Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wide stance
Jan 28, 2011

If there's more than one way to do a job, and one of those ways will result in disaster, then he will do it that way.
I really wonder how he found that clip of Ronald McDonald on the phone, laughing maniacally no less. Amazing how well it fits the narrative.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

That person is a genius.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

wide stance posted:

I really wonder how he found that clip of Ronald McDonald on the phone, laughing maniacally no less. Amazing how well it fits the narrative.

its quite well known
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q16KpquGsIc

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

spankmeister posted:

That person is a genius.

And yet he accepts donations in Bitcoin :thunk:

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Who would've guessed that Ronald McDonald is Japanese.

Risc1911
Mar 1, 2016

2014, Mt Gox meltdown: Wow, bitcoin really jumped the shark this year!
2015, Silk Road trial: Wow, bitcoin really jumped the shark this year!
2016, Bitfinex hack: Wow, hmm yes
2017, ICO bubble: OK we've reached rock bottom yes?
2018, bitcoin implicated in Mueller probe

Full PDF: https://int.nyt.com/data/documenthelper/80-netyksho-et-al-indictment/ba0521c1eef869deecbe/optimized/full.pdf
The U.S. Department of Justice (DoJ) indicted 12 Russian intelligence officers for conspiring to influence the 2016 U.S. presidential elections. The indictment alleges these officers used Bitcoin to fund their hacking operations.

The indictment’s tenth count, “Conspiracy to Launder Money,” details how the GRU agents used the cryptocurrency to fund the infrastructure they used in their hacking operations.

"The Defendants conspired to launder the equivalent of more than $95,000 through a Web of transactions structured to capitalize on the perceived anonymity of cryptocurrencies such as bitcoin."
---

AARO: Yes, i would still bet on a crypto currency ban by 2019 instead of a BTC price above $7000

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
This is a video of someone urban-exploring an abandoned hotel outside Disney World:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkBn4AIj3l8

Skip to 13:01 for a surprise

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Ghosts are mining bitcoins!

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!

EugeneJ posted:

This is a video of someone urban-exploring an abandoned hotel outside Disney World:

That's like finding a bucket of poo poo at the end of the rainbow.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Risc1911 posted:

AARO: Yes, i would still bet on a crypto currency ban by 2019 instead of a BTC price above $7000
I wouldn't bet on a crypto ban because bitcoin's transactions are easier to track than actual currency. And for whatever reason, this fact doesn't get spread around so people just keep doing dumb stuff.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

EugeneJ posted:

Looks like telecom equipment to me tbh

jimmyjams
Jan 10, 2001

King Kong of Megadongs
Gobblin' them mega schlongs
Makin' sure they mega long
Stroke' 'em if they mega strong
shitcoin

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Khorne posted:

I wouldn't bet on a crypto ban because bitcoin's transactions are easier to track than actual currency. And for whatever reason, this fact doesn't get spread around so people just keep doing dumb stuff.
The crypto is scary hacker cash isn't really the reason to ban as much as a possible marketing spin on it. Crypto needs regulated because its junk bonds/dot coms/suburban real estate.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

zedprime posted:

Crypto needs regulated because its junk bonds/dot coms/suburban real estate.
We've already seen a huge crackdown on ICOs and the market itself no longer favoring them.

Risc1911
Mar 1, 2016

Can't find any stock photos or portraits that have not been used by any of the other 5,000 ICO's scams?

Just use Cartoon Portraits. Problem solved.

https://olympcoin.io/

Also: Coin to pay Athletes. /smh

jay z's sedan
Nov 22, 2005

milk truck just arrive
Do ICOs still make any money, asking for a friend

Barudak
May 7, 2007

jay z's sedan posted:

Do ICOs still make any money, asking for a friend

Emma, you make enough money already. Dont sweep up kids in Wiggle Coin

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
i would mine koopacoins if they were a thing

Rock Puncher
Jul 26, 2014
You can still make money with your ICO's!

https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/tenx/

its a bank with a crypto visa card and it also prints its own tokens

They have this to say about their tokens.

THE TOKENS ARE NOT INTENDED TO CONSTITUTE SECURITIES OF ANY FORM,
UNITS IN A BUSINESS TRUST, UNITS IN A COLLECTIVE INVESTMENT SCHEME,
COMMODITY OR ANY OTHER FORM OF INVESTMENT, PRODUCT OR INSTRUMENT
WHICH IS SUBJECT TO ANY APPLICABLE LAWS, REGULATIONS OR RULES IN ANY
JURISDICTION. NO REGULATORY AUTHORITY IN ANY JURISDICTION HAS EXAMINED
OR APPROVED OF THESE TERMS.

Is this standard? I've never really looked into many of these whitepapers but I found it hilarious. Ok nevermind, the promise is that their token will have value at some as yet determined time when the token becomes a "supported asset", which means, when they choose to support it in their wallet. And you'll eventually be able to use the wallet to do things soon™.

All of which seems to hinge on their ability and some Australian blockchain startup (CoBLox or some such) and its 3 workers being able to develop a "super blockchain" network that solves doublespending, links all the blockchains together or something, virtually removes fees (with high enough volume), and is instantaneous. It promises to provide this connectivity by using nodes hosted by people banks, similar to lightning I guess.

This network will result in 'True instant, frictionless and cheap payments for users all over the world while also creating great new revenue streams for liquidity providers (banks), as well as amazing opportunities for all the companies'.

let me get my blank cheque book

Rock Puncher fucked around with this message at 15:10 on Jul 16, 2018

quidditch it and quit it
Oct 11, 2012

I don’t think Aaro will be posting much in here anymore seeing as he, uhhhhh, was a quadriplegic wrongcock...

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal
What

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

quidditch it and quit it posted:

I don’t think Aaro will be posting much in here anymore seeing as he, uhhhhh, was a quadriplegic wrongcock...

The guy that played Doctor Strange?

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

SpacePig posted:

The guy that played Doctor Strange?

Afro
May 29, 2007

Mother Earth is pregnant for the third time
For y'all have knocked her up
I have tasted the maggots in the mind of the universe
I was not offended
For I knew I had to rise above it all
Or drown in my own shit

he got permad lol

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

In meteorology, vorticity often refers to a measurement of the spin of horizontally flowing air about a vertical axis.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
this is good for bitcoin

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Afro posted:

he got permad lol

Lowtax posted:

Aaro loved kids
Up the butt
Aaro loved kids
Bustin a nut
Aaro loved kids
With his dick and such
Aaro loved kids
Just a little too much

quidditch it and quit it
Oct 11, 2012

Oh man I should’ve written “roboplegic wrongcock” but I was too busy laughing at the fact Aaro managed to type “I’m not a pedo” enough times that he succeeded in catching a permaban. Oh the shame.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Oh man I should’ve written “roboplegic wrongcock” but I was too busy laughing at the fact Aaro managed to type “I’m not a pedo” enough times that he succeeded in catching a permaban. Oh the shame.

I honestly still can't believe that someone with a 2005 regdate would think it would be a good idea to post a thread about how he doesn't like goons calling him a pedo. I'm not sure what he was hoping for, honestly.

Risc1911
Mar 1, 2016

https://twitter.com/TheStalwart/status/1018868561698349058

Obligatory: "This is good for bitcoin"

:laugh:

Jenrai
May 4, 2014

It still boggles my mind that the guy who swore up and down that he got rich on crypto wouldn't just spend the :10bux: to rereg

I guess the minds of true believers and pedos are hard to fathom

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Jenrai posted:

It still boggles my mind that the guy who swore up and down that he got rich on crypto wouldn't just spend the :10bux: to rereg

I guess the minds of true believers and pedos are hard to fathom

He did rereg a couple times

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Years from now when AARO comes up it won't be that weirdo who defended buttcoin by pulling a pedo card out of no where they will just be devolved into a pedo without the context.

Bet that is going to make them insane. Insaner

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

LethalGeek posted:

Years from now when AARO comes up it won't be that weirdo who defended buttcoin by pulling a pedo card out of no where they will just be devolved into a pedo without the context.

Bet that is going to make them insane. Insaner

years from now goons will forget which is which and use aatrek/aaro interchangeably

Andy Dufresne
Aug 4, 2010

The only good race pace is suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die
I actually thought we hadn't heard from AARO because he unironically posted about a $9k price spike that wasn't reflected on other exchanges so I figured he lost his rear end to an insolvent exchange.

Wanted By Weed
Aug 14, 2005

Toilet Rascal

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Who would've guessed that Ronald McDonald is Japanese.

No no, this is his cousin, DONALD McDonald.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

SpacePig posted:

I honestly still can't believe that someone with a 2005 regdate would think it would be a good idea to post a thread about how he doesn't like goons calling him a pedo. I'm not sure what he was hoping for, honestly.

some people develop mental illnesses as they get older

makes sense he was into bitcoin after all

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

My bank has a free app that allows me to send money instantly to any contact saved on my phone. If the contact uses the app too, they just get a push notification that they received money. If they don't use the app or are with a different bank, they get a text message with a link where they can enter their account number to receive the money. Now, that's great and all, but I'm still looking to improve on that. What can your "Bit" coin do for me here? Why should I ever use your "Bit" coin?

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
Because with Bitcoin you can pay extra and wait longer for the privilege!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008