Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
Ukraine was asking for it. What woth its sluttily dressing strategically impottant peninsula with seaports

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

if it wasnt already obvious from the username, "corky russianovsky" is a known russian asset

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

OmanyteJackson posted:

The whole problem with buying into the trump-russia narrative is that it's too narrow of a lens. Leftist already know that foreign oligarchs have major influence on american policy.

Like all good conspiracy theories, russia-trump has a kernel of truth, but the point of it isn't to expose the perverse incentives of power between politics and capital, instead it's about justifying a worldview where the system is fine and this one president is an anomaly.

also takes like this:

Is the problem. The fact that people watch Trump-Russia so they should continue to cover Trump-Russia is the same logic as people watch movies with white people so obviously we HAVE to make an all white adaption of AKIRA.

:agreed:

it'd be nice if russia was a leaping point into "maybe we shouldn't allow influence in our elections by oligarchs in general cause they don't have the best intentions of voters in mind", but that's a step too far cause hillary clinton was burried up to her eyeballs in oligarch money and influence and there was absolutely nothing wrong with her

so instead we just get "anyone who voices an opinion i disagree with is a russian bot/troll"

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

Condiv posted:

:agreed:

it'd be nice if russia was a leaping point into "maybe we shouldn't allow influence in our elections by oligarchs in general cause they don't have the best intentions of voters in mind", but that's a step too far cause hillary clinton was burried up to her eyeballs in oligarch money and influence and there was absolutely nothing wrong with her

so instead we just get "anyone who voices an opinion i disagree with is a russian bot/troll"

western oligarchs influence elections like thissssss
but russian oligarchs influence elections like thisssss

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
This isn't just oligarchs, though; it's the actual Russian intelligence service. A better angle on this might be "well, gee, maybe we should stop the CIA from doing poo poo like this, sure doesn't feel nice being on the other side of it".

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Speaking of which, I've noticed Democrats are getting a lot more aggressive (at least rhetorically) lately compared to the past 18 months. I guess election season really is starting to kick in.

https://twitter.com/SenSchumer/status/1018143297682989056
https://twitter.com/SenSchumer/status/1018143301801795584

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
ok maybe take Russia chat back to demlols.

OmanyteJackson
Mar 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

uncurable mlady posted:

fwiw it's not entirely unreasonable to think that there's something there to the 'russians got clinton models' line. if you recall the election, a lot of people were very surprised by trump going and having rallies in shithole parts of states that were considered clinton locks.

so either trump's campaign team was a bunch of incredibly savvy political operators who realized she was weak in those areas
or they knew that there was a good reason to go to those areas because someone told them where she was weak

:thunk:

If One thing hasn't been made more clear in the two years after the election is that Hillary's whole operation was built on hocum and fraud while trumps was built on general incompetence and also fraud.
We are talking about the campaign where Trump junior responded to an email basically saying "Yes, lets do crimes".

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

uncurable mlady posted:

western oligarchs influence elections like thissssss :tutbutt:
but russian oligarchs influence elections like thisssss :tubular:

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

Matt Zerella posted:

hi matt

lets not play this dumb dnd game of juggling which specific kind of politics chat goes in which specific stupid thread bcause im lazy and im not gonna click around to 5 different threads to get my piping hot trash takes TIA. rear end in a top hat

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Hillary would have hired patriotic, pro-sex pest grifters instead of the racist, traitor grifters trump hired

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Calibanibal posted:

hi matt

lets not play this dumb dnd game of juggling which specific kind of politics chat goes in which specific stupid thread bcause im lazy and im not gonna click around to 5 different threads to get my piping hot trash takes TIA. rear end in a top hat

I'm sorry I'm sorry I'm trying to delete it

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010

SKULL.GIF posted:

Speaking of which, I've noticed Democrats are getting a lot more aggressive (at least rhetorically) lately compared to the past 18 months. I guess election season really is starting to kick in.

https://twitter.com/SenSchumer/status/1018143297682989056
https://twitter.com/SenSchumer/status/1018143301801795584

hmm i didn't believe they were really going to impeach rosenstein next week, but now that schumer is tweeting what a good job he's doing lol

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

delete these bad gbs threads PRONTO. ANDALE VAMANOS

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Matt Zerella posted:

demlols will be part of the succ zone soon

get comfortable, friend

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
corky rank BOFA

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

there's USPol for that garbage. it's not succ enough *zz top guitar spin*

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

why isn't BASTA a succ zone meme

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

i dont follow whatever insane thread hierarchy you monsters have created, whats demlols. is that d&d? gently caress that poo poo

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

i just want a sulk-free zone to post in, is that too much to ask

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

uncurable mlady posted:

i just want a sulk-free zone to post in, is that too much to ask

sulc zone

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat

ex post facho posted:

corky rank BOFA

BofA execs will be 3rd in line to the guillotine

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

uncurable mlady posted:

i dont follow whatever insane thread hierarchy you monsters have created, whats demlols. is that d&d? gently caress that poo poo

its the gbs thread that got banished into here by the lowtax junta

they are our estranged cousins and i look forward to burning their camp down and forcing them to integratewelcoming them after they voluntarily close their rundown old thread :)

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
shut up with the trump putin liberal brain worms garbage in here you retards

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

OmanyteJackson posted:

If One thing hasn't been made more clear in the two years after the election is that Hillary's whole operation was built on hocum and fraud while trumps was built on general incompetence and also fraud.
We are talking about the campaign where Trump junior responded to an email basically saying "Yes, lets do crimes".

Doing things badly seems to be better than doing the wrong things entirely.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

lol russia lovers

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

Agean90 posted:

its the gbs thread that got banished into here by the lowtax junta

they are our estranged cousins and i look forward to burning their camp down and forcing them to integratewelcoming them after they voluntarily close their rundown old thread :)

sounds like a trap to get me to post in a gbs thread

you have to tell me if youre a cop

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

mila kunis posted:

Jazerus posted:

you are a huge idiot moron

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

mila kunis posted:

lol this is like the inverse of the D&D thread getting really mad when people talk about the Democrats being completely inadequate in fighting back against Trump

the two topics are interlinked, there's no escaping one or the other

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe
I just wanted to pop in to note that the political parties; they suck. Real terrible stuff.

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

SKULL.GIF posted:

lol this is like the inverse of the D&D thread getting really mad when people talk about the Democrats being completely inadequate in fighting back against Trump

sir this is the succ zone

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

still lollin at AOC going shitlord

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Pollyanna posted:

still lollin at AOC going shitlord

Wait, what?

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
personally i think more groups, not just russian intelligence, should hack the democratic party and expose the internal workings of that rotten piece of poo poo organization. the content of the leaks was more important than who did it, and the russia poo poo is to completely drum that out of the conversation.

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

i will never lol at AOC being a crypto-fascist. its not funny

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

she debated some woman on TV who's from the Buckley school and Pollyanna thinks this makes her a milkshake duck.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

She had high praise for a steward of Buckley

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

SKULL.GIF posted:

nah

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

mila kunis posted:

sir this is the succ zone

cspam is freedom

our threads are not shackled to their topic, that is the nite crew way :hai:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoluboiOgon
Aug 19, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo
maybe the succ zone about how much the democrats succ is not the best place for eastern europe chat?

• Locked thread