Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Song For The Deaf posted:

I’m rewatching the series, and for the first time I’m noticing a hard line where things start to get iffy.

Season 12.

There are some good episodes, but you’ve got a lot of episodes about lovely social messages, usually brought about by an interloping straw man.

Raise the Steaks: Hank joins a food co-op and teaches hippies how to run a business, who then turn around, get greedy, and sell the store to Mega-Lo-Mart.

Dang it. Raise the Steaks gets thrown under the bus a lot but it’s one of my favorites. It has so many great Hank moments, like how he’s the only grocery employee who knows how to work a power loader, and when he thinks having hemp toilet paper will get him arrested.

Hank: “I bought some steaks here yesterday, and they weren't very good.”

Meglo-Mart employee: “Maybe you cooked them wrong.”

Hank: “Uh, you don't know me, so I'll pretend I didn't hear that.”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I like Raise the Steaks

like when Appleseed tells Hank he bought him some hemp toilet paper

"are you trying to frame me?"

Song For The Deaf
Aug 10, 2006

I HAVE TO USE MY SOUND SWORD NOW.
Of the ones I listed, Raise the Steaks is probably the best. It’s got good goofs, like Hank outright fetishizing making the cattle happy so they will taste better.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

Ein cooler Typ posted:

I am Tartouffe, the spry wonder dog

Great episode

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Of the ones I listed, Raise the Steaks is probably the best. It’s got good goofs, like Hank outright fetishizing making the cattle happy so they will taste better.

It's the best steak I have ever eaten. Peggy, I think we need to say grace again.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

There are episodes that , while they are good, certain parts make me cringe because of the faux pas and misunderstandings.
I still say the best episode is Soldier of Misfortune where dales gun accidentally goes off.

It has everything. Pocket sand, Peggy saying Penis, I am mister Big, and Gary Busey.

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Dale pretended to have an accidental discharge to find out who his enemies were

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

Finished my second rewatch and my wife's first ever watch. It's just so good. It gets kinda weird after Cotton dies though. My wife was shocked and I told her not to worry, they only mention it like 1 time ever again.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
boggle?!

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

I like the final bit where he gets a picture of the cows living happily on a farm and he just smiles and says "they look delicious." its a good gag that hank only cares about this stuff because it results in better steaks, that's a very hank thing to do

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The one episode I don't like is the one where they're at the airport for Thanksgiving. It just spends the entire time making GBS threads on Hank with no payoff.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
hank's woes at airport thanksgiving are primarily a result of his, and peggy's, neuroticisms. i think it's a good episode

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
Yeah I think that's a great episode since it has almost all the cast in it.

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.
The day before Thanksgiving is, in my opinion, a great episode.

Also, Clown College is great if not just for having Paul F Tompkins as the professor.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I really liked the Clown College one but at the same time it felt like a retread of the time Bobby was a plus size model.

namlosh
Feb 11, 2014

I name this haircut "The Sad Rhino".
SerPUNT is great solely because of this line from Dale:
ewb-hob-gibble-bobble! Skeeble!

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

super sweet best pal posted:

I really liked the Clown College one but at the same time it felt like a retread of the time Bobby was a plus size model.

I just picked that up last rewatch, is that poor fucker destined to never get his own vehicle?

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I wanna get Boomhauer's car

Testikles
Feb 22, 2009

Iron Crowned posted:

I wanna get Boomhauer's car

The one in the quarry?

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Testikles posted:

The one in the quarry?

Nah, it was a Mustang, no one should own a Mustang.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

The White Dragon posted:

as for great episodes after cotton dies, the one where they have to flush cotton's ashes in the crapper is :discourse:

That one is weird since they had a two parter involving Cotton fighting for his plot at Arlington National Cemetery.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Detective No. 27 posted:

That one is weird since they had a two parter involving Cotton fighting for his plot at Arlington National Cemetery.

I guess it wouldn't be too outrageous for him to just have the marker placed and his remains somewhere else.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
Dallas? Sallad

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
it wasn't Arlington it was in Texas

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

Ein cooler Typ posted:

it wasn't Arlington it was in Texas

Arlington, TX?

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
in Austin

https://cemetery.tspb.texas.gov/

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Austin, VA?

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

super sweet best pal posted:

yeah but so was Business Is Picking Up which was still a good episode

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
do you think Andy Maynard has a better house than the guy who picks up dog poop

Catalina
May 20, 2008

namlosh posted:

SerPUNT is great solely because of this line from Dale:
ewb-hob-gibble-bobble! Skeeble!

I first saw SerPUNT with my best friend, who is a vegetarian who will go out of her way to safely stop her car and help snakes and turtles cross the road, and she was laughing so hard she was wheezing when they got to the part where they were killing Josh the snake in the sewer. She told me, "that is the hardest I have ever laughed at the death of an animal"; so no matter what else, that episode gave me that.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Mr. Dauterive, if you don't take a chance you'll end up miserable; like Mr. Dauterive.

Foul Ole Ron
Jan 6, 2005

All of you, please don't rush, everyone do the Guybrush!
Fun Shoe
I am currently making a bundle of small origami cranes that I can keep in my pockets to through in the faces of malcontents.

Pocket cranes will be a thing.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Peggy Hill is down to her last pennnnnceeel.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

dallas? salad

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Shut up, Peggy, I've already picked the state for our next vacation: drunk.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Who What Now posted:

Shut up, Peggy, I've already picked the state for our next vacation: drunk.

The drunken drama of Hank and Peggy getting really down on themselves and both trying to squeeze into a trash can is weird but oddly touching.

And then they go for pancakes in the morning.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFaWjy1gSA4

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYFtskeZrNg

One of my favorite scenes in the whole show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StupidSexyVaultGuy
Jul 26, 2003

My Lord, this muggy July weather gives me the horribles.