Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HelloSailorSign
Jan 27, 2011

I mean yeah, a bionic dick could be nice.

But did you miss the part that said “improvised”? I have a feeling this is... uh... not necessarily ideal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Everything's coming up explodey!

Pillbug

BitBasher posted:

No no no. It's not an improved dong, it's an improvised dong. That means someone went "Hmmm, that kind of looks like maybe a dong, Let's cut mine off and slap that on" and improvised the parts from that they had around. Buying an awesome cyberdong is a totally different thing.

I mean, in Rimworld it means someone else went "Hmmm, that kind of looks like maybe a dong, let's cut this prisoner's dick off and slap that on".

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

You call that a dick? No, seriously, is that your dick now?

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
I decided at one point to poke at Rimjobworld for giggles. The way it can actually fit into most people's way of playing Rimworld can be summed up in two words:

Peg. Dick.

And its a relatively common starting health modifier. Rolling up random pawns like 10% of them would just have a peg dick. Its a stupid mod, but that part at least is just too silly for me.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
everybody sees that trap you just laid ashsaber

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Ashsaber posted:

I decided at one point to poke at Rimjobworld for giggles. The way it can actually fit into most people's way of playing Rimworld can be summed up in two words:

Peg. Dick.

And its a relatively common starting health modifier. Rolling up random pawns like 10% of them would just have a peg dick. Its a stupid mod, but that part at least is just too silly for me.

*goes into box propped up by a y shaped stick with a string attached* only 10% of random pawns got wood?

McGiggins
Apr 4, 2014

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
I tried it once too. I stole all the humungous sexual organs, male and female, from all my prisoners and any visitors I managed to coax into the hospital via various means.

I then gave all my colonists a huge set of male and female organs. It was exactly what I imagine the worlds greatest evil, anime, to be like.

Then some weird poo poo started happening as a result of the mod that really wasn't desired behaviour, but was part of the mod, and so I decided to not continue its usage.

Those poor wargs...

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Wait, you can coax visitors into the hospital? Wha?

McGiggins
Apr 4, 2014

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
If you allow them to come to harm, or cause them to come to harm indirectly, yes. For example, my caravan meeting points are always at the front of my base.

Should manhunter or raid happen, they're the first to encounter it most often. Anyone that can't walk off the map gets rescued and in gratitude for their continued living donates whatever I need.

With the hospitality mod giving you large groups of visitors as a near constant event, my visitors centre always has an amazing view of the outside world, being that it is outside my base. You'll need to do a lot of trading to keep good relations because of this, but it's very much worth it.

Sten Freak
Sep 10, 2008

Despite all of these shortcomings, the Sten still has a long track record of shooting people right in the face.
College Slice
I'm still figuring the game out, finally got friendly fire mod in place and sent a party out to retrieve a pain fixer thingy from a ways away. The away party was really close to returning but not quite back when a powerful raid hit my base. This is only the second map I've ever started on and I've mostly learned by trial and error (in other words I'm not doing a great job of things overall). The raid was a very large sapper squad so I was looking at a possible rear end kicking. The direct line to my base was a mountain that had a hidden ancient area in it. I opened it once, got my rear end kicked and reloaded and basically forgot about it and avoid it. The raiders blew their way through to it using grenades and ran a heroic frontal grenade assault on 3 big worms and a scyther inside. Most of them died, all the baddies were incapacitated but one, and the last surviving 1 or 2 raiders fled. Somehow I hit the last worm with a mortar round after 3 shots and incapacitated him so in short, got rid of the problem without a single injury.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

What, exactly, stat modifiers does a bionic dick afford you?

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

OwlFancier posted:

What, exactly, stat modifiers does a bionic dick afford you?

The joy of the six million dollar man jump sound playing whenever you get an erection.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

That is a plus certainly but I mean, really, ingame, what does a bionic dick do? Allow you to gently caress mechanoids? I'm running through my understanding of base rimworld mechanics and I can't think what it would actually do other than possibly improving your mood buff when you gently caress.

Add something like a 10 damage melee attack?

+5% accuracy due to built in laser rangefinder?

OwlFancier fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Jul 13, 2018

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

HelloSailorSign posted:

But did you miss the part that said “improvised”? I have a feeling this is... uh... not necessarily ideal.

:gonk: Yeah I read it as "Improved"

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Do...

Do dicks have quality levels?

Can you get, in fact, a legendary quality dick with a picture of an alpaca vomiting while on fire, as a tax collector smiles in the background?

How much is the legendary alpaca vomit dick worth?

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

OwlFancier posted:

That is a plus certainly but I mean, really, ingame, what does a bionic dick do? Allow you to gently caress mechanoids? I'm running through my understanding of base rimworld mechanics and I can't think what it would actually do other than possibly improving your mood buff when you gently caress.

Add something like a 10 damage melee attack?

+5% accuracy due to built in laser rangefinder?

Assuming it's Fluffy's "The Birds and Bees," there is now a stat check for colonists engaging in... relations which affrcts the mood bonus (or even malus, now) that they get from the act. The various prostetheses can, as you might expect, modify the check. Also, the mod adds genitals as a location that can take damage, so now a squirrel can bite off a colonist's genitals, regardless of gender (with an accompanying negative mood), which is why there are improvised genitals to install.

I played with it for a while, but it doesn't work well with the other cybernetics mods I had installed. Also, the mood adjustments were kind of drastic.

Edit: Not drastic in a "this is unreasonable," sense, drastic in a "people keep losing their bits, and we're only tribals, I can't handle all of these -20 mood penalties" sense.

Keeshhound fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Jul 13, 2018

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Keeshhound posted:

Assuming it's Fluffy's "The Birds and Bees," there is now a stat check for colonists engaging in... relations which affrcts the mood bonus (or even malus, now) that they get from the act. The various prostetheses can, as you might expect, modify the check. Also, the mod adds genitals as a location that can take damage, so now a squirrel can bite off a colonist's genitals, regardless of gender (with an accompanying negative mood), which is why there are improvised genitals to install.

I played with it for a while, but it doesn't work well with the other cybernetics mods I had installed. Also, the mood adjustments were kind of drastic.

A great way to troll would be to bake in some code that makes squirrels 100% of the time target genitals if those parts are defined. Load it into the assembly of another popular mod and just wait.

HelloSailorSign
Jan 27, 2011

OwlFancier posted:

Do...

Can you get, in fact, a legendary quality dick with a picture of an alpaca vomiting while on fire, as a tax collector smiles in the background?

...can you make it out of gold or uranium? Or... bone...?

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Warmachine posted:

A great way to troll would be to bake in some code that makes squirrels 100% of the time target genitals if those parts are defined. Load it into the assembly of another popular mod and just wait.

It happened pretty often from what I recall; life on the rim is truly perilous.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Rimworld: No Man's Dong

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
How many dicks can you add to a man before his soul starts rejecting his body?

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Danaru posted:

that sounds like a better question for this game: https://store.steampowered.com/app/455980/Judgment_Apocalypse_Survival_Simulation/

on a related note, has anyone played it? recently hit full release and i'm curious if it's worth some dollars.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger
I think it actually improves cohesion, with no currently discovered upper limit.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

OwlFancier posted:

Do...

Friend, you can't put a value on something that is truly priceless.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Danaru posted:

Sounds like something you could test yourself with a credit card and a Google search for bulk order strapons.

wit
Jul 26, 2011

Splicer posted:

Sounds like something you could test yourself with a credit card and a Google search for bulk order strapons.

Please be civil, do not tell other R/W posters to dildoverdose.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
Please stat Johan van der Smut aka Goldmember as a Rimworld character.

Walton Simons
May 16, 2010

ELECTRONIC OLD MEN RUNNING THE WORLD
Playing my first game of 1.0. I started with 10 people, rolled a boreal forest in autumn with few rations and not being able to build solar panels and batteries right off the bat changes things. I need to set up indoor farming before my potatoes stop growing entirely and sun lamps need nearly 4 generators each to power them. Berries and megasloth meat are feeding my guys.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger
Research chemfuel; a wood fired generator needs 70 wood every two days, a chemfuel generator needs 25 fuel (~50 wood to refine) every week.

Catalina
May 20, 2008

I have never been more glad for private browsing than when I went looking for features are was in Rimjobworld.

Rimjobworld posted:

Insects will now inject eggs while raping.
:stonk:

Forget going back in time to kill Hitler, we need to use the first time machine to go back in time to Osamu Tezuka because anime was a mistake.

McGiggins
Apr 4, 2014

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
Anime was indeed a mistake. Through it, Japan won WWII.

panda clue
May 23, 2014

a few days old but holy gently caress a bioforge reference. I loved this game as a kid!

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Keeshhound posted:

Research chemfuel; a wood fired generator needs 70 wood every two days, a chemfuel generator needs 25 fuel (~50 wood to refine) every week.

you can also refine chemfuel from bamboo. Dedicated a part of your indoor field to growing bamboo and it becomes self sustaining

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009
Or you can use boomalopes as bioreactors and either set them outside grazing or feed them hay grass.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

You can also use solar power to make up the difference, since the sun lamps only run during the day time

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

The design for a boomalope stable would be very interesting.

"Why are the stalls made of reinforced concrete and why do they have rocket silo vents in the back?"

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

OwlFancier posted:

The design for a boomalope stable would be very interesting.

"Why are the stalls made of reinforced concrete and why do they have rocket silo vents in the back?"

Like munitions storage, very thick walls, very thin roofs!

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

A Moose posted:

Like munitions storage, very thick walls, very thin roofs!

"And this is the magazine?"

"No, the stable."

"Stable?"

A gout of flame shoots through the roof.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

EmbryoSteve posted:

you can also refine chemfuel from bamboo. Dedicated a part of your indoor field to growing bamboo and it becomes self sustaining

Once you get that established, rice is quicker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

Pharnakes posted:

Or you can use boomalopes as bioreactors and either set them outside grazing or feed them hay grass.

I even have pigs that haul the milked canisters (don't ask me where the cans come from) from wherever to the bunker. Haul animals are sweet as.