Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Matt Zerella posted:

when the threads merge, good. but it had better drat well be called the succ zone still.

This zone will always succ.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

Jazerus posted:

voters are dumb babies who must be soothed with the peaceful sound of data center consolidaton

"Vote for me and the only spin you'll ever hear is that of hard drives in our data consolidation centers!"

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

The Muppets On PCP posted:

kinda curious why all of a sudden dems are having such a hard time with digital campaigns when obama's was pretty decent

obama kept his campaign operation separate from the Dems as a whole, and most of his major campaign staffers have gone through the revolving door into various post-politics positions

for example, Obama's chief digital strategist went on to co-found a global PR firm. the Obama campaign CTO ended up as CEO of a Google-funded startup that provides digital analytics for NGOs. the Obama campaign's digital director went on to co-found a communications consulting company with two other Obama campaign alumni. the Obama digital organizing director went off to co-found a digital consulting company and an incubator for political technology startups (called Higher Ground Labs, because of loving course it is). the Obama campaign's director of digital analytics is now the CEO of a "boutique analytics firm founded by Obama campaign veterans"

and so on, and so forth. as far as I can tell, basically all of them hit the springboard into private work as soon as Obama's reelection campaign was over

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Captain_Maclaine posted:

This zone will always succ.

suck this zone!! *points to data center*

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Jazerus posted:

suck this zone!! *points to data center*

*looks down doubtfully* doesn’t look very consolidated

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Main Paineframe posted:

obama kept his campaign operation separate from the Dems as a whole, and most of his major campaign staffers have gone through the revolving door into various post-politics positions

for example, Obama's chief digital strategist went on to co-found a global PR firm. the Obama campaign CTO ended up as CEO of a Google-funded startup that provides digital analytics for NGOs. the Obama campaign's digital director went on to co-found a communications consulting company with two other Obama campaign alumni. the Obama digital organizing director went off to co-found a digital consulting company and an incubator for political technology startups (called Higher Ground Labs, because of loving course it is). the Obama campaign's director of digital analytics is now the CEO of a "boutique analytics firm founded by Obama campaign veterans"

and so on, and so forth. as far as I can tell, basically all of them hit the springboard into private work as soon as Obama's reelection campaign was over

The recent Chapo that went over Dan Pfeiffer's book was really telling in that regard, in which Dan admitted that the only reason he got involved with the Obama campaign / white house is because he thought it would be a good resume builder before going back to finish his graduate degree at an ivy league university

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar
Who Watches the Men 8
Men Watching Part 9

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Is crowley still ruining everything

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Uncle Wemus posted:

Is crowley still ruining everything

he kinda got shut the gently caress down when the endorsement he was running on told him to go gently caress himself

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/JakeSherman/status/1017785414835474432

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

really loving the direction this has taken with fearless girl and zuck

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

SKULL.GIF posted:

also, very unsure "they aren't actually serious" is a great gotv strategy

No not "they aren't actually serious" More "these silly democrats don't even know what they want."

Zhulik
Nov 14, 2012

The Montreal Star
I stand in consolidarity with the succ zone. You can't primary the thread! You will regret this!

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

spacetoaster posted:

Well, there are still some folks who are un-ironically saying poo poo about hillary. That dong won't hunt. :colbert:

Hillary is trash.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Lmao that lovely liberals have basically psy-opped themselves

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Liberals are incapable of honestly admitting error, so of course they'd rather descend to literal conspiracy theories instead.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

Yeah she smells the way things are going and is trying to buy more time to fight off the coup

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

I like your av.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

poo poo they're on to my lmao posts

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

spacetoaster posted:

I like your av.

Thanks!

Raskolnikov38 posted:

This is me, I'm "Guccifer 2.0" poo poo posting.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

Raskolnikov38 posted:

лол

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Raskolnikov38 posted:

lol

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/neeratanden/status/1017807762800238592

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

just came from the keith/bernie rally, it was very anti-succ

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
its the end of spartacus but instead everyone in cspam stands up saying i'm guccifer

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

I'm pretty sure the dems are gonna double down about how everyone should just ignore the content of the emails even though there's no indication that anything was changed but instead blame Russia for letting the cat out of the bag.

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

gradenko_2000 posted:

HEY I WONDER HOW IT GOT TO 25% FROM 0
It went from being an issue of one tenth of one percent to being an issue of the 25% in a matter of months. That's like a 24,900% improvement in such a short period!

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

neera tanden will never be in the white house holding any sort of power

so it was all worth it

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Thoguh posted:

I'm pretty sure the dems are gonna double down about how everyone should just ignore the content of the emails even though there's no indication that anything was changed but instead blame Russia for letting the cat out of the bag.

these people do not get that the content of the emails being truthful is the problem. hackers just exasperated it by proving what everyone thought to be true.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
also i guarantee the republican emails are much, much, much worse and i wish we got to see them.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
succ: https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/nobody-should-listen-to-jeremy-corbyns-iran-views

Anti-succ:

https://twitter.com/jeremycorbyn/status/1017658808666152960

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Nikita Khrushchev posted:

if you like your civil rights you can keep them
:bagl:

GoluboiOgon
Aug 19, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo

MeatwadIsGod posted:

Lmao that lovely liberals have basically psy-opped themselves

what if they were told that putin has a direct, top secret hotline that can be used to communicate with the us president at any time? and that this was created by president kennedy? would they denounce kennedy as a russian spy too, or dismiss this as fake news?

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Thoguh posted:

This is something I still haven't seen them respond to, if they have. I think the RNC chair at the time was like "the Russians didn't write the e-mails" and all I ever saw was Donna Brazile going on TV to spin it clumsily.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

GoluboiOgon posted:

what if they were told that putin has a direct, top secret hotline that can be used to communicate with the us president at any time? and that this was created by president kennedy? would they denounce kennedy as a russian spy too, or dismiss this as fake news?

Please, everyone knows Kennedy was a Vatican spy

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/mcyost/status/1017825621853065216?s=19

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

lol

one can argue that the coverage of the emails was excessive, fine, but their content was absolutely newsworthy, regardless of how unethically they were obtained and by whom. if Russia had done the opposite thing to help Hillary, there is not a chance in hell that she'd be against covering them

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
https://twitter.com/mattyglesias/status/1017829851837943808

I really don't think they are all that different Matty.

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

“I had a suggestion on an internal email on selling Libyan oil which I’ve said was a mistake.”
https://twitter.com/neeratanden/status/1015405189128286208?s=21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

neera has no idea how the deficit works lmao of course

• Locked thread