Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Straight White Shark posted:

I am all about that Mad Max guy with the facemask

:same:

I really like the first 2 sets but I wish the suspension on the MM car was a little bit less extreme. It looks kind of ridiculous with all the exposed technic beams.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Rip the suspension off that and stick on the pose able suspension from the bat mobile, boom perfect.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."

xzzy posted:

Rip the suspension off that and stick on the pose able suspension from the bat mobile, boom perfect.

Yeah, the car is cool, just needs the suspension changed. Other two don't interest me.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I think it looks too much like TLBM bane truck.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

xzzy posted:

I'm definitely going to do something like this and have it be the vehicle for my Mad Max Citizen Brick figs. Probably do some recoloring as well.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

That ship is something straight out of Destiny - I love it.

Guzwar
Feb 21, 2006
Everything's coming up Milhouse!

That ship is gonna be modded into a giant Probius so fast.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Anyone going to bricks by the bay?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Oh, here’s a bargain. Smyth’s in the UK currently has Ninjago City down to £207.99 instead of £249.99.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Score, I was able to correctly figure out which CMF bags were the two Lego suits so now I can stop trying. Unless I decide to go for the cactus girl.
Also got the Boba Fett buildable figure on sale so I can go back to ignoring that line.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I wish some of these Ninjago Movie sets would go on clearance already. I just want a bunch of parts in that nice Blue gray that bad guys use.

mynnna
Jan 10, 2004

Got a question! I am, unfortunately (but on the other hand I haven't really touched any of it in years, and the money would be helpful...) working on selling off all my lego. That's starting with my little collection of UCS sets... but then there's the bulk. I don't particularly care to piece it out, because that's too much effort, but is it likely I can charge a premium if I take the time to catalog it all?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Used Lego prices go like this, from most to least valuable:

1 - Complete sets, in the box, with instructions (and extra pieces for a tiny bonus)
2 - Complete sets, with instructions but no box.
3 - Complete sets, without instructions.
4 - Incomplete sets, with instructions
5 - Incomplete sets, without instructions
6 - bulk lego pieces

Note: if you have a box for something that is incomplete, it might add value, depending on the set.

Bulk pieces are worth about $5 a pound. Doesn't matter what is in there, you are basically passing the time/work cost of sorting to the buyer. In other words, as a seller, it is often better to take the time to put complete sets together and sell those. Then sell the remaining crap as is.

Hope this helps.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

You forgot the complete sets minus minifigs tier, which you can get for a (relative) song on bricklink.

But as a seller if you sell the minfigs separate from the set, you might make more cash overall.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

xzzy posted:

You forgot the complete sets minus minifigs tier, which you can get for a (relative) song on bricklink.

But as a seller if you sell the minfigs separate from the set, you might make more cash overall.

That's not a complete set, though.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Nope, it's pedantry.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Not really. The point was to illustrate just how bad selling bulk lego is.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

Waltzing Along posted:

Not really. The point was to illustrate just how bad selling bulk lego is.

Sure but instead of just saying that you typed out that long post. Might as well include one more line because sets without minifigs comes up a lot.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
A lot of places also like to sell minifigs but without any of the accessories they came with.

mynnna
Jan 10, 2004

I know Bricklink has a tool that parts out a set... is there anything that'll go the other way? "Here's what I have, what can be built from it/is close to being buildable"?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

mynnna posted:

I know Bricklink has a tool that parts out a set... is there anything that'll go the other way? "Here's what I have, what can be built from it/is close to being buildable"?

It's slow. But if you go to rebrickable, you can enter your parts and it will tell you what you can make with them. Unless I am confusing that site with another.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
Looks like Target is having a coupon... Something right know. Check this thread for details.

https://twitter.com/skepsipol/status/1018721594091364352?s=19

Text those codes to 827438 to get the actual coupon

They've got the UCS Falcon in stock and I stacked codes to get about 90% off. My order of $900 got turned into $350. We'll see if it sticks, figured I'd let you all know just in case they honor it

Zodack fucked around with this message at 07:38 on Jul 16, 2018

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Zodack posted:

Looks like Target is having a coupon... Something right know. Check this thread for details.

They've got the UCS Falcon in stock and I stacked codes to get about 90% off. My order of $900 got turned into $350. We'll see if it sticks, figured I'd let you all know just in case they honor it

None of those are working on the site.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Zodack posted:

Looks like they’ve already fixed it. None of these codes came up as applicable for anything I tried.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
Sorry, I forgot to mention you have to text those codes to 827438 and then it sends you a link to the actual code. Figured it was part of the tweet but I can see how that can be really confusing.

Odds are they won't honor these anyways but hey, worth a shot.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
No way in hell do they honor something like that. Unless you're able to get something for store pickup and you get to the store before they figure out what happened.

1000 Brown M and Ms
Oct 22, 2008

F:\DL>quickfli 4-clowns.fli

mynnna posted:

Yep, as long as you take the time to inventory what you have (pretty easy if you ignore loose parts). Three sites which do it are Rebrickable, Basebrick and Peeron, although Peeron hasn't been updated in many years.

I don't use Rebrickable personally, but with the other two, there's a button on each set's page saying "Can I build this set?" and it'll compare what you have to that set's inventory. The sets even break it down into what parts you have, what parts you have but in the wrong colour and what parts you don't have enough of. Pretty handy.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Zodack posted:

Sorry, I forgot to mention you have to text those codes to 827438 and then it sends you a link to the actual code. Figured it was part of the tweet but I can see how that can be really confusing.

Odds are they won't honor these anyways but hey, worth a shot.

I figured a small order would have a better shot at sticking, so I got the Y-Wing and the new Mos Eisley Cantina for $26. Said store pickup would be available tomorrow, so we’ll see.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Oh gah, can’t text Target from a non-US phone.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
It's shut down

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

The_Doctor posted:

Oh gah, can’t text Target from a non-US phone.

Ah, cripes. Wasn't sure if it worked outside the US or not.

I woke up to them not charging my account but also them not canceling my order so... :shrug: here's hoping

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Huh, playmats are coming. There's also Road and Park ones.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."
Yeah, and the other Xtra bags are also super useful.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Scipiotik posted:

Yeah, and the other Xtra bags are also super useful.

They are! I bought the food one, and the lampposts one.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
This program has been cancelled.
Boo!

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
Just got confirmation the UCS Falcon from Target shipped. :stare:

Tonde Mo Nai
Jul 9, 2005
my symbolism was stripped away long ago

Zodack posted:

Same here, along with the Diner. Can't believe it went through - hoping it doesn't get recalled/intercepted. Especially since the coupon even included "Doesn't apply to LEGO"

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

Zodack posted:

:yosnice:

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Zodack posted:

I got all the Harry Potter sets except the great Hall. The Hogwarts Express has shipped.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

Tonde Mo Nai posted:

Same here, along with the Diner. Can't believe it went through - hoping it doesn't get recalled/intercepted. Especially since the coupon even included "Doesn't apply to LEGO"

Shoot, they had the modulars in stock too? I would have actually jumped on those. Shouldn't have impulse bought not knowing how long the deal would be up. I basically pre-ordered two games and barely skimmed anything else, thinking the deal would go down any minute as I got in an hour late.