the MLW title been defended over borders yet?

And lol at Low Ki losing his stage voice and starting to talk like a normal person.

I think Shane Strickland might have defended it in the UK but I'm not sure

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Can we verify the 30 championships he's claimed to have won?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

https://www.cagematch.net/?id=2&nr=468&page=11

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Not sure if this goes here or not, but they've announced who's doing the broadcast and announcing for All In. Sounds like it's Justin Roberts and Bobby Cruise doing ring announcing, the new girl from Impact and Sean Mooney probably doing backstage stuff and Callis, Riccaboni and Excalibur calling the show.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Gaz-L posted:

Not sure if this goes here or not, but they've announced who's doing the broadcast and announcing for All In. Sounds like it's Justin Roberts and Bobby Cruise doing ring announcing, the new girl from Impact and Sean Mooney probably doing backstage stuff and Callis, Riccaboni and Excalibur calling the show.

YESSSSSS

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Losing my god drat mind over Sean Mooney being involved.

Qoey
Jun 2, 2014

Phenix Rising posted:

Losing my god drat mind over Sean Mooney being involved.

TBH I thought he was dead...

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Qoey posted:

TBH I thought he was dead...

he got better

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.

If we're counting multiple reigns then it checks out.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

MassRafTer posted:

Flip is so much better than Aldis it isn't funny.

flip does literally nothing for me, he's not even that good of a highflier

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

KungFu Grip posted:

He's one of the best heels on the indies when he embraces it, tremendous charisma and really good at adapting to the moment.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

KungFu Grip posted:

Even if that's the case, Aldis loving sucks and Flip's still an upgrade. Besides, he's probably a belt pillow to get it in to Cody anyways.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Nick Aldis has somehow managed to be a less interesting champion than Tim Storm

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

I think we all saw that coming, though. Tim Storm at least had novelty value. Aldis...not even that much.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

What's the general consensus on Sammy Guevara? Because he's been extremely good as a member of Irie-gun on this DDT tour.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

What's the general consensus on Sammy Guevara? Because he's been extremely good as a member of Irie-gun on this DDT tour.

I think he's really good. Probably still waiting for that big breakthrough performance that makes him a Made Man, but at 24 years old there's plenty of time for him.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
he can be sloppy sometimes but he's very good at getting heat which is not easy to do as a high flier

trying to remember matches of his that i really liked but most of his pwg run was during the period i couldn't make it out to reseda except for a couple shows. the three way he had with flamita and horus (i think?) last year was great.

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Like him. Entertaining smarmy heel everytime I've seen him. Definitely has potential but agree he hasn't had The Match that really ignites his career yet.

Quick PWG live thoughts: This was a lot of fun as it always is, but definitely average by PWG standards. Bucks vs Rascalz and Penta vs Horus were excellent. Main event was a great hoss off with Brody King vs Walter. Rest was good to average (the opener was Dalton Castle vs David Starr, which didn't do that much for me).

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

The smarmy heel stuff is definitely coming through in DDT. He's in a team with their champion, Irie and Facade and Jason Kincaid. They've got this great scummy, smarmy aesthetic going on.

Thanks for the answers, was wondering if it was worth keeping tabs on him after his tour is finished. He's got a match coming up with Kota Umeda on DDT's development show and Umeda has been one of the best wrestlers this year so that should be a great one.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zfzJZ3PPRo

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Totally forgot that there was a PWG show last night.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Don't forget tonight you can watch Flilthy Tom and Bryan Alvarez fight the Rock N Roll Express on BLPro.

I actually signed up for a Powerbomb TV trial for this...what is wrong with me? Oh yeah because I want to drink and watch wrestling, but I'm not about doing that at 5:30 AM for the G1 Climax.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Space Monkey is one of the better indie-riffic names I've seen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Space Monkey is litterally a guy wrestling in a space suit and a monkey mask if it's the same guy I saw on I think a Chikara show.