Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TitanG
May 10, 2015

SENSUAL DAD KISS posted:

Lots of antibiotics are stable for a long loving time. For example the US Army has a giant horde of ciprofloxacin from the Korean war that is used to define the expiration date of ciprofloxacin because they check it every 5 years and it's still >99% effective.

Uhhh, cipro was discovered in the late 70s and introduced in 87. You're either thinking of a different antibiotic or a different war.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Old Binsby
Jun 27, 2014

TitanG posted:

Uhhh, cipro was discovered in the late 70s and introduced in 87. You're either thinking of a different antibiotic or a different war.

I don’t know which SDK meant either but it’s definitely true the US government stockpiles are decades old for many types of drugs. They are tested periodically and if not degraded in potency they aren’t replaced - this isn’t research exclusively, it’s cost cutting: that stockpile is meant to be distributed in case of large scale emergencies. details in the quote source below

is this relevant to ASF? nah, he probably knows already them being expired is not even close to the most dangerous complication of doing a bunch of parking lot sales drugs. But this bit of wisdom from a kindred soul - the president of the National Institute for Pharmaceutical Technology and Education, I couldn’t not post it

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2017/07/18/537257884/that-drug-expiration-date-may-be-more-myth-than-fact posted:

It's a shame to throw away good drugs
- Ajaz Hussain , scientist

The Creature
Nov 23, 2014
Weren't you supposed to let your lover love for a while from the bed falling/impaling?

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

Bobbie Wickham posted:

I love your stories, especially about the history of Zagreb. And your English never fails to impress me.

IIRC (this may have been somewhere in the depths of this thread or the previous one), ASF learned English from anime subs and shitposting in FYAD.

Which makes is extra impressive TBH.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Lead out in cuffs posted:

IIRC (this may have been somewhere in the depths of this thread or the previous one), ASF learned English from anime subs and shitposting in FYAD.

Which makes is extra impressive TBH.

We've had this discussion numerous times over the years, and, invariably, someone feels that they absolutely must let us all know that, actually, A Sweaty Fatbeard's English isn't really all that good, and he doesn't understand why we're all so impressed.

Hopefully, this will be the end of that cycle.

A SWEATY FATBEARD
Oct 6, 2012

:buddy: GAY 4 ORGANS :buddy:
An update!

Mr Weed and I have began to use our drugs very sparingly because both of us have started looking for real jobs. That doesn't mean we've abandoned Flea Market Baba, we paid has a visit last Sunday and came back with a shitload of benzos.

There's about $100 worth of drugs in this picture. Baba sold out her opiates because we came rather late to the flea market, but some other guy was selling Biperiden/Akineton and Pregabalin/Lyrica, so naturally we bought both – and the amazing thing is that he charged us only 40 kunas for both packs of drugs ($5.5), while I was willing to give him up to a hundred for these drugs (he was obviously unaware that he was selling hot stuff.) I basically bought my entire prescription at the flea market.

And here's a funny photo I took with my brickphone. This is the road that leads to the flea market, and it's insanely congested whenever there's something at the flea market. This guy, a Mercedes driver, thought it would be a good idea to park his car at the lawn at the side of the road. What he didn't know, though, is that the greenery around the road is not the lawn but the rather tall bushes, as the road is built atop the flood dike. He fell in and I really wonder how they got him out, the underside of his car and the muffler must be trashed because there are rocks and poo poo in the bushes.

This guy, apparently the owner of the car, is looking at this poo poo and is like “ah gently caress it.”

Another picture, you can see Mr Weed's hair to the left; he has quite a hair thing going on. We're like Cheech and Chong, I haven't had a shave in a year, Mr Weed said he's gonna get me John Lennon sunglasses and a bandana and then I'd be a spitting image of Tommy Chong. :)

Anyway, I started aggressively looking for a job - any job. Yesterday I went to the notebook factory where my job was to put six shrinkwrapped sets of notebooks that were coming out of the machine into a cardboard box, then pack everything up with sticky tape and then put the completed box on a pallet. I did this all morning, and then the boss came and said; “I'm sorry dude, you're just too slow for this job. I think it's your medication that's taking the snap out of you and making you sluggish, no hard feelings.” I wasn't mad, I just packed up and left.
In a way I was glad I didn't get this job because you could only reach the factory by foot, and it was a thirty-minute trek through the muddy village road with no sidewalk which apparently hasn't been repaved since 1972.

On Monday I'm going on a job interview at a newspaper agency as a forklift driver in their printing press plant, and if that doesn't go through, the following day I'm going on another job interview at a company whose name escapes me for the moment.

So things are finally looking up! :)

By the way, I bought a Made-in-Croatia calculator from 1974 and the fucker works great! It comes with a sturdy plastic docking station which doubles as a battery charger and the whole thing is in a surprisingly good shape for something that's nearly fifty years old (save for the battery pack which I had to rebuild from scratch due to electrolyte leakage and corrosion damage.)

At one point I had over fifty vintage calculators in my collection but I had to sell them all when I was moving to a studio apartment in 2012. You wouldn't believe just how much room space such a collection can gobble up.

So this is it for now. Next time I'm gonna tell you stories about my car (the infamous beige Lada Samara). :)

A SWEATY FATBEARD
Oct 6, 2012

Old Binsby posted:

I don’t know which SDK meant either but it’s definitely true the US government stockpiles are decades old for many types of drugs. They are tested periodically and if not degraded in potency they aren’t replaced - this isn’t research exclusively, it’s cost cutting: that stockpile is meant to be distributed in case of large scale emergencies. details in the quote source below

Jakuševac flea market is basically a huge open-air pharmacy, I never noticed this before I became a druggie. People sell the weirdest stuff; antidepressants, antipsychotics, stomach lining meds (pantoprazol/controloc) and the strangest thing - antibiotics / amoxicillin. These are typically refrigerated, and I'm not sure I'd be brave enough to take Amoxicillin from a squashed muddy box bought at the flea market in case I got pneumonia. But if you have an ailment - ANY kind of ailment - just go to the flea market - and get your cure which may or may not work. :wtf:

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Please don't drive forklifts hosed up on drugs .

A SWEATY FATBEARD
Oct 6, 2012

spankmeister posted:

Please don't drive forklifts hosed up on drugs .

This. I once tried to drive on amphetamines, but felt like my machine was levitating above the ground. I said, okay this doesn't go because I can't control the machine, so I went to the shift manager and demanded he give me a broom to sweep the warehouse because I was too hosed up to drive (told him I was hung over, never mentioned drugs.) So basically don't worry about me doing such things because I'm well aware about what I can and can't do.

That doesn't mean I didn't drift forklifts (did you know that you can actually drift those things?) I was of course one of those morons, and to make the matters worse, I did this completely sober. Nearly tipped the machine over. :ughh:

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy
Get yourself whatever the equivalent of a PO box is in Croatia, so you can post the address, here. I don't have private messages, but I still have an urge to send you random stuff.

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

It would be awesome if we could dance!
Please don't send him drugs

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Dance Officer posted:

Please don't send him drugs

I would never do that. If there is one thing he has shown an ability to do consistently, it's score drugs.

Millow
Apr 30, 2006

some say he's a rude dude with a crude 'tude
Good to hear you are doing well ASF. Also great to hear about the job search, a man needs to work. Even if that man is hosed up on flea market pills. Keep on truckin' dogg

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

I would never do that. If there is one thing he has shown an ability to do consistently, it's score drugs.

Please do send him weird alcohol. Like those 99 cent bagged alcohol shots from south africa or whatever.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

A SWEATY FATBEARD posted:

This. I once tried to drive on amphetamines, but felt like my machine was levitating above the ground. I said, okay this doesn't go because I can't control the machine, so I went to the shift manager and demanded he give me a broom to sweep the warehouse because I was too hosed up to drive (told him I was hung over, never mentioned drugs.) So basically don't worry about me doing such things because I'm well aware about what I can and can't do.

That doesn't mean I didn't drift forklifts (did you know that you can actually drift those things?) I was of course one of those morons, and to make the matters worse, I did this completely sober. Nearly tipped the machine over. :ughh:

Is this you?
https://youtu.be/iCGgPuD6qFI

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy
Haven’t heard from you in a while. Are you off on a bender?

A SWEATY FATBEARD
Oct 6, 2012

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

Haven’t heard from you in a while. Are you off on a bender?

Hey there, I'm doing quite good. I got hired at a paper recycling company, been working there for three weeks already! The job is physically arduous, every day I get a truckload of old paper or so, and it's my job to sift through the stuff, separating different types of paper which is then sold to the paper mills. So basically, I'm rifling through garbage, high as a kite, and getting paid - how cool is that? :)

It's a small company, there are about a dozen employees in total, if you count the owner as well. We have medium sized forklift truck, and I rose up from having to ask my manager if I could maybe press a button on the truck to "hurry Fatbeard, hop on the machine and load up this semi, we're countin' on ya!" - in a week or so which is awesome! :)

The downside is that the job wrings out the last atom of energy from my body. I'm away from 6:30 in the morning till 6 in the evening (oh and I'm also biking to work, by the way) and when I come home, I only take a shower, grab something to eat and then collapse into the bed. Doesn't matter, the guys at work are cool and good people, just socializing with them is making me happy. You know you've struck gold when you feel excited every morning over the fact that you're simply going to work. :)

I'm steadily munching on subs which I scored the last Sunday. I'll give my body a few days of precious rest the next weekend when I'm free - I have a free Saturday every other weekend. Health wise, I had a bout of nasty coughing the first few days of work, it turned out that my lungs were not prepared for all the dust and an aerosol of chemicals and mouse poop. I then cut down on tobacco and guess what, I stopped coughing! :haw:

I just don't know, there are so many things I'd like to write about, been thinking about a story about vintage toilet bowls and poop but it's gonna have to wait for some other time when I'm not so tired - my brain is barely clinging onto the edge. In the meantime, have a relatively recent picture of me, taken at the flea market, ostensibly cosplaying as Caro:

Old Binsby
Jun 27, 2014

Hey there, I'm doing quite good. I got hired at a paper recycling company, been working there for three weeks already! The job is physically arduous, every day I get a truckload of old paper or so, and it's my job to sift through the stuff, separating different types of paper which is then sold to the paper mills. So basically, I'm rifling through garbage, high as a kite, and getting paid - how cool is that? :)

It's a small company, there are about a dozen employees in total, if you count the owner as well. We have medium sized forklift truck, and I rose up from having to ask my manager if I could maybe press a button on the truck to "hurry Fatbeard, hop on the machine and load up this semi, we're countin' on ya!" - in a week or so which is awesome! :)

The downside is that the job wrings out the last atom of energy from my body. I'm away from 6:30 in the morning till 6 in the evening (oh and I'm also biking to work, by the way) and when I come home, I only take a shower, grab something to eat and then collapse into the bed. Doesn't matter, the guys at work are cool and good people, just socializing with them is making me happy. You know you've struck gold when you feel excited every morning over the fact that you're simply going to work. :)

I'm steadily munching on subs which I scored the last Sunday. I'll give my body a few days of precious rest the next weekend when I'm free - I have a free Saturday every other weekend. Health wise, I had a bout of nasty coughing the first few days of work, it turned out that my lungs were not prepared for all the dust and an aerosol of chemicals and mouse poop. I then cut down on tobacco and guess what, I stopped coughing! :haw:

I just don't know, there are so many things I'd like to write about, been thinking about a story about vintage toilet bowls and poop but it's gonna have to wait for some other time when I'm not so tired - my brain is barely clinging onto the edge. In the meantime, have a relatively recent picture of me, taken at the flea market, ostensibly cosplaying as Caro:

happy for you. I completely understand your cheerful mood, it's a good feeling coming home tired from physical labor instead of stupid bullshittery. but do i read correctly that you work 13 out of every 14 days??

great pic, too

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

I'm sure that's one of those markets where you can get the matching PSL rifle to make your cosplay outfit complete. :haw:

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

A fellow forklift driver, eh? I like driving a forklift. I understand how you feel about your job. The best job I ever had was loading trucks from 8pm-??am. That was a combination forklift/handcart job. On a typical night, we’d load a couple thousand cases of beer and booze. I wish my body could still do that.

Your life is oddly fascinating. I’m pretty sure we’d all read it if you wrote about antique toilets, or abandoned zeppelin storage hangers, or whatever else floats through your very special brain.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

I told you not to drive forklifts while high! <:mad:>

woke kaczynski
Jan 23, 2015

How do you do, fellow antifa?

Fun Shoe
I've been lurking your threads for a bit and I am glad you are well :) and your writings are always enjoyed.

Millow
Apr 30, 2006

some say he's a rude dude with a crude 'tude
Work makes the man dog. I'm happy you're having a good time.

Doctor Malaver
May 23, 2007

Ce qui s'est passé t'a rendu plus fort

Congratulations on looking like a 1992 Serb reservist / paramilitary

Old Binsby posted:

happy for you. I completely understand your cheerful mood, it's a good feeling coming home tired from physical labor instead of stupid bullshittery. but do i read correctly that you work 13 out of every 14 days??

Presumably he doesn't work Sundays so it's 11 out of 14 days.

A SWEATY FATBEARD
Oct 6, 2012

I just want to chime in with a short post, saying that all of this has a happy ending. Yesterday I got my first salary for May, and it's more than I expected. The boss is very satisfied with my work, so next month I'm even getting a raise.

Drug-wise, oh, I'm under influece 24/7, but not to the point where I'd be wrecked and unable to work. This way I can even drive a forklift (and I'm quite handy with the machine.)

Other workers have accepted me for what I am, a completely harmless weirdo. Come to think of it, they never saw me sober, and that's good. :haw:

The work is hard, but people are good and cool as hell. I often say that I'm coming to work to rest my mind - and wear out my body. I don't even need benzos anymore, I'm sleeping like an babby. :)

So there. I've come a long way indeed. This thread now has a happy end. :)

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Good to hear.

Lol if you show up sober your workmates are gonna think something is wrong with you

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

Are you pretty excited about your football team ASF

A SWEATY FATBEARD
Oct 6, 2012

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

Are you pretty excited about your football team ASF

I'd be lying if I said that I am. It's hard to feel excited and/or motivated when you're doin dope - you're on a plain, you can't complain! :D Mr Weed and I are of course watching the matches over at my place, with a shitload of beer and various funny pills going, but both he and I don't really care about sports even while sober. We just hung out together and got high, and the football match was just providing some background noise... before we muted the TV sound and went back to our 1960s funky rock music on Youtube. :)

Oh well, as far as the job is concerned, I'm doing a helluva good work, being skilled and handy with my truck and all that stuff that makes the boss happy, but this way it turned out that I got me a job just to support my drug habit (which is something I'm fine with.) :hurr:

Working with old paper is typically not very filthy, but sometimes we have to roll up our sleeves and get down with something really nasty. See, we have a contract with a certain restaurant in Zagreb, and a pretty famous one at that. They're paying us money so we'd take away their nasty-rear end trash - which means that we're quite literally - fancy garbage men. Hell, I have thick leather gloves, steel-toed tims and that fruity little reflective vest so that someone doesn't accidentally back up the truck onto me. Yeah, fancy garbage men! :)

So anyway, they're throwing out a shitload of food scraps, spoiled meat and dairy products - and as you'd guess, it doesn't take long in this summer heat for the whole thing to turn incredibly gross. The dumpsters stunk so bad the other day that you could smell them a block away and we, my colleague and I, had not only to empty them, but to thoroughly wash them out with a blast of compressed water (ie a miniwash)
Armed with a mighty garden rake of justice, I pulled out maggot-ridden bags with chunks of leftover food from the dumpsters, shoveled the poo poo and put literal death into nylon bags before having blasted the maggots away with a jet of water. Good thing that I have a helluva stomach, getting close and personal with pure death and poo poo is something that doesn't really bug me and I did this all alone - having not asked for help - because I reckoned that someone could get mighty sick from the extreme stench and start puking everywhere (and that's something that I didn't really need.) Took me two whole hours to get the god-damned dumpsters right! :ughh:

I'm working overtime almost every day. The contract says that I'm supposed to be working from 8AM till 4PM, but in practice I'm usually staying at work all the way until seven in the evening. I'm not in a position to complain though, I think that it's a good thing that there is a lot of work because that means that we'll really earn the money for our salaries! The owner (34) is a really good fella, and his son (14) is working for him as well over the summer, in order to earn the money for a new bicycle. :) The owner's brother (25) often comes over to help us as well. I'm the oldest employee in the company... which is bumming me out a bit, I suddenly feel old. :(

Forgive me for all the run-on sentences and tense disagreements, I'm high beyond belief. Mr Weed and I are planning a helluva party, I supply the dope and he supplies the acid. I'm already excited :pervert:

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

I'd be lying if I said that I am. It's hard to feel excited and/or motivated when you're doin dope - you're on a plain, you can't complain! :D Mr Weed and I are of course watching the matches over at my place, with a shitload of beer and various funny pills going, but both he and I don't really care about sports even while sober. We just hung out together and got high, and the football match was just providing some background noise... before we muted the TV sound and went back to our 1960s funky rock music on Youtube. :)

Oh well, as far as the job is concerned, I'm doing a helluva good work, being skilled and handy with my truck and all that stuff that makes the boss happy, but this way it turned out that I got me a job just to support my drug habit (which is something I'm fine with.) :hurr:

Working with old paper is typically not very filthy, but sometimes we have to roll up our sleeves and get down with something really nasty. See, we have a contract with a certain restaurant in Zagreb, and a pretty famous one at that. They're paying us money so we'd take away their nasty-rear end trash - which means that we're quite literally - fancy garbage men. Hell, I have thick leather gloves, steel-toed tims and that fruity little reflective vest so that someone doesn't accidentally back up the truck onto me. Yeah, fancy garbage men! :)

So anyway, they're throwing out a shitload of food scraps, spoiled meat and dairy products - and as you'd guess, it doesn't take long in this summer heat for the whole thing to turn incredibly gross. The dumpsters stunk so bad the other day that you could smell them a block away and we, my colleague and I, had not only to empty them, but to thoroughly wash them out with a blast of compressed water (ie a miniwash)
Armed with a mighty garden rake of justice, I pulled out maggot-ridden bags with chunks of leftover food from the dumpsters, shoveled the poo poo and put literal death into nylon bags before having blasted the maggots away with a jet of water. Good thing that I have a helluva stomach, getting close and personal with pure death and poo poo is something that doesn't really bug me and I did this all alone - having not asked for help - because I reckoned that someone could get mighty sick from the extreme stench and start puking everywhere (and that's something that I didn't really need.) Took me two whole hours to get the god-damned dumpsters right! :ughh:

I'm working overtime almost every day. The contract says that I'm supposed to be working from 8AM till 4PM, but in practice I'm usually staying at work all the way until seven in the evening. I'm not in a position to complain though, I think that it's a good thing that there is a lot of work because that means that we'll really earn the money for our salaries! The owner (34) is a really good fella, and his son (14) is working for him as well over the summer, in order to earn the money for a new bicycle. :) The owner's brother (25) often comes over to help us as well. I'm the oldest employee in the company... which is bumming me out a bit, I suddenly feel old. :(

Forgive me for all the run-on sentences and tense disagreements, I'm high beyond belief. Mr Weed and I are planning a helluva party, I supply the dope and he supplies the acid. I'm already excited :pervert:

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Congratulations on sending England home

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
I hope you're doing well, please try not to die on Sunday lol.

Teketeketeketeke
Mar 11, 2007

spankmeister posted:

Congratulations on sending England home

Nth-ing this!

A SWEATY FATBEARD
Oct 6, 2012

Phoneposting from my new smartphone! Oh yeah, mr weed and i are already partying the gently caress, we did a ton of trams, xannies and p, anyway i was goinģ from my apartment to his back and forth since i was repairing my computer, installing drivers and updates despite being high as a kite but i am doing rather okay. Mr weed, though, wasn't doing so hot. I barged into his apartment, kramer style, and saw him passed out at the kitchen table. Shook him awake, well, sort of awake, he then had some water from bobbie's bowl before dropping it to the floor. I said gently caress, the guy is totally hosed, so i picked him up and put him into his bed, turned all the lights out and made my way out. I'm going to work in the morning provided that i dont pass out as well. Anyway it's gonna be onehelluva party on sunday. Wonder what the body count will be after the match........ sorry for lovely penmanship, i can barely see what i'm typing on this goddamn phone, everything is so tiny and my vision is somewhat blurred from the drugs, oof. Srsly, oof.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2FlO5OndKI

Bob Ross Nuke Test
Jul 12, 2016

by Games Forum
I fear that Fatbeard may have died, given the weekends events. :ohdear:

Old Binsby
Jun 27, 2014

Nah he doesn't really care about football and drugwise he's taking it pretty easy compared to the old days of 'i found a chair on a stove' and 'i attached my keys to my pants irreversibly so I won't get locked out, didn't work when I lost both' (not sure on that last one but something like that happened)

Saladman
Jan 12, 2010
Every year or so I stumble across an ASF post somewhere, then come to read a page or so of this thread, and I'm amazed (a) he's still alive, and (b) that's the first photo I've seen of him and he looks super normal. I guess I expected uh, a sweaty fatbeard (whatever that is, but it's not the guy in the helmet) who also looks all haggard from years of constant heavy drug use, particularly because of the cigs. Most smokers I know have pretty wizened skin before they're 40, but maybe ASF hasn't hit 40 yet—or doesn't smoke as much anymore?

Teketeketeketeke
Mar 11, 2007

Saladman posted:

Every year or so I stumble across an ASF post somewhere, then come to read a page or so of this thread, and I'm amazed (a) he's still alive, and (b) that's the first photo I've seen of him and he looks super normal. I guess I expected uh, a sweaty fatbeard (whatever that is, but it's not the guy in the helmet) who also looks all haggard from years of constant heavy drug use, particularly because of the cigs. Most smokers I know have pretty wizened skin before they're 40, but maybe ASF hasn't hit 40 yet—or doesn't smoke as much anymore?

Yeah, he looks crazy-good considering the sheer volume of drugs involved.

dpack_1
Mar 23, 2009

Let another's wounds be your warning

Old Binsby posted:

Nah he doesn't really care about football and drugwise he's taking it pretty easy compared to the old days of 'i found a chair on a stove' and 'i attached my keys to my pants irreversibly so I won't get locked out, didn't work when I lost both' (not sure on that last one but something like that happened)

He tied them round his neck and then couldnt find his keys so kicked his door down, passed out, then woke up to a doorless apartment and remembering he had put his keys round his neck for safe keeping.

Ah... the good ol' days of ASFB

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A SWEATY FATBEARD
Oct 6, 2012

dpack_1 posted:

He tied them round his neck and then couldnt find his keys so kicked his door down, passed out, then woke up to a doorless apartment and remembering he had put his keys round his neck for safe keeping.

Ah... the good ol' days of ASFB

Ehh if I remember correctly I didn't really manage to kick the door down, I passed out outside, right in front of my apartment doors. Ah the good old Biperiden days... the keychain was supposed to prevent this sort of thing from happening again, but I couldn't afford a proper keychain back then so I simply used a shoelace (which remains with me right to this day.)

To be honest, I can't remember making my last post - either way, it turned out that I really did miss work the next day, but I have absolutely no idea why (it probably has something to do with drugs.) :ssh: This is nothing compared to what happened on Sunday when Croatian football team played the finals. Mr Weed and I went out early in the morning to meet Drug Baba at the flea market, and not only we had luck, we also scored a wad of subs from some other guy. Mr Weed spent the night awake, tweaking on lord-knows-what, either way, after doing our business at the flea market, Mr Weed and I later decided to have some beer with random rear end pills and it was all downhill from there. :ughh:

There is a reason why the guy always carries a backpack with him, no matter where he goes; you can bet that at any time there is at least one 2L plastic bomb of beer in there. He was noticeably drunk at the flea market, making a stop every now and then to take a hearty chug from the backpack. We also scored some benzos... you can sort of guess where this goes. :ughh:

That's not to say I was sober. Hell, no, but at least I could walk in a more-or-less straight line without stumbling around. Anyway, we burned several hundred bucks on drugs and headed home. As I said, there is a quaint little cafe on our way back, and we usually make a stop there for a beer or two in order to gather our wits and inspect the loot. At around the same time it started raining so now we had a good reason to sit down and have a round. Heavens had other plans, the drizzle turned into a downpour which then lasted for hours - and one round of beer turned into two, then three, then gently caress poo poo hell I can't really remember.

Mr Weed, who was already hopped up on trams and benzos, was ready to pass out. We were drinking for several hours while waiting for the rain to stop (which didn't)- and though I was quite wasted, I sort of knew that we really need to drag our asses home before we start barfing all over, more specifically, while Mr Weed starts barfing all over.

The guy was wasted. Too drunk to walk on his own. Hell, too drunk to speak coherently. After making our way out, I grabbed the guy by his waist and clenched him against my person so he wouldn't fall over in the rain. We were like the most cartoonish pair of drunks stumbling down the muddy road. At times I'd let him walk on his own because he kept telling me he was fine (which he wasn't) so I'd let him make a few bumbling steps before grabbing him again so he wouldn't collapse and hurt himself. Told me many times how he's sorry for being a bother, "no problem buddy", I'd say, "I know you'd do the same for me."

We somehow made our way home, and I then passed ready-to-pass-out Mr Weed over to his hapless wife, so she'd walk him to bed. Mr Weeds wife is made out of pure awesome, if the guy ain't doing well or something, she'll take good care of him as if she were his mom. drat I need to get me one of those wife things, but I have no idea how, where or even why. This could be really cool though, but I digress. Nevermind.

I knew the guy would be unplugged at least until Monday, which meant that I was stuck watching the football match alone which sucked buy hey buddy, get some rest or something. The last thing I remember was popping trams as they were candy before getting all worked up - which usually means that it's about time to do the laundry and other chores around the apartment! :madmax:

I'm not sure which pills I took - how many or if I got any sleep that night at all. I can't even remember watching the match (and not knowing the score in the morning.) Anyway, contrary to common sense, I decided that morning to go to work! :ughh:

My memory is all patchy and blurry, but I do remember operating the forklift truck, high as a motherfucking kite, and then feeling impossibly tired, especially as the workday unfolded. I may have taken some benzos before bedtime (4AM) in order to slow my racing organism down a bit, but then neglecting to realize that I was supposed to get up like 90 minutes later and go to work.

Well, the fuckup was inevitable, but fortunately for everyone involved, the fuckup was nothing spectacular. I simply dozed off while sitting on the machine, waiting for other workers to prepare some palettes for me. And everyone was like, the gently caress, is that guy sleeping? Srsly? :crossarms: I'd snap out of it, only to doze off again a minute later. :ughh:

Of course everybody wanted to know what's up, and I was "sober enough" to brush it off with "oh god I'm drunk and I didn't get any sleep" before the boss said that I look like a zombie and that I really ought to go home to get some sleep.

I have not been fired right there at the spot. :stare:

The boss obviously wasn't happy about this, but he's a crazy good person and after all of this, I feel nothing but embarrassment. :(

I showed up at work the following day and even though the guys did poke fun at me for a bit, the boss let it slide and pretended nothing special happened. He's such a good guy. :(

The crew of our company and I have been very busy the past few days. Some factory hired us to move and destroy their old accountanting archives; tons upon tons of old paper and cardboard which has to be painstakingly carried down the stairs as they don't have an elevator and everything is (of course) kept upstairs. That's eleven to twelve hours of very, very hard physical work every day, since we're even racing against the clock - the deadline is on Friday. I have no problem pulling all of this poo poo off. Even Mr Weed, who is a construction worker, says that I have inhuman strength in my body. :stare:

Sooner or later the circumstances around my work will force me to admit to everyone that it was buprenorphine that gave me this inhuman strength, and that I'm spending my salary on drugs.... which I'm using so I'd be able to work. drat. :ughh: