Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

SENSUAL DAD KISS posted:

It should be noted that he's actually not stupid and his published academic work is pretty good. His book is basically CBT that's been candy coated for alienated millenial men.

Tell me more about this candy coated cock and ball torture.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

Trig Discipline posted:

Meet me out back with some fun dip and a boxing glove and prepare to be enlightened.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Trig Discipline posted:

:pervert:

kru
Oct 5, 2003

This is fantastic

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I don't have anything to post because this was a conversation I had with my mom. :smith: I won't be posting soon because it looks like the purge is the black race is coming soon because of the The First Purge movie. Because that's how this works right? The Nazis made a movie while they were seizing power in Germany.

She getting that stuff from here. I swear, if we were white she'd be watching Fox News now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfJfd5eIGiQ&t=264s

Serf
May 5, 2011

i think this may be a misreading of the purge movies, which consistently depict the jackbooted fascists and capitalist pigs getting their poo poo kicked in by the poor and downtrodden

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Serf posted:

i think this may be a misreading of the purge movies, which consistently depict the jackbooted fascists and capitalist pigs getting their poo poo kicked in by the poor and downtrodden

Ah, fantasy movies.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer
I've never actually read or listened to this Peterson fellow, but would it be accurate to say he's this decade's Dr. Laura Schlessinger in that he simplifies complex topics into easily quotable soundbites with a thin veneer of intellectualism that makes all of his followers smug insufferable assholes?

Or maybe a Dr. Phi whose an actual doctor?

CheesyDog
Jul 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Krispy Wafer posted:

I've never actually read or listened to this Peterson fellow, but would it be accurate to say he's this decade's Dr. Laura Schlessinger in that he simplifies complex topics into easily quotable soundbites with a thin veneer of intellectualism that makes all of his followers smug insufferable assholes?

Add incels and Nazis

burexas.irom
Oct 29, 2007

I disapprove of what you say, and I will defend your death because you have no right to say it!

And, boy, you got a stew going!

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Krispy Wafer posted:

I've never actually read or listened to this Peterson fellow, but would it be accurate to say he's this decade's Dr. Laura Schlessinger in that he simplifies complex topics into easily quotable soundbites with a thin veneer of intellectualism that makes all of his followers smug insufferable assholes? is

In what way is he more a doctor than Dr. Phil? They both have PhD's in clinical psychology.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Absurd Alhazred posted:

In what way is he more a doctor than Dr. Phil? They both have PhD's in clinical psychology.

I think the whole "Doctor Phil isn't a doctor" thing started because he's not a licensed psychologist (or licensed anything as far as I know) and most people have literally no idea what doctor actually means. The way I understand it he can't legally call himself a psychologist in the US but he can call himself a doctor? I'm sure someone can confirm. Nope I was wrong about that but anyway.

e: And apparently he was licensed but let it lapse himself. So I was wrong about everything except the bit about most people having literally no idea what doctor actually means!

3D Megadoodoo has a new favorite as of 13:45 on Jul 13, 2018

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Oh wow. So he's exactly as much of a doctor as Dr. Phil.

The Duck of Death
Nov 19, 2009

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Sometimes less is more. :shrug:

Snarky woke twitter (snoke twitter) is the worst

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

The Duck of Death posted:

Snarky woke twitter (snoke twitter) is the worst

I think anime Nazi's are worse.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!

Josef bugman posted:

I think anime Nazi's are worse.

That's two things I hate.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Nazi furries are extremely bad too.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Picnic Princess posted:

Nazi furries are extremely bad too.

I never thought I'd like or even tolerate a furry until Nazi furries came along, then suddenly the rest of them seemed downright sensible. Furries. Sensible.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
I imagine that any already bad thing with a Nazi modifier on it is exponentially worse.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
And they're way harder to punch. They got all this loving padding on.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

SpacePig posted:

I imagine that any already bad thing with a Nazi modifier on it is exponentially worse.

Nazi Nazis? :eek:

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Would a Nazi Nazi be a double Nazi, or would it be a Nazi2?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Serf posted:

Can't say anything about the new one though. For one, had no idea it was a thing. But also, eugh, never a big horror fan anyway so whatever.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

SpacePig posted:

Would a Nazi Nazi be a double Nazi, or would it be a Nazi2?

Nazi to the power of Nazi.

Serf
May 5, 2011

RareAcumen posted:

Can't say anything about the new one though. For one, had no idea it was a thing. But also, eugh, never a big horror fan anyway so whatever.

the new one depicts no-poo poo race war with government troops led by an m. bison-looking motherfucker going room-by-room through low-income housing getting into firefights with poor black and hispanic residents

also government mercenaries in literal kkk hoods getting killed by a street gang

the movie ends on a hopeful note, with the surviving people banding together to prepare for the next purge, which nicely leads into the resistance movement shown in the 2nd and 3rd movies

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Serf posted:

This isn't really a spoiler because it's literally in The First Purge's trailers, but the Purge is secretly an effort to kill off the poor as a form of population control. In The First Purge, they hire mercenaries to start kicking in doors when people just start partying instead of killing each other like they expected.

What makes The First Purge different is that it's really overt in its messaging, especially in the current administration, and makes the protagonists black while most of the villains are white. All of them except the original film have this kind of messaging, as the first film was really a stand-alone work that takes place almost entirely in one wealthy family's house.

Serf
May 5, 2011

chitoryu12 posted:

This isn't really a spoiler because it's literally in The First Purge's trailers, but the Purge is secretly an effort to kill off the poor as a form of population control. In The First Purge, they hire mercenaries to start kicking in doors when people just start partying instead of killing each other like they expected.

What makes The First Purge different is that it's really overt in its messaging, especially in the current administration, and makes the protagonists black while most of the villains are white. All of them except the original film have this kind of messaging, as the first film was really a stand-alone work that takes place almost entirely in one wealthy family's house.

yeah, the purge is never shown to be something that actually helps people psychologically. it is 100% depicted as a tool of economic and racial oppression. even in the first movie the central conflict revolves around a wounded black veteran being hunted by college republicans with machetes and shotguns

i thought they were just gonna be dumb horror movies but they're really not that at all, which is surprising and refreshing

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Skwirl posted:

Thankfully he teaches in Canada so I don't think anyone went into debt taking classes from him.

If only. :smith: Student loans aren’t as bad up here, but they are still a thing.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Aramek posted:

That's two things I hate.

bad people on both sides, i agree

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Jerry Cotton posted:

Ah, fantasy movies.

Worked in Russia.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Thank you, cousin I haven't seen in years, for showing everyone a picture of your big toe with the nail completely removed because of a roughhousing mishap.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Mak0rz posted:

Thank you, cousin I haven't seen in years, for showing everyone a picture of your big toe with the nail completely removed because of a roughhousing mishap.

wuss

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

lol if your cousin didnt rip his big toe nail off when you were younger and shoved his gross rear end toe directly in your face to gross you out.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Won't someone think of the poor pedophiles?! :pedo::cry::reddit:

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Headlines are social media, right?
https://twitter.com/Dpzzle/status/1017832394622193664

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
If you're attracted to children and HAVE NEVER ACTED ON THOSE IMPULSES IN ANY WAY, SHAPE OR FORM, yeah, that's a rough deal, but I'm sure if people like that are part of the incel community they think they're entitled to sex just like every other incel, so feed them to the lions.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

From last page, but APGDiscovery is a museum at the Aberdeen Proving Ground that's set to open next year, and ENIAC lived at the APG for a while. It's dumb but understandable from a promote-at-any-cost point of view. (Possibly they also don't understand that installing a program into ENIAC wasn't the same thing as a "stored program".)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Serf posted:

Yeah those movies are not at all subtle in their message that "The rich are loving assholes and this is all a plot to gently caress the poor"

The first movie they really hammer it home with the victim that is hiding in the rich families house he's a Veteran and African American.

The Purge movies are really dumb but kinda fun, but the social commentary in them is playing to the cheap seats.