Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Salt Fish posted:

I already have like eight places to adjust my volume seems complicated, this "knob" business.

you dis my knob you fluff my hog

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

thank u for all the knobs they look like they have great feel :3:

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
love to feel up a good knob

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Salt Fish posted:

I already have like eight places to adjust my volume seems complicated, this "knob" business.

lol wandows

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

Silver Alicorn posted:

here’s one from back when I had a clean desk

a good knob with good knob feel

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

akadajet posted:

those things are pretty cool

surprisingly inexpensive on eBay too

you can also get spaceballs

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Roosevelt posted:

you dis my knob you fluff my hog

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

my ~kinesis gaming~ keybaors is coming tomorrow.

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

so since i got a das keybaord at home ive become acutely aware that my keyboard at work is 1) disgusting and 2) so loving old there are marks gouged into the spacebar from the corner of my thumbnail (I think???) and all the key caps are worn smooth and horrid to type on. plus its a crap HP piece of poo poo in the first place.

but if i get a noisy mechanical keyboard my colleagues will kill me, im thinking some MX reds or something? when I tried them out I didn't think they were that much quieter than the browns in my one at home though

edit: all the ones i can find on amazon or whatever are idiot backlit gamer bullshit

Powerful Two-Hander fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Jul 12, 2018

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

so since i got a das keybaord at home ive become acutely aware that my keyboard at work is 1) disgusting and 2) so loving old there are marks gouged into the spacebar from the corner of my thumbnail (I think???) and all the key caps are worn smooth and horrid to type on. plus its a crap HP piece of poo poo in the first place.

but if i get a noisy mechanical keyboard my colleagues will kill me, im thinking some MX reds or something? when I tried them out I didn't think they were that much quieter than the browns in my one at home though

edit: all the ones i can find on amazon or whatever are idiot backlit gamer bullshit

get a dads keyboard instead

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Roosevelt posted:

get a dads keyboard instead

god i wish but my dad says he's keeping it and ill have to pry it out of his cold dad hands

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

just get a cheap gamer one. if you don't like the backlights you can turn them off but they're pretty nice.

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

why’s your keyboard falling apart like that, do you raise each hand like a foot before striking a key? I’ve been using the same keyboard since 1990 and it’s fine

get a noisy mechanical keyboard and say you need it for your wrists and if others can’t handle the noise you should get an office

an IBM Model M would be best for this exercise

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

my desk is too messy to photograph but I got my keybaors

it's dreamy

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast
i got a pair of leopold topre electrostatic keyboards a while back and i haven't looked back

completely jumped over the cherry mx poo poo after trying a G610 with browns for a few weeks and just hating the sloppy feel of the keys, topres are so good in comparison

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Silver Alicorn posted:

my desk is too messy to photograph but I got my keybaors

it's dreamy

i LOVE my keybaords

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
logitech make a pretty decent wireless key aboard

it’s not a comparison to a mechanical BUT ya can type quite well

jimmyjams
Jan 10, 2001

King Kong of Megadongs
Gobblin' them mega schlongs
Makin' sure they mega long
Stroke' 'em if they mega strong

Sniep posted:

i got a pair of leopold topre electrostatic keyboards a while back and i haven't looked back

completely jumped over the cherry mx poo poo after trying a G610 with browns for a few weeks and just hating the sloppy feel of the keys, topres are so good in comparison

hope u got a good nut guard for those $300 keyboards

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

eschaton posted:

why’s your keyboard falling apart like that, do you raise each hand like a foot before striking a key? I’ve been using the same keyboard since 1990 and it’s fine

get a noisy mechanical keyboard and say you need it for your wrists and if others can’t handle the noise you should get an office

an IBM Model M would be best for this exercise

idk maybe I have a really powerful thumb or something but I swear there are gouges in my spacebar

its a cheap Hewlett Packard piece of crap so it's probably made of recycled coffee cups. must be about 10 years old as well

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

echinopsis posted:

logitech make a pretty decent wireless key aboard

it’s not a comparison to a mechanical BUT ya can type quite well

i was eyeing their backlit bluetooth since i want a slim keyboard i can move out of the way while working on other stuff. right now thats the previous gen apple keyboard but its a bit odd to use for windows and im a dummy that really likes backlit keyboards

if such a thing existed as a mechanical with slim keys and those features itd be in the shortlist but i dont do a lot of heavy typing at home, so i didnt look too far past the tenkeyless models and a few cordless ones

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

Roosevelt posted:

i LOVE my keybaords

this thing feels about 100X better than the monoprice keyboard I have... . . and that feels about 30x better than a normal keybaors

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

also it's US layout not ISO, gotta get used to a normal enter key again.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
I want someone to take that maglev keyboard tech and make a high travel version for desktops.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

sooo, anyone ever try changing key caps on a kinesics board? thinking of turning it pastel

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Which kinesis? The advantage, the only one worth buying *cough*, has custom shapes for their cap set, so you wouldn't be able to find aftermarkets for it.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
advantage is for old rsi- burnt up accountants and 12000 page homestuck fanfic writers. the freestyle is the kinesis for the stylish modern computer toucher on the go

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

Salt Fish posted:

Which kinesis? The advantage, the only one worth buying *cough*, has custom shapes for their cap set, so you wouldn't be able to find aftermarkets for it.

Kinesis Gaming. it has cherry MX reds. I haven’t tried prying any keys off though

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

jimmyjams posted:

hope u got a good nut guard for those $300 keyboards

worth every penny

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

I am cleaning my desk

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

every time I think about cleaning my bedroom I think about jordan loving peterson. my life is in shambles

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
haha good lord why?

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

jordan peterson says to clean your room.

http://www.idontevenownatelevision.com/2018/05/13/106-12-rules-for-life-an-antidote-to-chaos/

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

kinesis freestyle is actually trash

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

your very wrong.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

I can't even begin to describe how wrong you are

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

yea I literally just listened to that ep a couple of days ago

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
I always keep my apartment tidy and vacuumed to impress the women that are never going to be there, plus I imagine that my keyboard collection is sentient and they probably prefer the clean apartment, for example I clean carefully before getting a new keyboard in the mail to make a good impression.

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Salt Fish posted:

I always keep my apartment tidy and vacuumed to impress the women that are never going to be there

don't be so hard on yourself I'm sure that's not tru...

Salt Fish posted:

my keyboard collection

oh nvm

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

Silver Alicorn posted:

every time I think about cleaning my bedroom I think about jordan loving peterson. my life is in shambles

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8WPyC48uX8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

Greetings ladies, wanna come back to my place and admire my collection

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAgesxcM31I