Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

EvilHawk posted:

Oh yeah I forgot I'm not allowed to criticise Klopp at any point

You’re criticizing him for something that literally hasn’t happened lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

You’re criticizing him for something that literally hasn’t happened lmao

I'm criticising him because something hasn't happened how is this difficult.

Here's the quotes I'm talking about :

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/danny-ward-given-chance-stake-12907215.amp?1=&__twitter_impression=true posted:

The Liverpool manager is ready to offer his Wales international keeper, who was third choice at the club last season and played just one game, the chance to stake a serious claim for the number one spot at the club.
Klopp, in fact, has ruled out a move in the summer transfer window for a replacement goalkeeper, despite widespread reports in the Italian media that Liverpool are about to bid for Roma's £65m-rated Alisson.
there has been no contact with either the Serie A club or the player himself...and there are absolutely no plans at this stage to enter the race.
Interestingly, it could offer a route back for Simon Mignolet, who has been Belgium's number two keeper at the World Cup.

Klopp is not interested in buying a new goalkeeper. He's going to make the guy who's played one game for us the new number 1, let the guy we binned out last season for being poo poo return to fight for his place (despite Mignolet wanting to leave), and keep Karius around for ???

As a Liverpool fan that's very concerning and I will criticise Klopp and anyone else involved in this decision as much as I want.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
he is obviously trying to buy a new goalkeeper. how can you not understand how clubs go about making deals

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
my mind is literally boggling right now

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Ah yes despite literally everyone connected with Liverpool saying he's not trying to buy a keeper, we should assume that he is

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
Klopp will buy a GK in January when it's too late to catch Manchester City, then next year will be Liverpool's year

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Why would you leave it this late when it's such an obvious need?

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January

EvilHawk posted:

Ah yes despite literally everyone connected with Liverpool saying he's not trying to buy a keeper, we should assume that he is

Isn't it one journalist saying it?

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

fat gay nonce posted:

Isn't it one journalist saying it?

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-boss-jurgen-klopp-set-14900193.amp

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/liverpool-open-talks-to-sign-13m-shaqiri-from-stoke/f3n4khi8nfli1d4in600ggxdv

There's two more

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004
I don't see anything wrong with what EvilHawk is saying tbh

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

EvilHawk posted:

Exactly, I mean when have we ever heard false information from journalists in a transfer window before?

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Gorn Myson posted:

Exactly, I mean when have we ever heard false information from journalists in a transfer window before?

And if we do sign a goalkeeper then that's great. In the meantime I'm not going to pretend that everything is fine whilst all sources are indicating that we're going into the season with the same jokers as last year.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

The Kimoa Kid posted:

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

trem_two posted:

Inter sold Eder to the Chinese club that is also owned by their ownership group. He's getting €13m per year lol.

second highest paid Italian player....behind Pelle lmao

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
Danny Ward showed promise at Huddersfield (and they wanted to keep him for another season from what I remember). Maybe "The Pool" should give him a chance to be poo poo lmao.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
glad we're back to the status quo in this thread: 9000 posts from arsenal/liverpool fans meltdowning about all the players they're buying/not buying

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

The Kimoa Kid posted:

Because it's so obvious that every club will demand sky-high transfer fees. 65m for Alisson ffs that's an insane amount of money for a keeper who conceded 7 goals when we played him in the CL semifinal. Any sane manager would make up a story that Liverpool actually aren't interested in a keeper because in football saying you're interested in anything ever means paying more for it. Just look at how Klopp's transfers went last season, he made it really clear which players he wanted and ended up hugely overpaying for some of them because it was so obvious he wanted to sign them and not anyone else.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
Better than law talk imho.

How many Chelsea players will be raided by Barca/Madrid? So far it seems Wily, Hazard, and Kante are going to be bid on.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Brony Car posted:

Danny Ward showed promise at Huddersfield (and they wanted to keep him for another season from what I remember). Maybe "The Pool" should give him a chance to be poo poo lmao.

I have no real complaints about offering him a chance fwiw

Mean Bean Machine posted:

glad we're back to the status quo in this thread: 9000 posts from arsenal/liverpool fans meltdowning about all the players they're buying/not buying

Ah yeah because you're contributing so much

why does this weird fag keep posting at me lol trying to get a date or something?

:eyepop:

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

vyelkin posted:

Because it's so obvious that every club will demand sky-high transfer fees. 65m for Alisson ffs that's an insane amount of money for a keeper who conceded 7 goals when we played him in the CL semifinal. Any sane manager would make up a story that Liverpool actually aren't interested in a keeper because in football saying you're interested in anything ever means paying more for it. Just look at how Klopp's transfers went last season, he made it really clear which players he wanted and ended up hugely overpaying for some of them because it was so obvious he wanted to sign them and not anyone else.

Don't only approach super obvious targets, maybe? Leno is by nooooooo means a guarantee, but he only cost 20m. And it's not as if Klopp lying is really convincing anyone. It hasn't convinced you.

gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

It seems like Liverpool's recruitment has been strong enough over the past couple of seasons to give some benefit of the doubt. I'd be surprised if the decision to purchase a new GK was entirely Klopp's anyway.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

The Kimoa Kid posted:

Don't only approach super obvious targets, maybe? Leno is by nooooooo means a guarantee, but he only cost 20m.

That's exactly what Klopp and Liverpool have done so far this season, signing Fabinho completely out of the blue when no one even knew they were interested in him. The point isn't that Liverpool are going to sign Alisson, the point is that Alisson is the keeper people keep linking to Liverpool and as a result the price that's touted for him is insanely high. It would be the same no matter who the keeper was because everybody knows Liverpool need a new keeper.

All I'm saying is don't trust anything any manager ever says during a transfer window. Klopp might sign a new keeper or he might not but saying he definitely won't because he said he trusts his current keepers is dumb because he might be saying that because it's true or he might be saying that because he wants to try and keep transfer fees down.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

Thom P. Tiers posted:

Better than law talk imho.

How many Chelsea players will be raided by Barca/Madrid? So far it seems Wily, Hazard, and Kante are going to be bid on.

I'll take 100m for Willy Caballero please and thank you

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Gorn Myson posted:

Right? Reminds me of the glittering career that Renato Sanches has had since his performance in the last Euros

Totally forgot Sanches was on loan at Swansea this past year. 20 years old and washed up.

In interesting news:
https://twitter.com/SkyKaveh/status/1017795545551769602

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Lol would be insane to get rid of Kante

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Perhaps Liverpool should loudly announce they need a new goalkeeper so the other teams know it and raise their prices? Just a thought.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
If Chelsea get rid of Kante and Hazard for anything less than 150m each I will be upset. I'll probably be upset anyways, but if they are going to do it, it better be for a dump truck full of money.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Perhaps Liverpool should loudly announce they need a new goalkeeper so the other teams know it and raise their prices? Just a thought.

Will letting in two soft goals in the CL final do instead?

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

My friend, everyone in this thread knows Liverpool needs a new goalkeeper. Other clubs are not fooled by their silence.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

wenger has walked

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Kante as the richest man on earth's Paulinho replacement will be pretty cool, and will also let Busquets miss a few games here and there without forcing Rakitic out of position. Then again, this Barca board has proved to be entirely incompetent so I imagine they'll jockey for Kante until late August and then spend 100 mil on that loser Will.I.An

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Diva Cupcake posted:

Totally forgot Sanches was on loan at Swansea this past year. 20 years old and washed up.

In interesting news:
https://twitter.com/SkyKaveh/status/1017795545551769602

nothing like turning the head of a player about to start a world cup final lol

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

This will have the added bonus of unsettling their current keepers as well, always a smart choice imo

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe

BWV posted:

Will.I.An

Glad I'm not the only person who thinks this

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Ronaldo is having his medical and press conference in Turin on Monday

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

It's tired, but not as tired than gay-panic posts and slurs tbh

Sad King Billy
Jan 27, 2006

Thats three of ours innit...to one of yours. You know mate I really think we ought to even up the average!
I think Liverpool are doomed to suffer a merry-go-round of mediocre or flawed keepers.

It is like a gipsy curse.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Sad King Billy posted:

I think Liverpool are doomed to suffer a merry-go-round of mediocre or flawed keepers.

It is like a gipsy curse.

Pepe Reina owned

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

RIP Jerzy Dudek :poland:

• Locked thread